Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Fruits Basket Series Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 pm
Fruits Basket is one of my all time favorite Anime series. The Anime series is based on the best selling Manga series by Natsuki Takaya. One of the Quotes that I come across on the actual DVD box is that Fruits Basket is "A Fairytale for the Rejected." When I saw this on the back of the DVD box for the Anime I read the rest of the box out of curiosity. It became an instant buy for me. smile

Another Quote: "Fruits Basket is a Heartwarming story about good friends turning tragedy into triumph. This must-see series features a perfect blend of lovable characters and unique humor that that makes it a true fan favorite."

It's been told that Fruits Basket is just for girls. I feel that its a really nice series for everyone. At different times in your life their are obstacles to get through or over. At the beginning of the series the Main character, Tohru Honda, loses her Mother and becomes homeless. She could of lived at a relatives house but she did not want to be a burden for anyone.

Here is a brief description of the series (Again from the back of the DVD box):
"The Sohma family may look normal, but they've got a curse they've kept hidden for generations. Whenever a member of the clan is hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they turn into an animal from the Chinese Zodiac! They've found ways to maintain ordinary lives, and all is well until young Tohru Honda falls on hard luck and stumbles upon the truth. To keep the peace, she must find a way fit into this unusual household. But above all, she must promise to never reveal their secret-or her most cherished memories could be lost forever."

Throughout the series Tohru does her best to do household chores to earn her keep to stay at the Sohma family home. At one point she falls in Love with one of the Sohma boys in the family. Their is a lot of comedy in this series and you can't help falling in Love with the characters. One of the things that I like about the series is accepting and respecting people for who they are. Tohru is so cute and Lovable you can't help falling in Love with her and sympathize with her situation. I would recommend anyone to watch this series either online or through the DVD's. Also if you can find the Manga of the series that would work out nicely as well. Google or Yahoo the series name or check it out through Wikipedia to find out more. I can post what it says in Wikipedia but I feel that this series is worth looking up for yourself and check it out.

If you have already seen the series or read the Manga please post your impressions about the series and let us know what your favorite character is and why. I'm also fascinated about the fact that they make use of the Chinese Zodiac. I'm not aware of any other series that does this to this extent.

Above I mentioned my impressions about the series. Tohru Honda is my favorite character. She does everything that she can to fit in and help out the Sohma brothers. I do my best to help out others and to respect others. Tohru Honda does this and more. Also she is so cute and adorable. So check this series out if you haven't done so in the past and if you are a fan of this older series know that I'm also a big fan of the series as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 am
Fruits Basket is definitely on my To Watch List!

It sounds so interesting and with the description you gave, it makes me every more interested in it!

I will have to keep you posted once I start watching it!

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:50 pm
Fruits Basket has a special place in my heart. It was one of the first mangas I read and my boyfriend and I cosplayed as Kyo and Tohru for our first couple cosplay almost two years ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:58 pm
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
Fruits Basket has a special place in my heart. It was one of the first mangas I read and my boyfriend and I cosplayed as Kyo and Tohru for our first couple cosplay almost two years ago.

It looks like I found a fan of this wonderful series. If you have photos of your Kyo and Tohru Couple cosplay. Please post it on this thread. I would Love to see them. I have been to many conventions and I have yet to see Fruits Basket cosplayers to take photos of. The series is also very special to me as well. What do you like most about it?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:20 am
I've heard from many people and friends of mine that the series was very good, and two of my friends own the entirety of the manga series as well vuv
Yet still, I have yet to watch it aha. Definitely on my list as well- I'll get to it one day vuv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:59 am
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

It looks like I found a fan of this wonderful series. If you have photos of your Kyo and Tohru Couple cosplay. Please post it on this thread. I would Love to see them. I have been to many conventions and I have yet to see Fruits Basket cosplayers to take photos of. The series is also very special to me as well. What do you like most about it?

I will definitely post a picture when I have my laptop again. The year we went as Tohru and Kyo we happened to run into a girl cosplaying as Yuki but we couldn't get a picture with her because her shirt had ripped. What I love most is that Tohru reminds me so much of myself. I'm quite the clutz in fact I had a sprained wrist when I cosplayed her. My friends are my everything and I try to see the good in everyone.  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:28 pm
smithers456

Here it is. Sorry it's so blurry, we only had my friends phone to take a pic:
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:03 pm
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456

User Image

Hi, the photo looks fine and both of you are cute. smile Thanks for sharing.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:09 pm
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456

User Image

Hi, the photo looks fine and both of you are cute. smile Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I would love to do it again but my boyfriend grew an epic beard and I don't want him to shave it xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:24 pm
Oooohhhh this is one of my all time favorites! So many times a day I reference the anime to myself. I was so happy with the ending to the manga as well. Made my heart very happy. ^-^
My favorite episode though, will always be, when Kisa put too much soap in the washer and Kyo is pissed, but Shigure doesn't really mind, and when Kyo says something to him about it, Shigure puts the angry emotion on his head and ask Kyo if that's better. xd That's how I feel about life sometimes. Not worth getting mad over but if it helps I'll just put the angry emoji on my head and pretend. Haha.
Definitely one I highly suggest as a must watch!  

Jfb879

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:57 am
Jfb879
Oooohhhh this is one of my all time favorites! So many times a day I reference the anime to myself. I was so happy with the ending to the manga as well. Made my heart very happy. ^-^
My favorite episode though, will always be, when Kisa put too much soap in the washer and Kyo is pissed, but Shigure doesn't really mind, and when Kyo says something to him about it, Shigure puts the angry emotion on his head and ask Kyo if that's better. xd That's how I feel about life sometimes. Not worth getting mad over but if it helps I'll just put the angry emoji on my head and pretend. Haha.

I own the series and wanted to start this thread. I'm a big fan and that episode that you mention is one of my favorite ones as well. One of the bigger themes in the series is about respecting people no matter who or what they are. I apply that to real life. Isn't Tohru Honda one of the cutest and most adorable characters in all of Anime and Manga. smile My niece told me about the ending of the Manga series. Some day I will get to read it for myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm
smithers456
Jfb879

I own the series and wanted to start this thread. I'm a big fan and that episode that you mention is one of my favorite ones as well. One of the bigger themes in the series is about respecting people no matter who or what they are. I apply that to real life. Isn't Tohru Honda one of the cutest and most adorable characters in all of Anime and Manga. smile My niece told me about the ending of the Manga series. Some day I will get to read it for myself.

As you should. It answers all the questions you have at the end of the anime. At least all the questions I had. ^-^ I would definitely have to agree, Tohru is one of the cutest characters. She has a great soul in the anime/manga world. People should be more like here in real life. Especially for the accepting of others for who they are. Talking about this makes me want to re-watch the series. Which is fine since I've seen it quite a few times and always love watching it again.  

Jfb879

Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff