Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Love & Other Diseases (Metea & Chimvi'noga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:09 am
User Image

Chimvi'noga ached. Today, like many days, it felt like his body was giving up, slowly breaking down around him while he still resided in it. He had done the rounds this morning, handing out salves and healing solutions to many of the pride, most of which were only really pain-relievers, as the issue itself would likely never be resolved. Chimvi had accepted that he would never be cured, and at least he had the skills to make others lives as comfortable as possible.

He was walking slowly back to his den where he kept his own concoction that would dull the pain rippling through his own body. He felt ancient, his eyes lidded as he stumbled towards the den.

He was starting to wonder whether his time would be up soon. It was a morbid thought, but it was one that Chimvi thought often. He liked to think of himself as realistic, but he knew the term was likely 'pessimistic' instead. He gave a wear sigh as he entered the den area, his pace slow and unsteady.

Nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:30 pm
User Image
Metea was bright eyed and bushy tailed. The adolescent female had began her training as a nanny. Not that it required all that much training really. Metea was a natural born mother. When she was just a mere cub she had watched over her brothers and tried to make sure they were happy. Metea's mother had left her and her three bothers to be here in this pride with their father. Unfortunately their father wasn't really around all that much either. As a immune member he frequently went out and got many of the things the pride needed.

As Metea made her way around she kept her eyes adverted. While she was great with the cubs, particularly the ones that had lost parents to the disease she wasn't all that great with those who were sick. She so far seemed to be immune she was lucky, but she knew that her fate could change at any time and it was hard for her to see what she might look like when that happened.

So today she kept her head down as she made her way back to the den she shared with her family, she was off for the next little while. Unfortunately in her earnest to not see what was around her she was also not watching where she was going.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Chimvi'noga was so focused on his den not far from where he walked that he didn't notice the adolescent walking, her head down and similarly not paying attention to where she was going. There was nothing good that could come from the inattention of two people, except for the collision that would occur.

Chimvi spotted her at the last second, his eyes going wide as he stumbled, unable to stop his momentum as he barreled into her, taking her to the ground with him, though he had enough forethought to try and angle his body so that he would take the brunt of the fall, not her. He didn't want to crush the stranger.

He groaned in pain as he laid on the ground.

Nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:02 pm
Metea didn't see the lion, even once they collided she hadn't realized what happened to the movement stopped. She found herself atop a cream coloured man. When she heard the noise of pain escape his lips she was quick to scramble off him. "Oh I am sorry I am so sorry. I wasn't watching I didn't see you." she was talking fast, she felt so embarrassed at her own clumsiness and inobservance.

She stopped talking and just looked at the cream male she had run right into. He was gorgeous. She blinked a few times trying to make sure she wasn't seeing things, but no this male was amazing! She felt her face flush when she realized that just moments ago she was on top of him.

"I uh ... are you okay?" she asked turning her eyes up towards him again. She knew that she was stuttering. She was so embarrassed.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 am

He was infinitely grateful when the female climbed off of him, and he gave a soft wheeze as he tried to regain his breath. Man, he was not as young as he used to be, he groaned to himself, though he wasn't old by any stretch of the imagination, he just felt ancient. He barely heard what she was saying, trying to focus on getting his breathing back under control and stop the pain shaking through his body from hitting the ground.

After a moment, he focused on the female before him, his blue-grey eyes locking in on her. "You should be more careful," he said, his voice rather cold. "There are sick people around here. I don't want to have to treat even more patients because you keep knocking them over and break already fragile bones."

He would be far more threatening if he was not still laying on the ground, wheezing slightly.

Nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:44 pm
Metea tried to bite back the tears that she felt welling up in her eyes. She really did need to get a tougher skin, she was always around those that were sick and dying but she had never managed to get use to it. She cared to much about others.

"I am so sorry." she said in barely a whisper. "Here let me help you up." she moved towards him and she had a very gentle touch from handling cubs so often. She noticed his labour breathing and she began to realize that he was one of those that were sick, yet he mentioned healing others.

"You are a very giving soul." she said to him gently. "You give to others even when you aren't well." Despite not liking seeing others sick or dying she couldn't help but feel such gratitude towards the lion who was doing everything he could to help others... perhaps she should be doing more.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm
He could barely hear her whispers over his ragged breath, and he flinched as she moved towards him. Her paw was gently though, and he allowed her to assist him in rising to his paws. He was taller than her, though his posture was slightly stooped out of exhaustion. He blinked at her slowly, her words sinking in eventually.

His voice was rasping, the energy it took to rise to his paws, even with her help, was more than he had to give at that moment. “We’re all dying,” he said, his voice harsh. “Some are just dying quicker than others.” He started to move towards his den once again, but his front paw gave out under him, and he almost fell once again. He hissed in pain as he stumbled.

Metea tried to move fast when she saw the male stumble again, "Here let me help you I insist." se told him with a kind but firm voice. She suspected that despite his illness he was a proud lion. She moved closer again slipping up beside him so that he could most of his weight on her. She was smaller than him but she hadn't been overtaken by the illness she still had her strength.

"My name is Metea." she told him trying to turn the talk to something other than the illness that was so obviously crippling him. "Which was is your den?" she asked

Chimvi wanted to shove her away from him, but he could barely summon the energy to shift a feather at this point, and his body unconsciously slumped against her once she was by his side. He groaned softly as he felt some of the pressure on his bones ease at her support. He didn’t want her help, but it seemed his body needed it.

“There,” he rasped, motioning with his head towards the den about thirty-feet away from them. He had been so close to his den when he had run into her; so close to sleep. He panted lightly, before adding. “Chimvi.” He tried to steady his breathing. “Chimvi’noga.”

"Well Chimvi its nice to meet you. Maybe next time I will come by and see you without running directly into you. Metea liked the male, he was a good looking lion and even his grumpy attitude didn't bother her, she figured he had stuff to be grumpy about.

"Here we are." she said approaching his den with him. She stood just outside the door not willing to enter his space without an invite. "I'm here for you any time you need Chimvi." she told him. For the first time in her rather short life she wasn't trying to divert her eyes from the sick, quite the opposite she wanted to see more of Chimvi.

"Well Chimvi its nice to meet you. Maybe next time I will come by and see you without running directly into you. Metea liked the male, he was a good looking lion and even his grumpy attitude didn't bother her, she figured he had stuff to be grumpy about.

"Here we are." she said approaching his den with him. She stood just outside the door not willing to enter his space without an invite. "I'm here for you any time you need Chimvi." she told him. For the first time in her rather short life she wasn't trying to divert her eyes from the sick, quite the opposite she wanted to see more of Chimvi.

Chimvi was not one for pleasantries, but the relief he felt as he finally reached his den extended his rather poor manners. “Thank you,” he rasped as he stumbled the last few steps into his den. He collapsed almost immediately on the pile of furs he had collected over the years. His eyes slid closed, and he felt his body going limp almost immediately.

It was not a graceful sprawl, it was the sprawl of a male who was too tired to exist at that very moment. Still, his eyes opened slightly, watching Metea’s figure in the doorway to his den, before a sigh crossed his lips and they slid closed in exhausted sleep.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games