Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Entrepreneur Basics and Information (Apply Here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 pm
Entrepreneur Assistant Skeleton

Hello, my name is Neil Kemp

I am 18 years old at time of application.

I would like to work at Historian Office

I am a Historian

The things I love about this business are Discovering new things, All the reading, The quiet, Cataloging, Examining Artifacts.

The things I despise about this business are Paper cuts, Unorganized papers, Working Late, Not finding Answers, Conspiracy Theories without sound backing

Signed,
Neil Marcus Kemp

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 pm
Entrepreneur / Business Owner Application

Hello, my name is Theopolis Payne

I am 55) years old at time of application.

I am a mortician.

My business is called Payne Funeral Home & Mortuary

I provide pathology, funeral, burial, and cremation services.

It is a magical & muggle business.

It is located in Winchester, England

How did I come into this business? Well... my family has ran this business for generations. I was born here, I was raised here, and I'll even be buried here, unless I'm lost at sea or blown to smithereens!

The things I love about this business are Getting to work from home, chatting with the cemetery ghosts, teaching the children the family business, helping the deceased along the final journey to their eternal rest, and when the presumed dead wake up--what fun! Though it's a bit of a hindrance, but a special occasion nonetheless.

The things I despise about this business are The stench of diseased innards, when the client family drama gets a little too messy, maintaining the cemetery's impeccable state, when someone i care for finds themselves on my table, infant and children clients taken from the world far too soon.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The business is ran by my whole family. It's entirely a team effort!

We've been known to work closely with the aurors as well as Winchester Police due to the nature of our work. Autopsies, coroner reports, the usual. We will also transfer the deceased to preferred burial grounds should they not wish to find sanctuary in our cemetery. For the most part it houses the magical community, but we've got some muggles buried in as well. Of course, none of them turn into ghosts, tragically. Did I mention the cemetery behind our building is haunted? Comes with the territory.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Theopolis Payne

Miss GryffindorK

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:21 pm

Hello, my name is Moira Payne. To my clients, I am known as Madame Ursula.

I am 23 years old at time of application.

I am a Fortune Teller.

My business is called Madame Ursula's Fortunes: Psychic Readings, Rituals, and Talismans

I provide services related to the occult. Primarily I tell fortunes, but I also perform seances and spiritual cleanses. My small shop sells a variety of wares such as grimoires, incense, tarot cards, and lucky charms. Think of it as your typical muggle tourist attraction for all things "witchy".

How did I come into this business? Well... my grandmother Ursula, a seer like myself, has owned the shop for over sixty years. I have recently come into ownership upon her retirement, now that she is satisfied with my skill set.

The things I love about this business are when my fortunes resonate strongly with a client, the endless scent of burning incense, my current residence is just upstairs so I never forget anything, the opportunity to carry on my grandmother's legacy, and playing the occasional trick on my muggle clients (or the magical that I simply dislike).

The things I despise about this business are it can be dreadfully dull when business is slow, when an angry client returns displeased with their fortune, there's so much to dust, when customers bring in their small children and let them touch everything, and when a client seems over the moon with my services, yet doesn't leave a tip.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! For marketing purposes, it would have done us no good to replace the well-established Madame Ursula with her fresh-faced apprentice. Instead, I've simply taken on her name. The popular opinion seems to be that I, "Ursula", have managed to enchant myself with eternal youth. Grandmother and I are very careful to keep up appearances when she is in town to visit. If our muggle clientele were to find out, we would surely be ruined.

We have always been careful not to cross the line of the Statute of Secrecy. As we serve muggles, we are well aware that not every fortune can be accurate. While we maintain a good reputation, we are sure to let slip an incorrect fortune here and there, so that we do not appear significantly more legitimate than any other supposed muggle psychic. And I must admit, it's amusing to see the looks on my clients' faces when I spell their doom and they're destined for a positive outcome, or vise-versa. I like to play it by ear.

There are select items in my business that are of course magical (crystal balls, certain tomes, etc.), but with nothing to be gained from muggle population more than a decoration or an entertaining read in what is, to them, fictional. I make healing balms and elixers, but of course nothing strong enough that could possibly raise alarm. To my non-magical clientele, I'm simply your typical muggle "witch".

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Moira Payne

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:24 pm
Trickblues

Hello, my name is Theopolis Payne

I am 55) years old at time of application.

I am a mortician.

My business is called Payne Funeral Home & Mortuary

I provide pathology, funeral, burial, and cremation services.

How did I come into this business? Well... my family has ran this business for generations. I was born here, I was raised here, and I'll even be buried here, unless I'm lost at sea or blown to smithereens!

The things I love about this business are Getting to work from home, chatting with the cemetery ghosts, teaching the children the family business, helping the deceased along the final journey to their eternal rest, and when the presumed dead wake up--what fun! Though it's a bit of a hindrance, but a special occasion nonetheless.

The things I despise about this business are The stench of diseased innards, when the client family drama gets a little too messy, maintaining the cemetery's impeccable state, when someone i care for finds themselves on my table, infant and children clients taken from the world far too soon.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The business is ran by my whole family. It's entirely a team effort!

We've been known to work closely with the aurors as well as Winchester Police due to the nature of our work. Autopsies, coroner reports, the usual. We will also transfer the deceased to preferred burial grounds should they not wish to find sanctuary in our cemetery. For the most part it houses the magical community, but we've got some muggles buried in as well. Of course, none of them turn into ghosts, tragically. Did I mention the cemetery behind our building is haunted? Comes with the territory.

Signed,
Theopolis Payne

Miss GryffindorK

Accepted!  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:24 pm
Trickblues

Hello, my name is Moira Payne. To my clients, I am known as Madame Ursula.

I am 23 years old at time of application.

I am a Fortune Teller.

My business is called Madame Ursula's Fortunes: Psychic Readings, Rituals, and Talismans

I provide services related to the occult. Primarily I tell fortunes, but I also perform seances and spiritual cleanses. My small shop sells a variety of wares such as grimoires, incense, tarot cards, and lucky charms. Think of it as your typical muggle tourist attraction for all things "witchy".

How did I come into this business? Well... my grandmother Ursula, a seer like myself, has owned the shop for over sixty years. I have recently come into ownership upon her retirement, now that she is satisfied with my skill set.

The things I love about this business are when my fortunes resonate strongly with a client, the endless scent of burning incense, my current residence is just upstairs so I never forget anything, the opportunity to carry on my grandmother's legacy, and playing the occasional trick on my muggle clients (or the magical that I simply dislike).

The things I despise about this business are it can be dreadfully dull when business is slow, when an angry client returns displeased with their fortune, there's so much to dust, when customers bring in their small children and let them touch everything, and when a client seems over the moon with my services, yet doesn't leave a tip.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! For marketing purposes, it would have done us no good to replace the well-established Madame Ursula with her fresh-faced apprentice. Instead, I've simply taken on her name. The popular opinion seems to be that I, "Ursula", have managed to enchant myself with eternal youth. Grandmother and I are very careful to keep up appearances when she is in town to visit. If our muggle clientele were to find out, we would surely be ruined.

We have always been careful not to cross the line of the Statute of Secrecy. As we serve muggles, we are well aware that not every fortune can be accurate. While we maintain a good reputation, we are sure to let slip an incorrect fortune here and there, so that we do not appear significantly more legitimate than any other supposed muggle psychic. And I must admit, it's amusing to see the looks on my clients' faces when I spell their doom and they're destined for a positive outcome, or vise-versa. I like to play it by ear.

There are select items in my business that are of course magical (crystal balls, certain tomes, etc.), but with nothing to be gained from muggle population more than a decoration or an entertaining read in what is, to them, fictional. I make healing balms and elixers, but of course nothing strong enough that could possibly raise alarm. To my non-magical clientele, I'm simply your typical muggle "witch".

Signed,
Moira Payne

Miss GryffindorK

Accepted!  
Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games