OOC: Set not long after this RP. Also, this RP's title is gibberish

As the sun prepared to set, the band of Stormborn stopped to make camp. The area was lightly wooded, with plants growing in between the trees here and there. As Vali walked amid them, he was intrigued by a lot of them. He knew there were a few lions back home who'd like to see these... If only he could bring them back with him. As he explored away from the settling group, he became aware of a known toxic plant... Growing in abundance. He started to sniff it, then thought better of it. The question he had, though, was... Why was it doing that? As he looked around, he became aware of a tuft of green hair attached to a black tail dangling from a tree. He looked up... And then shrank down in surprise. "Beard of Thor...!"

Tangled up in some of his own vines, Datura hadn't noticed anybody approach. In fact, the young god was just plain napping. Any ants on the tree didn't bother him, possibly because even they could tell he was something not of the average mortal being. He stretched, letting out a mighty yawn, his long rabbit-like ears folding back momentarily. Somebody was near his napping spot... When he looked down, his ears pricked up and a grin spread across his face. "Nae, not Thor, Datura!" He rolled over off the branch, shocking the mortal below into thinking he was going to crash. Instead, he tucked his legs up and floated, before stretching a limb out and shoving himself off from the tree, drifting down to the lion. "Ye may be wantin' t' get away from those plants, lad, you'll likely find yerself itchin' somethin' fierce if'n ye touch'em."

He looked at the plant, then jumped away. "Oh! Um..." He eyed the creature that was rather obviously a god. "What are you the god of?" It hadn't taken him much guesswork, really... "And... Do you have any children? Because there's this lion back home, who had cubs... And one of them came out the same green as your mane... It made me wonder, when I saw that green, if you're his dad..." Oh, gods, he was rambling to a god... It probably thought he was a nut-case at best, a bother at worst.

Datura sat down, tilting his head. "No, can't say that I have a son. Or a daughter. I've not yet had physical pleasures like THAT with anybody." He then got up, as the plants continued to creep, and ushered the mortal lion. "We best be gettin' away from these. I'm afraid I have that effect on poisonous plants, as that be my domain, and while it doesn't bother ME, I know it'll be botherin' you soon enough." He didn't float this time, simply walked. He didn't ALWAYS float... He just liked to do it more than walking. A bird fluttered from a near-by tree and settled on his head, nestling in his mane with a happy chirp. The god smiled at her, then looked at the mortal. "What's yer name, lad?"

Poisonous plants... Well, that explained the creeping vines. Vali watched the bird, noting the black and green feathers. She was a pretty bird... Literally. She also matched the lion nicely, even if she wasn't the same shades of black and green. "I am Vali, a Reaver of the Stormborn." He puffed his chest, lifting his head with pride. The wind shifted, puffing his mane a bit with it. It was good to be a Stormborn! He then shifted his gaze back to the god as they walked. "What were you doing in that tree? I thought gods didn't sleep..." It felt like such a MORTAL thing to do, sleeping... The same applied to eating.

He gave a wave of his paw. "Nah, we don't NEED to sleep... Or eat. We just do it because we like to." He grinned. "Me da's fond'a fruits. Loves t' eat the right sweet ones! They're his favorite! So, if'n ye ever find yerself on the bad side of the God of the Cursed, try offerin' him up a fruit'a some sort. Should put a smile on his sour face!" It brought a smile to his OWN face to think about it. Of course, that wasn't hard to do. Datura smiled about a LOT of things. Sometimes he smiled about nothing at all. And sometimes he ate the right mushroom and never seemed to STOP smiling. Suddenly he wondered where some of those mushrooms had gotten off to... He kinda wanted one right now. "If'n ye let me, I might be findin' ya one'a me favorite mushrooms to nibble on..."

He felt like what the god was suggestion was of questionable legality in a LOT of prides... Even some of the more relaxed ones. It made him cringe and shy away just a bit, ears folded back into his dark grey mane. "No, that's... Quite alright..." He didn't know what those mushrooms did, but he didn't want to find out. For all he knew, he'd end up like that one crazed priestess, Susu. Being the sister of the Reaver he was shadowing did nothing to make him any more likely to want to be around her. In fact, he was now wonering if he should be around this god! He opted to change the subject. "So... What's with the bird in your hair?"

"Hm?" He rolled his eyes upward slightly, looking at the bird all but nesting in his hair. "Oh, Angouri? She's me constant companion!" He grinned. "I've turned int' a bird a few times t' fly like she does, tis quite fun!" He smiled, wiggling his ears as the bird let out happy trills. He quite liked her! "And what about you, lad? Ye got any companion animals ye keep around?"

The Stormborn frowned, shaking his head. "No... Not yet, at least. I've seen a few lions around with birds, though. And since we came out here into the lands beyond our borders, I've seen lions with things besides birds. Rabbits, klippspringers, jackals, giant jackals with long legs and manes down their necks... Waterbucks..." How could one keep a prey animal as a companion? It boggled his mind that they didn't consider EATING the things. What if he kept an elephant? Others would avoid him lik the plague! The same applied if he had a buffalo companion!

Datura chuckled. "Well, you'll find yerself somethin' that fits event'ly! But, fer now..." He pointed to a group of lions, sleeping or falling asleep in the growing dark. "I think ye best be gettin' back t' yer group, aye?" Before Vali could say anything else, the god winked at him, crouched, then jumped into the air, shoving off the earth itself to fly up into the sky.

Vali stood a moment, watching him go, then looked back to the group. Maybe this was a before-bed hallucination... He didn't know. He went over and found a spot, settling down and soon falling asleep.