CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:36 pm
What are some of your favorite witchcraft or pagan stores to find what you need for spells and rituals? do you buy your supplies online? harvest them yourself or have a new age shop near where you live?  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:42 pm
mostly i buy stuff irl or make stuff
but sometimes i shop on the sacred mists or 13moons website  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

riamuwu

Otherworldly Dreamer

17,950 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:02 am
i mainly just shop around and try to avoid "occult shops" because they charge too much for stuff that i could buy somewhere else for way cheaper.
For herbs and flowers though I usually pick it myself and preserve it for later use.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:14 pm
User Image
I recently bought this book I love Brian Froud's Artwork I own two of his decks and his book Goblins as well. I already owned a copy of this book but it was used and a very old copy and since I got a new one I got the Collector's Edition.  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

Aria Oakwood

Anxious Genius

6,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:14 pm
I don't have a lot of money nor do I live near a new age shop of some sort. I can usually get stuff at stores near by like Dollar Tree (for candle holders and jars), Wal-mart, and Goodwill.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Anything like jars and containers, I normally use things I already have. As for herbs, I buy what I can at grocery stores or have my mom save some of the stuff she uses for me. I'd like to start growing my own herbs at some point. Not sure if I have much of a green thumb, though.

Anything else, I mostly keep an eye out for at thrift stores. I buy my crystals on Etsy, some of the sellers have them very reasonably priced! I also buy crystals from this gentleman at my local flea market, as well as oils. When it comes to books, I always buy them from Thriftbooks. Way cheaper than buying them brand new!

Most of my shopping is done online using eBay, Amazon or Etsy, since we don't really have any witchy/new age shops in my area. People here aren't as open minding as other places are. :c

Insayhem

Shy Vampire

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:38 pm
Aria Snowwood
I don't have a lot of money nor do I live near a new age shop of some sort. I can usually get stuff at stores near by like Dollar Tree (for candle holders and jars), Wal-mart, and Goodwill.

do you order anything online? or make your own?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:41 pm
Insayhem

Anything like jars and containers, I normally use things I already have. As for herbs, I buy what I can at grocery stores or have my mom save some of the stuff she uses for me. I'd like to start growing my own herbs at some point. Not sure if I have much of a green thumb, though.

Anything else, I mostly keep an eye out for at thrift stores. I buy my crystals on Etsy, some of the sellers have them very reasonably priced! I also buy crystals from this gentleman at my local flea market, as well as oils. When it comes to books, I always buy them from Thriftbooks. Way cheaper than buying them brand new!

Most of my shopping is done online using eBay, Amazon or Etsy, since we don't really have any witchy/new age shops in my area. People here aren't as open minding as other places are. :c

I have only used Etsy once and bought a cute rabbit tarot deck an artist made. I love thriftbooks I have gotten so many books from their since I found it. We have two new age shops near where I live I feel pretty lucky about it and sometimes they have new age classes or rituals too. Sounds like you work with a lot of crystals do you do crystal healing?  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

Insayhem

Shy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:16 pm
CandyAppleRose
Insayhem

I have only used Etsy once and bought a cute rabbit tarot deck an artist made. I love thriftbooks I have gotten so many books from their since I found it. We have two new age shops near where I live I feel pretty lucky about it and sometimes they have new age classes or rituals too. Sounds like you work with a lot of crystals do you do crystal healing?

Etsy is pretty nice when you shift through the right shops. A good amount of the time, some stuff might be a little overpriced. But I've found some neat shops that I like to frequent. Thriftbooks is one of the best sites I've ever found. Almost all of my witchy library is straight from Thriftbooks.

And I somewhat work with crystals. I collect them, and carry them around with me for the metaphysical purposes (or at least, try to). However, I often feel a little discouraged because I don't feel the 'energy' coming from them. I don't really feel anything really, it just feels like I'm holding a rock basically. However, I still feel really drawn to them, so that's a bit of a start, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:26 am
Insayhem

Etsy is pretty nice when you shift through the right shops. A good amount of the time, some stuff might be a little overpriced. But I've found some neat shops that I like to frequent. Thriftbooks is one of the best sites I've ever found. Almost all of my witchy library is straight from Thriftbooks.

And I somewhat work with crystals. I collect them, and carry them around with me for the metaphysical purposes (or at least, try to). However, I often feel a little discouraged because I don't feel the 'energy' coming from them. I don't really feel anything really, it just feels like I'm holding a rock basically. However, I still feel really drawn to them, so that's a bit of a start, right?

I kinda have the opposite issue I tend to not work with crystals because I feel them to much. Mostly I have been getting Manga on thriftbooks but I should looks into witchy books too.  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

AngelBiscuits

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm
Honestly, I order almost all of my stuff online if I can't find what I need at GreenEarth. I don't have many options around here. I'd love to grow my own herbs, but I can't grow anything if my life depended on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:38 pm
I tend to accumulate a lot of crystals in particular. Just recently, my favorite shop closed locally... so I'm actively looking for alternatives. There are a few Etsy shops based in Canada which I really like, and a couple in the States as well. Postage costs are the biggest contingency for me when it comes to ordering online...

I do create pretty much all of the crystal jewellery I have... wire wrapping is one of my hobbies and I love it. It's really nice to connect a bit further with a crystal while in the process of wrapping it. I have a pretty extensive collection of crystal jewellery and do an awful lot of work, day-to-day, with chakra balancing so it helps me to have a variety of crystals to choose from depending on what I need.

Honestly, I'm super curious to have a look through the current responses here to see what shops others have suggested, and if any are feasible for me to look into. I found a few on Ebay recently which are based out of some geological hot-spots in the Nova Scotia area, but that browsing is still very tentative.  

dorsal striatum

Interstellar Cosmonaut

7,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25