Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Testing the Waters (Keani x Naida)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm
R4gn0r0k IV

User Image

Keani was on the beach again, now that he was older and sure that he could swim he began to spend more time down here. The adolescent male enjoyed the freedom that came with getting older although he did still share a den with his parents. Keani also loved the training that he was starting for his job. Like his grandfather he was going to be a nyangumi. He would guard the pride from any outside forces.

Today though was Keani's day off and he was determined to spend as much of it as possible in the sun. He had moved around the beach that was relatively quiet this time of day. He finally decided to settle laying with his front paws in the water, each gentle wave coming up and over his toes. He enjoyed the feeling and the sound of the waves was so soothing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:19 pm
User Image

Naida walked along the coast line, admiring the waves as they came in. The wet sand slipped between her toes as she walked. It had been too long since she had been near the ocean. In her youth, she spent most of her time at the ocean playing with the ocean creatures. Then she left to explore other areas. Her whole life she spent near the ocean. At the time she wasn't sure if she wanted to spend the rest of her life there though.

Breathing in the salty air, she knew that coming back was the right choice. While living inland, she had fun and got to see some amazing sights, even was able to start a small family, but she really belong near the sea. Being her felt like she had just been welcomed home.

While she walked, she saw a lion lying on the beach. He seemed to be at peace as he rested there. As she approached him, she stayed quiet, not wanting to disturb him. When she was on a couple paw lengths away, she stopped and laid down next to him, facing the ocean.

nessiaing
So I didn't really realize this until now, but there is quite a big age difference between the two of them! It escaped me that Naida has had a litter (it was during the blank slate MM where all the offspring were fully grown) Ceto was one of the offspring and now that he has had a litter, Naida is a grandmother!

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:50 am
R4gn0r0k IV
I am not bothered by an age gap if you aren't.. he has actually grown to an adult now. We can finish this rp and decide if you like, but on my end it's fine.

Keani heard the soft foot steps coming along the sand. He didn't move or turn his head, it wasn't that he was unfriendly it was more that he didn't want the other person to feel like they had to stop and talk to him. When he heard the other soul settle next to him he turned his head and saw a female beside him, she was the colour of the ocean before him but with a blond mane and tale, he smiled she was stunning.

"Hello there." Keani greeted the female, "It's a beautiful day isn't it?" he asked turning his head back to the water, the waves gently rolling up onto the sand. He watched as the tide slowly went out the water getting further and further from where he laid.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:40 pm
Naida looked at him and smiled. He had a very friendly voice, she thought. “It is. When I saw it was so wonderful, I just had to take a walk on the beach. I hope that I didn't disturb you by laying here.” She turned to watch the waves rolling in, feeling relaxed. “My name is Naida by the way.”

“This area reminds me of where I grew up. It brings up so many great memories.” She said. Her old home by now was most likely abandoned. The only ones in the area were her parents and she was sure they would have moved on. There was really no point in searching for it. What she was looking for was a place that was similar, but was filled with life.

“Do you live close to hear?” She asked curiously, looking back toward the lion.

nessiaing
I am a-ok with it! 3nodding

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:59 pm
R4gn0r0k IV

"No no, you did not disturb me at all." Keani told the female. "I enjoy company." he said his voice quiet. The adolescent male wasn't loud or boisterous like you would think her would be coming from a litter of six boys, but instead he was generally quite and thoughtful.

"I grew up in the pride here." Keani answered her question gesturing with his chin up the beach towards where the pride stood. "I've been here since the day I was born, can't imagine being anywhere else." he told her. He wondered if perhaps she was just a visiting rogue or if she too was a member of the pride. The pride was large and it was hard to keep track of all the members, particularly since the tsunami that happened before he was born. From what his parents had told him there was number of members who went missing in the storm and some where still just making their way home.

"Was where you grew up far from here?" he asked her, he was curious about the female who had settled beside him.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:13 pm
“This must have been a wonderful place to grow up. It's so calm and relaxing, plus I bet there is plenty of areas that is amazing to explore here.” Where she was from there were always fun little areas for the cubs to play. She couldn't imagine this area to be much different.

“Oh, I grew up far away in a small pride. There were only a few of us. When I left, most everyone had moved on with their lives.” She explained. “Most of my generation wanted to explore inland and see sights that we had only heard stories about. Of course after I spent so much time away from the ocean, I felt completely homesick.”

Naida let out a weak laugh. “It is just so wonderful to be back to the ocean after so much time,” She said. “If it isn't too much to ask, I was hoping your pride would let me stay her for a night or two?”

nessiaing

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:36 am
R4gn0r0k IV

"No no, you did not disturb me at all." Keani told the female. "I enjoy company." he said his voice quiet. The adolescent male wasn't loud or boisterous like you would think her would be coming from a litter of six boys, but instead he was generally quite and thoughtful.

"I grew up in the pride here." Keani answered her question gesturing with his chin up the beach towards where the pride stood. "I've been here since the day I was born, can't imagine being anywhere else." he told her. He wondered if perhaps she was just a visiting rogue or if she too was a member of the pride. The pride was large and it was hard to keep track of all the members, particularly since the tsunami that happened before he was born. From what his parents had told him there was number of members who went missing in the storm and some where still just making their way home.

"Was where you grew up far from here?" he asked her, he was curious about the female who had settled beside him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:35 pm
“My home was pretty far from here. I doubt that I could even find it after so much time has passed.” She replied with a laugh. Naida had always dreamed of finding her old pride and raising a family there, but she knew that there was a slim chance of that. There were so few pride members left when she departed, she was sure that if she did ever find the pride again, it would be completely deserted. At this point it was just better to find a new pride that was similar to her old one.

“Is your pride pretty big?” She asked curiously. “And is everyone pretty friendly?”

She didn't really want to be buggy, but he had made a good first impression on her. If the pride was just as welcoming as he had been, she was sure that she would want it to become her future home.

nessiaing

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:21 am
R4gn0r0k IV

Keani's chest puffed with pride as he thought about his home. "There is nothing bad I could say about it." he said a grin on his face. "We are a family driven pride, and we take care of each other." he had been blessed with a large family growing up and he knew that one day he wanted to have one of his own too.

"If you would like I can give you a bit of a tour around the pride?" he offered He figured getting a look of the pride could seal the deal for this travelling rogue. Not only did they have beaches, but cliffs and a jungle there was a lot to see and fall in love with. He looked at the female hope filling his eyes, he didn't know why but he knew that he wanted her to stick around.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:57 pm
The pride seemed absolutely perfect, she thought. A wonderful place to bring up a family. “I would love a tour, if it isn't too much trouble.” She said, beaming at him. He was such a generous lion. She would have to do something to return the favor. Perhaps find some pretty shells and rocks and make a necklace? That seemed like it would be appropriate, since they met on the beach.

“I am very excited to see everything your pride has to offer!” She wondered what the rest of the pride would look like as well as the personalities of the other pride members.  

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces