Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:37 am
AstoriaFallen

User Image

He was fairly certain that no one would grasp what he meant when he declared that he needed a 'drink'. It was such an obscure reference but he had grown accustomed to the fact, that through his travels, the concept of intoxicating fruit was a bit of a foreign one to certain regions. Nevertheless, after he had walked for so long and had more than one unsuccessful excursion, he was rather due a bit of respite.

With his limbs the way they were, he couldn't help but crave respite of the more numbing kind. Ah, but a 'drunk' leopard would have left themselves exposed to danger of course, and he wasn't so irresponsible, but it would have stopped his limbs from aching quite so much.

Mm, but such complaints could be reserved for when he settled and found his way back 'home' again...

For now, he merely flopped himself down against a decrepit bush and gave each limb and claw a stretch, flexing them once or twice for good measure. Unsurprisingly, a rather weary "urgh" soon escaped from his lips when it barely stemmed some of the aching.

He really needed to slow down and take it easy, no more cliff climbing in his near future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:56 pm
Epine de Rose

User Image

He had been sleeping but sleep wasn't something that would keep him long for someone was making an awful lot of ruckus. And to say he was asleep was probably an overstatement, he had really just been taking a nap.

But that nap was over now.

Lazily his eyes opened and he sat up and looked around. 'Who on earth?' His eyes focused and he blinked a couple of times and then spotted a leopard not to far away leaning against a dead bush. So that's who the culprit was. Not that it really annoyed him or anything, he just had been really enjoying his nap.

"Making yourself comfortable I see?" His voice held a bit of amusement, he tried to keep light of the fact he wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:59 pm
AstoriaFallen

It was testament to how weary he was given that he hadn't taken note of those who had been around him. On a better day he would have been all too aware that Areo was nearby, alas, today it seemed that all concept of personal safety had evaded him. Had Areo been a less than pleasant lion he could have seen himself shanked and left for dead, all things considered, it was a stark reminder as to why the leopard preferred to sleep in trees or on high, out of reach places.

Nevertheless his lilac gaze flicked towards the lion, clearly tired but not lacking in manners. He wasn't about to ignore the lion no matter how much he wanted to curl into a ball and knock out for the next six weeks. Food and water be damned, sleep sounded like the most wonderful thing in the entire world right now! Thus, no sooner had he made eye contact than he offered an apologetic half smile.

"As comfortable as one can when their limbs are incapable of moving more than an inch," he replied smoothly and cleared his throat. "My apologies for the disturbance, it appears I lack grace when faced with inoperable limbs," he confessed sheepishly. "Showing my age, as it were..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:20 am
Epine de Rose

While Areo wasn't that old he was feeling his age as well at times. Though today wasn't one of those days. "No worries, I completely understand." He offered to him sympathetically. "Rough day?"

"I don't mind sharing the space at all. It's fairly comfortable." He said staying where he was since he was pretty comfortable at the moment still. "Also, I won't bite."

In case the leopard had been at all concerned.

"Just looking for a place to rest?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm
"Very, very, very long day," Raja confirmed with a tired sigh.

He was certainly passed his prime by now but that didn't mean he was weak, all it meant was that he was going to have to make the younglings do the acrobatics for him. It was something he would probably need to consider in earnest given that an assistant was never a bad thing, he'd just have to make sure he had the right one...and more importantly, paced himself.

"But that's what you get for failing to rest properly," he pointed out. "It's all self inflicted, I really should know better," he said with a chuckle. With the invitation received, and confirmation that he was welcome, the pale leopard relaxed against the bush and settled himself properly. Areo was entitled to his rest and Raja had disturbed him, it was rude, and Raja had often prided himself of being courteous to others.

"My apologies, I'll ensure I'm much quieter if you wish to return to your nap. It wasn't my intention to disturb." He smiled. "You do however, blend in very well, if I dare say so..."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm
Epine de Rose

"Care to tell me about it?" He asked him with a small yawn as he was starting to wake up fully. Not that he wouldn't mind going back to sleep, it just seemed like he might need to vent just a little bit.

"THIS is a true statement, had I selected a more secluded location I'm sure I'd never be bothered." he laughed.

Shaking his head he waved his paw, "No, don't apologize. As you mentioned, I selected a poor spot to rest." giving a grin he looked around a moment and had to agree, he did blend in with the darkness despite his brighter shades.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:55 am
"The short of it?" Raja knew when an individual's curiosity was piqued and it was much easier for the leopard to placate this in some form than leave it be. That way, when they were eventually settled, then both of them could rest more easily. Besides, given he had woken the lion up, the least he could do was tell him a tale before he rested, one had to be cordial.

"I'm getting on in years and what seemed like a good idea, wasn't. I've rather forgotten that it takes a little more than just a minor spring in my step to get anywhere," he pointed out. He wasn't passed his prime, but he certainly wasn't the world's youngest leopard either. He'd seen a fair bit as well and while not scarred, there was some slight degradation.

"Tried to reach something I couldn't without assistance and almost threw my back out, met a pleasant hybrid though," he continued and smiled. "He gave me the leg up I needed and I got what I wanted," he chuckled. "Which I will fully abuse the moment I get to a more appropriate place to use the materials acquired," he finished.

"As you can see, all rather trivial," he mused and tilted his head to the side. "But on the plus side, at least I can enjoy the fruits of my labour once I get back."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:11 pm
Epine de Rose

"Whichever version is best for you. I'm not too picky about how one tell's me things."

He gave a wave of his paw and smiled at him. "You're quite alright, I shouldn't be lazing about too much anyway. Besides, you aren't THAT heavy." A hearty laugh escaped his lips as he gave a decent stretch.

He was quite impressed with the lengths of ingenuity that he showed. "That's all quite impressive, though I'm glad you didn't throw your back out before paw." Injuring one's back would be fatal to those alone out here. Let alone to a member of a pride. He shuddered at the thought.

"It is quite amazing the characters one meets out here in the rogue lands, I'm glad you were able to get some help."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 am
"There seems to be a lot more movement in these parts than I'm accustomed to," Raja mused. He'd bumped in to more strangers in these parts in the last few weeks than he'd ever done. There must have been something in the water, or the air, that had spurred a large portion of lions to wander in search of...something. He hadn't pried too much in the process, electing to observe the majority instead as they went on their great adventures.

Had they found what they were looking for?

"The season for travel apparently," he added with a wry smile as he gave another stretch and released a sigh. "Far be it for me to dissuade others from their wanderings, it's good for the soul on more occasions than not," he explained. He knew all too well, given his kind were more well known for their solitary lives, or at least the majority of his kind were known for it.

"Nevertheless, bustling as these lands might be at the moment you should at least take advantage of the sleep you are entitled to. When I've rested for a little while longer I'll take my own leave," he murmured. "I have places to be and old as I might be, it's best not to make them wait for me though they are a patient lot," he chuckled.

"I'll be sure to warn others to leave the slumber shadow be, lest you be woken again..."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:03 pm
Epine de Rose

His words rang true, traveling was good for the soul. "I couldn't agree with you more." Though he knew his traveling days would soon come to an end before long. Once he'd learned everything he could about the area's outside of his own pride he wouldn't have much else to look for. He could start looking at home and building a family for his mates, though it was tough for him since Mati had a tenancy to not know who he was. So he'd been waiting for a time in which she was lucid enough to remember him for more than a day.

"This is kind of you to offer, but I don't think I'll be hanging around too much longer." He'd been resting for a decent amount of time already. "I should probably get heading out soon as it is." Giving a look around he knew where he was heading off to next and it was really more of a good fortune that the male had woken him up.

"I wish you save travels wherever your paws take you." He could at least wish the male good tidings in the future.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 am
"You have my thanks," Raja replied to the black male, he personally would have slept longer if he'd had the option, but it seemed that nowadays the younger lot wanted to get everywhere so much more quickly than his generation did. Well, if that was to be the case, Raja would make sure to rest a little longer on the male's behalf... It wouldn't do Areo any favours, but it was the thought that counted, right?

For now though, he needed to move on, and he needed to do so quickly.

There were several places that he needed to be and some of them required his services sooner rather than later, though it was safe to assume that neither were life or death situations or he'd probably be moving in much the same fashion that Areo seemed inclined to do...

That in mind, he took his leave and left the black lion to his own devices.

AstoriaFallen
/fin!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces