User Image
The black and white female had been staying close to the borders of the pride that she now called home. She was settling in nicely but the lioness very much wanted to help find more members bring them into the fold, and please the gods. Asenath knew that there were members of the pride who felt that she was coloured to darkly to be truly blessed by the gods, and what was worse was she was the one leading them. The lioness shook her head there was nothing she could do about it now, she would prove herself to them all in due time. Today she was going to help someone else though, someone who wouldn’t be a member of the pride, but they need direction just the same.

The pastel leopardess had been wondering around on her own once again. She had been more social lately than normal, she wasn’t sure how she felt about it just yet. Today well today she didn’t know what she was going to do. She had drifted away from her usual hang out and found herself moving into a land of snow. It was a funny feeling thing wet and cold all at the same time. She pushed her paws into it a little further and lifted it up to exam the white sticky stuff, she giggled at it a little she liked the feeling.

Asenath’s golden eyes scanned the distant horizon the one she was looking for was pale in colour and would blend in well with the snow but she was pretty sure she could see it coming her way now. She sat back on her haunches she would let the visitor come to her. It was amazing how fast Asenath had gotten use to the cold snow, it had been uncomfortable to sit in at first and Asenath had always felt cold but now it was just the norm how life always is, she did count her blessing of her dark coat at least when the sun was shining down on her she warmed up quickly.

Abitu was walking backwards now watching her foot prints being made in the snow as she went. She loved seeing a trail as she went, something that showed where she had been what she had done. It was a great feeling to see it. She continued on her backwards path until she finally stumbled into something…. actually make that someone. She grunted a little and turned, she was surprised to see a lioness sitting precisely where she had run into. Looking down at the snow she could even see the imprint of where she had landed. She shuffled up to her feet, “Oh my oh I am so sorry.” Abitu offered soft apologizes. She couldn’t be more embarrassed that she had made such an impactful first impression.

Asenath let out a laugh, she had seen the leopardess coming and had chosen not to get out of the way, this made their meeting much more comical and memorable. Asenath liked to be remembered so this all seemed perfect to her. “Not to worry my friend.” she said in her kinda soft voice. She shuffled over a little making room for the other lioness to take a seat next to her. “My name is Asenath.” She greeted the leopardess with a warm friendly tone. She wasn’t sure what she was suppose to do for the leopardess but she knew they were meant to meet.

User Image
Abitu sat down next to the lioness, she couldn’t believe how friendly she was so kind and warm even in such a cold harsh atmosphere, not to mention after being ran right into. “Asenath you are so kind my name is Abitu.” the leopardess told her with a smile. “Do you live out here?” Abitu asked looking around trying to see how someone could handle living in a place of snow and cold.

“I do live here.” Asenath answered with a smile, “Its not as cold and awful as you think. In fact there is a whole pride just beyond this ridge. Sure its run into some difficulties in the past, but its pulled itself together and now they are even stronger than ever before.” Asenath loved talking about her new home and the lions with in it. Suddenly it clicked in her head, “Thats why you are here you need to be told about prides.” Asenath said with a knowing smile.

Abitu looked over at the lioness her expression now full of confusion, sure the leopardess had been wondering about prides ever since she had met that other lioness, the angry one up in a tree. What Abitu didn’t know how Asenath would have any way of knowing that at al. It sent a creepy feeling down the leopardess’ spine. She shook her head and tried to figure out what she should do next.

“Prides, yes what do I need to know about them?” she finally asked unsure of what else there was to say to that remark. She shuffled her feet a little wondering what she was going to get as an answer. The lioness seemed to know the questions and the answers Abitu just hoped she would fill her in.

“You are meant to be in one, you will find the right fit after…” Asenath trailed off she knew what was in the leopardess’ future but she was fairly certain the leopardess wasn’t ready to hear it, not just yet. “Well after a few more things, you will know when it is right and you will fit in wonderfully.” She smiled, it wasn’t everything but it was all that the leopardess needed to hear.

Abitu just started at the lioness, she wasn’t sure if she should be mystified or scared. So she did the only thing that she could think of doing, she nodded. “Okay umm thanks.” she said with a gentle voice. She was happy to know that she would find a home, though she wondered if maybe the lioness was just randomly making things up, she decided she should remain hopeful though.

“So well my bum is getting sore, so I think I will be on my way.” Abitu said with a small voice, “Thank you for your um council.” she said. She offered a nod and smile before she rose to her feet and began to walk back the way she had come.

Asenath watched the leopardess leave a knowing smile still on her lips, she knew that she had confused the poor thing but all in due time it would make sense.