Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:34 pm
User Image

Hang out and talk about Altars, share a photo or describe how you set yours up and why?
Do you change it though out the year or keep it mostly the same?
What tools do you like to keep on your Altar?
Is your Alter small/large or inside/outside?
Do you use it for spells, rituals? or just prayers?
Discuss and Share (n_n)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:49 pm
I keep sometimes the same all year round but I add decorations on Sabbats that I usually make a week ahead like drawings and ribbons. I clean it and add new offerings every new and full moon after my solitary ritual.

A tarot deck, wand and Athame.

Is your Altar small/large or inside/outside?
Inside and a decent size the size of a side table top.

I use it for all three.  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

AstroLithium

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 pm
Lucky! gonk I had to down size my alter recently, (my dad jacked my alter table for a tv stand rolleyes ) so now I have to use a small part of my desk, it was hard choosing which crystals to place and which to store. What crystals are most important to you/ that you use the most? I have a lot of amethyst and quartz.

Also, I herd that a lot of people change their alters every holiday, personally I don't (I may temporarily add stuff sometimes though) but do you?

anyways:

I prefer to keep mine the same, though I do change candles a lot
(they're huge and I have many different kinds/scents)

I have a lot of crystals, a small cast iron couldron, a 'wand' of sorts, necklaces that are important to me/ have religious symbols (one is a moon and star and I keep it on the Goddess's side)

Small and indoors

Sometimes for spells, I'm still learning and am uncomfortable doing anything I'm not absolutely sure of. (I also have no patron Deity(s) so this is another contributing factor)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:49 pm
Do you change it though out the year or keep it mostly the same? I mostly just keep it the same.

What tools do you like to keep on your Altar? Well I don't really keep anything on there, since I have to put it away due to having cats that don't know how to leave it alone. I do keep a Spring Goddess statue out on it and some gemstones when everything else is put away, though.

Is your Alter small/large or inside/outside? It's inside, but in front of my balcony window. It's an old night stand with drawers so it's smaller.

Do you use it for spells, rituals? or just prayers? All three.  

AngelBiscuits

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:05 pm
I don't actually use an altar. If I need a ritual space I make one and just place my tools on the floor since most of my rituals involve me sitting still once the space has been created.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:46 pm
I'll have to edit in a picture of my altars, it changes often.
I always keep it/them in the same shelved area because pets, though lol
I got a Chac Mool guy, a kitty and a black star stand, and I leave lil offerings on each, and then sometimes I switch it up
I don't sweat it much, though
I like leaving offerings as in candles or incense instea of physical stuff tbh but I still do both rn lol  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:48 pm
Obscurus
I don't actually use an altar. If I need a ritual space I make one and just place my tools on the floor since most of my rituals involve me sitting still once the space has been created.

so when you are not doing ritual you just store your tools?
do you do any kind of offerings in your practice?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:17 pm
CandyAppleRose
Obscurus

so when you are not doing ritual you just store your tools?
do you do any kind of offerings in your practice?

Yep. Just put 'em in the closet.

I don't really do offerings as I don't really worship anything. Any interaction with spirits is done with the understanding that it's a business transaction or charity arrangement. That's why it's best to work with spirits that are inclined to do what you're aiming for as part of their intrinsic nature, i.e. spirits that exist to foment love and affection doing tasks of that nature. They're meant to do it anyway so there's not really any need to do anything but contact them and ask them.

In that way you avoid any kind of shady Faustian deal.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:12 am
do you point your altar a certain direction? or do you go with just whatever you have room for?
currently mine is pointed east (n_n)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:17 pm
I'd love to share some photos of my altar spaces as they evolve. Can anyone suggest a good site for hosting my images? I'm pretty old school.. I don't use Instagram, for example.

Right now, I'm sort of going through a process of 'returning to myself', which means I'm also setting up something reminiscent to altar spaces around my home. I haven't really done this in years. I live with my fiance, and we have several places around our house where I'd love to have shrines, etc... these spaces are starting to evolve already. They'd have lots of different intent attributed to each unique display, and I'll be changing things up basically whenever I feel the need to do so.

SO -- on to the questions that were posted above (:

It does depend on the display and my reasons for creating it. But usually, yes, they do change fairly often.

I connect very strongly with crystals, and my altars and shrines usually are very dependent on them. If I'm going to change things, it's probably going to involve the crystals that I've chosen to display at any given time.

My primary altar is inside, but I intend to put one in our yard. We (my fiance and I) have already had talks about this, and I've begun collecting rocks with larger quartz inclusions...
My displays are all smaller, so far...

I use them mostly as places to focus my intent, which is why I call a lot of my smaller altar spaces 'shrines'... I guess they really are more like that. My primary altar space is where I store most of my tarot/oracle cards and any tools I'm using, where my crystals usually charge, and where I keep my crystal jewellery that I'm actively using. Sometimes I set up crystal grids there, too, or display sigils. Oddly, I don't use it for rituals...  

dorsal striatum

Interstellar Cosmonaut

7,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:54 pm
dorsal striatum
I'd love to share some photos of my altar spaces as they evolve. Can anyone suggest a good site for hosting my images? I'm pretty old school.. I don't use Instagram, for example.

Right now, I'm sort of going through a process of 'returning to myself', which means I'm also setting up something reminiscent to altar spaces around my home. I haven't really done this in years. I live with my fiance, and we have several places around our house where I'd love to have shrines, etc... these spaces are starting to evolve already. They'd have lots of different intent attributed to each unique display, and I'll be changing things up basically whenever I feel the need to do so.

SO -- on to the questions that were posted above (:

It does depend on the display and my reasons for creating it. But usually, yes, they do change fairly often.

I connect very strongly with crystals, and my altars and shrines usually are very dependent on them. If I'm going to change things, it's probably going to involve the crystals that I've chosen to display at any given time.

My primary altar is inside, but I intend to put one in our yard. We (my fiance and I) have already had talks about this, and I've begun collecting rocks with larger quartz inclusions...
My displays are all smaller, so far...

I use them mostly as places to focus my intent, which is why I call a lot of my smaller altar spaces 'shrines'... I guess they really are more like that. My primary altar space is where I store most of my tarot/oracle cards and any tools I'm using, where my crystals usually charge, and where I keep my crystal jewellery that I'm actively using. Sometimes I set up crystal grids there, too, or display sigils. Oddly, I don't use it for rituals...

You could try Photobucket. That was what we all used back in the day.  
The Pagan Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games