Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[Story/RP Contest] Tea At First Sight (Oct 12 @ 12pm EST)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 pm
User Image

Mer twin one and twin two by one over three! Stallion by Zaikt!

It was love at first sight. The mer mare had been drifting lazily in the water, dreaming about what it would be like to swim up in the sky. And that was when she saw it. A stallion! Colored like the sky itself and flying with such lovely little wings! She watched him land nearby, making himself rather cozy and begin fiddling with a pot and cup of sorts. Curious by what he was doing, she swam as close to shore as she could, trying not to disturb him.

But he spotted her anyways, when he came to get water for his strange pot. Surprised to see someone, he introduced himself and then answered all the questions she bombarded him with. Tea? What was that? You drank it? Was it sweet? Bitter? It could be both?! The mer mare spent hours talking with the stallion until night began to fall and she bid him good evening.

She was so intrigued and excited about everything she had learned. The mer mare went home to her twin sister, telling her everything. Her twin did not believe her until the two went up the next morning to meet the stallion again...

And that's where you come in! How does the story go from there? Do the twins fight over the stallion? Is he gone by the time they return? Maybe it's all about the tea and how they must find a way to get some more! It's all up to you to figure out where their story goes from here!

STARTS: Monday Oct 12 @ 12pm EST
ENDS: Monday Oct 19 @ 12pm EST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 pm
G A M E_______

This is an RP contest! You will finish the story started above on what the fate of the three soquili is to be! There is no set fate for them and if you win, they don't have to actually fall in love (if that is the direction your story goes)! Weave us a tale of sorrow, of love, or of some great adventure! Just remember to have fun while doing so!

R U L E S_______

1. Please be nice and courteous to all participants! Games are supposed to be fun.
  2. Obey all Shop and Site rules!
  3. This contest will be judged!
  4. For this contest, no collabs please! I want to see your own creative ideas for their story!
  5. This is NOT a concept contest, so don't feel pressured to figure out their personalities, etc. Just have fun writing a story about the three that you could potentially use as their backstory if you so choose!
  6. Remember, you can only win ONE pony and ONE familiar from this event! If you win one before this event ends, please make a post letting us know so you can be removed from the list!
  7. Please no Proxies on this one, sorry!
  8. No Mules (1000 or less posts). If you happen to be a legitimate newbie that falls under this, you may still participate. However we will be checking this closely.
  9. In order for your form to be counted, you must complete the entire form!
  10. You may edit your post up until the closing time, but be sure to make a note in red letting us know what you edited.
  11. Absolutely NO deleting posts.
  12. If you have any questions, please PM them to Kyrieko!
  13. HAVE FUN~~~!

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm
F O R M S_______

[align=center][size=20][color=lightblue][b]ONCE UPON A TIME UNDER THE SEA~[/b][/color][/size][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preference list:[/b] (Twin 1, Twin 2, Stallion)

[b]Entry:[/b] (There is no word limit on this, but please don't write us a massive novel!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:23 pm
ONCE UPON A TIME UNDER THE SEA~

Username: Epine de Rose
Preference list: Stallion, Reroll

Entry:
His herd hadn't been aware of the existence of this peculiar species, nor had he even heard about them in fables. Perhaps it was that he hadn't been around these parts for long, but the idea that there were ocean bound soquili had caused him a great shock. Unsurprisingly, the land-dweller had not wanted for conversation in the ocean-dwelling soquili's company, such had been the differences in their cultures that every little thing had been fascinating!

Alas, as night had fallen, it had seemed beneficial for both to return to their homes. For safety's sake, the stallion had elected to return simply because he might have died out here! Suffice to say that he barely new his way to the lake in daylight, let alone when he couldn't see a thing. However, as he had said his farewells he had promised to return in the morning to continue with their discussion... And return he did.

Much to his surprise, he was not greeted by one, but two faces, as he walked towards the water's edge. He recognised the first, but not the second... at least not initially. It was only when he drew closer that he noticed the second looked a lot like the first and concluded that perhaps they might be related.

"Good morning!" he announced with a winning smile as he regarded both mares. "It seems I have the company of not one, but two marvels, this morning?"

The first of the mer-mares giggled and nodded towards the second. "My sister," she confirmed, at which point the stallion gave a solemn bow of his head.

"A pleasure," he responded, to which the second mare offered a smile of her own. There was a pause of course and then he cleared his throat. He had remembered most of the conversation from the previous day and had even done his research.

"So, in response to your queries from yesterday," he began and took a breath. "We do indeed have teas that rely on lake and ocean ingredients," he continued and shook his head. "But they're regarded as extremely rare, according to the elders they are particularly potent when it comes to healing draughts," he explained.

"Our teas are for healing?" the first mare seemed confused by this, what ingredients could he possibly be referring to.

"Yes!" his tone was filled with enthusiasm and he motioned to the water with his hoof. "The elder mentioned uh... 'seaweed'," he continued. "It releases a special gel when boiled," he took a breath and tilted his head to the side. "But apparently it tastes horrible without a few added ingredients -" he paused and pulled a small, leaf bound pack into view. "I brought them though!" he announced proudly. "If we can find some seaweed then we can try to make it...?"

"Seaweed?" the second mare repeated thoughtfully.

"Yes ma'am!"

"Simple enough," she concluded, and with a dismissive wave of her tail she dove in to the lake to harvest the necessary ingredients.

"So, what do we do with the others, exactly?" the first mare ask and the male set the bag down, nudging it open to reveal the ingredients. What lay before him were a series of ingredients, including almond pieces, dried apple pieces and what appeared to be lemon oil of some description.

"Well first we take this water," he began and scooped up some from beside her. "And then we let it boil," he set it nearby in the sunlight, and then placed a shard of glass at an angle to point a very strong beam of light towards the base of the pot. "After it reaches the right temperature we put everything in," he finished and offered a wry smile.

Unsurprisingly, the mare was watching the teapot in fascination, even though it would take some time before it would begin to whistle!

The water was just beginning to heat up by the time the second mare returned, mouth filled to the brim with seaweed. In fact, it had reached such a perfect temperature that both stallion and mer-mare smiled in delight at her sister's return.

Thus, they placed all the ingredients in the teapot and waited, both mer-mares now fascinated by the teapot and watching diligently for the moment the steam began to rise from the spout. When it began to whistle they both released delighted gasps and waited expectantly for the stallion to continue with his brewing.

This was when the magic happened!

He punched a number of tiny holes in to the leaf bag he had brought with him, and with the assistance of both mares (holding the bag in both their mouths, he poured the now boiled content through it. The residual, larger chunks of ingredients were held back by the bag, leaving only the brown liquid in the cup.

All three inhaled the scent, and all three gave a soft 'oooh' at how it smelled.

"Ah, ladies first?" he offered with a winningly smile and each mare leaned forward to talk a gulp into their mouths, he then followed suit.

What followed next, was identical faces of horror and streams of tea spreading far and wide as all three spat out the contents in their mouths. How could something so sweet taste so foul?!

"Well," the first mare wheezed. "It's definitely a healing tea, all healing things taste dire," she said in a choked voice.

"I don't think I like tea..." the second concluded in a strained tone.

...The stallion was temporarily speechless, his face screwed up into a cringe as he was overwhelmed by bitterness.

"I am never, ever making that tea again," he groaned.

Epine de Rose

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:19 am
Small tweak to a couple lines in last section 10/17.

Username: Nisshou H
Preference list: Sky stallion, then reroll please

Entry:(I'm sorry! This got a little long! @___@)
It was like something out of the fairy stories his mother used to tell him and his sisters. He’d just been at the water’s edge making himself a cup of tea when a mermaid had swam up to him. Only this mermaid looked like more like him and less like the finny two-legger that had always been described. She was every bit as beautiful as the stories suggested, however, with her impossibly long flowing hair and her enchanting eyes. Just looking at her sent his heart aflutter. She was endlessly curious about what he was doing and he was more than willing to answer every little thing she asked and even let her try his tea.

Parting was sad but he stuck around in the hopes that his beautiful lake princess would return. He waited by the water’s edge and in the light of the morning he could see something coming out of the depths of the water. A familiar face appeared only something was different about it, the crinkle of her eyes had changed, her hair had been cut, and she gasped in shock when she saw him. Moments later a second head broke through the surface of the lake and it left the stallion in shock.

“T-twins!” He stammered looking back and forth between the two of them. They smiled at the same time, first at each other and then at him.

“Do you have any more tea?” The first asked tossing her long mane behind her as she swam closer to the end. “My sister would like to try it.”

Recovering from his initial surprise the stallion nodded his head and set about preparing more tea with his little tea set and the fire that he had borrowed from humans. It took a little time to prepare and while he worked the sisters chatted with each other in hushed tones. He could hear the first exclaim “I told you he was real” followed by the second promptly telling her to “shut your hole.” He chuckled to himself as he strained out the tea leaves leaving a freshly brewed cup before him.

“I’m afraid we have to share.” He said carefully nudging the cup a little closer to the second sister so that she could reach it from the water. Her nose wrinkled and she spat it out.

“This is not good!” She said shooting her sister a dirty look. “Traitor.” The first only laughed and nudged her sister away so that she could take a drink.

“You don’t have to drink it, I love it.” She said softly with a gentle smile.

“Me too.” The stallion agreed, his eyes focused on the drinking mare.

~*~~~***~~~*~

It became routine for the three of them to meet up for tea. While the stallion and the long haired twin enjoyed the drink her older sister played around in the water singing and telling jokes for the two on land. The stallion never noticed the way she always watched for his smile after she told a joke. Instead he focused on the stories that the younger twin told while drinking their tea sparing plenty of smiles and laughter for her. He was beginning to think that, if it was for her, he could live by the water’s edge forever.

His happy little dream was shot down the day that only the older twin swam up to him. Her smile was as bright as ever and her laugh was just as bubbly but he couldn’t quite manage to return them with the enthusiasm that he normally did.

“Where’s your sister?” He asked after making his greeting. The older twin swam over to the edge of the lake before dragging herself partway onto the beach to sit closer to the stallion.

“She’s getting her mane styled by some otters.” She answered casually flicking the end of her tail. “So she wanted me to tell you that she might be really late today. She’s picking out the style for the ceremony tomorrow.”

“Ceremony?” He didn’t like the sound of that and he was right not to. She had never said anything to him but the younger twin was going to get married to a mer mare from the far sea according to her sister.

“She would have told you but she didn’t want you to feel left out, missing the ceremony and all.” Seeing the pallor on the stallion’s face she gently slid herself back into the water. “You know… there’s a cove near where it’s being held. I could take you there and you could say something after the ceremony?”

The stallion thought about it for a time before finally accepting the older twin’s offer as his wings were too small to fly him anywhere. He packed up his tea set and at her word he climbed into the water and hooked his forelegs over her shoulders. She swam him down a long winding channel that lead out to sea and didn’t stop there. Night was falling before she finally came to a stop by a small island with a rocky cove. She took him right up to the edge and smiled at him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow!” She called as he set up his camp on the beach. He smiled back, albeit sadly. The mare he loved was to be wed but at least he could do the right thing as a friend and give her well wishes on the day of. It was with that thought that he drifted off to sleep.

~*~~~***~~~*~

In their aquatic home the older sister passed by the other with her hair freshly done up.

“Did you see him today?” The younger sister asked looking a bit panicked.

“No, I went up to the lake but he wasn’t there.” The older of the two said forcing a frown onto her lips. “I swam the whole thing but there was no sign of him. Maybe he went to get more tea?” She suggested with a smile knowing that this wasn't the truth.

The younger twin frowned but shrugged it off. “What a shame, after I went and got my hair done to impress him and everything.” She laughed as she swam away. “Oh well, he’ll surely be back by tomorrow. I can show him then.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Username: lux_rayne13
Preference list: Stallion *changed pref list, realized I don't have a muse for the Red twin outside of the twin-set, and I'd rather her go to someone who does~

Entry: Uh... might have gone overboard... sweatdrop
"This. Is so. EXCITING!" Cascada squealed, waving her hooves in front of her and managing to tangle them in her longer-than-should-be hair. "Eeeee-ehhh, dangit." She scowled, picked her hooves free, and then smiled sheepishly as her ruby-hoofed twin drew it all back for her. "Yes yes, you hopeless romantic. Save the excitement for if… what was his name again? If he actually shows." Cascata shook her own mane, happy that her twin had something to smile about but worried it might not last long. "Trevain, Cata. His name is ~Trevain~." Her voice took on a dreamy tone as she said it the second time, and Cascata laughed. "Trevain, right. Well… Let's meet him again first, huh? Then we'll squeal over ~Trevain~ later~" She couldn't help the mocking dreamy tone at her twin, and Cascada just rolled her eyes and grinned in return.

Upon reaching the surface, and the spot where Cascada and Trevain first met the previous day, the girls found it… empty. No one was there to greet them. "M-maybe we're just early…" Cascada nodded, though her chest got a little tight anyway. "Cada, breathe. I know you, you freak out too easily. He probably is on his way. Kay?" Cascada nodded, but had to turn around to face the water to keep herself calm… And ended up screaming out loud and ducking right back under the surface. "Wha-AHH HI!" Cascata turned to see what her twin had screamed at, and came face-to-face with a snickering stallion, held in the air by delicate looking wings. "You…" Cascata quickly scooped a mouthful of water and spat it in a stream at who she assumed was Trevain, right about the time Cascada popped back up to join them. "CATA!" The first twin scolded, but Trevain was laughing even harder now, his long forelock plastered over his face and dripping wet. Cascada couldn't help but grin, too, and my he sure looked good like that…

Trevain shook out his wet forelock and fluttered over to dry land. "I'm sorry, please forgive me, but I just couldn't help sneaking up on you!" He smiled at Cascada, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Though… I never imagined I'd be able to startle two of you!" He then grinned at Cascata, and picked up a hoof in a bow. "My name is Trevain, pleasure to meet you!"

Cascata was watching with amusement, as she quite enjoyed a bit of tom-foolery herself, but found her cheeks become slightly heated when he turned his bright eyes on her and… bowed??? A prankster and a gentleman… This was quite a rarity! Recovering quickly, she snickered and teased him with her thoughts. "My my, a prankster and a gentleman. Nice catch, sis!" She playfully nudged Cascada, who turned bright red and bit her lip. "Heehee~ I'm Cascata, with a 't', but you can call me Cat or Cata or… Pffft, 'Hey You' even if ya want~" She wasn't about to let on that this stallion made her feel a bit giggly, too. No wonder Cascada had been going on like a little girl all night…

"Catch?" Trevain grinned a bit shyly, looking first at Cascada and then at her ruby twin… The latter of the two receiving a slight blush as well. "I-I'm afraid you might have the wrong idea, we've only met once before, and that was just yesterday…" Did the first twin have a crush on him? It was certainly not his intention to cause that, as pretty of a thing as she was. Still, he did not wish to hurt her feelings, and so he cleared his throat and pulled a list from a pouch around his back leg. "So! I've got a few different kinds of tea's I'd love to share with you girls, if you'd be kind enough to help me find the rest of the items for them?"

Cascada couldn't help but feel a bit disheartened at the handsome stallion's denial, but she shook it off. If he wasn't going to woo her, she'd just woo him! How? By helping him find everything she could, of course! Quickly, she nudged in front of her sister to study the list. Oh… It was a bit long… She'd probably have to split it with her twin if she wanted to drink tea with him before the sun went down! "Sis, how about I find the first half, and you find the second?" Besides, it occurred to her she didn't want to leave the two of them alone. Cata may be more tom-boyish and not at all a lady, but… Still. She saw Trevain first.

The stallion noticed Cascada's shift in mood, and noticed how she placed herself before her twin as well. Yep, the girl liked him, that was certain… Ohhh boy, Trev, what have you gotten into? "It would certainly allow us to enjoy the tea faster if you girls split the list… Unfortunately for me, it's all underwater plants, so I can't help you myself…" Besides, if they split up, there was a chance Cata would come back first… Trevain had to admit, between the girls, Cata was the one he felt a little click towards. Cascada was sweet, but she seemed too… high strung for him. He had offered a meeting today thinking she would be a fun friend, and he certainly still did, but he had to admit that her twin caught his eye in a way she did not… This was most certainly something to be handled very, very delicately, and he mentally kicked himself for even entertaining such thoughts.

Cascata had simply raised a brow at her twins… ambition, but nodded in agreement at the list. "Sounds like a plan!" She quickly scanned the list, thankful her and her twin were great with memorizing, and smiled up at the stallion. "Cada and I know the waters like the back of our hooves, so see ya in a bit!" With a nod to her sister, the girls took off in separate directions to find the items Trevain needed. As Cata looked and gathered, she found her thoughts wandering. Ok, sooo… She'd never had a first-sight crush before. That was odd. What made it bad was that is was a first-sight crush on a stallion her sister -clearly- had a first-sight crush on, too. Still… She'd seen Cada go after the more playful type before, and it never worked well for her. She always tried to change them, mold them to be more sophisticated, and it always ended with her heartbroken. So… what should she do? Let Cada just do the same old song-and-dance again? Or try to stop yet another disaster? Being a twin was tough…

Cascada found herself growing more and more irritable with every item she found for Trevain. She saw the way he and her twin looked at each other. It wasn't fair! She found him first… And again, Cata wasn't a lady! She was! And Trevain was a gentleman, even if he did find scaring her half to death amusing… Cascada shook off the thought. He wasn't like the other 'children' she'd liked before. Trevain was different. …Right? The mare shook her head, found the last item, and began to make her way back to where she left her fluttering stallion… Only to see her sister had completed her part of the list first. Ooooooh, how dare she! Cascada watched as the two seemed to joke and laugh, and then she saw Cata splash water at /her/ Trevain. When Trevain reared and used both hooves to splash water back, Cascada felt like she was going to burst. How dare she! How dare Cata turn this perfect gentleman into a hooligan! The mare quickly surfaced, ready to holler out something, but as she opened her mouth a splash from her quick surfacing smacked her right in the face… As did the more obvious realization that such horse-play was not her thing. It had never been her thing… But she kept finding herself liking those who did enjoy just that… Taking a deep breath, she watched a little longer before calmly joining them for tea…

Trevain had to admit to himself, he was glad to see Cata first. She was spunky and playful, and he enjoyed that. For the first couple seconds, though, it was a little awkward… Until Cata said so bluntly, "You're cute." The stallion had nearly fallen over at that, but instead grinned and replied, "Oh yeah? Well, you're cute too. Shame your twin called dibs~" He winked at her teasingly. This, of course, started a playful banter back and fourth, until he said something that caused a wave of water to start at her ruby-red hooves and end over his entire head. "Oh-ho-ho, you done it now, missy!" Trevain reared up and planted his hooves back down in the water, causing an even bigger splash to wash over Cata. Her squeals and laughter made his heart flutter, and there was no way he could wipe the grin off his face if he tried. Yeah, he knew by liking one twin when the other liked him was playing with fire, even if they were both mer-mares, but… He couldn't help it. Cascata was a little firecracker and he simply adored her. Their enjoyment was cut short, though, by the return of the first twin… Until she smiled at them both, and said they looked way too cute together. Both Trevain and Cata looked at Cada in shock, until Cata kissed her sister on the cheek. Clearly, Trevain was missing something here, but when the entire mood became both fun and peaceful in a second he didn't think his knowledge of it mattered…

The three horses spent the rest of the day just hanging out, chatting, and getting to know each other over a variety of teas. Some were sweet, some were bitter, some… Some at least one of them never wanted to try again! When it was all over, Cada bid him farewell first, and disappeared under the water. "Will… I see you again, Miss Cata?" Trevain asked shyly. "Maaaaaybe~" Cata teased, winked, and slipped under the water as well. Trevain smirked… He'd be coming back to this spot every day, that was for sure.

wasluxy

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:20 am

Username: Bardess Ookami
Preference list: Stallion, twin two, twin One

Entry:

When the mer mares came to shore together, the first mare was sure her sister would be fascinated by this odd tea thing. What she had not counted on was her sister being fascinated more by the stallion. It had been quite the shock!

Unfortunately, seeing how her sister felt made her see the stallion more clearly, and she then wanted him as well.

The stallion watched the mares carefully, understanding the tension between them, though not knowing that he himself was the cause. Tea tended to be leaves, he less understood roots. But as he did understand tea, he excused himself, promising to be back soon.

He dashed off, and began gathering the herbs he needed, carefully. Catnip. Chamomile. Two kinds of mint. Lavender. He gathered the herbs into a perforated leaf, then brought it to steep in the warm water. He fetched over cups and begged from the sisters a boon.

"Tea," he informed them, "is about peace, and coming together and in harmony. Please, for my sake if for no other, put aside concerns long enough to sample the tea, and then we can discuss whatever it is that you wish."

The sisters were lulled slightly by the scent rising from the pot, and nodded, still eyeing one another warily. He poured the tea carefully into each cup and nosed them towards the mares. They all three drank.

The sisters found themselves calming, and even relaxing against each other.

"You have drugged us," one sister accused, her red spots flaring, though she could not rouse herself to true ire. She felt too good.

"No more than I have myself," he said, stretching out along the bank. "Tea is a special sort of magic, the right blend of the right teas can sooth or energize, excite or calm. There are those who say this world has no magic, I say that those who say that have never had a proper cuppa tea."

The sisters could not find any good argument against this, and as they did so enjoy the taste, they sipped more. The second twin yawned hugely, and bade them both fare thee well, too tired and feeling too good to wish to fight. She returned home to rest.

The first twin sipped her own drink for a little longer, hesitant to leave, afeared that he might leave and never return. When the stallion realized this was the case, he promised he would bring them tea again. Satisfied, she bade him good night and went to join her sister.

He roused himself to clean up, and then he departed quietly, for a rest someplace more to his comfort. And he kept his word. He came back regularly, to leave tea for the mares. While they eagerly received these small packets of magic, they were never quite swift enough to see him again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:12 am

Username: Rita Zyon
Preference list: Twin 1, stallion, pass

Entry:
She was so excited when she told her sister all about the stallion she had met above the surface. As soon as she got home she giddily relayed every story he had told her in great detail. Her sister was bemused by her sister's story, skeptical even. Had her sister and the stallion actually talked for hours? It was true she hadn't seen her sister since the early morning, but, was someone that exciting to capture her sister's attention for the majority of the day? She wondered what sort of stallion he really was. She had apprehensions about the land based soquili because they were unable to join them in the water for long periods of time. Her sister sounded quite smitten with this stallion already which greatly concerned her as she didn't want her twin to get hurt. Land and sea unfortunately didn't always mix well.

Thus, she agreed to go with her twin sister up to the surface the next morning to meet this aforementioned stallion. The entire swim was quiet on her part, but, chatty on her sister's part. Her sister continued to gush about this stallion, absolutely excited at the idea of introducing her sister to him. She wanted her sister's approval so much. Despite being the twin that was born first, her wavy-haired twin had always been more level-headed that many mistook her as the older one. She wondered if her stallion friend would like her sister? Oh she certainly hoped so! That way the three of them could hang out all of the time.

They reached the surface. She looked quickly around for the stallion, all across the land. But, he was nowhere to be found. She gulped nervously, glancing sidelong at her twin who was gazing at her with soulful eyes. No, he promised he would be here when she returned. He had been so sincere. No, she shook her head. He was a kind stallion, he would not lie to her. She hurried towards the land, her eyes glancing this way and then that way. Nothing. All she could find was the pot and cups he had used to have tea. "Sister..." She could her sister's voice behind her, but, she couldn't turn around. Why was he gone? Why? She felt the tears in her eyes and she sobbed. He had been so marvelous, she didn't understand why.

"Come. Let's go home. Then I can find you your favourite water plants to eat. How does that sound?" She was sad to see her twin in so much pain. This stallion had cajoled her sister with stories, filled her head with dreams, and then left without even saying goodbye. Although she had thought that this might be the end result, she had hoped for a better outcome. For her sister's sake. Her sister had a good heart and she trusted too easily. As she let her twin lean on her during their swim home, her thoughts continued to go to the stallion her twin had met. Who was he and what had been so special about him?

Meanwhile......the stallion slowly returned to his larger size with the small plants clasped in his mouth. It was so much easier to collect these specimens when he was smaller. They were wonderful additions to add to his tea and he wanted to make it extra special today for the mer he had met yesterday and her twin sister. He approached his pot and cups, preparing the tea with great care. As it steeped, he looked out to the sea. It was morning already, but, there was no sight yet of the mer twins. The tea finished and he waited and waited. No one came. No one would ever come.

Rita Zyon

Of The Epidemic

Dapper Phantom

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:50 am

Username: Of The Epidemic
Preference list: Stallion, Twin 2, Pass

Entry:

Aether hadn’t even planned on stopping by the river side; he’d had every intention of pushing farther. Yet something had caused him to stop and rest. What he hadn’t been expecting was to find a water horse here. He’d heard of the mers before, but he’d never seen one before. His experience with water had been limited honestly.

His time spent with the water mare had eaten up the rest of his daylight so he’d decided to settle down for the night. What he hadn’t been expecting was to find two faces peaking at him from the water the next morning. He awoke with a bit of a start causing the new mare, clearly a twin to the previous one, to jump slightly.

“Ah, I see you return this morning, and you bring a friend?” Aether said with a bright smile. He supposed it’d be alright if he didn’t instantly set out this morning. Though he did need to reach his destination within the fortnight it would be alright if he got a late start this day. After all it wasn’t often one got the chance to meet two lovely mares.

“I did! This is my twin, Nuying. She didn’t believe that I had met a sky painted stallion with a drink called tea.” Ehuang looked rather triumphantly at her sister who seemed truly bewildered by the sight before her. Nuying wasn’t one to venture near land very often, if at all. It was her twin that seemed more inclined to swim up the rivers and inspect those that dwelt above.

“Well I’m glad that I was still here then.” He said with a smile lifting up his tea pot to refill it and make them both a fresh cup of tea.

“Still here? Is there somewhere you were going?” Nuying asked curiously as she edged up onto the sand to inspect just what it was he was doing. She had seen the way her sister eyed the stallion. It was a terrible idea she knew, there was no way something like this could ever work.

“Ah, yes, I’m afraid. I’m on a mission you see, there is a soothsayer I seek. It is said he can see the past and the future. I was hoping he’d shed some light on the fate of my family.” Aether stated simply as he watched the tea pot thinking of all that he’d learned in this past months. He’d truly thought that his parents had been… well his parents. It had come as a bit of a shock to find that they had found him wandering around as a foal. He never blamed them of course, and he still loved them dearly but he wanted to know of what came before.

“Oh, are they lost perhaps?” Ehuang asked curiously as she pulled herself up onto the shore eyeing the tea thoughtfully. She missed the way her sister looked at her, pleading her not to ask such questions. Nuying could tell by the way he spoke that it was a tender topic. He was quiet for a long moment before turning and smiling.

“Perhaps. I don’t know just yet, that is why I seek the soothsayer.” He stated carefully turning back to his tea. Aether didn’t speak after that; instead he went about pouring the tea and nudging the cups towards the mers.

Nuying gave her sister a warning look, letting her know it was best to drop it. Ehuang blinked before she seemed to realize that she was treading dangerous water and let the subject matter drop. She instead focused on the tea which had been placed before her.

“Oh! It’s just as good as yesterdays!” She stated splashing with her tail slightly splattering Aether with water. The stallion laughed good naturedly before glancing over at the other twin who seemed hesitant to taste it. Nuying had leaned down to sniff at the cup slightly as if she wasn’t quite sure what she thought about this strange looking liquid.

“I promise it won’t hurt you.” Aether stated with a small smile which caused Nuying to flush.

“Okay.” She stated heaving a small sigh before she leaned down and drank some. Much to her surprise she found it quite a pleasant flavor. It was sweet and warm, reminding her of time spent with her family, namely her mother.

“It’s good!” She exclaimed her eyes drifting up to watch the stallion as he seemed to be watching the sun’s progression.

“I should get going.” His tone was soft as if he didn’t want to offend. Ehuang was about to say something, opening her mouth to undoubtedly whine but Nuying cut her off with a smile. She smacked her sister lightly with her tail under the water.

“That is fine Aether, we would dearly love it if you would come and visit us again someday. Make us some more tea; alas I don’t think it will be possible for us to make it where we live.” Nuying stated with a small smile earning herself a grin from Aether.

“I will. How about you two keep the cups until my return. That way you know for sure I will be coming back for them?” He stated with a bright tone as he slowly began packing up.

They chatted a bit more, Ehuang a bit of a pouty mess but trying to be lively before he left promising to return one day with new stories and different sorts of tea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 pm
I want to thank all of you for particpating in this contest! You're stories were wonderful to read and we wish we could give all of you a prize. So much potential for drama and awesome plots! However, I only have these three pretties to give away this time. So please help me congratulate our winners!

Congrats to Nisshou H, Rita Zyon, and Bardass Ookami!

Nisshou H
User Image
User Image User Image

Please post this boy in Zak's certing thread!

Rita Zyon
User Image

Please post this girl in Math's certing thread!

Bardess Ookami
User Image

Please post this girl in Math's certing thread!

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:50 am
Oh my god oh my god oh my god! Thank you so much! T___T *cuddles her boy*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:08 pm
Congrats, all! And yay! Thank you!  

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150