Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Taking a Break (Pintala/Safi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 pm
User ImagePinta groaned slightly, having come to a full stop. She'd been traveling for two weeks now, trying to follow the trail of her runaway brother. Her mother was following behind at a much slower pace, about two or three days away, but Pinta was leaving clues and markers for her mother to follow. Right now though, the young female needed to focus on trying to follow her brothers tracks.
But her legs were so tired and her paws ached. The family was used to traveling , but not at such a quick pace. All the leopard wanted to do was sit down and rest for a little while. Surely that would be alright. The afternoon sun was giving way to evening, the heat of the day beginning to cool off. Normally, with the family's dark pelts, they traveled solely at night to avoid the sun, but this particular instance had prevented that.
There was a cluster of three trees just a little ways away. Pinta trudged towards them, paws dragging slightly. She began to hum to herself, a sweet tune that mimicked the morning songbirds. Pinta enjoyed singing. She was good at it, even if her mother didn't fully appreciate the talent.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:04 pm
The Captain Britain

Safi was up a creek without a paddle.

Every litter he'd ever had somehow backfired and he ended up raising all of the cubs. It wasn't as if he didn't love them; but it was hard. He was a traveler by trade, a roamer, and to be stuck watching children...it had itched. At least at the time his sister and her mate had been there to help him raise them. Now that they had gotten into a fight he was on his own. With two daughters, by two different females.

At least Laini was old enough now to babysit her little sister while he hunted. She even found it fun. Daddy's little helper. Seeing how proud she was to help just put a smile on his face.

The sun had been warm on his fur, and burned through it like fire. He felt the skin under the fur beginning to scald. Even huddled up under the trees as he was, he could still feel the suns sting. Then he heard the tune. At first he had assumed he was going crazy, but it had persisted. Safi looked for the source, and found a dark leopardess with bright markings. The rainbow coloration reminded him of Laini.

"You've a lovely voice, miss."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:56 pm
Painted Moose

Pinta jumped. Oh no. Oh dear. She was so tired that she was starting to hallucinate! Oh man, her brother would have made so much fun of her.
But wait, no, under the trees there was a white lump. It was a lion! A rather small lion, with a rather small. Perhaps he was young. Pinta giggled to herself and at the compliment. Hallucinating. Yeah right.
"Why thank you, sir." She bobbed her head, stopping at the farthest tree. Now that she was closer, The female could see the stranger's tail, fluffy and without a tuft. Not very lion-like at all. His small mane, and the shape of his body...he was a hybrid, just like her brother! Well, Lume was a cross of a cheetah and leopard, but the simple fact had her heart aching a little bit. "It's not very often I get complimented on my singing." Pinta admitted shyly. It was true. Usually her brother was the only one who supported her hobby, and he had to go off running about the savanna just because of an argument with their mother.
"I don't suppose I could trouble you for some of that shade? I've been traveling all day and I could use a bit of a break." Pinta was sure her mother would be all compliments about Pinta's manners though. Never an excuse to be rude to a stranger, she'd say.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:02 am
The Captain Britain

Maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all? This one seemed jumpier than most of the leopardesses he knew; granted, they were all related to him and snappier than the last. "Sir? Now, there's no need in that. I'd like to think I'm not old enough for that sort of formality and I'm no where near gallant enough for the title." He smiled easily.

Her admission had him stumped. She was jumpy, polite, and modest? "...You remind me a lot of my niece. My family is nothing, but warriors and she is the lone healer. It makes her anxious to do her work in front of the others for fear of being mocked." Looking at her, he tilted his head. "Not that you would be in your family. It's just your reactions...they don't befit someone with a natural talent."

Safi moved to give her a prime shady spot, although his new spot was hardly in direct sunlight. "Come come, have a rest. I'm just borrowing the shade myself so I can hardly claim it."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:58 am
Painted Moose

Pinta felt her ears heat up as she sat down next the stranger, paws crossing in front of her. Being complimented by someone else was quite thrilling. The male was right. Her mother and brother would never make fun of her for being a better singer than a dancer, but it still felt like she was a bit of a failure for not being able to continue the family tradition.
"Warriors? My family is quite the opposite. My brother is the only fighter, and Mama gets terribly cross with him when he comes back all scuffed up." It had been the source of the big argument that had sent her brother running.
She gave the male a coy smile. "Well then. If I can't call you sir, then what should I be calling you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:15 am
The Captain Britain

"Warriors." He nodded, "though, we've been known to trade our skills for favors and goods." Mercenaries, in truth, but it worked out. It was what kept them fed and gave their cubs what they needed to grow.

"Ah, see, that's any mother." Safi chuckled. "My own gets upset when I come back roughed up. The worries of a parent, though I can understand why your mother would find it so upsetting, if your family doesn't practice fighting as an every day thing."

Oh now, that smile was much better. It brought out a little saucy grin from Safi. "Safi. And now that you know my name, might I know yours? I would know the name of such an enchanting leopardess that would grace my day with her song."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:46 am
Painted Moose
I just finished Pinta's other RP, so once that's logged she will be ready to go for the breeding!

Trading fighting techniques for favors and goods? Well, at least that made using their warrior abilities worthwhile. All her brother was ever known to do was pick fights for fun. Maybe if Lume had been putting his skills to better use, their mother wouldn't be so angry with him all the time. To be honest, neither would Pinta.
"No, no. Not fighting practice. Mother does hate violence. We come from a long line of entertainers. Dancers, mostly. But I've never been the best dancer. I could never get past the basics." The young female sighed. "As you heard, I'm more of a singer." If only Rio would finally see that singing could accompany dancing quite nicely like her brother could. Her mother was quite the traditionalist in that way. Another reason to make sure Lume came home.
"Enchanting? Oh, I'm not sure I'm the one who is doing the enchanting." Pinta giggled. It was so nice to meet a male with polite manners. The singer was so used to her fiery, hot-shot brother and his strange friends that she would sometimes run in to. Safi was quite the breath of fresh air. "My name is Pinta."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm
The Captain Britain

"Singing is just as important as dancing, don't you think? How is a dancer to dance without the right music to move to?" Entertainers, hmm? A few of his own offspring might have liked such a life. Safi couldn't say that he didn't enjoy it himself. There was just something peaceful about hearing just the right music and seeing the way a dancer twists, as if they were pulled by the wind itself.

"Pinta." Safi smiled, "Petite, sweet to the ear and cute. Like you." Laughing a little, he stretched and sat up languidly. For all intensive purposes he looked much like a larger leopard with a mane. So very little of his father's lion genetics had passed on, which had been a worry at one time, but now Safi was glad for it. At least he could climb easier than his siblings. "Do you wish me to stop admiring you then, Pinta?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:09 pm
Painted Moose

Pinta smiled. She'd had more compliments about her singing in this one evening than she'd ever had her entire life. And come to think of it, Safi was right. Her brother had sometimes mentioned that he enjoyed dancing to her voice, but Pinta had never considered it as a way to enhance dancing. Maybe, once the family was back together and all was well and good once more, her mother would change her mind about such things.
Pinta gave the leopon a coy look. "Oh, come now. You stop that." The singer's face was exaggeratedly offended. "It isn't right to tease a lady like that, you know." She informed him, tail flicking back and forth in playfulness. "Besides, the sun is setting and night will be upon us soon enough. What if I end up all alone and some unsavory character comes by, hm? What would happen then?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:15 pm
The Captain Britain

Safi just laughed. "I would ask for your forgiveness, sweet Pinta, but I find that I am totally justified in my actions. If I didn't pay proper homage to such a lady, wouldn't that be worse than teasing?" She was such a sweet little thing, one that held just enough bite to peek his interest. It was so refreshing considering just how formidable all the females in his family could be.

"Well, we can't have that, now can we? I could either take you to shelter and leave you, like a proper gentleman...or if you would have me, I could stay to make sure nothing unsavory comes to harm you." It was brazen, he knew it, but Safi didn't really much care.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am
Painted Moose
I'm good to call this finished if you are.

The singer raised an eyebrow. She really had just been teasing back. But after being on the road for so long, and being so very alone these past few weeks, it would be nice to have some...company for once. And he had been such a gentleman. Plus, it wasn't as if her brother's trail had gone cold. There were still plenty of tracks and lingering scents to follow. Pinta could take a break, couldn't she? In truth, if she didn't take a break, she would have a bit of a hard time keeping up this wild leotah chase.
"I think I would like that very much. It's not very often some chivalrous gentleman offers his company." Pinta answered with a smile. Besides, what possible harm could come of it?  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games