Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Non-KH Roleplaying and OoC
Digimon : Earnest Wind (NOW OPEN!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:01 am
DIGITAL MONSTERS
.:Earnest Wind:.

An Endless Tale - Koji Wada

Welcome to the Digital World!

It is currently Day 1 of Month 1. The season is...

[ Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter ]

And the current year is Year 1!

It's the first day of not only the year, but the new Era, so lots of Digimon are having get-togethers in their houses! Shops and things are still open, though!

Upcoming Events:

Don't forget! Seed Day is on the 8th!

Current Quests:

No Quests right now-culu!

General Information

This RP takes place in the Summer of 2016, as far as our world goes. Much more time will pass in the Digital World. Your age does not have to match this date, however, once you pick a starting age, stay consistent with it.

Earnest Wind affords you the chance to roleplay yourself as a Digidestined. OC's are also welcome. Either way, the story for all humans is that they were out minding their own business, doing whatever it was they were doing, when a bright light suddenly engulfed them and swept them off to another world. If you need help coming up with an idea of where you were/what you were doing before you're transported to the Digital World, ask someone for help!

Everyone keeps any knowledge about the Digimon series in our world, but this Digital World isn't exactly the same, so it's not gonna do much good. Just to be clear, no one knows that the Digital World ACTUALLY EXISTS until they get there and have their mind blown.

...And I'll add more stuff here as it's thought of/brought up!

UPDATES

09/25/2016 - FINALLY finished ("finished") the Extreme Makeover: Roleplay Edition that I started months ago. Still needs some work, but overall the contents have been shifted, certain elements of the RP have been made more simple or just removed, and it just looks much better I think. Yay!

07/19/2015 - Cleaned stuff up in general. Should look a lot better now.

04/22/2015 - Added Kyla's awesome Digivice template to the Digivice section! Behold its radicalness!

04/19/2015 - Added more helpful parentheses stuff to the main App. Sorry! Guess I still haven't thought of everything!
Added the Digivice Storage section to the main app. From now on, the Digivice is where we store our Digital World items, and the backpack is where we store our real world items!
Also added Calumon to the NPC list.

04/18/2015 - Added the NPC/Side Character App!
Also updated some data on File City that I had forgotten.

04/16/2015 - You now have the choice of playing as an OC instead of yourself.
Also added a little bit to the General Info.

04/15/2015 - Cropped the Tamer Guidelines/care requirements section. Should be a lot simpler now.
Added General Information area in bold you see above this,
added Credits section below.
Added the Backpack section of the App 'cause I forgot it like an idiot.
Weight isn't a thing anymore. Unless you want it to be, for you. Go ahead.
Added notes about all of the Crests.
Changed "MarineAngemon's House" to "Asura's House".
Added more on to the F.A.Q.
Finally picked a starting point: 2016 in our world.
Added more to the General Info.
Really truly for real this time opened the RP.

CONTENTS

00. Main Post/Contents
(You are here! Or are you...?)
01. Rules and Guidelines
02. Lore and Culture
03. The Digital World
04. The Digital World (cont.)
05. Characters and Apps
06. Partners
07. Digimon Analyzer
08. Items and Shops
09. Crests and other World Elements
10. The Digivice
11. F.A.Q.
12. Links
13. Journal

CREDITS

The idea for us all to play as ourselves was Mizu's idea.
Luna, Kyle, and those moving circles that talked to me last night helped me come up with the appearance of the Digivice. Thanks, moving circles.
In no particular order: Mizu, CK, Kyla, Mathy, Luna, Dawn, Jimmy, Joe, Tsuki, Kyle... am I missing anyone?... all helped me in some way or another by giving me suggestions, letting me throw ideas at them, and asking s**t-tons of questions.
Joe gave me great advice to keep things kind of simple, which I tried to adhere to, then ******** it up, but I think I've made it a lot better now.
CK made the suggestion to make the Tamer Guidelines easier/simpler. Also, you should thank him for the general information section (the bold part), 'cause I didn't even think about typing that stuff until he suggested it.
The idea for a sub-species-changing item (which will make its appearance later) was Kyla's.
Asura and Karina's names are thanks to Kyla and Joe, respectively.
The Digivice having an item storage function was Joe's idea.
Kyla drew the awesome Digivice template you see at the bottom of the Digivice section.

And as I've probably said fifty times by now, if you have ANY comments/questions/suggestions/hatemail about any aspect of this, or the RP in general, PLEASE send them my way! Either on Skype or as a PM on Gaia! I need feedback 'cause I dunno what the fxxk I'm doing! Gwahaha!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:22 am
Rules and Guidelines

.:Rules:.

01. Follow all of Gaia’s rules, follow all the Guild’s rules, and keep the Roleplay General Info Thread’s guidelines in mind.
02. Be excellent to each other.
03. Literacy. You don’t have to go overboard or anything, just make sure to read what you type out loud before you submit it.
04. Don’t break character. While we’re at it, don’t break time, either, okay?
05. Apps go in the app thread, of course, and must be approved by myself, Banshee Coffeetime.
06. Read all info on this page (not all at once if it’s too overwhelming; I know it’s a lot to take in), and check up on the top post for updates every now and then.
07. Keep being awesome, you beautiful person, you! ^_^

.:Guidelines:.

01. About Posting - The usual location tags are recommended (( Example: [ Karina : File City : Asura’s House ] )), but that or any variant you’re used to using will do, as long as people know where you are.

Posts don’t have to be long - the minimum is one paragraph (five sentences), but if nothing is really happening, three sentences will usually suffice. No less than that please! Preferred perspective is 3rd person past tense. 1st person is acceptable in narrations/chapter intros/things like that, but I’ll be doing most of those, so… Joy.

02. Digimon Care - The way you raise your Digimon determines many things, including what it will grow into, how long its life cycle will last, and of course, how it feels about you. Since each of us roleplays our own Digimon partner, I’ll leave it up to you to write your own partner’s changes in personality, as it should be.

I won’t let this be abused, however; if you consistently treat your Digimon horribly over time and they’re still content and fine with you, I will step in and change things, unless you have a good, well-written reason (and honestly I can’t think of anything that would count at the moment). If I have to keep fixing this same problem with the same person, there will be consequences, as this goes under the “Stay in character” rule. This goes for the opposite, too. If you have consistently raised your Digimon well and it still hates you, there has to be a good, well-written reason for me to even consider letting it slide.

As far as caring for your Digimon goes, I’m leaving it up to each person individually how much they want to get into all the details. If you want to say “If they’re breathing and not sick or bleeding, that’s all I need to worry about”? That’s fine. Want to pay attention to every little detail as if you were raising an old-school V-pet? Cool with me. Not sure what route you’re gonna take and you’re just gonna come up with it as you go along? Hey, awesome, you’re the one writing it!

The one thing that I will be less lenient on, is food. The amount of food you have is specific, and if it runs out, you’ll have to get more. Of course, with Floramon being such a generous person, you won’t run out anytime soon if you stick around the city for a while, but when you’re out about the island having adventures, you’ll have to forage or fish. And this is food for Digimon. You’ll be given opportunities to receive sustenance for your human character free of charge, so don’t worry. (Of course, your human characters can eat fish, meat, etc. found around the island if it’s actually, y’know, cooked.) This, I’m not gonna be so strict on. If you say you ate your wheaties (or whatever they make for breakfast) at Asura’s house that morning, and you’re not gonna pass out or huddle over from starvation, I’ll believe you. I will reward people for actually roleplaying out how they obtained their food (or anything else, for that matter) in advance instead of just saying “Oh hey I got a candy bar from Kuwagamon the other day.” Reward, how? Well, more about that later.

Digimon need food to stay alive just like us, but if they eat rotten or poisoned food, it will make them sick. This can be healed by bringing your Digimon to the hospital to be treated for free, and you can also buy Medicine for those times when you’re adventuring away from the city.

03. The Life Cycle - Of course, if you’re interested in a Digimon RP, you know that Digimon evolve (Digivolve) to higher levels. Digivolution is a gradual process, though Digimon have been known to evolve in a temporary burst when exposed to humans with Digivices. This temporary evolution will be made available in the RP at a later date, but your partner will also grow over time into each of its levels naturally. Digivolving all the way to Champion (although WHICH Champion depends on your actions) is pretty much guaranteed (unless a Digimon is neglected and abused so horribly that it simply can’t survive), but Ultimate and Mega take a lot of hard work and care to reach.

The period of time between your Digi-Egg appearing/reappearing and the point where the Digimon passes away and is reconfigured into another Digi-Egg is called a Life Cycle. When a Digimon that has been cared for decently enough and trained very well is reconfigured, it will keep at least one or two of its learned techs from its previous life. (Example: A Greymon passes away and the Digi-Egg they reconfigure into hatches into Botamon once more. Because their Tamer did a great job, they kept their “Nova Blast” technique!) Of course, Fresh and In-Training Digimon can’t use most retained moves from higher levels, but once your partner becomes a Rookie again, almost all of them are usable.

Things that would shorten a Digimon’s lifespan:

• Being sick for too long without being treated with medicine. (This can actually kill them. Luckily for everyone, being treated at the hospital is free.)
  • Becoming sick and/or injured too often.
  • Not eating anything for a long period of time.

04. Life and HP - There won’t be numbers involved (ugh I hate math), so “HP” is really just a term for how long a Digimon can stay up and kicking in a fight. Obviously these are not really points of any kind (UUUUUUUGH NUMBERS MATH NO), so if anyone thinks of a better term they think fits, I am open to suggestions! Imagine a bar over your partner’s head or a bunch of hearts or whatever works for you. Once they’re hit enough by an enemy (again, no math, so I’ll let each person decide, within reason.), they’ll be knocked unconscious and unable to fight anymore. A trip to the hospital or a quick HP item will wake them back up, or you can wait about three hours for them to wake up naturally with minimal HP.

The only way to kill a Digimon in battle is to hit it with a super-powerful attack when its HP is at a critical level. When this critical level is reached in battles with real enemy Digimon, it will be announced in bold. Most Digimon on File Island are civilized and won’t want to fight to the death, so destroying them won’t be an option. Think of them as training battles.  

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:24 am
Lore and Culture

Deities

The Digital World is watched over by the Four Holy Beasts, also known as the Digimon Sovereign. They are the highest deities of the Digital World. Though there is a fifth, it is said to slumber in the center of the world for eternity. Each Digimon Sovereign is surrounded by twelve floating DigiCores, and it is said that just one of them would have the power to change the world.

- Ebonwumon
User Image

The Black Tortoise of Wood presides over the North, and watches over all Digimon and Tamers there. Its season is Spring, and its colors are green and brown. Its favorite family of musical instrument is percussion, and they say that when someone plays one of those instruments, the tree on its back dances and sways without need for wind, and the fruits of joy and stability fall from its branches onto the world.

Devas: Vikaralamon, Kumbhiramon, Vajramon

- Zhuqiaomon
User Image

The Vermillion Bird of Flame presides over the South, and keeps a sharp eye on all Digimon and Tamers there. Its season is Summer, and the colors that represent it are red and purple. Its favorite family of musical instrument is brass, and it's said that when music is played from such an instrument, it becomes so rambunctious that it dances wildly in the air, letting loose small flames that fade into the air and become excitement and good fortune.

Devas: Sandiramon, Indramon, Pajiramon

- Baihumon
User Image

The White Tiger of Metal presides over the West, and all Digimon and Tamers in that area are under its watchful gaze. Its season is Autumn, and its colors are white and silver. It loves stringed musical instruments, and many claim that when it hears them being played, it lets out the loudest roar anyone could imagine, and those who are in its favor are filled with courage by the sound - anyone else is filled with immediate dread.

Devas: Makuramon, Sinduramon, Caturamon

- Azulongmon
User Image

The Azure Dragon of Water presides over the East, and all Digimon and Tamers there are safe in its dominion. Its season is Winter, and the colors that represent it are black and grey. Its favored family of musical instrument is the woodwind, and it is said that when someone plays that type of instrument, it makes it happy, and therefore makes the ocean of the Digital World happy, passing blessings on to those who brave those waters.

Devas: Mihiramon, Antylamon, Majiramon

-Huanglongmon
User Image

The Yellow Dragon of Earth makes its home in the Center of the Digital World, though it is said that it watches over the entire world, including the Four Holy Beasts. Not much is known about it, but they say that it is more powerful than all of the other Digimon Sovereign. Though the other four roam about the Digital World and even, on rare occasion, show themselves to other Digimon, Huanglongmon sticks to itself and governs from afar.

Unknown to all but the Holy Beasts, the Digital World is moderated and maintained by a supercomputer named Yggdrasil, which resides in another plane of the Digital World.
Yggdrasil is served and guarded by the Royal Knights, thirteen tremendously powerful Digimon.

- Alphamon -
- Craniamon -
- Magnamon -
- Ulforce Veedramon -
- Gallantmon -
- Kentaurosmon -
- Crusadermon -
- Dynasmon -
- Examon -
- Leapordmon -
- Jesmon -
- Gankoomon -
- Omnimon -

Under the Digimon Sovereign is another group known as the Olympos XII. They are made up of extremely powerful godlike Digimon who rival even the Royal Knights in power, but unlike them, reside in the main plane of the world.

Apollomon - Sun god. Very aggressive with a short temper.
Bacchusmon - God of Wine. Cheerful and friendly.
Ceresmon - Goddess of Agriculture. Gentle and kind hearted. Carries the Karpos Hule (Fruit Forest) on her back. Form of a giant dirt and grass bird. Ceresmon Medium is a woman with no fighting strength.
Dianamon - Moon goddess. Has a two-sided nature.
Junomon - Goddess of women soldiers and marriage. Affectionate personality.
Jupitermon - God of thunder and weather. Judges good and evil on the battlefield.
Marsmon - God of War. Obsessed with victory.
Mercurymon - Messenger god. Extremely fast runner and swimmer.
Minervamon - Goddess of Wisdom. Cheerful personality, childlike innocence.
Neptunemon - God of the sea.
Venusmon - Goddess of Love. Compassionate and can’t be taken in by lies or deception.
Vulcanusmon - Blacksmith god. Maker of most well-known weapons. Very prideful and stubborn.

The Calendar

There are twelve months, just like in one of our years, but though certain areas of the Digital World have varying names for them, usually revolving around the twelve Devas, they usually just go by “Month 1, Month 2, Month 3,” and so on. Every month has 30 days. More important are the seasons.
Each season is presided over by one of the Digimon Sovereign, and the months that fall into those seasons are said to belong to whatever Holy Beast represents it.

Spring :: Ebonwumon :: 1, 2, 3
Summer :: Zhuqiaomon :: 4, 5, 6
Autumn :: Baihumon :: 7, 8, 9
Winter :: Azulongmon :: 10, 11, 12

Holidays and Other Celebrations

Seed Day - Month 1, Day 8 - A time when Digimon and humans gather together and plant seeds in certain places, which they hope will grow and thrive through the year. It’s symbolic of new beginnings. Native Forest is widely known as a famous location for this. This is Ceresmon’s favored holiday. Celebrated in areas with plentiful plant life.

Journey - Month 1, Day 14 - This celebration marks the day that a legendary Allomon descended from the peak of Dragon’s Valley to travel the world on its bare feet, hoping to gain wisdom and become closer to the Holy Beasts on its journey. If a Digimon has become an Adult (Champion) on or before this date, they are allowed to depart on that very same pilgrimage, following in the Allomon’s legendary footsteps. On the night before, they must climb up to the shrine on Dragon’s Valley and pray to the Holy Beasts for a safe and fruitful journey. Then, early the next morning, they are granted a celebratory send-off by the community. This holiday takes place at the bottom of Dragon’s Valley, and as such, is usually only celebrated by those who live on the Folder Continent or who are visiting.

Digitama (or sometimes just called "Egg") - Month 2, Day 23-30 - Depending on the location, this holiday is celebrated for one day, three, or even an entire week. It is a time of celebrating the cycles of new life, with emphasis on the beginning. Some choose to wish personal blessings on Digitama, also known as Digi-Eggs, that haven’t hatched yet at this time, and there are various ceremonies held where the youngest Digimon are requested to act in plays or sing songs, telling stories of legends or the world’s history. The most common food consumed during this time is eggs (NOT DIGI-EGGS!) Celebrated in most islands/continents.

Marching Fishes - Month 3, week 2/Month 9, week 3 - Around the end of Spring (in the south) and the end of Autumn (in the north), many fish in the Digital World begin their seasonal migration, and cross the Net Ocean in huge groups. It is illegal to go fishing on either of these weeks. Some communities make a day of celebration at some point in the week, sometimes with feasts with anything but fish - eating it is considered taboo at this time.

Blossom - Month 3 - There are varying dates on the fifth month when many Digimon take walks in nature to enjoy the flowers in full bloom. This is held in most parks and places with naturally growing flowers.

Baby Flame - Month 4, Day 1 - On the first night of the fourth month, a festival celebrating the return of Summer is held in many areas. It is also a celebration of all warriors. It is traditional to camp out under the stars on this night, telling stories and playing games around a small fire. The more wild and rambunctious Digimon tend to stay up all night playing music and taking turns jumping over the fire. Coela Beach and Netsurf Village are popular locations for this. This is Marsmon’s favored holiday.

Aquan - Month 5, Week 1 - On one or more days of the week, many Digimon go out for a day at the beach to be closer to the ocean and celebrate its gifts. Some Digimon even camp out on the shore for the entire week! Fishing and swimming are highly favored activities during this week. This is Neptunemon’s favored holiday.

Sunfire - Month 5, Day 15 - Lighting a campfire is the most important tradition of this holiday as well, but this one is lit in the morning and kept burning all day and all night to celebrate the peak of the sun’s warmth through the year. Some communities get together and light it as a whole, while some Digimon simply join with a few friends and make their own fire. This is Apollomon’s favored holiday.

Festival of Lights - Month 6, Week 2 - The entire community gathers together and places tiny paper lanterns all around the city for the whole week. On the last night, they set them afloat in the river or sea, or release them to float into the air. This is to honor the Digimon who have met the end of their life cycles and have had their data reconfigured for the final time, to become part of the Digital World. Sometimes messages are written on the lanterns. This festival usually only takes place in File Island, though there are some areas of Folder who observe it as well.

Paper Day - Month 6, Day 28 - They say that long ago, a band of young Digimon had gotten fed up with their hometown and decided to go out to see the world together. Eventually they began to miss their families and friends, so would send them letters and gifts in a large bundle, though they had nothing to send it in but a large roll of paper. No one knows if that’s true or not, but it became a tradition that once a year, anyone who was away from home would send letters and gifts in a large bundle to their loved ones to let them know how they are doing and that they haven’t forgotten about them. Any type of gifts are acceptable, but the smallest ones work best. This is Mercurymon’s favored holiday.

Vine - Month 8, Day 22 - This is a festival celebrating the harvest of grapes used for making wine. There are usually small get-togethers to commemorate this day - for grown-up Digimon, of course - while the children have their own, separate version of this party, usually with grape juice. This is Bacchusmon’s favored holiday. Celebrated in most areas.

Redseed - Month 9, Day 15 - Named after the fruit of the pomegranate, this day honors all female warriors of legend and history, as well as all those alive today, as this is Junomon’s favored holiday, and she is said to smile favorably on all of them. Many cities hold large festivals to commemorate this day, and some communities hold plays or concerts. In some places, young women who have proved themselves are given this day to be knighted by supreme fighters such as, in the case of Holy Angel Castle, Lady Ophanimon herself. Celebrated in most towns and cities.

Magical Fire - Month 9, Day 30 - This is a night of tricks and mystery, dedicated to pondering unanswered questions and seeking wisdom. At daytime, Digimon go around from door to door bringing gifts, mostly food, to their neighbors. It is tradition to make a large fire in the center of the community and gather everyone at night for a large fireside feast, after which there are usually many stories told. Depending on the area, some communities dress themselves in costumes to play tricks on people, while some simply wear masks and play games with them. Those who practice crafts, such as tailoring, smithing, painting, etc., are also celebrated on this night; though the blacksmiths also have their own holiday, all crafts are celebrated here. This is Minervamon’s favored holiday. Celebrated in most areas.

Atmosphere - Month 10, Day 20 - In most cities, large concerts are held on this day where citizens sing songs about the weather. Some of them have even been known to last most of the day and night. It is a day for staying outside and showing thanks for the gifts brought from the sky. Some Digimon camp out on this night, though it isn’t as common an activity as it is on Baby Flame. This is Jupitermon’s favored holiday.

Volcano - Month 11, Day 8 - This is a day to celebrate the fire that burns in the Winter, that keeps everyone warm and lets them live in various ways. It is also a day when we celebrate the blacksmiths who wield that fire. Many communities spend this day visiting their friends and families and expressing thanks for all the gifts of life. This is Vulcanusmon’s favored holiday. Celebrated in most areas.

Hearth - Month 11, Day 18 - A day for staying in, away from the cold, and bestowing gifts to your loved ones. Most families gather around the fireplace and exchange these gifts at night, though times can vary. This is also a day for couples, as it celebrates all manners of love, including familial and romantic. Large parties and get-togethers are common on this day. This is Venusmon’s favored holiday. Celebrated pretty much everywhere.

Year End Festival - Month 12, Day 30 - A celebration of the end of Winter and beginning of Spring. There are so many different ways that this holiday is celebrated that some aren’t even sure what is the proper tradition. Some towns throw huge festivals with games, dancing, shops, the whole shebang. Some simply have a ceremonial dinner with their family and friends. Still others get everyone together and party all night, not allowing themselves to sleep until they see the first sunrise of the new year. And of course, I can’t leave out the fireworks. Many get together for feasts on the next day, the first of the year, as well. Celebrated in most areas.

Blue Moon Festival - Takes place whenever there are two full moons in one month. Some towns hold festivals, while some choose to hold quiet, individual celebrations, and still others simply don't observe it at all. This is Dianamon's favored holiday. Celebrated on File Island and various other areas.

Legends and Heroes

I might have some of these for you later-culu!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:26 am
The Digital World

File Island

This is where you'll be starting out, and you'll call this place home for quite a while until you're granted permission to go to other places. Don't worry, this island's bigger than it looks, and there's a lot to do here.

User Image

Locations

File City - This is where you begin: A city at the foot of Infinity Mountain. There are many useful services and important places here.

• Asura's House - This is where a wise MarineAngemon named Asura and her Tamer, an old human named Karina, will be waiting to introduce you to the Digital World - yep, that's right! This is the first place you'll end up at. They'll be there throughout your adventure to give you advice and occasional tips, but try to keep your voice down when inside - they don't like loud noises.

• Primary Village (Village of Beginnings) - This is an eastern section of the city where Digitama are kept until they are hatched. You will be guided here when you first arrive to find the Digitama of the Digimon that chose you! This place is watched over by... Oh wait, it's me, Calumon! Haha, I'm so silly sometimes! But other Digimon in the city help, too!

• Green Gym - This is an outdoors training facility on the western edge of town, with lots of workout equipment! There's even a waterfall that pours down from the side of Infinity Mountain! Everyone is welcome to Green Gym, so bring your friends, too, if you want!

• File City Post Office - You can send and receive letter and packages here! Delivery is done by a Kuwagamon with a giant mail bag, while Biyomon manages the office.

• Infinity Mine - An underground cavern where several Digimon are digging for treasures. Maybe they need someone to lend them a hand...

• Item Bank - Run by Guardramon. Here you can rent out a box to store the items that can't fit into your backpack. And it's free!

• Meat Farm - Run by Floramon. This is where meat is grown, though they can only grow Medium Meat right now... Every day, if you come here and show them your Digivice, you get three free pieces of Medium Meat.

• Lotus Hospital - Operated by Lotusmon. Bring your Digimon here to either buy Medicine or Bandages, get them treated (if they're very sick), or just get a checkup to make sure everything's all right. You can get a checkup too, if you're not feeling so hot-culu! Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Treatment and checkups are free, too!

• File City Arena - Run by MetalGreymon. You can enter tournaments here! It's really tough, though, so you'd better prepare!

Tournaments:

Rookie League - Class E | D | C | B | A | S
    Champion League - Class E | D | C | B | A | S
    Ultimate League - Class E | D | C | B | A | S
    Mega League - Class E | D | C | B | A | S

You can only enter a league if your Digimon is at that Level! Also, I heard there are secret tournaments that are even tougher... Either way, you can win prize money and sometimes a trophy if you do well in a tournament! Some people don't really care about the Arena, though, so it's an optional thing.

• Sizzle Cafe - Operated by Meramon. They serve lots of things, but only water is free!

- Digi Salad - 20 Bits - +1 Fullness and slighty reduced Exhaustion
    - Breakfast Roll - 20 Bits - +1 Fullness, makes Digimon more energetic for a while
    - Tyranno Bites (small ravioli) - 30 Bits - +1 Fullness, +1 Happiness
    - Volcano Burger - 50 Bits - +2 Fullness, strengthens Fire attacks
    - Mt. Infinity Nachos - 70 Bits - +3 Fullness, reduced Exhaustion

Items will be added to the menu in time!

• Wizardmon's Tent - 10 Bits - Come here to get your fortune told! You might learn something new or get a hint on your current situation!

Native Forest (Unwavering Forest) - This is a forest south of File City. Mount Miharashi (Mount Panorama) is to the west, and Digi Bridge and Coela Beach are to the east.

• Dragon Eye Lake - A large lake at the southern part of the forest. A Seadramon is known to live there, and might want to be your friend...
    It's the best spot for fishing! Also, there's a Vending Machine here!

• Beetle Land - A place across the lake to the south that is filled with lots and lots of Insectoid Digimon! I've heard they have their own Arena with special types of tournaments, but I've never seen it, 'cause you have to cross the lake to get there. There's got to be a way...

Digi Bridge - Connects Native Forest to the Tropical Jungle area. Good luck if you're going that way! Native Forest is a lot safer-culu! Also, there's a Vending Machine here! There's no Post Office, but there is a solitary mailbox.

Coela Beach (Ceola Point) - A huge beach with a great view of the ocean. What? Phone booths? What are you talking about-culu?

Tropical Jungle - A huge jungle with lots of different areas! Try not to get lost! There are "trees" here that are actually holograms to throw people off! You won't be able to tell which ones from just sight, though! ((OOC note: This is the place in Adventure where the Digidestined first appeared! I'm sure the other locations are obvious, though.))

• Mangrove Region - Very humid, with bug Digimon crawling and flying around. Try not to fall in the water!

• Amida Forest - A strange forest with stone walls. It's a simple path to the Ancient Dino Region. There's supposedly an entrance to some ruins somewhere around here...

• Ancient Dino Region - Where lots of Dinosaur Digimon live! It's separated into two zones:

- Glacial Time Zone - A calm, quiet place. Time passes more slowly here (about half speed).

- Speedy Time Zone - Everything looks decayed here... Time passes twice as fast!

Overdell Cemetery - Many ghostly Digimon live here! This is without a doubt the spookiest place on File Island... That is, other than the mansion at the end of it...

• Grey Lord's Mansion (Dark Lord Mansion) - A spooky house filled with traps - very dangerous! Only Digimon of the Virus attribute can enter here.

Great Canyon - You're at a very high altitude now! Lots of flying Digimon live around here, but also some of the meaner kind! There is a shop here that sells special items, and a Post Office. Great Canyon can only be accessed from Freezeland, though I heard there's a way to get there from the Tropical Jungle...

Miharashi Mountain (Mount Panorama) - A smaller, more rounded mountain than Mt. Infinity. The view is amazing, and it's a popular place for hiking and camping out.

• Drill Tunnel - A huge mine worked by several Drimogemon and other Digimon. The cave that leads to it is at the foot of Mt. Miharashi.

- Lava Cave - A cave way down at the bottom of the mine where many Meramon and DemiMeramon can be found hanging around.

Gear Savannah - A huge, wide-open plain. It's gargantuan! There's plenty of room for traveling Tamers and Digimon, so it's a popular place for jogging and hiking, and even camping out!

Factorial Town - This is a gigantic factory, basically. Lots of Machine Digimon live here, and they're all looked after by a wise Andromon who knows the secrets of this maze-like place - but he won't tell them to just anybody! One things' for sure - there's a Post Office on the top - if you can ge there!

• Sewers - There is supposedly a hidden pathway in the sewers that leads to the Misty Trees.

Trash Mountain - An artificial mountain made up of trash and pieces of scrap metal. It's not a very clean place! It's right between Factorial Town and the Misty Trees. I'm pretty sure there's a Post Office here.

• Dust Kingdom - The nastiest of the nasty Digimon live here. They have their own small training facility, but... I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot digi-pole! That's up to you-culu!

Geko Swamp - It's gonna be hard to avoid getting wet here, so I hope you dress appropriately! Lots of Otamamon and Gekomon live here. There is a Vending Machine here!

• Volume Villa (Daion Region) - A more dry place to the western edge of the swamp. It's a tiny village with a huge stage in the center, and lots of musical equipment around. A grumpy ShogunGekomon lives in a house behind the stage. They have a Post Office, too!

Misty Trees - A huge forest that's constantly covered in a thick fog. Try not to get lost!

• Toy Town - In the northeastern part of the woods is a city made entirely of toy blocks! It's filled with toys, and its inhabitants are toy-like Digimon. Monzaemon is their leader, and he watches over and takes care of all of them. There are several buildings with different themes of toys. There are shops and services too, but I can't say what they are until someone finds this place and finds out!

Freezeland - There's ice and snow all over the place! Don't slip and fall! There are hot springs, but they're way too hot. Digimon who love the cold climate make their homes here. I know there's a Vending Machine... somewhere...

• Secret Beach Cave - A hidden cave just north of Freezeland. You'll have to swim quite a ways to get to it...

• Ice Sanctuary - A safe, sacred place made entirely of ice. It's quite beautiful, but only Vaccine-attribute Digimon can enter it. There is an underground training facility inside.

Infinity Mountain - A mountain in the very center of File Island. The peak of this mountain is the highest point in the entire island. Some of the strongest Digimon you will meet live up there, and as such, permission must be granted before you can climb it. Once you've earned that, though, be careful and do your best!

Folder Continent

Folder is the closest land mass to File Island (which is saying something, as it's quite a ways out to the west). As you would imagine, File Island is rather small compared to Folder.

User Image

((I'll be using these pictures until I draw my own - that might be a long while, unfortunately!))  

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 am
The Digital World (cont.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 am
Characters

We'll have some of these eventually! Momentai!

TAMERS

Every human who is brought to the Digital World has been chosen for a reason. There will come a certain time when you are asked to begin a long trial to fulfill that reason. Though all humans were intended to be Chosen Children and take on that trial, the people who chose you will allow you a choice: Say yes, and risk your life and that of your partner to help the Digital World, or say no and continue living peacefully with your partner. No one can judge you or think badly of you for your answer: it is yours, after all, and only you can make that choice. All in all, it's best not to worry about this question until the time comes.

Digidestined/Chosen Children:

Other Tamers:

NPC'S/IMPORTANT PEOPLE

((All NPC's/side characters will be played by me (Banshee Coffeetime)) until they are applied for. Asura and Karina are the only ones not open for applications so far.))

Asura and Karina - A MarineAngemon and her aged Tamer. No one knows exactly how long Karina has been in the Digital World, and she doesn't like to talk about it, so she'll likely change the subject. They are the wisest people in File City, and will give you advice if you ask them.

Calumon - The adorable overseer of the Primary Village hatching ground and nursery. He may be tiny, but he has a lot of experience with Digimon that are smaller than him! He's usually available in the daytime to answer questions about raising Fresh Digimon.

Apps

This is the app for main characters and their Digimon partners! The Tamer can be either yourself or an OC, but only canon Digimon! Either way, fill it out and post it in the Non-KH Roleplay App Thread.

[color=skyblue][b][u][size=28]Digimon : Earnest Wind[/size]
[size=18]Tamer and Digimon Application[/size][/u][/b][/color]

[b][u]TAMER[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] (Either your name or your OC's name)
[b]Alias:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b] (Are you right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous?)
[b]Crest Affinity:[/b] ( Choose one: Courage | Friendship | Love | Knowledge | Sincerity | Reliability | Hope | Light | Kindness )
[b]Digivice Color:[/b] (It doesn’t matter, whatever color you want. This is only to save me headaches later on.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]
(You can type a summary here, or fill in the blanks, whichever you’re more comfortable with.)

[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Body type:[/b]
[b]Skin type:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b]
[b]Unusual Marks:[/b]

[b]Backpack:[/b] (This can also be any other kind of bag, like a duffel bag or mail bag, whatever you want - you can place a description here as well. Things from our world that you had on you when you were transported to the Digital World go here. There is no limit here.)
[list]
[*]
[*]
[*][/list]

[b]Digivice Storage:[/b] (This is the area to list your Digital World items. There is a limit of ten items {or stacks}, and ten items to a stack. You don't necessarily have to list items like Food and Chips if you don't want to; I'm sure we can all use our imaginations and be fair about this. Things like Fishing Rods, water Bottles, and rare items go here.)
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

[b]Equipment List:[/b]
(This is going to be blank for a while. Just ignore it.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (A summary or several paragraphs, whatever tickles your fancy.)
[b]Strengths:[/b] (Character-wise)
[b]Flaws:[/b] (Ditto)
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]

[b]Significant Trait:[/b] (In one or two words.)
[b]Quotes:[/b] (As many as you want.)
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]
[b]Theme Songs:[/b] (As many as you want.)
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b][u]DIGIMON[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias/Nickname:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b](This would be 0 at the start, so you can leave it blank if you want.)
[b]Attribute:[/b] (This can sometimes change, so keep an eye out! I put this here to avoid headaches.)
[b]Fresh:[/b] (What Digimon it is in its Fresh level. The basic starting point you’ll keep coming back to.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]
(Either a summary or a picture will do. If you choose a picture, you may type separate details, such as scars/marks, accessories it might be wearing, etc.)

[b]Techs:[/b]
Bubble Blow [Frothy Spit]
(It won’t have any other Techs at the beginning, but you can put a striked-out list here of all the Techs you hope for it to learn in the future. Just make sure those Techs are actually used by its Digivolutions in some canon form or another! DMA is the best place to check this!)
[b]Passives:[/b]
(These are traits some Digimon have that are always in effect! It won’t learn any until later levels!)

[b]Digivolution History:[/b] (You can simply make a list with arrows {Example: Botamon -> Koromon -> Betamon -> Seadramon, etc.,} or you can write a summary or in-depth account of its various Digivolutions and Life Cycles. This will be blank in the beginning, of course.)

[b]Personality:[/b]
(Again, either a summary or several paragraphs. Whatever you want. You have the choice of leaving this blank if you don’t want to come up with their personality on the spot and would rather “get to know” your Digimon as you form a bond in the RP. That goes for the Strengths/Likes/Significant Trait, etc., blanks below, as well.)
[b]Strengths:[/b] (Character)
[b]Flaws:[/b] (Character)

[b]Significant Trait:[/b]
[b]Quotes:[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]
[b]Theme Songs:[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

[b][u]OUR STORY[/u][/b]
(Leave this blank for now; it’ll be a space for you to make notes about your adventures later, if you want to. This is like an optional second Bio, since the other only asks for the Tamer’s background.)

This next one is the app for NPC's and important side characters! Um... Any NPC listed in the File City part of the Digital World section (other than Asura and Calumon) is available for applications-culu! Good luck!

[color=skyblue][b][u][size=28]Digimon : Earnest Wind[/size]
[size=18]NPC/Side Character App[/size][/u][/b][/color]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Home:[/b] (Examples: File City, Tropical Jungle, Netsurf Village, etc.)
[b]Attribute:[/b](Data, Virus, Vaccine)
[b]Current Form:[/b] (Leave this blank if same as name)
[b]Group:[/b] (Four Holy Beasts, Royal Knights, Olympos XII, etc. Just leave blank if not part of any group.)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (You can write a summary or simply insert a picture)

[b]Techs:[/b]

[b]Passives:[/b]

[b]Digivolution History:[/b] (Not necessary unless the NPC has digivolved during the story, as in, its digivolution has been shown in the RP)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Either a short summary or several paragraphs, whichever you wish)
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Flaws:[/b]

[b]Significant Trait:[/b]
[b]Quotes:[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]
[b]Theme Songs:[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

[b]Bio:[/b]

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:27 am
Partners

Every Tamer starts out with a Fresh Digimon. Choose any one from this list! You'll find links to In-Trainings they can digivolve into on each page, then lists of Rookies each In-Training can digivolve into on their own page, and et cetera.

Botamon - DMA Entry
Punimon - DMA Entry
Poyomon - DMA Entry
Yuramon - DMA Entry
Zurumon - DMA Entry
Pabumon - DMA Entry
Pichimon - DMA Entry
Mokumon - DMA Entry
Nyokimon - DMA Entry
MetalKoromon -DMA Entry
YukimiBotamon - DMA Entry
Chibomon - DMA Entry
Leafmon - DMA Entry
Pururumon -DMA Entry
Tsubumon - DMA Entry
Jyarimon - DMA Entry
Relemon - DMA Entry
Kiimon - DMA Entry
Puttimon - DMA Entry
Dodomon -DMA Entry
Zerimon - DMA Entry
Conomon - DMA Entry
Fufumon -DMA Entry
Pupumon - DMA Entry
Popomon - DMA Entry
Bombmon - DMA Entry
Puwamon - DMA Entry
Puffmon - DMA Entry
Ketomon - DMA Entry
Paomon - DMA Entry
Petitmon - DMA Entry
Kuramon - DMA Entry  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:31 am
Digimon Analyzer

This is basically where we'll be putting short "profiles" of Digimon that have been fought by the heroes. Think of it more like a bestiary than as a list of every Digimon ever. It might end up being huger than one of those, strangely enough... We'll see. XD  

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:36 am
Items

Common
These can be found in the wild, earned from winning battles, and bought from vending machines. All items in this category can stack.

Food - Food includes meat that grows in meat farms, fish to be caught in the lake, fruits and veggies that grow in the wild, and all sorts of other things to eat! No matter what form it's in, make sure you have some, or you won't get very far!

Chips - These items restore a Digimon's HP and energy.

Medicine - For when your partner is sick.

Bandage - For when your partner is injured.

Key
These are important items that will come in handy on adventures. These items are mostly limited to one-per-person.

Bag - This is where you'll be carrying items you had on you when you went to the Digital World. It can be any kind of bag: backpack, purse, duffel bag, etc.

Bottle - Once you find a Bottle, your thirst problems are pretty much over! You can reuse it over and over and never have to throw it away! Keep an eye out for Vending Machines - they can refill this for you free of charge.

Fishing Rod - Without one of these, you'd have to try to catch fish with your hand... That would actually be funny to watch... XD

Weapons - Although some Digimon are able to use weapons, Tamers will be capable of wielding them to help their partners. While it will be possible to obtain more than one weapon (though not many), you'll only be able to carry with you what you can reasonably carry while being chased by gargantuan killer Digimon. XD

Rare
These items are soulbound to you and have special properties.

Digivice: This will be your most important item. It not only gives you data on your partner, other Digimon, and locations, it also stores the items you acquire in the Digital World (except the Digivice itself, of course)! There is a limit of 10 items per stack, and 10 stacks to your Digivice. Key Items can't be stacked!

Shops & Services

The currency of the Digital World is called Bits. You don't really have to worry about counting Bits - they're just a means so that people can acquire things every now and then. The most acquiring of items you will be doing will be through finding things out in the wild and by winning fights, and rare/special items will be either given to you by someone, or obtained by very special means. With that being said, I'll list some things Bits will actually be good for.

Vending Machines - There are several Vending Machines found in various places all over the Digital World, and if you put a Bit or two in, you can purchase some things you might not expect!

• Food - I know, we talk a lot about food, but c'mon, it's important! These machines will usually carry Meat, and maybe small Fish or Mushrooms, but not much else in the food category.
  • Chips - Chips are tiny items that your Digimon can eat to restore its HP or energy, depending on the type.
  • Water - You won't believe just how much water you're going to go through. You need a Bottle to carry water, and Vending Machines don't sell Bottles, but if you have one and place it into the Bottle slot, it'll refill your water supply for free!
  • Bandage - That's right! If you're nowhere near a hospital, these babies come in handy! They don't sell medicine, though...
  • Cards - There are lots of cards with Digimon on them! Some people collect these, and others don't care for them.

And there are even some Vending Machines that sell special and unusual items! It can't hurt to look for them!

Restaurants: Where there's a town, there's bound to be food! While you do get three pieces of Medium Meat a day, Restaurants serve food that might give bonus effects as well as fill you and your partner's tummies!

Inns: Inns only charge 10 Bits a night, so if you don't feel like roughing it, that's the place to go! Um... There is no Inn at File Island, but I'm sure you'll find them elsewhere.

Fortune-Tellers: For a small price, they can give you hints that will guide you on your way if you are lost, stumped on a certain quest/mission, or just don't know what to do next.

Transportation: You might be able to purchase transportation across the Net Ocean to other places if you ask the right Digimon, but Tamers can't leave File Island until they fulfill certain requirements, culu!

Festival Tents and Booths: During holidays, there may be games and special shops open in cities that celebrate them! You never know what you'll find, so have fun and try everything you can!

I know that looks like a lot, but most of those, you'll hardly be using anyway, so like I said, don't worry about Bits! You'll manage fine.

Free Services

Meat Farm: As I said before, the meat farm in File City will give you three free pieces of Medium Meat every day! I can't say anything about other meat farms, though...

Hospital: They offer their services free of charge, so don't worry if you're broke with an ill Digimon.

Item Bank: There's an Item Bank in File City where you can rent out a storage box to keep items you don't need at the moment.

Smithy: Weapons can be made for your Digimon or for yourself! Blacksmiths never charge money for services; instead, they ask for rare items, so keep an eye out for them! They can also fix and upgrade your current key items if you give them the right materials! Uummm... There is no Smithy on or around File Island-culu.

Arena: You can fight in an Arena to win prize money or maybe even a trophy! It's pretty tough, though, so make sure to train! There are different classes for each Level of Digimon. No Fresh or In-Training Digimon are allowed to fight in Arenas, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:45 am
Crests & Elements

Digimon Classifications

I'm sure you're aware by now that each Digimon has a Level, right? When they first hatch from their eggs, they are called Fresh (Baby), then they grow into In-Training (Baby II), then to Rookie (Child), Champion, (Adult), then hopefully Ultimate (Perfect) and sometimes even Mega (Ultimate). But there is much more to a Digimon than that. Let's talk about Attributes.

All Digimon can be classified into one of three attributes: Data, Vaccine, and Virus. Data is strong against Vaccine, which is strong against Virus, which is lastly strong against Data. Like Rock-Paper-Scissors, right? But hold on, it's not that simple!

There are also nine Families, and Digimon can be classified by those, too.

Nature Spirits - Mostly Animal and Beast Digimon.

Deep Savers - Mostly Aquatic/Marine Digimon

Nightmare Soldiers - Mostly Dark/Demon and Ghost Digimon

Wind Guardians - Mostly Bird Digimon and others who can fly

Metal Empire - Mostly Machine and Android Digimon

Virus Busters - Mostly Holy or Angel Digimon

Dragon's Roar - Mostly Dragon and Dinosaur Digimon

Jungle Troopers - Mostly Insect and Vegetation Digimon

Unknown - A Family comprised of Mutant, Alien, or Digimon that don't fit in any other Family.

It's important to remember what Family your partner is in. Some Digimon don't like being around members of certain Families, so be careful not to let them hang around each other for too long! It could even make them sick!

Crests

No, there are no physical Crests here, but the values behind them have a lot to do with various aspects of the Digital World, not least of which being the DigiMentals (Digi-Eggs with Digivolution properties). But those aren't important for now; all you need to know about the Crests is that you will be asked which one you feel the highest affinity with, and that answer will decide certain things for you in the future. I can't say what those things are now, so the best thing for you to do is to be one-hundred-percent honest when you answer that question. By the way, in case you didn't know, the Crests are...

Courage | Friendship | Love | Knowledge | Sincerity | Reliability | Hope | Light | Kindness

Notes:
1.) Courage is not lack of fear or rushing into danger like an idiot. Courage is feeling fear and choosing to keep on going in spite of it. Just want to make sure everyone understands that.
2.) I know Friendship isn't a value but a bond with people; the Crest of Friendship basically signifies the strength of those bonds, or the principle of treating your friends well or treating others how you would want to be treated (aka the Golden Rule) or however you, as a person, perceive it.
3.) The Crest of Love does not stand just for romantic love! It's love of your family and friends and yourself, as well. That's kind of self-evident if you've watched Digimon Adventure.
4.) Depending on what translation you use, the original name chishiki can be "knowledge" or "information", as in, seeking information, as in, curiosity. So you can look at that Crest as Knowledge or Curiosity. Doesn't matter to me.
5.) In the Japanese version, Mimi's Crest is called Purity, but if you translate the original Japanese, it comes out as purity -or- sincerity, so... It's the same thing.
6.) This one doesn't even rely on translation: In the Japanese version, Joe's Crest is called Sincerity (the English name for Mimi's), making those two kids' Crests very similar. But if you look at it as being sincere in action and not just words, you could call that honesty/loyalty/reliability, so it all kind of leads back.
7.) I Hope you understand the meaning of T.K.'s Crest! ((Haha, sorry, I just had to do it!)) It's not just hoping for things, it's also the idea of sharing and supporting the hopes of those around you.
8.) I know Light definitely doesn't sound like a value or principle! I'm pretty sure it's unanimous among the fanbase that Kari's Crest of Light basically symbolizes shining a light on others, or rather, giving of oneself to others, i.e., sacrifice. I really don't like what they did with that idea in the show, but if used in a healthy way, giving to others (not necessarily stuff but, you know, help, the time of day, a shoulder to cry on, etc.) is a very important value to have.
9.) Some people don't like to count the Crest of Kindness, because... reasons. Whatever, if you don't like it, don't choose it. I don't think I have to explain the value of kindness. Being nice is not the same as being kind. Sometimes you have to be harsh or cruel to be kind. Things aren't just simple black-and-white, and sometimes to be truly kind to your friends, you might even have to hurt their feelings.

But that all depends on your perspective, and I'm not fighting anyone on this, so if you want to take them at face value, go ahead and take them at face value. If you don't like the dub names, go ahead and call them by the Japanese names, just make sure you put the dub names in parentheses so you don't confuse people, and I'll be a happy noodle.

Digivolution

Coming soon....  

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:46 am
The Digivice

Upon entering the Digital World, you'll notice immediately (or eventually, depending on how quickly you notice things owo) that there is a string (or chain, whatever you want) hanging around your neck. And hanging on this string is an electronic device that fits neatly into your hand, with finger grips on the side and everything! This small contraption is called a Digivice, and will be your main tool in this world!

User Image
This is a picture of the Digivice that will be obtained by right-handed Tamers. The left-handed Digivice is like a mirror image! (If you're ambidextrous, just pick what hand you prefer to write with or just pick one)
User Image
This is the same one, only horizontal. Of course, you'll notice something different about it. That's because the sides of the Digivice can pop open a bit, revealing the edges of the screen, which hold several icons you can touch to open different programs and features. A lot of these features have to be unlocked, though! There will be a list of them below. Oh yes, and another small note: You can hold your Digivice either vertically or horizontally; the images on-screen will flip accordingly.
User Image
This is a vertical picture of the left-handed Digivice. As you can see, it has all the same buttons and stuff. Think of the two variations as twins. (Nyuk nyuk nyuk, V-pet reference)
User Image
And here is the left-handed one again, held horizontally. Don't worry, it opens and closes too! I just didn't draw it like that. Anyway, as you've no doubt seen in these four pictures, there are two small rings on the bottom. The Digivice will initially be in the form of a pendant by means of a string connected to these two rings, but if necklaces aren't your style, you can also attach a carabiner/keychain clip to one of them and attach it to a lanyard or a belt loop. There is also a belt clip on the back which rotates and locks, so you can simply clip the Digivice horizontally or vertically onto your belt or backpack strap or whatever you choose. So, you have lots of options there. Hey, variety is the spice of life! Then again, so is cider...

Features

The big button is the Confirm button, while the two on the other side is are Select and Cancel. You press select to go through options, and Cancel to.... cancel. XD

Menu Options - Closed:

Digimon Data - Tells you basic information about your partner. How old it is, how strong it is, its Attribute/Family/Type information, its weight, Happiness, Discipline, etc.

Tamer Data - This is your data. How long you've been in the Digital World, what Quests you've done or are working on, your medals, fishing records and Arena information... There might be other things added later, too...

Item - You can store up to ten items - and stack most items up to ten - inside your Digivice. Use this function to store things, or take out items you've already stored. I've heard there's a way to increase its storage capacities...

Radar - This makes the screen blank except for blinking dots that show where other Tamers are in close proximity to you, as long as they have their Digivices on them (though I would hope no one gets parted with something that important). I've heard there's a way to increase its signal strength-culu...

Link - There are tiny prongs on the top of the Digivice which can connect either to another Digivice to share Map or Analyzer data, or to connect to a computer to upload that data to a bigger screen, and also to add certain features either to the Digivice or computer. The computer has to be modified with a Digivice port first, though...

Menu Options - Open

Map - Shows a map of File Island, with detailed information of places that you've been to. The Radar works together with this function, but only at a close proximity. There are also ways to upgrade this and get maps of other places...

Digimon Analyzer - Analyzes the Digimon you encounter. If a Digivice links to a computer, you can see detailed information about all the Digimon that have been analyzed by it.

...I know there are a lot more features to get, but I'm not sure how you can get them, culu!

User Image

Here is a template for the right-handed Digivice that Kyla made because she's so awesome! You can save this and color it whatever color you like!
(Also, I took out the URL out of the IMG code because I never link to anyone's photobucket/stuff without permission.)

((Also, no, I haven't come up with a name for this Digivice yet.... Until then, we'll just call it the Digivice.))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 am
F.A.Q.

1. Do I have to watch/play any seasons/games of Digimon to understand this RP?
Heck no! This story isn't set in any of those universes. You can just jump right in!

2. Do I have to play as myself?
Nope! Only Tamers play as themselves (except in special circumstances). You can play an important Digimon or an NPC or something if you want. The help is always appreciated - I'll have a list of possible NPC's and other things in the Characters section. Keep in mind that just because you're playing yourself, doesn't mean you can't still play one of those.

3. How many Digimon can I have?
Just one. XD Don't worry, though, there'll be plenty of chances for alternate digivolution paths. Every Digimon has lots of life cycles - once one ends, its data is reconfigured, and it starts out as an egg again.

4. Do I get to pick which Digimon I recieve?
Of course, culu! That is, you get to pick the Fresh (also known as Baby) form of your Digimon. This will be done out of character, because in-character, it's actually the other way around. So, what I'd suggest is taking a long and careful look at potential digivolution routes of the Fresh Digimon you want to make sure that it's really the right one for you. Looking at the Tech lists won't hurt either!! Of course, you don't HAVE to do that if you don't want to - you could always just roll a dice or something to choose randomly if that's more to your liking, culu!

5. Why is there money? Do I have to worry about this?
Nope, not really! You'll have a small amount of Bits to begin with, and gain more with time - you don't have to say you have a certain number of it, just say "Yeah, I've got a little" or something. Honestly, the most common thing you'll be using Bits for is Vending Machines. Most other things are free or take something other than money.

6. Where do I even start? I'm so lost!
You were minding your business, wherever you were (I'm not making a setting for this, but you can in your background!) when you were engulfed in a bright light and zipped away to the Digital World, where you've fallen unconscious in a house occupied by Asura and Karina. You start roleplaying at the moment that you wake up there.

7. Do I really have to remember all this care mistake stuff? Can't I just go on an adventure?
You don't have to; just use your imagination and everything should work out fine! Adventuring is totally acceptable, just don't forget that your Digimon is a living being.

8. Do I keep my Digimon knowledge in this world? Like, do I still know about the show/games/etc.?
Yes! Whatever you knew about Digimon at the start date is still in your noggin! Just keep in mind that while File Island is similar to its portrayals in canon, the rest of the world is a lot different, so that knowledge is only going to take you so far!
Also, in this RP, nobody knows that the Digital World actually exists until they get there! Until then, you think it's just a TV show/video game/V-Pet/all that jazz.

9. WAIT A MINUTE! Where did all these fish come from? And what about the regular eggs that aren't Digi-Eggs? How did they get here if there aren't any non-Digimon birds to lay them??? And why are there vending machines all over the place, out in the open? None of this makes sense!!!
They come from data, like everything else in the Digital World, of course! ^_^
As for the Vending Machines, they're plugged into outlets. There are outlets everywhere, like on tree trunks and rock walls and everything. All the buildings that have electricity are plugged into huge ones, but all the others are regular-sized.

10. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Why aren't they Digimon then, instead of digital fish and digital eggs and things that shouldn't be there???
Dude, seriously, do you really want to question this? It's Digimon. If you really want to question it, ask Bandai and Toei, not me. XD

((I'll post more as they're asked!!))  

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:53 am
Links

Here are some links that I'm sure you'll find useful! ^_^

Digimon-related links:
Digital Monsters Almanac, the best Digimon resource I've ever found. Their pages usually take a second to load all the way - just a heads up!
Wikimon, the Digimon Wiki. It's also very helpful.
The Digimon Wikia, another useful site.
File Island, the best resource on the Digimon V-Pets that you're ever bound to find.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:58 am
Journal  

pumpkinlanding

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
KHBTD : Non-KH Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff