[November ORP] Cold. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:06 pm
The intensity in Veslorurn's tone and eyes as he discussed skinwalkers caught Fuego up short. Amazingly enough, he'd yet to have even a brushing encounter with the skinwalkers; he'd never heard of them existing in the desert, and though he'd heard the term mentioned from time to time, he had just assumed skinwalkers to be something out of a fairy tale. However, either Veslorurn was overly imaginative...or there was some reality to that fairy tale.

Perhaps winter wasn't the worse thing to come out of the Kawani lands.

Fuego wasn't sure what to say in reponse to Veslorurn's terse commentary, and he looked from him to the pawed newcomer. He wasn't sure what Veslorurn saw in Kodama to fear, but now Fuego wanted to edge away, as well. Kye had come up and wiggled her way between Fuego and Veslorurn, and he felt rather vulnerable, being that close to not one, but four other Soquili with this new information hanging over head. Pawed Soquili with pelts on their back...

The pawed stallion wasn't saying much to help his cause, Fuego had to admit. Though Veslorurn had already said the pawed one was missing the pelt, it seemed to Fuego like it would be a smart move on Kodama's part to say something along the lines of 'no, I'm not a skinwalker, never have been, never will be...' or something along those lines. Instead, he simply scuttled around in silence, looking at each of them. Talk about eerie...

No, Fuego said to himself with a firm shake of his head. He was letting himself get weirded out based on the say-so of one stranger; how was that going to help him with his real problem, the onset of winter? If the pawed stallion was going to be a danger, then he'd already lost the element of surprise. So, either he was a stupid danger, or an overly cocky danger.

Yeah, there was nothing to worry about.

Taking a deep breath, Fuego shook off that brief burst of anxiety and looked sideways at Kye. "Well, being prepared is the point. I just don't really know where to sart. I mean, do you need a permanent place for the winter? I don't really have a permanent place, period, so that's a problem. Is there still any food available in winter? Or does it all...die?" That was what it had looked like last winter, but maybe he just hadn't known what to do.

((Hey guys! So, I'm going to be travelling out of state for the holiday, and I will most likely not have access to a computer. Consequently, I won't be able to repond again until Monday the 30h. So, for the long weekend I'm suspending the 'one post between my posts' rule; feel free to post as much as the spirit moves you, and thanks!))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 pm
With his attention on the pawed stallion, it surprised him when one of the mares joined his side. One eye watched the stallion as the other looked over the spooky mare. It was kind of pleasing the way she stuck beside him; almost like he was protecting her. Veslorurn silently chided himself. The mare likely didn't need anyone to protect her. Instead he smiled at her.

"That is quite alright. I'm glad if I make you feel more comfortable," he murmured back softly. Their hides were quite similar in theme, he realized. "I am Veslorurn." He nodded agreement when she said the snow would fall soon. The crimson stallion continued to keep a watchful eye on Kodama. He saw the nervous smile and nod of the pawed stallion. While still wary if baffled him why the other didn't speak up.

FrostyPeaches

AstoriaFallen

Lunadriel

magnadearel

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:50 am
User Image

It seemed to her that there was a great deal of confusion about many things for the stallion and she found that such things were completely understandable. She had to learn so much when her memory had left her and she was still learning and even now there was a great deal she didn't know or couldn't remember. She listened as Veslorurn spoke up about things that might want to kill you and shook her head as Fuego began to list off natural disasters. She was going to interject but Kodama appeared out of nowhere and collided into the group but narrowly missed hitting anyone.

She took a moment to gaze upon the pawed stallion and really didn't give him much mind. She had run into pawed soquili a couple of times and the only ones that really were to be feared were skinwalkers or cursedwalkers. Which he seemed to be neither. Her gaze turned towards Veslorurn as he mentioned Skinwalkers and then mentioned that they had pawed feet much like Kodama. "I agree that Skinwalkers are something to be feared but a Soquili with paws isn't something to worry too much about. I've met quite a few pawed Soquili's in my travelling as of late and they have all been quite accommodating." She said giving Kodama a reassuring smile to help convince the group that the pawed member, besides Kittredge, was of no harm.

"I fear that most of what is edible, unless your an omnivore, dies during the winter. But you can always gather or even move to parts of the lands that are without snow." She said in answer to Fuego's question about food. Amitola had made himself quite comfortable where he was under Astraea and was quite glad he was there because there seemed to be so much commotion so quickly that he feared, even despite his size, he might get stepped on. However, it all died down quickly and now it was back to bantering once more. "Many companions gather food for winter storage as do many of the two leggers." He said trying to offer the stallion some sort of comfort in the fact that there was going to be food out there. One just had to search for it.

She gazed over towards Kodama and noticed his silence and gave him a warm smile before speaking to him. "My name is Astraea and my companion here is Amitola, what is your name? If you don't mind me asking that is." She said to him hoping to spark a small bit of conversation from him. She wanted to help ease the tension she was feeling within the group at his sudden appearance.

WC: 448

magnadearel
sorta interacts

Cajmera
Interaction

Lunadriel
Interaction

Cajmera generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 10!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:56 am
So, since November is officially over, it's time to roll for that fabulous prize! That said, the rp will continue as long as there are interested people/until it reaches a natural end; thank you to everyone who participated!

The list:

Page one
1. Agneza
2. belloblossom
3. Infinities
4. Infinities
5. magnadearel
6. FrostyPeaches
7. AstoriaFallen
8. magnadearel
9. Infinities
10. cyhorse

Page two
11. FrostyPeaches
12. AstoriaFallen
13. magnadearel
14. Nisshou H
15. AstoriaFallen
16. magnadearel
17. FrostyPeaches
18. Lunadriel
19. magnadearel
20. FrostyPeaches
21. Lunadriel

Page three
22. magnadearel
23. AstoriaFallen

And to the victor go the spoils...  

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:00 am
And the winner for the month of November is cyhorse! Congratulations, as your prize, Gypsy Song will win a 10% stat bump to all of his stats!

cyhorse
Congrats!

Phail Ninja
An FYI for our awesome statmistress!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kodama didn't speak. The ailment was one of strong mental choice. After being scared as a young foal, he stopped speaking. The scar on his chest, a reminder of everything that happened to him. At this point, he might not know how to speak, even if he decided he wanted to. It didn't bother him most of the time, though he did feel bad for those that wished he did. His mom tended to put words in his mouth for him.

It seemed he was not easily accepted by some in this crowd, who acted like he might bite. Kodama pushed his lips together, unsure of what to do. When Astraea addressed him, he relaxed a little. She didn't seem as put off by his presence. He smirked at her and nodded. Astraea was a nice name. He then opened his mouth, and then clinked his teeth together as he shut it back, shaking his head at her. He shrugged and pawed at the snow. Kodama was his name, but it seemed none of them would know.

As he was standing around, the thick awkwardness blanketing the group, he heard the familiar sound of tiny flapping wings. The magpie had returned! Kodama scrunched up his face, and looked at him with annoyance. The wild bird landed right on Kodama's back. It stretched it's neck out and cawed at him, then folded his wings. Kodama puffed his cheeks at him, and scowled. Huffing, he reached over and nipped at the belly of the bird. It put a foot up and flapped it's wings. Kodama stopped and gave him a playful smirk. The bird, unharmed, cawed again, but did not startle or fly off. Instead, it hoped twice towards Kodama's tail end. It pecked at Kodama's tail, and called out again. Kodama nodded, and used one tail to wrap around his bird-friend. The magpie gave off a shiver, then nestled into his tail.

Such a weird site, to see a fox and a bird, as best friends. Some might confuse the bird as his lunch, but clearly there was something more there.

(Grats Cyhorse!)  

Lunadriel

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:43 am
User Image

She watched Kodama to see if he might answer her at all but from what she experienced so far from his actions he wasn't much for words. She watched him curiously as he attempted to answer her, however he remained silent and changed his mind it seemed. There was nothing wrong with that and she just gave him a warm smile in return. Her attention was then averted towards the magpie that was fluttering around the pawed stallion and it appeared to her that they were companions of sorts. She couldn't help but smile at them. She glanced skywards for a moment then glanced at Amitola. "Shall we get going before it gets dark?" He glanced at her and gave a nod. "I think that would be wise." He glanced over at Kodama and gave him a warm smile and a nod of his head and waited for Astraea to say goodbye to the group.

Astraea turned her attention to the conversing crowd and cleared her throat slightly. "It was a pleasure meeting all of you but Amitola and myself must be on our way now. Perhaps we will run into some of you again in the future. Do take care of yourselves." She said with a bow of her head and gave one last smile to Kodama as she turned and walked away from the group. Amitola followed close behind and the two of them walked away from the diverse crowd they had met and disappeared into the darkening forest.

WC: 251

Lunadriel

Grats Cyhorse!  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out