Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Final Fantasy Fan and Video Game Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:54 pm
smithers456
KayaLing
Anyone excited for Final Fantasy XV?

Kaya can you tell us more about the basic story line and plot for Final Fantasy XV if you know about it.

I've watched Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood (episode 6/extended cutscenes with Luna is missing from official playlist though). I'm also in Chapter 3 of the game itself. I shall try my best to tell you more about the basic story line for Final Fantasy XV without telling any spoilers, of course. ^^;;

I wouldn't recommend people to look at the Wikipedia of FFXV because vital spoilers of certain cutscenes are in it. Any links that I provide in this post are general knowledge and are safe from spoilers.

gaia_crown From official website of FFXV:
- Explains general plot of game and character profiles

Quote:
"Enroute to wed his fiancée Luna on a road trip with his best friends, Prince Noctis is advised by news reports that his homeland has been invaded and taken over under the false pretense of a peace treaty – and that he, his loved one and his father King Regis, have been slain at the hands of the enemy.

To gather the strength needed to uncover the truth and reclaim his homeland, Noctis and his loyal companions must overcome a series of challenges in a spectacular open world - that is filled with larger-than-life creatures, amazing wonders, diverse cultures and treacherous foes."

gaia_crown Official YouTube video of Final Fantasy XV – 101 Trailer Extended Cut (EU Version):
- Explains general story, gameplay, and character profiles

gaia_crown Platinum Demo - FFXV (a demo game to get a free Carbuncle DLC for actual game):
- Occurs after kid Noctis almost dies from a monster attack (as seen in FFXV: Brotherhood)
- Occurs during the time when kid Noctis is in a coma from that monster attack

gaia_crown Kingsglaive: FFXV:
- Focuses on what happens to King Regis and the Crown City of Lucis, Insomnia, while Noctis and his friends go on their bro-trip
- Some scenes from this movie are seen in cutscenes of the game

gaia_crown FFXV: Brotherhood:
- Focuses on how Noctis met Prompto, Gladiolus, and Ignis
- Focuses on the friendship/brotherhood of the Chocobros (Noctis, Prompto, Gladiolus, Ignis)
- Non-flashbacks occur during their bro-trip

gaia_crown Most Important Characters:
- Noctis Lucis Caelum (Noct) - He's the 20 year old Crown Prince of Lucis. He likes to fish. He uses any weapon (swords, daggers, guns, and machinery) to fight.
- Prompto Argentum - He's the 20 year old best friend of Noctis. He is the commoner of the Chocobro group. He likes to take pictures. He uses guns to fight.
- Gladiolus Amicitia (Gladio) - He's the 23 year old childhood friend and the bodyguard of Noctis. His family has been the King's/Prince's shield for generations. He's also the older brother of Iris. He likes the outdoors. He uses swords and shields to fight.
- Ignis Scientia (Iggy; Specs) - He's the 22 year old childhood friend and the strategist/advisor of Noctis. He likes to cook. He also drives their Chocobro party around in the game unless player manually drives as Noctis. He uses daggers and spears to fight.
- Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII- He's the 50 year old father of Noctis. He's also the CXIII King of Lucis. He looks older than 50 because it's a side effect from using the Ring of the Lucii (channels power of Insomnia's Crystal) and creating the magical barrier around Insomnia. He uses swords to fight.
- Lunafreya Nox Fleuret (Luna) - She's the 24 year old fiancée of Noctis. She's also the Princess of Tenebrae and an Oracle. She uses a trident to fight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm
I've been playing XV, and I'm almost at the endgame; I'm just going back and taking care of sidequests and hunts before I tackle the finale.

Oh, how I want to splurge and the the Season Pass DLC, but I really just want the one that enables the New Game+ mode...

edit: also, I want to punch Ardyn in the face SO hard.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17 pm
OnsenMark
I've been playing XV, and I'm almost at the endgame; I'm just going back and taking care of sidequests and hunts before I tackle the finale.

Oh, how I want to splurge and the the Season Pass DLC, but I really just want the one that enables the New Game+ mode...

edit: also, I want to punch Ardyn in the face SO hard.

Nice! biggrin I've just binge played 6 Chapters Wednesday during these past 2 weeks. I'm finally on Chapter 9. I wanted to be in the right spot for the Moogle Chocobo Carnival because initially, I wasn't sure if I would have access to it, if I wasn't in the correct location in the game. But I guess it doesn't matter now since you can access carnival no matter where you are in the game, right? XD

At the beginning, I was taking my time, but that carnival now has motivated me to not slowly play the game. Lol.

I've already got my Season Pass, so I'm already to go for all DLC stuff! ^^

Oh, same here! Ardyn is such a poo head! scream stressed evil He's a good villain, but I still don't like him for what he has done. Technically, I'm not at the part yet where stuff really happens. However, I spoiled myself from watching gameplay/cutscenes, regarding Luna, Prompto, and ending though. Normally, I don't mind spoilers, but this time, it has actually taken a emotional toll on me. I am NOT emotionally ready for the end. ;_;

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:11 am
So, I've gotten into FF XIV because of the ongoing free trial.

I really like it.

A lot.

Right now, I'm wondering how far into ARR I'm in on my main so I can find out how close I am to the Heavensward content. /r/ dragoon, plz  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:29 pm
Yeah, so about FF XIV...

I bought the retail version.

With Heavensward and Stormblood.

And 60 days of game time, which I know I'll reup at some point.

AND I just bought the Songbird outfit for my main on Exodus(because her name is Freyja Wion and WALKURE IS AWESOME OKAY).

Yeah, I think I like this game.

Also, I wanna get the new DLC for XV at some point. I totally want the Ardyn scenario.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:40 pm
Still playing FF XIV. Shadowbringers is easily the best expac yet.

But that, FF7 Remake, though...  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points