Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:06 pm
User Image
Frozenlight was a list making machine. Something bad happen? Well she'd surely be telling herself in her head all the good things that had occurred recently--in list form of course. Unfortunately for the young wolf there had been a lack of good or bad as of late. Things in the pack had been quiet, almost too quiet, and thus she began her trek into the roguelands just for something interesting to do. Being a caretaker was a relatively sound position so long as there were new pups to take care of but alas, there weren't. Frozenlight stared out into the lush grass area that extended into her pack which was a few miles behind her. It was a relatively nice piece of land and the great thing about being in a pack meant that she didn't have to look for scraps and had been taught how to hunt. Granted, she rarely got to use those skills with her current position.

Frozenlight tilted her head in contemplation. "Not exactly hungry. It might be fun to chase around a rabbit or something though." She said softly to herself. "One benefit would be keeping my chasing skills up. Second, I could familiarize myself with the terrain further out." The wolf began to make her list of reasons why she should find a rabbit or other animal to chase after.

dovelybird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:20 pm
User ImageThere's a painful thing about lost hope that's difficult to put into words. Tume, for example, has no idea how long he's been wandering without sight, sound, or smell of his lost pack. That's how the universe works, isn't it? Something angers a god, and suddenly there's sand and wind and terror and pain, not being able to see your pack - your siblings, at that - only able to hear as they wander farther and farther away.

If he closes his eyes he can still see them vividly, Suklaa and Alauda, growing beside them, watching them play while he sat stubbornly on the sidelines, knowing that every second of their future was mapped out together. But now? Nothing. Where are they? Are they even alive? What about the rest of them?

He's so far gone that when he sees a brown tail, it doesn't matter that there's no spots on it. Maybe Alauda simply got his tail covered in dirt that matched his fur! Maybe there's a chance! Maybe...but no. As he approaches tentatively he finds a girl, at that, with a mask of color on her face. Tume pauses as he stares at her, then bows his head slightly. "Sorry if I'm intruding," he says softly. "You looked like...well. Someone I'm missing, I suppose."

~Kiana_Nala~

dovelybird

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 pm
Frozenlight was admittedly a bit startled when the male dog spoke to her because she had been too wrapped up in her list making. She turned herself to face him full on, aware that he could possibly be a threat but willing to give him the chance despite this, and returned the bow with a slightly awkward one of her own. "Umm. . . That's alright." Her yellow-orange eyes roamed over his coat in a very obvious manner. "Are you looking for someone in particular?" She continued. I wonder if he is also a cousin of mine. She thought to herself as she noted the spots on his face, noting how they were similar to the distant relatives she had found in the pack.

Unknowingly like Tume, Frozenlight had stumbled upon her pack when she had gotten separated from her parents and siblings after their old pack had fallen apart. In her wanderings she came here and found that some distant cousins of hers had started up a new pack and seeing as how she had been to young to really survive out in the roguelands on her own she had been allowed to join them. "Are we related? Is that why you're wandering this close to the pack lands? Frozenlight questioned without considering how her words may be taken. Curiosity always won out with her.

dovelybird

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 am
~Kiana_Nala~

The dog's bright eyes are a little fascinating, honestly, and Tume stares at them a little longer than he should. Perhaps it's fortunate that she's letting them roam all over his coat so she doesn't see his own staring, though when he notes how closely she's looking at him he shifts, stiffening slightly. What is it she's hoping to see? He twitches his tail a few times. "My...well, my pack. I've lost...track of them." That's a kind way to put it, at least. He's told his story to what feels like an endless number of wild dogs now as he looks for them, and the exhaustion from it is starting to sting.

When she asks if they're related he stiffens even further, even snorting. "What? No, I don't think so, I..." It just brings the sting back even sharper, and Tume sits down with a sigh, staring off to the sigh for a long moment. "Not as far as I know, at least. My family all stayed rather close to my pack, and I only have two siblings. No cousins that I'm aware of yet." Yes, there was a reason he, his brother, and his sister were picked to lead the pack next, namely because no other heirs had been born from the others in charge. The fact that they were born a triad, as the goddess decreed the rulers should be, had only cemented their claim. "Forgive me. I wasn't aware your packlands were so close. I can leave, if you'd prefer." Though in all honesty he's exhausted. Such wandering...it's taken a toll on his body, and he'd rather sit and rest for at least a few minutes than be driven away like a common rogue.

dovelybird

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff