Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Pokemon Turns 20 What Do You think About the Series

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:06 am
Pokemon Fans Unite!!

As I announced recently the Pokemon series celebrated it's 20th Anniversary on February 27th. It joins other series like Sailor Moon that also turned 20 years old. What do you think about the series and do you collect any Pokemon items, Cosplayed a Character, or played any of the games. Tell us your story.

Even though the official Pokemon Series thread is on the "Anime Retro and Classic Series" Sub Forum I wanted to post this thread here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:21 pm
☯★

2O years and we still can't catch 'em all! LOL

★☯

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:35 am
Hello Everyone,

Today I bought the Vol 2 DVD of the Anime Pokemon XY series. I can't think of a better way to celebrate 20 years of Pokemon. Ash looks pretty good for being in his mid 30's. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:33 am
For the record: I hate the anime. Unpopular opinion, I know. But every episode seems almost the same to me.

That being said, I do love the games; I had the DS titles back in the day, currently own a copy of Y, and plan on getting either Sun or Moon once they drop(wouldn't it be funny if one of the starters was based on a rabbit? LOL Sailor Moon, because Usagi). I'd also like to grab either the Ruby or Sapphire remake.

Also, I named a Seaking after the meme. Because... well, you know. sweatdrop

Additional: I wanna pick up one of the GB titles from the eShop, but Earthbound. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:44 pm
I bought the pokemon red and blue new 3ds  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:52 am
OnsenMark
For the record: I hate the anime. Unpopular opinion, I know. But every episode seems almost the same to me.

That being said, I do love the games; I had the DS titles back in the day, currently own a copy of Y, and plan on getting either Sun or Moon once they drop(wouldn't it be funny if one of the starters was based on a rabbit? LOL Sailor Moon, because Usagi). I'd also like to grab either the Ruby or Sapphire remake.

Also, I named a Seaking after the meme. Because... well, you know. sweatdrop

Additional: I wanna pick up one of the GB titles from the eShop, but Earthbound. sweatdrop

Since the ongoing Main Pokemon series is rated TV-Y7 they tend to keep things simple which is why many of the episodes seem to be the same. Taken as a whole their is progression from season to season. I own some of the series but I prefer the Pokemon movies. Much more action and drama to them. As for the games they did a lot more development to appeal to a bigger audience.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers