Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
What Are Your Top 10 Favourite Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:40 pm
What are your top ten favourite and/or least favourite animes that you have watched?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:39 am
Here is my Top Ten Favorite Anime's - Not in any Particular Order:

1. Sailor Moon
2. Pokemon
3. Soul Eater
4. Claymore
5, Yu-Gi-Oh!
6. Naruto
7. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
8. Full Metal Alchemist
9. Chobits
10, Fruits Basket

This was a hard list to come up with because I Love so many other Anime series!! smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:11 am
smithers456
Here is my Top Ten Favorite Anime's - Not in any Particular Order:

1. Sailor Moon
2. Pokemon
3. Soul Eater
4. Claymore
5, Yu-Gi-Oh!
6. Naruto
7. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
8. Full Metal Alchemist
9. Chobits
10, Fruits Basket

This was a hard list to come up with because I Love so many other Anime series!! smile

Soul Eater, Pokemon... and guess what, Ron!? I watched Fruits Basket! I LOVE IT <3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:49 pm
No real order here!

1. Soul Eater
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Puella Madoka Magica
4. Sailor Moon
5. Inuyasha (My first <3 )
6. Chobits
7. KNK
6. Lucky Star
8. Deadman Wonderland
9. Future Diary
10: Clannad  

himewaifu

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 am
himewaifu
No real order here!

1. Soul Eater
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Puella Madoka Magica
4. Sailor Moon
5. Inuyasha (My first <3 )
6. Chobits
7. KNK
6. Lucky Star
8. Deadman Wonderland
9. Future Diary
10: Clannad

Nice List. smile Half of the series on your list is the same as mine. Please check out the "Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion" Sub Forum. Some of your favorite series have official threads for them. Feel free to post in them, especially the Sailor Moon thread. In the Sailor Moon Thread you can read about how big a fan I'm of the Sailor Moon series. Then you can let everyone know how big a Sailor Moon fan you are!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:06 pm
1. Full Metal Alchemist | For the stories of how alchemy would change the world really, it's interesting.
2. Death Note | Something I've actually considered. What if I did get to pick who lived. So it was cool to see an anime about it, and one done so well and tied into Japanese folklore too. The play between L and Light was the coolest. For me the series ended when L died, but I appreciated the school he was raised at being shown to have more products than just himself.
3. Psycho-Pass | Probably my favourite ongoing series at the moment. I like the mental health care citizens can have in their world due to hue scanners. I'm also studying psyc' so I guess I've a vested interest in this sort of story. My new Psyc' teacher actually would have an even clearer hue than the female lead, she is the strangest character herself. Sometimes unnerving to be around just due to how chilled she seems to be about the world.
4. Ghost In The Shell | I have always liked the original movie, and I enjoyed the second movie for different reasons. But the new series (Arise: Alternate Architecture) is really well done. For me, it pays the proper respects to the original story while stepping on it's own enough to feel fresh, a difficult feat.
5. Tokyo ESP | One of the more light-hearted anime in my list. I just like it for being a Japanese x-men basically, without the organisation of a school. It's a free-for-all power-fuelled dog-fight.
6. Terror In Resonance | Probably the only anime (or show in general) I've seen to show a story with terrorists as the centre of the plot, and the story is told from their point of view. I think there's a similar idea of a school for the gifted like in Death Note, but they're all that bored with the world upon release that they run amok, unless I'm missing something. Unfortunately we never see how they were raised there so much, but we see some of the others that they come into conflict with.
7. Fruits Basket | On the surface pretty light-hearted, maybe even boring for some. Unless you happen to connect with the female lead, which I do, exactly. One of the few anime' that attempts comedy that I haven't thought was stupid.
8. Akira | Just like it for being really over-the-top. Also the soundtrack used to give me nightmares as a kid but I really like the mood it sets now. I'm really interested in Akira being something like Genova is to Sephiroth in Final Fantasy, but I have only watched the anime, not read any manga, so I wouldn't know if they delve into that.
9. We Without Wings | Took me a couple goes to get it, but really interesting. I thought the 'you're just delusional' ending was a bit of a cop-out, but the majority of the series kept me happy.
10. Ergo Proxy | Just started watching this and liking it. Vibes kinda like a slower version of Ghost In The Shell less focused on the action and more so on the detective side of things. Keeping in mind I've only watched one episode so far but I'll be finishing it over the nest few days.  

Felkyr

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:30 pm
I love a lot of Anime, but these are the series I can watch over and over again and never get bored with them. I love them the most! biggrin

1.Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2.Bleach
3.Cardcaptor Sakura
4.Puella Magi Madoka Magica
5.Another
6.Digimon Seasons 1-4
7.Cromartie High School
8.Mushi-Shi
9.Ghost Stories (English dub)
10.Shiki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 am
Bermese
I love a lot of Anime, but these are the series I can watch over and over again and never get bored with them. I love them the most! biggrin

2.Bleach
3.Cardcaptor Sakura
5.Another
6.Digimon Seasons 1-4
7.Cromartie High School
8.Mushi-Shi
10.Shiki

Out of your list the series that I like the most is Full Metal Alchemist. smile Al & Ed are the best!! I've been wanting to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica for a long time now. It's strange to be a big fan of a show that I haven't seen yet. I may go the cheaper route and buy the Manga first. What do you like the most Puella Magi Madoka Magica on Manga or Anime?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:49 pm
smithers456
Bermese

2.Bleach
3.Cardcaptor Sakura
5.Another
6.Digimon Seasons 1-4
7.Cromartie High School
8.Mushi-Shi
10.Shiki

Out of your list the series that I like the most is Full Metal Alchemist. smile Al & Ed are the best!! I've been wanting to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica for a long time now. It's strange to be a big fan of a show that I haven't seen yet. I may go the cheaper route and buy the Manga first. What do you like the most Puella Magi Madoka Magica on Manga or Anime?

It used to be on Netflix, not sure if it's still there since I bought the standard dvds of the series. The LE's were just way too expensive. Oh! I also have the manga.
As for which to check out first I would say the Anime, but you'll get the same story with the manga, but it doesn't have nearly as much in the visual department. Some of the witch lairs are pretty crazy. Ah! And you need the Anime for the music too! The opening is so catchy and there are (3?) different ending songs. Now I want to re-watch Puella! whee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 am
Bermese
smithers456
Bermese

2.Bleach
3.Cardcaptor Sakura
5.Another
6.Digimon Seasons 1-4
7.Cromartie High School
8.Mushi-Shi
10.Shiki

It used to be on Netflix, not sure if it's still there since I bought the standard dvds of the series. The LE's were just way too expensive. Oh! I also have the manga.
As for which to check out first I would say the Anime, but you'll get the same story with the manga, but it doesn't have nearly as much in the visual department. Some of the witch lairs are pretty crazy. Ah! And you need the Anime for the music too! The opening is so catchy and there are (3?) different ending songs. Now I want to re-watch Puella! whee

I've been looking for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Anime series at cons for a while now. I can buy it online but to me it's more exciting to find it and buy it at a con. A while ago I started a Puella Magi Madoka Magica Official series thread on the Anime Retro and Classic Series Sub Forum on the Guild. Check it out. On the thread is one of the Cosplay photos that I took of a Madoka Kaname Cosplayer, Feel free to post a comment on the thread.I find a Madoka Cosplayer at every con. I'm sure that you will like the photo. Also I happen to have all of the Gaia Online Madoka Magica Companions. Take a guess at who is with my Avi right now.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:00 pm
smithers456
Bermese
smithers456
Bermese

2.Bleach
3.Cardcaptor Sakura
5.Another
6.Digimon Seasons 1-4
7.Cromartie High School
8.Mushi-Shi
10.Shiki

I've been looking for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Anime series at cons for a while now. I can buy it online but to me it's more exciting to find it and buy it at a con. A while ago I started a Puella Magi Madoka Magica Official series thread on the Anime Retro and Classic Series Sub Forum on the Guild. Check it out. On the thread is one of the Cosplay photos that I took of a Madoka Kaname Cosplayer, Feel free to post a comment on the thread.I find a Madoka Cosplayer at every con. I'm sure that you will like the photo. Also I happen to have all of the Gaia Online Madoka Magica Companions. Take a guess at who is with my Avi right now.

Oh! Good luck finding it at a con. 3nodding Maybe if Aniplex is one of the booths there you'll have better luck. I'll have to check out the subforum, and see what's going on there.

Ah, you've got Mami Tomoe as you pal. Mami is actually my favorite character (followed closely by Madoka)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:17 pm
No particular order but here are mine ^^

Hunter x Hunter (2011)
D.Gray-man
Durarara
Steins;Gate
No Game No Life
Ergo Proxy
Certain Magical Index
Magi: Labyrinth/Kingdom of Magic
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (2012)
Fate/Zero

I love more but I think these I special love for (just started Jojo franchise but so far loving it)  

ZeAwesomeSerinah

Lonely Gatekeeper

8,150 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Trader 100

Cute Apple Pie-chan

Friendly Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:18 am
1. Fullmetal Alchemist
2. Dragon Ball + Z
3. Ayashi no Ceres
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Serial Experiments Lain
6. Juuni Kokuki
7. X
8. Witch Hunter Robin
9. Wolf's Rain
10. hack://SIGN  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 pm
Felkyr

6. Terror In Resonance | Probably the only anime (or show in general) I've seen to show a story with terrorists as the centre of the plot, and the story is told from their point of view. I think there's a similar idea of a school for the gifted like in Death Note, but they're all that bored with the world upon release that they run amok, unless I'm missing something. Unfortunately we never see how they were raised there so much, but we see some of the others that they come into conflict with.

I'm glad to see someone else is heard of that anime.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm
Bermese

2.Bleach
3.Cardcaptor Sakura
5.Another
6.Digimon Seasons 1-4
7.Cromartie High School
8.Mushi-Shi
10.Shiki

Have you gotten a chance to watch the new Digimon stuff?  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff