[PRP Tale] Confessions and Kinfas [Volle || Niabi]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:06 pm
The alkidike trio had traveled through Jauhur to Tale, avoiding Neued so that Vollerei didn't have to deal with Obans. Not that she wasn't sure she could stay her weapon, but mostly because she didn't want Neska to have to face the people who'd killed her real mothers.

During this time Vollerei wrestled with her feelings, tried to come to a decision on whether or not to change the way things were. She enjoyed having friends; friends were fun... but she wanted to go to the next step up with Niabi; that she was sure of. But would Niabi want to? Vollerei was nervous about ruining thier friendship... Nothing ventured, nothing gained, she thought with a sigh as she made sure the area about the camp was safe.

Perhaps I should approach Niabi today, she wondered as she headed into camp. It'll be less .... awkward if I don't have an audience, right? And since Neska's staying behind for the actual hunting... Though trying to have a conversation when they were supposed to be focusing on hunting and trapping a baby kinfa didn't sound too bright either. She sighed as she entered the camp. Why were feelings so hard? She had no problem charging into battle, but telling Niabi she care for her made her nervous! Stupid nerves....

kaname423
here ya go!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 pm
Niabi had been fiddling with things the entire time they had made camp. They were supposed to be going out to get a kinfa for Neska, and she loved helping, but she couldn't shake the distractions from her head. Ever since the festival in Jauhar she had been watching Vollerei differently.

She was too meek to even consider opening her mouth and confessing her feelings, but she was starting to feel like Vollerei knew she was holding something back... and it was making things feel very strained. What if Vollerei just saw her as a friend? What if she was imagining the flirting, or what if Vollerei treated all her friends like that? The thoughts had her distant the past day, knowing something was coming to a head. Something would have to change soon, or Niabi was worried that Vollerei would opt to leave her behind next time, and she wouldn't travel with the Alk and her daughter again.

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:06 am
kaname423

She entered and watched Niabi fiddle with the camp items before walking over. I wonder what she's thinking? Vollerei knew that Niabi was thinking something. She knew and had felt that same preoccupied expressions and actions herself... I wonder if she's wanting to return to Chibale? Vollerei felt a twinge at that; she didn't want Niabi to leave!

"Hey Niabi... camp's safe for a while, I didn't see or hear any predators about... you ready to try and go hunting a Kinfa today?" She put on a smile, burying her nerves for the moment through sheer will power.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:52 pm
Her fingers stopped fiddling when she heard Vollerei's voice. She turned to look at her, still crouched down and smiled to her before straightening up again. She looked distracted, like Niabi herself was, and she couldn't help but be nervous, the seed in her head now that Vollerei might not want her here.

When she brought up the kinfas Niabi took a second to register. That was why they were down here after all. She nodded her head. "Yes, I think it's a good time. Neska will be happy to have one of her own finally, don't you think?"

Since they started this journey it was about all she would talk about, Niabi was sure she would be ecstatic to see one of her own.

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:20 pm
kaname423
I feel so bad...

Vollerei chuckled; "Yep! She might even raise her voice for once." She said dryly; her adopted daughter tended to be much more reserved and quiet than her. "We cna leave now if you are ready,"

"I saw a nest in some nearby trees we can check out first.. but sounds further in this forest make me think there's more nearby." She said conversationally as she rolled thoughts around in her head. Niabi was looking rather fiddly, like she had thoughts unspoken poking at her too.

"You enjoying being off the islands?" She asked; feeling awkward for the first time in years.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:59 am
Niabi pulled at one of her dreads. "By now you know I just follow your lead." She said with a small laugh. Their first hunt together had been much the same. Niabi was inexperienced then, and they had been on the hunt for food and not a pet, but she had listened to Vollerei and tried to do what she thought was best, which Niabi didn't need to figure out that it was usually the easiest way to get things done. Vollerei had a knack for finding what they were looking for.

Vollerei's question had caught Niabi off guard. Enjoying herself? She couldn't help but wonder why Vollerei would ask something like that. Her insecurities were the first to speak up. "Oh... are you not?" She was more than a little worried that Vollerei wasn't liking being around Niabi. Maybe she felt Niabi was useless, maybe she just didn't like that Niabi was so shy. She could tell that Vollerei wasn't at ease like she usually was. "I... I like being out here with you, but..." She trailed off. How did she say 'but if you rather I leave' when she most definitely did not want that question to be confirmed?

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:27 pm
kaname423

"Hm?" Vollerei looked at Niabi quizzically. "I love wandering about! Travelings very especially since I finally have people to travel with and share this world." And a few other reasons....

"But.. you aren't enjoying it out here?" Her antennae drooped a little. Was she just dragging the quieter woman along and not noticing signals that Niabi didn't want to be here? "I enjoyed traveling with you." She said softly as she kept walking towards the nest. Once they were nearer she would be silent.. but they were far enough out the Kinfa shouldn't hear them yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:46 am
Niabi felt like she was holding her breath, waiting for Vollerei to answer.

When the answer finally came, she felt her antennae perk. Vollerei did like traveling with her then? But then she had to wonder what was making her so strange today. Was it something else? "No no! I... I am enjoying it!" She squeaked out, waving her hands in front of her in affirmation. But then she hesitated. "You just... you seem a little strange today?" She didn't know how to put it. It just seemed like the whole conversation was on edge. Like there was something Vollerei wasn't saying. But it wasn't like Niabi was being so chatty either. There was just so much on her mind, and a lot of it she didn't know how to really express, not without being completely embarrassed and worried to death of the result.

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:18 pm
kaname423

Vollerei's untorn antenna twitched. She was acting strange? She chuckled; "I have a lot of thoughts on my mind.. not sure how to go about somethings that have been ... distracting me lately." She wasn't used to being so nervous about things at all!

"I'm glad you've enjoyed traveling... If you want to I usually travel about. Only stayed in Chibale for so long for Neska but she's not needing my constant attentin now. Would be better without me so she can grow up in fact... but if you wanted to we could visit other places some day?" She asked hesitantly, small steps. Figure out if Niabi wouldn't mind other journeys; if she didn't want to than that'd be a pretty big indication in Volelrei's mind that perhaps it was best to be friends and sit on her feelings.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Niabi listened to what Vollerei had to say before mulling over what that meant. She was distracted... Niabi couldn't help but wonder what about, her brain working hard to go through all of the possible scenarios of how the conversation would turn if she even asked. Would it be better if she didn't say anything? If she just let things be as they were... But at the same time she knew she would be worrying, wracking her brain until she knew.

Vollerei mentioned maybe more trips, going out to other places and Niabi felt herself flush between excited and nervous. Would she want to travel more? She had always wanted to when she was younger, her want to travel getting her as far as Zena once before she had to go back. But then with the whole mess with the bug mages, and then the war almost directly afterward... she had tried to stay home on Chibale where it was safe. Where she wouldn't be targeted. But Vollerei was capable, she was strong and determined and Niabi was almost sure that if she was with her that nothing bad could happen. She chewed on her lip before she could answer finally. "I think I would like to travel more. I always said I wanted to when I was younger... I think more traveling would be good for me... as long as you don't mind me tagging along that is." She still felt unsure, but she couldn't help pressing her luck. "What... ahh... what has you... distracted?" She slowly prodded, the words fighting to come out of her mouth.

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 am
kaname423
forgive my slowness OTL

"I would l- enjoy having your company when I travel!" She replaced the word love with enjoy quickly as she tried to reassure Niabi that she was always welcome when Vollerei went traveling. "I traveled mostly when I was younger, then war came and I adopted Neska and I stopped traveling as much... Always wanted to go out and taste all the foods of every land... never did get further than a little bit into Suati." Traveling with a partner would be vastly more comfortable than by herself! Food always tasted better when eating with others.

Vollerei was quiet for a while when Niabi asked why she was distracted. To lie or waffle about or... Just do it. Just say it and get it over with and stop being such a little girl about her feelings!

"Mostly because of you." She said softly eyes looking elsewhere before she stopped and looked directly at Niabi. "I have not had much experience with feelings other than gluttony, anger, or happiness. Simple feelings really. I had one failed relationship and that was because I just.. didn't fall in love with her... but..this time... This time feels different; special. You make me happy, nervous, and very protective. Things I haven't felt for others before." She smiled wryly. "I've been thinking on it: do I say something, try to be more than friends... or keep things as they are and still be your friend. Would you even want someone like me? if I say something would that make you leave?"

She took a deep breath and shook her head with a chuckle. "Not how I was thinking of confessing! All jumbled up and sudden like...but there you go. I want to be more than just friends with you Niabi. You are a brave sweet woman and I love you. You're shy and quiet and that's cute... but you are also willing to learn and try and I love that. I want to be with you but if you want to be just friends.. I can deal with it."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:57 pm
The words came tumbling out of Vollerei's mouth and Niabi felt her body react before her brain could even catch up. She felt like all of her was tingling, and she felt very giddy - almost light headed. Was she really hearing what she thought she was hearing?

She had wanted it to be true, had wanted her own feelings returned, and now it was out in the open. She stammered at first, not really sure what to say or how to handle the sudden shift in her world. She grinned, wider than she could have remembered doing in such a long time. "I - I was hoping you would say that." She felt very bare in front of Vollerei now, like she couldn't hide anything from her right now. "It's... been on my mind for a while now too. I..." The words caught in her mouth for a moment, she hadn't used them before, had never said them out loud. "I love you, Vollerei... and everything about you. And I love your daughter. I don't want to be just friends. I want to be with you wherever that would take us." The words came easier. It was like unplugging a dam, it just poured out from her at this point.

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:57 pm
kaname423
Vollerei felt her stomach tighten with nerves. It was out there... now to hope that Niabi returned her feelings or at least didn't shoot her down too badly....

Her relief when Niabi's stammered words finally came was almost palpable. She wasn't rejected! And her feelings were returned! Thank you Aisha, she thought silently.
"I--" She said then stopped and grinned before sweeping Niabi up into a strong hug and spinning around happily. "Its like a weights gone." She said as she set Niabi down again. "So nervous and too many thoughts as we were traveling on our way here! Don't really now how to make a relationship work... but with you I think I can." She smiled and gently cupped the other alkidike's cheek in one of her hands.

"Should of been less nervous and confessed sooner." She said with a soft chuckle.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 am
Niabi felt herself get swept up into a tight hug and her feet left the ground. She felt so happy and light hearted at this point that she felt like if Vollerei let go she would just keep floating upward.

Her toes touched ground first, and with Vollerei gently letting go of her waist she felt herself get heavier until she was supporting herself again. Vollerei cupped one hand against her cheek and she raised her own to hold it to her. Vollerei's hand felt warm to the touch and it sent a tingling heat spreading from wherever her fingers made contact. "I think you should have..." She trailed off.

It was a good feeling to finally have it all out in the open and the air cleared. It felt even better knowing that Vollerei hadn't been acting weird because of anything Niabi might have messed up on.

robot kitten

kaname423
Crew

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas