Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Favourite Video Games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like playing Video Games?
  Yes!
  No.
  Is that even a question?
  Once in a while.
View Results

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 am
I was just curious as to what video games you all are interested in!

Talk all you want about video games! (:

I'm fairly new to gaming myself, and was also wondering what games would you recommend for someone like me? I don't have much time to spare as of right now, but I do enjoy story-based games, fighting, classic games, etc.

Some games that I've played are: Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Alice, Alice Returns, Left4Dead, Halo, Okami Den, Hakuoki, Yoshi's New Island, PersonaQ, Donkey Kong Returns, etc. Those are some of the recent ones I've played/currently playing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:14 am
my fave genres are survivor horror/action adventure xd i'd recommend bioshock to anybody especially if you like story, same with fallout 3

ohhh you play a lot of different games
have you tried out king of fighters or blazblue? they're pretty fun fighters!  

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:35 pm
Snort Like A Pig
my fave genres are survivor horror/action adventure xd i'd recommend bioshock to anybody especially if you like story, same with fallout 3

A lot of people want me to play Bioshock. When I get the time, I definitely should. I got a lot of games for my 3DS for Christmas. Some of the games I got (that I didn't list already) are:
Adventure Time, Kid Icarus, 999, and Tales of the Abyss!

I do like different kinds of games! (:
I heard of Blazblue- what's it about again?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 pm
Starz-N-Madness
Snort Like A Pig

A lot of people want me to play Bioshock. When I get the time, I definitely should. I got a lot of games for my 3DS for Christmas. Some of the games I got (that I didn't list already) are:

ohhh i have a 3DS too but the only thing i have is animal crossing! i should probably branch out xd kid icarus looks like a lot of fun... i've never heard of 999 o: gahhh, i honestly couldn't tell you the plot of blazblue just that there are a lot of fun characters to choose from and they have pretty fun combos/moves xd it's not like street fighter or mortal kombat, it's more anime-ish xp

i hope you play bioshock soon it's def worth!  

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:41 pm
Snort Like A Pig
Starz-N-Madness
Snort Like A Pig

ohhh i have a 3DS too but the only thing i have is animal crossing! i should probably branch out xd kid icarus looks like a lot of fun... i've never heard of 999 o: gahhh, i honestly couldn't tell you the plot of blazblue just that there are a lot of fun characters to choose from and they have pretty fun combos/moves xd it's not like street fighter or mortal kombat, it's more anime-ish xp

i hope you play bioshock soon it's def worth!

Haha, ya I have a lot of games for the 3DS!

999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors. basically you only have 9 hours before you drown. it's filled with puzzles, music composition, and tons of obstacles. you have to do everything you can to escape!

Aww, when I do, I will let you know (:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:32 pm
Hi Stephanie,

I'm an old school video game player. I have played Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, and many Dungeon and Dragons type games.

Their are current new versions of Super Mario Brothers and I believe Zelda as well. Bioshock and Final Fantasy are also really good choices. Over the years Zelda, Bioshock, and Final Fantasy have been so popular that a lot of people have Cosplayed the characters!! I have taken a lot of photos of the cosplayers over the years. I love taking photos of Yuna from Final Fantasy and Princess Zelda a lot. Many of the Princess Zelda cosplayers look like real princesses.

If you like fighting Zombies try Resident Evil. I own all of the moves and their are many people that cosplay the girls from that horror series.

Hope this helps.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm
smithers456
Hi Stephanie,

I'm an old school video game player. I have played Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, and many Dungeon and Dragons type games.

Their are current new versions of Super Mario Brothers and I believe Zelda as well. Bioshock and Final Fantasy are also really good choices. Over the years Zelda, Bioshock, and Final Fantasy have been so popular that a lot of people have Cosplayed the characters!! I have taken a lot of photos of the cosplayers over the years. I love taking photos of Yuna from Final Fantasy and Princess Zelda a lot. Many of the Princess Zelda cosplayers look like real princesses.

If you like fighting Zombies try Resident Evil. I own all of the moves and their are many people that cosplay the girls from that horror series.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I'm an old school gamer as well and really enjoy the classics. I love Super Mario! So much fun! I'm also really big at Arcade Games.. whenever I go to the Arcade, I get super happy!

I made this thread so everyone could discuses video games =D I love hearing about them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:33 pm
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Hi Stephanie,

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I'm an old school gamer as well and really enjoy the classics. I love Super Mario! So much fun! I'm also really big at Arcade Games.. whenever I go to the Arcade, I get super happy!

I made this thread so everyone could discuses video games =D I love hearing about them.

Good Thread,

Yes, the next questionnaire for fun should be about Video Games. This is Mario's area of expertise. Right now it's hard to contact him so we will need to come up with something ourselves. We could either make it a multiple choice contest or a general Questionnaire like the one that you did for the first Questionnaire contest. You can set this one up when you have time to do it. I have a basic outline for my writing contest. When I get a full outline, instructions, and rules for the contest I'm going to send you the rough draft and let you do your magic to make it look good.

Bad news, My Aunt's condition got worse and she needs a miracle to get through this cancer. They started the surgery for her pancreas and had to stop because they noticed that it had spread to other organs. They had to remove part of her liver. Now they are going to let my aunt rest up and recover from this surgery and then move on to radiation treatments next week. They want the treatments to get rid some of the cancer so that when they do the next surgery they will have less to remove. My Aunt Jo is a very special lady who married my uncle just a few years ago. It's hard on the rest of my family because my aunt and uncle are in Boston. Boston is where my aunt's family lives.

I really hope and pray that this miracle happens and she is brought back to us.

That's it for now. Limited time as I mentioned before.

Take Care,
Ron

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 pm
smithers456

Good Thread,

Yes, the next questionnaire for fun should be about Video Games. This is Mario's area of expertise. Right now it's hard to contact him so we will need to come up with something ourselves. We could either make it a multiple choice contest or a general Questionnaire like the one that you did for the first Questionnaire contest. You can set this one up when you have time to do it. I have a basic outline for my writing contest. When I get a full outline, instructions, and rules for the contest I'm going to send you the rough draft and let you do your magic to make it look good.

Bad news, My Aunt's condition got worse and she needs a miracle to get through this cancer. They started the surgery for her pancreas and had to stop because they noticed that it had spread to other organs. They had to remove part of her liver. Now they are going to let my aunt rest up and recover from this surgery and then move on to radiation treatments next week. They want the treatments to get rid some of the cancer so that when they do the next surgery they will have less to remove. My Aunt Jo is a very special lady who married my uncle just a few years ago. It's hard on the rest of my family because my aunt and uncle are in Boston. Boston is where my aunt's family lives.

I really hope and pray that this miracle happens and she is brought back to us.

That's it for now. Limited time as I mentioned before.

Take Care,
Ron

Thank you (:

Okay, so we will hold off on the video game contest, for now, we need to come up with a fun questionnaire contest just for fun. I will brainstorm for now. Let me know when you have an outline of your contest- take your time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope while she is resting that she will feel a bit better. I know it must be a lot for her to go through, but I pray that once all of these theatments are completed, that she will get better. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games