This is a self-rp between my Cheza and Lume Flanco.
User Image User Image

Cheza ran. It was reminiscent of earlier that same week, when Cheza had been fleeing from that crazy lion that seemed to think she was his one true love or…well she didn’t know what. And he had tried to capture her, tried to kidnap her and lock her away. But Cheza had managed to escape, in her desperate flight, had quite literally ran into Dik. And, for a little while, she was happy. For a little while, Dik made her forget about the fact that Cheza was continuously being beat and chased off and heckled.
But now, all that was ruined. Romaleous had found her, and Cheza was sent fleeing yet again. And Dik…Cheza didn’t even want to think about what would happen to him. Dik had said he could fight, but the lion was so much bigger than he was, and so much stronger…
Cheza collapsed into a sobbing heap. What had she done to deserve this? What had she done to bring down the curses of the world upon her?
“Woah, hey there, chica. What’s with the tears, eh?” Cheza jumped and sprang away from the sound of the voice. A dark, lanky looking leopard came stalking out of the brush, his eyes wide with concern. On closer look, it seemed that the leopard was far too skinny and sleek to be pure blooded. Perhaps he was a hybrid? Bright, flame coloured wings adnored his sides. He certainly wasn’t in a fighting stance, but Cheza wasn’t in the mood for company.
“I’m fine.” She sniffed, turning away. She needed to keep moving.
Lume snorted, easily trotting alongside the lioness. “Please. No one running at break neck speeds takes a break to cry when they’re just fine.” Jeez. Women and their secrets. That, at least, Lume had retained some knowledge of. “Come on, what’s eatin’ ya? I ain’t got nowhere to be.” Which was true. Because even if Lume did have a home, he didn’t remember it.
Cheza tried to speed up, but the leotah kept pace with her without breaking into a pant. Definitely cheetah blood dominating there. The lioness stopped, wondering what she could say to get the male away from her. If she didn’t get far enough away, Romaleos would be able to catch up to her after he was finished with Dik. Oh, Dik…fresh tears came welling up into her eyes, making her throat choke up. Unable to breath properly and thus be able to run, Cheza stopped again.
“I…a male I liked…we had a problem come up. I had to leave him.” The lioness sniffed, wiping at her face with her paw.
The leotah nodded in understanding. “Ah. One of those ‘something on the side,’ problems, huh? Can’t say I’m surprised. Us males? We’re regular dogs.” Lume commented. He himself felt like much a free spirit. It was hard to imagine himself settling down with just one feline. But he knew that others preferred monogamy.
Cheza rolled her eyes. “No, nothing like that.” She shook her head, whispering, “He wouldn’t do that to me.” No, what was happening was far worse.
Lume sat down, his long thick tail curling around him. “Huh. Well then what’s sent you crying, huh? If he didn’t do anything wrong, why would you leave him?”
Cheza considered the question, unsure of how to answer. She didn’t want to go raving on about her troubles, especially not if Romaleos found this stranger and punished him for…oh, Cheza didn’t know what. But she didn’t want another innocent person being hurt by that crazed lunatic. “Something, happened. Someone came by who is preventing us from being together.”
“Oh! Family, huh? They not like their son being with a pretty lady like you?”
“Something like that.” Cheza nodded, biting her lip and trying to keep a brave face. She really needed to start running again.
“Well screw them, right?” Lume cried.
The female stared at him in confusion. “I’m sorry?”
“Screw them!” The leotah repeated. “Listen, I don’t know my family. I got no idea who they are or where they are.” Lume admitted. He was known to play this amnesia card to earn the affections of a lady now and then, but this time, Lume thought it had some real importance to it, a chance to provide real advice. “Got a nasty lump on the head, and now everything is blank. Feels like a part of a me is missing. And I gotta say, that feeling ain’t nice. So you know what I say? Screw his family. If you love him, and he makes you happy, then you go back and defend yourself to them!” He said passionately. “Better to fight for your happiness once you’ve found it then let it get away, right?”
Cheza stared at her paws, her mind racing. The leotah was right. Dik could be dying back there. He could already be dead. But he was willing to fight against Romaleos for her. Shouldn’t Cheza be willing to do the same? Dik had made her feel more happy then she ever had been in her entire life. If she wasn’t willing to put her paws down and defend that happiness, how could she ever expect to be happy? She would just be running from that shadow, that lion, for her entire her life.
The lioness looked back up and gave the male a smale smile. “Thank you. You’re right. I’ve got to fight for my chance with him.” Even if it meant dying in process. But if she didn’t fight now, she would never be happy again, not with Romaleos always on her tail. She turned back towards the direction she had run from, where Dik was fighting for his life, where Cheza would soon be doing the same. “I hope you find your family.”
Lume smiled. “I hope you get your man. See ya round, Chica.” The hybrid watched as Cheza took off in a sprint, head held high. It had felt good to help someone. To make them believe in themselves, to make them see their own abilities and strengths within them. Maybe there was something to that, an echo of his past life. If nothing else, it certainly felt right. It was strange, finding a puzzle piece of the life that continually eluded. But, if just talking to a stranger helped him to realize things about himself, maybe there was some hope after all.
Lume continued his way through the grass, on the search for something that still remained a mystery.

Word Count: 1086