Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Entrepreneur Basics and Information (Apply Here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 am
Entrepreneur / Business Owner Application

Hello, my name is Elisabet Amsel

I am 18 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) artificer

I provide new technology for the ever-growing magical world

It is a magical business.

It is located in Killarney, Ireland

How did I come into this business? Well... I grew up working in my dad's workshop, and when I went to Hogwarts, it only cemented my love of tinkering around. Of course, my biggest work of magically infused tech is the arm I custom-built myself. I also discovered other people who liked tinkering, which truly cemented my desire to come up with ideas that would help shape the world.

The things I love about this business are Constant tinkering, seeing ideas come to life, creating things to help people, working at my own speed, and having pride when things succeed

The things I despise about this business are Impossible custom orders, mental blocks on ideas, being rushed by customers, letting people down, constantly making sure I don't end up in trouble with the MoMA division

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I don't have a shopfront, but do often invite people into my shop. I also take custom orders if people are after something specific.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Elisabet B. Amsel

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:10 am
Miss GryffindorK

Hello, my name is Elisabet Amsel

I am a(n) artificer

I provide new technology for the ever-growing magical world

It is located in Killarney, Ireland

How did I come into this business? Well... I grew up working in my dad's workshop, and when I went to Hogwarts, it only cemented my love of tinkering around. Of course, my biggest work of magically infused tech is the arm I custom-built myself. I also discovered other people who liked tinkering, which truly cemented my desire to come up with ideas that would help shape the world.

The things I love about this business are Constant tinkering, seeing ideas come to life, creating things to help people, working at my own speed, and having pride when things succeed

The things I despise about this business are Impossible custom orders, mental blocks on ideas, being rushed by customers, letting people down, constantly making sure I don't end up in trouble with the MoMA division

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I don't have a shopfront, but do often invite people into my shop. I also take custom orders if people are after something specific.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Elisabet B. Amsel

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Hello, my name is Laili Abrams

I am a(n) Owl trainer

I provide Mail and package delivery training to owls and other approved flight birds

It is a Magical business.

It is located in London, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I've always loved owls and been intrigued by them and how smart they are since I was a young girl. When I was in school, I knew I wanted to get a job that cared for them in some way and though I couldn't be a magizoologist I figured this would be the next best thing.

The things I love about this business are Being around owls all day, teaching the young ones, the babies still learning to fly, seeing an owl "graduate," when her owls are complimented on their manners.

The things I despise about this business are The messes, when an owl gets hurt, having to stop an injured bird from flying, seeing her owls go (it's bittersweet), the occasional angry bird, healing her arm scrapes nearly every day.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Though I'm freelance at the moment, I do most of my work at the Owl Emporium in Diagon Alley.

Signed,
Laili Abrams

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Hello, my name is Xavier Goldwind

I am 33 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) historian and travelling journalist.

My business is called Historian Office.

I provide A magical and muggle business which identifies, restores and curates historical documents and artefacts.

It is a magical and muggle business.

It is located in Devon, England.

How did I come into this business? Well... I'd only recently come back into England to raise my kids while they went to school. I'd come in to apply to work here, but was handed the key and told very seriously that I owned the place. I'm... slightly confused as to what happened, only that someone came in later that day to have me sign paperwork stating the office was now mine. Did the old owner simply ragequit when I walked in the door?

The things I love about this business are the quiet, being surrounded by history, restoring artefacts and documents, reading through historical texts, and working with things I love.

The things I despise about this business are being stuck in one place, people, when people dismiss history, interacting with large groups, and did I mention people?

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I think I should reserve the right to hex people that decide to be disrespectful little snots or are loud and obnoxious, but someone informed me that's highly unprofessional and extremely rude. I would love to disagree, but they made me sign something stating I wouldn't cause bodily injury or psychological trauma. Disappointing, really.

Signed,
Xavier Ian Goldwind

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello, my name is Brandon Davenport

I am 25 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) magical veterinarian.

My business is called Davenport Veterinary Hospital.

I provide health care to all magical creatures.

It is located in Surrey, UK.

How did I come into this business? Well... I grew up on my family's farm, which had been converted into a veterinary hospital by my father. I helped out quite a bit when I was a kid, and when he passed away, I inherited the farm. When I graduated Hogwarts, I went on to study as many creatures and their various physiologies as I could, and decided to convert the farm to a hospital for magical creatures.

The things I love about this business are working with animals, helping creatures in need, meeting new creatures I had never run across before, the more challenging cases I come across, and working in almost the same profession as my father.

The things I despise about this business are the mess that I end up dealing with, having to hide the magical creatures, when neighbours bring in their sick or injured animals thinking I'm a muggle veterinarian, when people bring in snakes, and forgetting the names of the owners of some pets.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I keep most of the magical creatures hidden from view, though there are some that I have to disguise as mundane. However, as much as I wish my neighbours wouldn't bring in their pets, I still treat them anyway. I just hope they don't try to look too hard at some of the long-term residents of the hospital.

Signed,
Brandon Ryley Davenport

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:19 pm
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Laili Abrams

I am a(n) Owl trainer

I provide Mail and package delivery training to owls and other approved flight birds

It is a Magical business.

How did I come into this business? Well... I've always loved owls and been intrigued by them and how smart they are since I was a young girl. When I was in school, I knew I wanted to get a job that cared for them in some way and though I couldn't be a magizoologist I figured this would be the next best thing.

The things I love about this business are Being around owls all day, teaching the young ones, the babies still learning to fly, seeing an owl "graduate," when her owls are complimented on their manners.

The things I despise about this business are The messes, when an owl gets hurt, having to stop an injured bird from flying, seeing her owls go (it's bittersweet), the occasional angry bird, healing her arm scrapes nearly every day.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Though I'm freelance at the moment, I do most of my work at the Owl Emporium in Diagon Alley.

Signed,
Laili Abrams

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Diamond Wales

Hello, my name is Xavier Goldwind

I am 33 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) historian and travelling journalist.

My business is called Historian Office.

I provide A magical and muggle business which identifies, restores and curates historical documents and artefacts.

It is located in Devon, England.

How did I come into this business? Well... I'd only recently come back into England to raise my kids while they went to school. I'd come in to apply to work here, but was handed the key and told very seriously that I owned the place. I'm... slightly confused as to what happened, only that someone came in later that day to have me sign paperwork stating the office was now mine. Did the old owner simply ragequit when I walked in the door?

The things I love about this business are the quiet, being surrounded by history, restoring artefacts and documents, reading through historical texts, and working with things I love.

The things I despise about this business are being stuck in one place, people, when people dismiss history, interacting with large groups, and did I mention people?

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I think I should reserve the right to hex people that decide to be disrespectful little snots or are loud and obnoxious, but someone informed me that's highly unprofessional and extremely rude. I would love to disagree, but they made me sign something stating I wouldn't cause bodily injury or psychological trauma. Disappointing, really.

Signed,
Xavier Ian Goldwind

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Diamond Wales

Hello, my name is Brandon Davenport

I am 25 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) magical veterinarian.

My business is called Davenport Veterinary Hospital.

I provide health care to all magical creatures.

It is located in Surrey, UK.

How did I come into this business? Well... I grew up on my family's farm, which had been converted into a veterinary hospital by my father. I helped out quite a bit when I was a kid, and when he passed away, I inherited the farm. When I graduated Hogwarts, I went on to study as many creatures and their various physiologies as I could, and decided to convert the farm to a hospital for magical creatures.

The things I love about this business are working with animals, helping creatures in need, meeting new creatures I had never run across before, the more challenging cases I come across, and working in almost the same profession as my father.

The things I despise about this business are the mess that I end up dealing with, having to hide the magical creatures, when neighbours bring in their sick or injured animals thinking I'm a muggle veterinarian, when people bring in snakes, and forgetting the names of the owners of some pets.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I keep most of the magical creatures hidden from view, though there are some that I have to disguise as mundane. However, as much as I wish my neighbours wouldn't bring in their pets, I still treat them anyway. I just hope they don't try to look too hard at some of the long-term residents of the hospital.

Signed,
Brandon Ryley Davenport

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello, my name is Cornelia Eckstein

I am 20 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) Magical Vet

My business is called Hogsmeade Veterinary Hospital

I provide medical assistance to sick and injured magical creatures.

It is located in Hogsmeade, Scotland

How did I come into this business? Well... I studied under someone for two years before deciding to go at it alone and opened up my own practice. It was time for me to take control of my life.

The things I love about this business are Helping Creatures, Every day is different, Seeing my patients recover, The challenge, & Working with animals in general.

The things I despise about this business are Seeing animals in pain, Being unable to fix everything, Long Hours, Testy patients (being bite, scratch etc.), & Hysterical people…

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I’m not against helping a mundane creature or two.

Signed,
𝒞𝑜𝓇𝓃𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒶 𝐹𝓇𝑒𝒿𝒶 𝐸𝒸𝓀𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒾𝓃

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:46 pm
murruelecreuset

Hello, my name is Cornelia Eckstein

I am 20 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) Magical Vet

My business is called Hogsmeade Veterinary Hospital

I provide medical assistance to sick and injured magical creatures.

It is located in Hogsmeade, Scotland

How did I come into this business? Well... I studied under someone for two years before deciding to go at it alone and opened up my own practice. It was time for me to take control of my life.

The things I love about this business are Helping Creatures, Every day is different, Seeing my patients recover, The challenge, & Working with animals in general.

The things I despise about this business are Seeing animals in pain, Being unable to fix everything, Long Hours, Testy patients (being bite, scratch etc.), & Hysterical people…

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I’m not against helping a mundane creature or two.

Signed,
𝒞𝑜𝓇𝓃𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒶 𝐹𝓇𝑒𝒿𝒶 𝐸𝒸𝓀𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒾𝓃

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello, my name is Casmir Lyon

I am 35 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) Dancer and Dance Instructor

My business is called Hidden Talents

I provide dance classes and tutorials

It is a magical & muggle business.

It is located in Cheshire, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I have always toyed with the idea of starting my own studio but always placed it on the back burner since I figured that I either wouldn't have the money or the time to make it into fruition. So after moving from the US and renovating my home, I worked as a full-time arithmancer for money while still doing some dance on the side. Mostly weekends and occasional weeknights if additional pay was good. Eventually, after being propositioned many times from many people including fellow dancers, I looked at my statements and armed with my savings went looking for a decently sized building and miraculously found one. I aim to have classes from beginning to advanced and offer a wide range of different dance styles and is ecstatic for another change.

The things I love about this business are Children being excited to dance, seeing faces light up when they practice a move correctly, dance recitals, being able to dance as my job again, how close it is to my home.

The things I despise about this business are Helicopter parents, parents being disturbed that I'm male and teach ballet, dance recitals, primadonna 's in the beginner classes, primadonna's in general if I'm being honest.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! At the moment since I'm the primary teacher, I can only teach what I know which rounds off to ballet, expressionist, hip-hop, and hiplet.

Signed,
Casmir Lyon

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:03 am

Hello, my name is Chanda Giese-Dunbar)

I am a(n) Clothing designer

My business is called Young and Thimble

I provide Unisex clothing for youths

It is located in Manchester

How did I come into this business? Well... Chanda's always felt children's clothing was unnecessarily specified based upon sexual genitalia and didn't like it one bit. He's a metamorphagus so as a child he sometimes changed genders depending on whim but as he grew he found while he preferred staying male or gender neutral, he still enjoyed wearing clothing that were construed as "female." He figures it all starts when one's a child so his plans are to create gender neutral clothing for children from birth onward in order to allow both parent and child to broaden their horizons. With some inherited money and the help of his best friend, he plans to one day open a full boutique with clothing and designs.

The things I love about this business are Helping children wear what they want to wear, proving parents wrong, proving parents right, when a kid lights up wearing something they really really like, coming up with fun designs.

The things I despise about this business are Parents arguing with him, parents arguing with the child in front of him, seeing kids be discouraged from certain clothing items, cleaning changing rooms, coming up with designs.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! His business partner is Cyrille LeBeau

Signed,
Chanda Giese-Dunbar

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:47 am
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Chanda Giese-Dunbar)

I am a(n) Clothing designer

My business is called Young and Thimble

I provide Unisex clothing for youths

It is located in Manchester

How did I come into this business? Well... Chanda's always felt children's clothing was unnecessarily specified based upon sexual genitalia and didn't like it one bit. He's a metamorphagus so as a child he sometimes changed genders depending on whim but as he grew he found while he preferred staying male or gender neutral, he still enjoyed wearing clothing that were construed as "female." He figures it all starts when one's a child so his plans are to create gender neutral clothing for children from birth onward in order to allow both parent and child to broaden their horizons. With some inherited money and the help of his best friend, he plans to one day open a full boutique with clothing and designs.

The things I love about this business are Helping children wear what they want to wear, proving parents wrong, proving parents right, when a kid lights up wearing something they really really like, coming up with fun designs.

The things I despise about this business are Parents arguing with him, parents arguing with the child in front of him, seeing kids be discouraged from certain clothing items, cleaning changing rooms, coming up with designs.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! His business partner is Cyrille LeBeau

Signed,
Chanda Giese-Dunbar

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello, my name is Desiree Whitethorne

I am 23 years old at time of application.

I am a bath and cosmetics specialist

My business is called Blood Moon Bath and Beauty

I provide handmade, vegan, eco-friendly magical bath and makeup products such as bath bombs, shampoo bars, lip gloss, etc

How did I come into this business? Well... My friends and I went to Lush, were like "this is cool but what if there was magic" and realized that we actually could totally do that. So we did.

The things I love about this business are experimenting, all the glitter, working with my best friend, being cheeky with product names and ideas, having an excuse to take a million fancy baths.

The things I despise about this business are sometimes the smells are overwhelming, it's rather a lot of work, sometimes things don't come out like you intend and it's disappointing, starting a business is kind of expensive, advertising sucks.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! We're currently only available through a catalogue, but we plan on opening a small shopfront eventually. Also, I co-own this business with Nani Heulwen.

Signed,
Desiree Whitethorne

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Hello, my name is Desiree Whitethorne

I am 23 years old at time of application.

I am a bath and cosmetics specialist

My business is called Blood Moon Bath and Beauty

I provide handmade, vegan, eco-friendly magical bath and makeup products such as bath bombs, shampoo bars, lip gloss, etc

How did I come into this business? Well... My friends and I went to Lush, were like "this is cool but what if there was magic" and realized that we actually could totally do that. So we did.

The things I love about this business are experimenting, all the glitter, working with my best friend, being cheeky with product names and ideas, having an excuse to take a million fancy baths.

The things I despise about this business are sometimes the smells are overwhelming, it's rather a lot of work, sometimes things don't come out like you intend and it's disappointing, starting a business is kind of expensive, advertising sucks.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! We're currently only available through a catalogue, but we plan on opening a small shopfront eventually. Also, I co-own this business with Nani Heulwen.

Signed,
Desiree Whitethorne

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games