User Image
nessiaing: Moswen was light on his feet today. The pale hyena had finally stopped worrying abotu the two faced hyena that he had met just a little while ago. It wasn't easy but Moswen had realized that he really couldn't live the rest of his life fearing what could be.

Wit that in mind Moswen was heading towards a watering hole. He knew that it would be crowded but that was okay. He didn't need to fear groups. It was shtrange for the pale hyena to act in such a way, Mowen had always been such a carefree male and now he felt as though he was scared of everything.

hibi: Uziwa was rolling around in the water at the edge of the watering hole. Her coat was full of dust and dirt, and she hated that feelng. She missed the days where she was constantly kept clean by her two-legged family. But those days were long gone, and even the pack she once had was no more. Now she was alone save for her one child who tagged along with her just to be annoying most of the time. She still loved her, even though she was more hyena than Uziwa ever would be, but they still were worlds apart. And she was still kind of annoying.

"Clean, clean, feeling clean," Uziwa chanted to herself as she shook herself violently to get the res tof the water and dirt out of her sky colored coat. "Clean, clean, but not mean."

nessiaing: As Moswen approached the water he noticed another hyena by the water's edge. He approached cautiously. He wanted to get to know more hyena's but the last time I hadn't gone so well. He gave his head a shake though he had promised himself that that wasn't going to hold him back anymore.

He approached with a smile on his face, determined to make this go well. "I think you missed a spot." he joked as she chanted her mantra about being clean.

hibi: Uziwa's ears perked up at the voice of another creature near her and she turned herself to him, braced in a position that was ready to run if need be. It was another hyena, and a male one at that. She relaxed a little. She knew by experience males were far less aggressive than other females she had encountered, and eve on the off chance she met aggressive males, all she needed to do was fake that she would fight them and they seemed to scamper away quickly. She learned that trick from her old pack.

"I missed a spot?" Uziwa asked, looking around her as best she could, and actualy circling at least once to try and see farther than she can normally, "Where did I miss? If you let the dirt stay, it just attracts more dirt."

nessiaing: Moswen breathed a sigh of relief the female seemed to be friendly. Of course the two faced hyena seemed friendly at first but then she started talking to herself and then she turned nasty. It was like a dream or rather a nightmare. He knew that the female clearly wasn't right in the head but it didn't help him any with the trama he had dealt with.

He let out a laugh when he watched the female do a circle trying to spot where he had missed. "You can't see it, its on the back of your neck. Here bend down I will help you get it." he told her as he step into the water.

hibi: Uziwa watched him for a moment before trying to get the dirt spot herself, but quickly discovered that she definitely couldn't reach the spot in question and grumbled a bit. She preferred to do things herself, but reluctantly she bent down to let the male help her.

"You are too nice," Uziwa stated, glancing up at him with slight suspicion, "Were you raised by the two-legs too? Or are you just defective like I am?"

Most people thought Uziwa defective because she was clearly not the standard female hyena. In fact, the father of her first litter and first love, Kepo, thought she was simply all wrong all over. No bark, no bite, couldn't hunt very well, didn't fight either. She was everything he didn't want, but for some reason he tried to make her into the things she liked, and she went along with it because she liked him so. Now look at her, hounded by one of their offspring and all alone. He was dumb, and she was dumb back then too.

nessiaing: Moswen quickly splashed water up onto the females neck and gave it a gentrle scub with his paw. "There you go" he said as he steped back, "Yes yes you are all clean now." he said with a grin. He felt good about being helpful, his mom would be proud.

When the female asked him if he was defective he frowned. "I don't think I am defective, and I do not know of two legged anythings." His brow was deeply furrowed now as he tried to work out what she was saying.

"I was raised in a pack, it was just hyenas and wild dogs. We worked together, till we didn't anymore then everyone left." In a nut shell that had been Moswen's life. He had been the son of one of the leaders but when the pack fell apart his father went a different way than the rest of them.

User Image
hibi:
"Thank you, thank you," Uziwa said, shaking her head a bit to get the excess water off.

She cocked her head to the side for a moment when the male claimed he wasn't defective, and was raised in a pack with wild dogs and other hyenas. That was something she'd never seen before, or she just wasn't very observant which was a real possibility.

"I was in a pack once. It was all hyenas. And the queens were ok, but kind of mean. Well, they were mean to the males, they kind of just pitied me. I'm apparently not a proper hyena," Uziwa muttered, shrugging her shoulders a bit at the thought.

Over time she had come to learn that they were the odd ones. There was much nicer people out in the rogue lands than in her pack. The female hyenas were still aggressive, but it was territorial and not just because they were. The queens were aggressive just because they could be.

nessiaing: "I think we are the good ones, the others are defective." he told her with a quick nod. His mind had been made up and like so many males in the world once that was done there likely wasn't much that could be done to change it.

"Those females, the queens they sound no good. I met a no good hyena recently. I think she was crazy, she acted as if she were two different hyena's in one.. it was strange and kind of scary." he said with a slight quiver. He tried hard not to think about the odd purple maned hyena.

"My name is Moswen by the way." he told her with a grin. "Do you live in this area? I have to go hunt soon but I hope that I would be able to see you again."

hibi: Uziwa smiled, a chuckle escaping her maw as Moswen said that it was the others who were the defective ones. It was nice to hear that she was thought of as normal by someone else. Not even her own child thought she was normal most of the time.

"I'm Uziwa," the female replied, scratching at her ear a moment before answering the rest of Moswen's question, "I sort of live around here. Well, I have been for a little while. It has nice water holes. You should come back here towards dawn if you want a good hunt, the gazelles show up at dawn."

nessiaing:Moswen smiled glad for the advice the hyena needed all the help he could get in the hunting field. He missed the days living in the pack where they had members who were the hunters for the whole pride and Moswen didn't ahve to worry about.

"I'll see you around dawn Uziwa." he said with a flirtatious smile on his face. For the first time since he had met the scary hyena. Yes Uziwa was exactly what he had needed, he was proud of himself for having come out here today despite wanting to hide in a cave for the rest of his life.