User ImageSeaki
Chozi was sick. He was miserable for it, but it wasn't contagious. Some days were better than others, though. It was the last effects of the drought that affected his body in an odd way.

He couldn't keep down food well, likely from not eating much during the duration of the land's illness. It often left him exhausted.

Today was a good day, though. He had energy to walk around - even beyond the borders of the pride.

Cajanic
Kibuluu'riro moved over the lands with a bounce in her step. Though she had been kicked out of her home, and only because of the color of her fur, she didn't seem to be in particularly poor spirits about it. Actually, she looked quite happy. No, she didn't enjoy her situation, but she attempted to look on the bright side of things with everything she did.

This was just something else to get by in order to get to a better place. Something great was waiting just beyond her trials, she just knew it. So why be unhappy?

She spotted what looked to be a very thin lion. Being a large lioness herself, the creature looked absolutely miniscule to her. Gasping, she quickly wandered over to investigate. "Hello my small friend! Are you alright?" She asked warmly.

Seaki
The cheeton's ears flicked towards an unfamiliar voice. He often ran into others as he was leaving the pride, but he still didn't expect it. "Hello," he greeted in turn. His voice was still a bit scratchy, if he was honest, but he sounded better than he had in awhile.

"I'm okay today," He told the newcomer with a smile. Now that the lands were once again a wetlands, it had become a place to pass through once again. Chozi was glad for it, he enjoyed meeting new folks.

"What brings you this way today?"

User ImageCajanic
"I'm just passing through," replied Kibuluu, "I don't have a home these days, so I've been exploring to see if any place suits me! What about you? It sounds like you've been feeling under the weather. Perhaps we should find a place to sit for a bit?" She frowned as she watched the small lion, concerned that he had said 'today' when responding to her. That meant he hadn't been okay on others days, right? Like yesterday, perhaps?

That bothered her a lot!

"Oh! My name is Kibuluu, by the way," she added with a bright smile, "it's nice to meet you."

Seaki
No home - that was always sad to Chozi. He loved exploring, but he had a home to return to. It was nice! He gave the lioness a smile anyhow. "I've been a little sick lately," he admitted. "Nothing contagious though!" He was quick to assure after a moment. No one else had gotten it, so it wasn't some sort of plague...

He gave her a smile, though. "I'd like to sit, if you don't mind..." Standing around took a lot of energy! Chozi only had so much of it to spare.

"Nice to meet you, too! My name is Chozi."

Cajanic
Kibuluu laughed when he made sure she knew that she wouldn't be getting sick from him. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me- I hear stupid animals never fall ill! And I don't claim to be the smartest around, so I think I'm going to be just fine even if you could pass it off to me." She chuckled at her own expense, though she did feel bad for him because he had been sick.

She hoped he would start to feel better soon.

She motioned for him to follow her, leading them both over to a spot with some shady trees- it was a good place to sit down and rest for a spell. Sitting herself down, she smiled at him once more. "So do you live around here, Brother Chozi?" She asked lightly.

Seaki
Chozi followed Kibubluu to the shade tree, settling down beneath it gladly. He wanted to conserve all the energy he could. "Oh, no, you're not stupid at all," Chozi frowned. Chozi wouldn't call anyone that! Chozi wouldn't be out and about if he thought he might give his sickness to anyone else though.

"I don't live very far," He told her. "Right where the wetlands starts, that's where I live." He gestured towards it. "But sometimes my family can become a bit overbearing, so I escaped out here." He told her as if it were a secret, like one of his sisters would pop out from behind a rock and drag him back to his den.

Cajanic
Kibuluu smiled at his comment. She thought he was very kind to tell her that she wasn't stupid, even though he hadn't known her very long! Though if he saw some of the messes she sometimes managed to get herself into, he might have said something a little different!

But she didn't mind- her mistakes made life more interesting!

"An overbearing family?" She chuckled lightly "That sounds like it could be a little crazy, but not terrible. I'm a little jealous! I wonder what my family is doing? They live in a pride where blue is not allowed, so I was sent away once I was old enough. I love them, though, and I know it wasn't their fault."

Seaki
Chozi had heard of prides that opposed certain colors. He gave a small frown at the thought of being kicked out because of his pelt color! Even Non-hybrids were given a place in the pride or allowed to leave if they were born in. He gave a small hum.

"Are you looking for a home then?" He wouldn't offer his own, though. Chozi wasn't much for taking slaves, and he already had three somehow! "Maybe you'll find your own overbearing family someday," he chuckled softly.

Cajanic
"A home? Maybe. Maybe not," she hummed thoughtfully, "I'm just... looking, I think. If I end up in a pride I like, then that's good, but if I end up with a nice den and living on my own, I think that's fine too. Whatever ends up making me the happiest, you know?"

She smiled at the thought. Some lions lived for prides, while others loved the rogue lands. She had been a part of both, and liked both. So it didn't really matter to her where she ended up, as long as it felt right inside.

"I wouldn't mind my own family! Though I think I would be the one bossing them around at this point!" She would probably have cubs at some point- then she would be the over-protective mother. It was a good thought.

Seaki
Chozi gave a nod, that made sense. Wherever he ended up. His mother was happy in the rogue lands last he knew, but he found his home in a pride. So that made sense to him! He chuckled. "Families are nice," He agreed. He didn't want to feel smothered though. It was nice to get away too.

"I should probably get back to them before they worry..." He told the lioness, standing as spoke. Perhaps he would see her again sometime... He didn't see many rogues pass through more than once, however. Either way, whatever the future decided to hold, they would see.

Cajanic
Kibuluu smiled. "They are!" She knew families were very important. Even if she hadn't had the best upbringing, she had loved her family and she had never felt like they had hated her for the color of her fur. She was sure they would have kept her if not for the beliefs of their pride. And she had been old enough to take care of herself when she left, too. That had been kind of them.

Still, it did suck to be tossed out, regardless of how gentle they tried to make it.

"Oh right! I didn't mean to keep you! I have some more land to cover before settling in for the night myself. It was nice meeting you, and good luck with your family!" She got herself to her feet and nodded goodbye to the male before heading off.