Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
RP Discussion and Poll

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you want?
No new system
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Time skip to new system and new part of rp
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
play out event and then new system
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
We have a Rp?
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:35 am
Ok guys so wee are trying to kickstart the rp back to life and we had some questions for ya'll.

1. Do you like the current system or would you like to return to a more relax system possbly without exp and less limits on Digivolution and team?

2. If so would you like to and would you participate in member run Digi clubs within the Rp (these could have their own rule and regulations as well as a ranking system all of which would be up to the club leaders as long as they are approved by rp mods)

3. Any opinions on where this Rp should go, should we do our currently planned arc and see if we can survive it (kind of afraid a long arc will kill the rp) would it be better to do a bit of a time skip past the arc and give an explination of what happened? this would allow you to build a little back story of what you did during that time and could move us into a new era. We could also while we were moving forward in the new timeline have a side rp to do the event. so you. ould possibly do both at the same time just remembering one is the past. I dont care either way.

4. Any ideas or changes you might have ( not the teir list rules U think have been agreed on, we are just waiting to bring them in until we make the change.)

Thank you ahead of time for you input, sorry we keep changing the rp, I think i pushed to over complicte it and it didnt really help, hopefully as a team we can fix that! Just post your answers or opinions below, thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:06 am
My opinion is that we keep everything as it is right now.

I have many reasons for this, but the most important one is because the current system promotes moderation.

The point of restarting the RP is for everyone to have a clean start again. From what I remember and from what I've heard in the past, the former RP was all over the place. You had tamers with 6+ mega level digimon walking around, cities being torn to pieces by ONE digimon, and no real control or idea about where everyone was going. I was only a part of that for a small amount of time and I ended up just doing my own thing and ignoring everyone else because it was easier to just RP my own story then follow whatever over the top thing that was happening.

I'm not saying that now there wouldn't be any control over that, but the reason I personally enjoy the current system is because I like structure. I like having to "level up", complete missions, and earn my digimon's digivolution stages along with other digivolution options. It really gives that RPG feeling and having the freedom to create our missions makes it even better because its not a main story that I'm following, its the story that I am creating for my character.

You guys already changed the RP system once to make it easier and less complicated, but I really think that the way the RP system is now is just fine. If you guys give a more "relax" system then its just going to turn to chaos again.

The only reason this RP system feels like its failing is not because the mechanics are complicated (they're not, they're simple and easy to understand). The main reason is the inactivity of the RP mods when they put out a DRF official mission. The players grow bored when waiting weeks, close to months for the next update on a group mission. Looking over the past official missions, its easy to see this pattern of endless waiting even when the mission is close to completion.

I don't know if you guys have received complains about the RP system, but this is just what I have noticed/experienced with the current RP. I understand that RP mods have their own lives, but the reason we have more than one RP mod is because the others should be able to pick up the slack in case one RP mod can't make it.

So I believe the only problem is time management (a struggle for everyone, myself included). Changing the current RP system is not going to fix this problem and I'm afraid that giving players TOO much freedom will just return us to the times of the old RP.

I don't want there to be a time skip either. I didn't come to RP to read about the events that happened (this isn't a history class). I want to experience these events, have my character participate and not just push the arc aside when it has barely even started.

Well this is my honest opinion about the RP. Please don't change it again and instead focus on keeping a continuing flow so that players won't feel like they're stuck.

If anything needs to be added I would say that maybe the inclusion of Warp Digivolution or Slide Digivolution with some restrictions like maybe you can only slide digivolve once per battle or the most levels you can skip when warp digivolving is two like Rookie => Ultimate but not Rookie => Mega.

Anyways, I hope this helps in some way =D sorry for the wall of text ^^;  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:59 am
Shadow of Miracles
My opinion is that we keep everything as it is right now.

I have many reasons for this, but the most important one is because the current system promotes moderation.

The point of restarting the RP is for everyone to have a clean start again. From what I remember and from what I've heard in the past, the former RP was all over the place. You had tamers with 6+ mega level digimon walking around, cities being torn to pieces by ONE digimon, and no real control or idea about where everyone was going. I was only a part of that for a small amount of time and I ended up just doing my own thing and ignoring everyone else because it was easier to just RP my own story then follow whatever over the top thing that was happening.

I'm not saying that now there wouldn't be any control over that, but the reason I personally enjoy the current system is because I like structure. I like having to "level up", complete missions, and earn my digimon's digivolution stages along with other digivolution options. It really gives that RPG feeling and having the freedom to create our missions makes it even better because its not a main story that I'm following, its the story that I am creating for my character.

You guys already changed the RP system once to make it easier and less complicated, but I really think that the way the RP system is now is just fine. If you guys give a more "relax" system then its just going to turn to chaos again.

The only reason this RP system feels like its failing is not because the mechanics are complicated (they're not, they're simple and easy to understand). The main reason is the inactivity of the RP mods when they put out a DRF official mission. The players grow bored when waiting weeks, close to months for the next update on a group mission. Looking over the past official missions, its easy to see this pattern of endless waiting even when the mission is close to completion.

I don't know if you guys have received complains about the RP system, but this is just what I have noticed/experienced with the current RP. I understand that RP mods have their own lives, but the reason we have more than one RP mod is because the others should be able to pick up the slack in case one RP mod can't make it.

So I believe the only problem is time management (a struggle for everyone, myself included). Changing the current RP system is not going to fix this problem and I'm afraid that giving players TOO much freedom will just return us to the times of the old RP.

I don't want there to be a time skip either. I didn't come to RP to read about the events that happened (this isn't a history class). I want to experience these events, have my character participate and not just push the arc aside when it has barely even started.

Well this is my honest opinion about the RP. Please don't change it again and instead focus on keeping a continuing flow so that players won't feel like they're stuck.

If anything needs to be added I would say that maybe the inclusion of Warp Digivolution or Slide Digivolution with some restrictions like maybe you can only slide digivolve once per battle or the most levels you can skip when warp digivolving is two like Rookie => Ultimate but not Rookie => Mega.

Anyways, I hope this helps in some way =D sorry for the wall of text ^^;

Thanks for the response and your opinion. I agree that it's not overly complicated and that we haven't always done the best job of keeping up with it (I'm personally really good at going out of town when my events start haha not sure why) We hope to fix this in the future but who knows. Somethings will be changing for sure to give a little more freedom but not necessarily the rank system.

I think our main reason for thinking about changing things right now or time skipping would be to try and get people active in the rp again. But of course this doesn't need to be done if ya'll don't want it especially now that the Young Lions Tourney is over.

Basically i think it's time for a "you don't need to sign up for it, but this is the mission" mission. Something that effects everyone but you only have to rp if you want to. We have a few things in mind so we'll probably work towards that as long as people are still rping.

Anyways I look forward to working toward the best solution with you and the other members of DTI!

Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games