Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 pm
User Image

Being a healer didn't have to mean healing lions ONLY in the pride lands, that much Ermey was sure of. His mother had always raised him to want to help others, and while he wasn't as strong as his leopon mother and brother, he still had that hero spirit inside of him.

What he lacked in strength he made up for in other ways. Namely, his ability to help soothe those in need and his knowledge of medical herbs.

So that was the skill he made sure to use as often as possible. Whenever someone was in need. Today, he had left the pride lands for the time being, as they were always well cared for by the other healers of the pride, in search of beings that might need his help out in the rogue lands. It wasn't something he was used to, being away from home, but he felt he had a good reason for leaving. And it wasn't like he was going to stay gone.

The urge to explore and help those in need had just been too strong for him to ignore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:55 pm
User Image

Ria swiped her large pink tongue across her jaws, equally pink with a maroon stripe, as she swallowed the last shreds of a rabbit. She had savored the meal more than she usually would have - rabbits weren't really a delicacy, but this one had been difficult to catch.

The patched wild dog struggled to her paws, wincing as she put weight on her left hind leg. Not a day earlier, Ria had a slight altercation with a honey badger over shelter. The bite wasn't terrible - more of a warning than to actually inflict damage - but it hurt nonetheless. She doubted she'd be able to walk normally for a week or so.

Limping forward, Ria sniffed at the air, searching for the scent of water and drawing in something much different. You've got to be kidding me, she thought to herself. She was hardly prepared to deal with any more stress.

Cajanic

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 am
Ermey stopped dead when a familiar scent filled his nostrils- blood. Was someone hurt, or had a kill for food been made? It was difficult to know when someone needed help, and when they were just being used for food. Sometimes, being a lion was very conflicting. The same animals he would help tend to also served to feed him from time to time.

Still, he wouldn't let anyone suffer needlessly. If they were hurt and suffering, then he would help. It didn't matter if they were also nommy noms.

He followed the scent towards what looked like the fresh carcase of a rabbit, where a wild dog wasn't too far away. He thought that explained the smell, but then he noticed the wound on her leg. Frowning, the lion bowed his head in greeting, trying not to look like he wanted to attack her.

"Hello," he offered gently, "are you alright? You seem to be injured. I would like to help you, if I can."

Rennekae

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:49 pm
A part of Ria wanted to snap that she didn't need help, just because she was a female didn't mean she needed to be rescued, and who did he think he was anyway? Biting her tongue - figuratively, of course - Ria flattened her ears, realizing that it might actually be a good idea to accept some assistance. The wound did hurt a lot, and if she paid attention, she could feel some heat that may or may not be the first signs of infection.

"I... may be in more trouble than I'd like to admit," she gave in reluctantly. She gently waggled her injured paw. "I don't think it's too bad now, but if it gets infected.. Solo life is difficult as is."

As quickly as she had been offended, her heart softened to the gray lion. He was young, and friendly - maybe a bit naive to be heading toward the scent of injury. A sweet creature. She felt a little guilty for assuming he was sexist, when he was only trying to help.
Cajanic

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:15 pm
Ermey nodded, glad she was willing to speak to him and not get huffy about needing help. He had met many animals, mainly male lions who were larger than him, who didn't take kindly to him asking if they needed help with whatever was bothering them. He understood, he supposed, but he liked it much more when he didn't have to convince someone that they needed help.

"I understand," Ermey said with a nod, "I wouldn't want it getting infected, either. I'm Ermey, by the way." He smiled as he moved a little closer to the wild dog, examining the injury on her leg.

"I think if we clean it I can find some herbs that will keep it from getting bad," he offered lightly, "I know they grow around here somewhere."

He smiled at her warmly, happy that she was letting him help. Or rather, happy that he felt he might actually be of help in the first place. There was a lot of problems that he simply couldn't do anything about. It was nice not feeling completely useless.
Rennekae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:27 pm
"Nice to meet you, Ermey. I'm Ria." she offered with a smile, slightly tense from a fresh wave of pain. "I've been washing it regularly, especially if anything gets in it. But I can't say I've done anything other than give it a good tongue-wash."

She hobbled a little closer to the lion, partially to indicate she would follow if he were to suggest it and a little bit because she was hoping to lean on him if they did need to walk. She was curious to see what herbs would be used to prevent infection. It might be useful future knowledge.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items