Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:11 pm
Yesterday was my first day back at work for the summer, and when I got there, the back room was total chaos. Berries and tomatoes strewn across the floor, cardboard stacked precariously in piles everywhere, every cart full of product was a disorganized ******** haphazardly shoved somewhere it didn't belong, the place hadn't been swept in 8 days. It was ridiculous, but I knew why it was like that; two of the few remaining morning crew workers we've got in our department are awful. They've been here for almost half a year and still act like they're fresh in training. If we weren't so short-staffed, I know they would've been fired long ago. My manager was there yesterday, and she was just beside herself with everything like that.

Anyway, I came in today and had one of the two halves of the Dumb & Dumber duo (this particular one I'd call Dumber) to work with for most of my shift. I was dreading it, especially since our manager wasn't in today to help get his butt in gear. Well, turns out I didn't actually need her there. I guess my natural-born b***h leader tendencies began to slip out, because I was directing him all morning, keeping him busy and productive. The sales floor was completely set by 10AM, we didn't get a single page or call from management about anything until the afternoon shift, and not only did we get that back room CLEAN, but also finally gutted out and re-organized the contents of both coolers.

One of the afternoon crew members, also a friend of mine from high school, walked in and couldn't believe the difference. He was just like, "What the hell happened? Why is it clean?"
And me being me was all, "It's because I'M back! emotion_awesome emotion_dealwithit "

I mean, it's true. lol  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:26 pm
Man, that's crazy good of you! You must have been busting your a** off to get him to stay on task and still manage to do your own work to get that much stuff done. You know what, you deserve a raise! You'll get a whole extra 27 cents an hour! Starting next week!

Speaking of work and raises...I got evaluated today. And we had some of our rigs checked out. Turns out the equipment that was just recently sent to us from the owner, a lot of it is expired. Like, the hell man. But on the plus side I nailed the evaluation and earned a massive raise effective next week.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:31 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon

Hiddochi wolf

YAY for being valuable and YAY for getting a raise. Good job both of you!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:34 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
wolf_with_a_dragon

Hiddochi wolf

Gracias!  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:57 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Man, that's crazy good of you! You must have been busting your a** off to get him to stay on task and still manage to do your own work to get that much stuff done. You know what, you deserve a raise! You'll get a whole extra 27 cents an hour! Starting next week!

Speaking of work and raises...I got evaluated today. And we had some of our rigs checked out. Turns out the equipment that was just recently sent to us from the owner, a lot of it is expired. Like, the hell man. But on the plus side I nailed the evaluation and earned a massive raise effective next week.

Oh trust me, everything aches. lol And I only took one of my three breaks (the union "requires" you to take all three, but a lot of people ignore that rule anyway). But it was worth it, especially if it helps make our manager's job a little less stressful tomorrow morning (I'm off tomorrow). She's such a wonderful lady and has done so much to help me out in the past, she doesn't deserve to be bogged down by that shitshow all the time. Haha, I wish! Unfortunately, since it's a big company, raises are given on an automatic hours-logged basis instead of by merit/personal performance. I don't even know what exactly I'm making per hour anymore, with all the changes in federal minimum wage and whatever automatic raises I may have gotten already.

That's awesome! biggrin Okay, not the equipment part, but yay money!  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
wolf_with_a_dragon

Hiddochi wolf

Thanks! emotion_yatta  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:29 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Oh trust me, everything aches. lol And I only took one of my three breaks (the union "requires" you to take all three, but a lot of people ignore that rule anyway). But it was worth it, especially if it helps make our manager's job a little less stressful tomorrow morning (I'm off tomorrow). She's such a wonderful lady and has done so much to help me out in the past, she doesn't deserve to be bogged down by that shitshow all the time. Haha, I wish! Unfortunately, since it's a big company, raises are given on an automatic hours-logged basis instead of by merit/personal performance. I don't even know what exactly I'm making per hour anymore, with all the changes in federal minimum wage and whatever automatic raises I may have gotten already.

That's awesome. Gotta love when you have a badass manager. The supervisor I have is super amazing and, honestly, I feel she's too good for this earth. Nobody deserves her. She has done so much for so many people and never expects anything in return. Whenever we do do something for her she always gets all emotional and on the verge of tears. And man, that sounds like a stupid way to hand out raises. I mean, where's the incentive to keep trying to work harder and improve yourself?

Yeah, equipment part sucked. But the money part is totally badass. Gotta love a buck fifty raise.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:50 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

That's awesome. Gotta love when you have a badass manager. The supervisor I have is super amazing and, honestly, I feel she's too good for this earth. Nobody deserves her. She has done so much for so many people and never expects anything in return. Whenever we do do something for her she always gets all emotional and on the verge of tears. And man, that sounds like a stupid way to hand out raises. I mean, where's the incentive to keep trying to work harder and improve yourself?

Yeah, equipment part sucked. But the money part is totally badass. Gotta love a buck fifty raise.

Aww, she sounds like a sweetheart. It's cute, because I've noticed that my manager sometimes slips up when she's texting me and refers to me as "dear" or "honey." xd She's told me that I remind her a lot of one of her own daughters, who's also an engineer. I walked into work in tears one day because Tyler and I had a fight, and she pulled me aside to ask if I was okay and what was going on, then hugged me and gave me some chocolate. I used to dogsit for her and her husband as well whenever they were out of town while Toby (their beagle-terrier mix) was still alive; he was a nice old dog and they paid me well for it.

Yeeaaah, there's basically no incentive at all unless you're aiming to advance to management. THAT's when performance matters, because they won't even consider promoting you unless you have very positive reviews from coworkers/managers and can demonstrate that you actually know how to do s**t. I'm pretty sure that's how a lot of major grocers/retailers handle raises now, which is why this kind of position has such high turnover rates. We get a lot of really lackluster workers in the process.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:54 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Gracias

Hiddochi wolf
Thanks! emotion_yatta

You're both welcome!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:00 pm
There are times where I feel the same way whenever I go in for my theater shifts. I always notice little things here and there that I'm surprised weren't cleaned up after or left in such disarray. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 am
yay for good jobs done and raises.

I was just given a Salary position with my company. Which means I get Vacation, and a cell phone bonus, and regular pay works out to a dollar more an hour.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:29 am
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

Aww, she sounds like a sweetheart. It's cute, because I've noticed that my manager sometimes slips up when she's texting me and refers to me as "dear" or "honey." xd She's told me that I remind her a lot of one of her own daughters, who's also an engineer. I walked into work in tears one day because Tyler and I had a fight, and she pulled me aside to ask if I was okay and what was going on, then hugged me and gave me some chocolate. I used to dogsit for her and her husband as well whenever they were out of town while Toby (their beagle-terrier mix) was still alive; he was a nice old dog and they paid me well for it.

Yeeaaah, there's basically no incentive at all unless you're aiming to advance to management. THAT's when performance matters, because they won't even consider promoting you unless you have very positive reviews from coworkers/managers and can demonstrate that you actually know how to do s**t. I'm pretty sure that's how a lot of major grocers/retailers handle raises now, which is why this kind of position has such high turnover rates. We get a lot of really lackluster workers in the process.

Yeah, she treats me and a bunch of the other guys at the FD like her kids. We all like to call her Mama Bear. And you gotta love it when your boss kind of considers you family. I feel like it helps bring everyone closer together.

Yeah, that definitely take a away all motivation. It's amazing that people don't understand that taking away the motivation to improve your quality of work will only result in lackluster workers. Like, seriously. Are people really getting to be that stupid? Or do they just no longer care about the quality of product they're producing.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items