[PRP] Slithery Snakes (Shoidan x Brasa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 pm
User Image It was a beautiful day for snake hunting. At least, that's what Brasa had decided that morning. In truth it was just a normal day in the Firekin lands - hot, hazy, and bright - but to her it was the best day ever to go sniffing around for slithery friends. There were poisonous ones out there, of course, but she wasn't afraid! She was a young cub with a whole world to explore and dangerous snakes weren't on her radar.

She crawled through the sand, pausing from time to time to shake her head free of the grains that would blow into her fur. So far her hunt was going rather poorly. Snakes knew better than to stay in the areas where there were lots of lions. Unfortunately Brasa wasn't aware of that yet. She wasn't allowed to stray too far from the den as she had opened her eyes just a few days ago, but man! It was really hard to stay close! She wanted to see what was out there!

...well. Unless it was scary. Then she wanted to be able to run home to mom really quickly too. So maybe not being allowed to go too far wasn't a bad thing.

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:36 am
User Image
Shoidan saw Brasa sneak off earlier while he had been napping in the sun, and that just wasn't okay. He saw himself as the protector of the litter, and her slinking off without him he obviously needed to remedy. Personally, he thought Brasa was a bit too curious for her own good. Being too curious and adventurous was how cubs got hurt, and although he knew any girl in his family was as strong as any other boy in the pride, that didn't stop him from worrying about her. So, naturally, he snuck off after her, as silently as he could manage.

After watching her from a distance, Shoidan had to stifle a laugh. It seemed Brasa was hunting, but he wasn't quite sure what it was she was after. That wasn't what made him laugh, however. It was the way she was crawling through the sand, all serious-like, on the prowl that he couldn't help but grin. Deciding to join her, he stalked closely behind her, mimicking his favorite funny-looking hunting position, lowering his chest to the ground while letting his rear end hang high in the air, tail twitching. Shoidan continued grinning as he wiggled his butt, throwing his body into a pounce aimed at Brasa's tail fluff. "Got you!" He shouted mid-air, hoping to surprise her.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:26 pm
Brasa was so intent on finding snakes that she didn't hear her brother sneak up behind her, so when he pounced and shouted she shrieked and tumbled head over paws. She landed on her back and looked up at the darker cub, pupils dilated and tiny claws out until she saw who it was.

"Shoooooooooooooooo," she groaned, rolling to her belly. "You scared me so bad! That wasn't nice!" Her heart was pounding and that fight or flight response was making her want to run to mom, but she couldn't show her fear to her brother. He was super protective of all of his siblings and if he knew she'd been really scared he'd probably follow her everywhere! She loved him a lot, just as she did all her family, but she didn't want a second shadow...especially one that could sneak up on her like that.

"I thought you were sleeping," she added, giving him a shifty glance. Obviously she needed to practice her own sneaking off skills. Shoidan was far superior in that aspect.

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:30 pm
While Brasa shrieked out, Shoidan landed from his pounce, rolling onto his back, belly shaking with laughs. "Of course it wasn't nice, Brasa!" He rolled his eyes, the exact same shade of purple as his sister's, and glanced over at her. "But neither was not inviting me to come... hunt? Or whatever it is you were doing out here, I really couldn't tell." He grinned at her as he rolled over onto his belly, tail flicking about hyperactively. It was strange, one part of his body always had to be moving. Hopefully that disappeared as her aged a bit, or else he knew it'd grow to get extremely annoying.

"Oh, when am I ever actually asleep, Brasa?" He hopped up onto his paws and padded over to her, nudging her side. "C'mon, show me what it is you were hunting. If you're bringing anything home, I want in." Although he seemed to be a quick learner where fighting was concerned, for some reason when he attempted to hunt he never could quite get a clean kill. He'd tried with the small animals bouncing around the pride that never really mattered, such as mice, but it always ended up so messy. Shoidan couldn't imagine trying to take down a larger animal without any kind of shame. Seeing as Brasa was electively hunting while the rest of her siblings dozed off, he could assume that she already had a knack for it. He nudged her once more for dramatic effect and then waited to see what she had in store for him.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:01 am
Brasa stuck her tongue out at her brother as she got to her feet, shaking the sand out of her fur again. A quick paw over her head let the last of the tiny grains loose and she shivered just a little. Mom probably wouldn't be too happy getting mouthfuls of sand every time she ran her tongue over her to groom her later. Oh well.

"Snakes!" she replied once Shoidan asked what she was hunting. "I mean. That's what I'm looking for. I haven't found any sign of them yet though, just a bunch of paw tracks. No snake tracks." Letting out a little sigh, Brasa turned to look in the direction she had been heading in when Shoidan had scared her.

"But maybe with four eyes and two noses and four ears we can find some faster," she said with a little grin. Now that her heart rate had returned to normal and she wasn't still scared from the pounce her enthusiasm for the hunt had returned.

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:13 pm
Shoidan continued laughing at Brasa's reactions to his mischief. Of all his siblings, he was pretty certain she was the most fun to mess with. He wasn't quite sure why, but he was sure he'd figure that out soon enough.

At Brasa's response, Shoidan's face grew a little skeptical. With his poor hunting skills and the speed of a snake, this sounded like something he could surely look silly doing. But after what Brasa just went through, it would be entirely unfair if he were a skilled hunter as well as a master prankster. Right? "Aren't snake tracks just... lines?" He asked, tilting his head. Padding forward a bit, following his sister, he stuck out a tiny claw and started drawing little squiggles in the sand. Shoidan then looked up, noticing he was getting left behind, and jumped after her.

"Yeah, together we'll be twice the hunters we are by ourselves!" The male stopped and puffed out his meager chest, attempting to look heroic and manly - something he didn't quite pull off. At least, not just yet.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:44 pm
Brasa gave a little 'mhm!' in answer to her brother's question. Squiggly lines was exactly what they were looking for. It was hard to determine what was a snake track and what was just a funny way the sand had been blown, though. So far all the 'tracks' she had followed lead to a dead end. Lame.

"Yeah! And with two of us, we can confuse it so it's like whoa, which one of these lions is going to pounce on me?" she said, pitching her voice lower and dragging out her 's's. She flicked her tongue out at her brother a few times, imitating the animal they were hunting, before laughing.

"Hey! Maybe if we can't find one, I can just pretend to be a snake and you can 'hunt' me. And then when you find me you can be the snake and I can 'hunt' you," she said eagerly. It was commonly called hide and seek, but in hide and seek you didn't pretend to be a snake. Therefore her game was so much better than the one they normally played.

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:39 am
Occasionally Shoidan forgot what a comic his sister was. But he never forgot for long, considering how often she enjoyed reminding him with her variety of antics. Imitating a snake, she was altering her voice, eventually flicking her tongue out like the animal would. Shoidan burst out laughing at his sister, tail twitching playfully. Brasa was a silly one.

However silly she was, she was also really smart. Shoidan's eyes shined, nodding enthusiastically. This was why he loved his family so; they were such a fantastic, brilliant bunch. "Yeah! And with their puny little eyes they'll be so confused," he said, grinning conspiratorially. At her suggestion of an altered game of tag, he rolled his eyes. Shoidan wanted to hunt, not play around. But he'd settle if he had to.

Scanning his eyes across the sand, he squinted, focusing extra hard. Suddenly, lilac eyes widened immensely. "Brasa! Brasa I think I found one!" He pounced forward a bit, staring at the strange squiggly line. "Now, where's the snake that made it?" Once again he lifted his gaze and looked around, attempting to locate the culprit.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:23 pm
The smaller cub snickered softly at the thought of snakes and their tiny stupid eyes. How could they even see with such little things? It was silly! She nodded in agreement, though, and followed after her brother with her nose to the ground. They were going to find a snake, dang it!

No sooner had she thought that than Shoidan sounded the alarm. Brasa quickly scooted after him to catch up and sniffed the line in the sand. Oh yeah, that was a snake trail all right. Smelled scale-y.

"Uh....hm." She looked both ways down the track, no snake in sight and no indication of the way it was traveling. "Well...maybe we should both go one way. And if we find it we can run back, or call out of we're not too far yet. The wind hasn't blown the trail away so it can't be too far," she said, a determined look on her face.

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:29 am
Shoidan glanced at Brasa for direction, not having to wait long. He nodded enthusiastically at the idea. ‘Everyone in my family is so smart,’ he thought to himself with great pride. Although the Firekin was full of wonderful, brilliant, fierce families, Shoidan would defend with his life the idea that his was, paws-down, the best. “That’s a great idea, Brasa!” Grinning, he twirled around and stuck his nose to the ground, quickly bringing it back up after taking a great whiff. “I’ll take this way!

He strode forward, nose to the ground, eyes forward, in search of the squiggly little snake. Suddenly, he spotted a windy tail squirming forward, slithering quickly. Not wanting to alert Brasa, he crouched down and pounced as quietly as he could, swearing his paws landed directly over the baby snake. However, when he opened up his paws, they were empty. Shoidan glanced forward and saw the snake continuing to more forward without a care in the world. He huffed, defeated, and called out, “Brasa, I found one!

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:46 pm
Brasa wasn't having any luck on her end. She kept her nose to the ground but her brother called out eventually, which had her turn and head back the way she had come.

"Whoaaaaaa, it's so small!" she said as she watched it slither along, leaving behind its little trail. "I thought it was gonna be HUGE!" She watched it for a while, tilting her head this way and that. It was cute how it moved, but it really didn't seem to care that it had two much larger creatures watching it.

"...it's kinda boring," she said, the disappointment obvious in her voice. "I thought it was gonna be all hissing and wiggly and stuff. This one's just kinda...meh."

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm
Looking over towards his sister, Shoidan burst out laughing at the sad look upon her face. Her words even sounded deflated. "You're hunting baby snakes!" He said, pointing out the obvious. "What in the gods' names did you expect?" Scooting over, he shoved Brasa playfully.

Glancing around, he flopped down his paws and rested his head upon them. "There isn't much else we can do, now. I'm not sure I could take on any bigger..." Shoidan chuckled, "prey." He looked over at Brasa, a mixture of pride and jealousy overwhelming him. On one paw, had the snake been too big, he thought it might have frightened even him off, and he was envious of Brasa for wanting something much bigger. But on the other, he found himself admiring his sister, enjoying the fact that he had someone so courageous in his life. Glancing over at her, he sighed. "What now?"

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:08 pm
Brasa watched her brother flop onto the ground as the snake continued on. They had found it at least, so that was good, but now was the time for bigger and better things. She 'hmm'd softly for a moment before pouncing forward, pressing her paws against Shiodan's rump.

"You're it, that's what now!" she said with a laugh, pushing her brother as she turned to run away. "Can't catch me, Shio, I'm fast as lightning!" Really, she wasn't that fast, but with the head start she had her brother would have to put on some serious speed to catch up.

Ruler of Everything
Last from me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:29 pm
Shoidan had not expected the pounce to come from his moments-before-contemplative sister, but honestly, he should have. "Hey!" He shouted, laughing. Although his laughter halted rather quickly when Brasa strode quickly away, his chuckled turning into a playful frown. "Oh yeah?! Well, I'm..." Shoidan stumbled over his words as he got up to bound after her. "I'm fast as two lightnings!" Shaking his head at himself Shoidan knew he sounded silly, but he couldn't help it that she had caught him off-guard! But that's how she always was, Brasa. And that's why he loved her so.

SilverLutz
This is a terrible post but I wanted to wrap this up finally. xD Quoted just to let you know it's officially over~

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces