Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 am
User Image
Moma and Qara

Gren sat, head tilted up so that she could peer at the branch hanging low over her head. Perched on the gnarled bark was a pair of ravens; a male and a female. The former was croaking with amusement, letting his wings droop as he emitted that harsh, grating sound. The other simply looked on, blinking.

"Still no word?" Gren asked gruffly, wrinkling her snout.

"No. No. Shadows come and shadows go. None of them are for you."

With a low growl, the lioness shook her head. She did not understand. The artifacts were in their possession and under the care of their leader. Word had surely been sent and yet, there was nothing back? Had something happened? Was the Great One not pleased by what she had done? She tried to mull over her orders – that seemed to have been given so long ago now – and could not understand what would take so long. Maybe there was something else to do? Maybe she was yet needed. But even if that was the case, why not send a message? Why keep her waiting?

"Word will come, have patience." The female raven, Moma, was kinder in her words but Gren could not be comforted by them.

"The shadows play!" the male, screeched. "The shadows come to dance and play and never let a moment’s rest."

Gren hated his riddles. They made her head hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:28 am
User Image Gael wasn't one for riddles either. He had just had an encounter with a hyena who only some in nonsensical ways and through riddles and he had nearly knocked the hyena's head off its neck in irritation. He had managed to escape the circling hyena, though, and was now wandering through the pride. He wasn't really looking for anything or anyone in particular, but he made it look as though he were on some sort of special mission. That way no one would bother him.

An all-too familiar caw made his ears twitch and he lifted a lip in a snarl. Couldn't the beasts of the pride keep their noises down today? He turned in the direction of the noise and paused, noticing a lioness was with the noisemaker. It took him just a moment to register who the lioness was and he quickly straightened his posture. Lifting a paw, he smoothed his mane down a bit so it wasn't so fly-away before heading in Gren's direction. He had been very intrigued by her since she came to stay with them and, after her successful God hunt, had become incredibly impressed and slightly in awe of her. It wasn't every day a female was so independent and strong and Gael knew he couldn't let the opportunity pass him up.

As he walked over to her his mind ran a mile a minute with things to say. Nice weather? No, that was dumb. Hungry? We could grab a bite to eat. No, too friendly. Wanna fight? No, she could probably kick his butt and that wouldn't look good.

Gael found himself beside Gren all too soon and he stood there quietly, his mind drawing blank after blank. Finally he cleared his throat and said the first thing that he could think of.

"Nice zebra." Had he been capable of blushing he would have. "I mean. Good fight we're having lately." He turned his head to the side to curse quietly before looking at Gren again. "I'm sorry. Hello. It's nice to meet you. I'm Gael and I've been meaning to introduce myself for a while."

Not...the best, but better than his jumbled blabbering.

Kimaria

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:52 am
The ravens spotted him first, their beady eyes flickering with interest at his approach. If Moma could have smiled at his attempt at preening, she would have. Alas, a beak was not made for such things.

Gren, startled at his voice, turned clumsily, her hip knocking into the tree as she did so. She had not heard him approach and, at seeing him, realised she had not ever been introduced. A lion with a pale pelt and rather striking green eyes and...an off way with words - even when compared to one such as her. For a moment she rumbled low in her throat; not a growl but a sound determining that she was trying to think of a response and coming up with nothing.

On the branch above, Moma chirped up, "he is braak." The little raven made it her job to know all in the horde; for her own sake as well as Mchawi's.

Ah, Gren's eyes lit with at least some understanding and she nodded her head in greeting. "I am Gren," she replied lowly in the Nergui tongue. "I was...the harbinger of Graos Oma..." But now? Now what was she? Forgotten. Abandoned. Alone...

Her ears flattened back and her frown deepened. "I am nothing of great import."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:18 pm
The low rumbling was a bit confusing for Gael who wasn't sure if she was looking at him in disdain or amusement. Turned out to be neither, apparently, as the raven above them spoke and clarity came to Gren's face. Confusion...great. That was always a good way to meet someone. Confuse them. Ugh. Gael, you're awful at this.

When she introduced herself, though, he breathed a sigh of relief. Phew...hadn't messed up too badly. He lifted his head a bit higher, nodding as she gave her own title.

"Yes, I know who you are."

Oh...that might be taken the wrong way.

"I mean. I know of you. You came to help us with the last hunt," he said, trying not to show his excitement. He had to remain cool and calm. Her words that followed, however, made him laugh. "Nothing of great import? Not from what I've heard. You led our lions and hyenas to victory alongside our Warlord. That's pretty important."

Kimaria

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:24 pm
Gren's face tightened a little. Talking about the Glory Hunt was a difficult thing for her. She knew that, all in all, it had gone well. The kulukadok had died, the rarec delivered and yet...the hyena and the warlord had lost their lives. Good deaths, to be sure. Honourable, glorious deaths. And yet...she recalled the hyena's face and mourned that he was forever gone.

"I...went only to guide. The battle was won by others." She decided not to mention that she regretted the deaths of comrades. It would be too odd a thing and she didn't want unwanted attention dropped on her head.

"You...you were not at the hunt?"

Moma and Qara, up on their perch, had fallen silent to listen, occasionally warbling quietly under their breath.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:34 pm
"Without you as their guide I'm sure they would have done far worse," Gael said with a serious nod. He had only heard songs and stories of the battle, of how the kulukadok had been slain, of the attack from the Firekin, of those that had died. But they were glorious deaths, deaths he would have loved to have himself.

The question made him tip his ears back in embarrassment and he glanced away, unsure of how to answer. "No....I wasn't. I ask asked to stay behind in case there was an attack on the pride." There was really no reason to worry about one since they were feared, but still. Having all the Braak out at once wasn't a smart idea.

"I wish I could have gone," he added. "And the next time there is a mission I'll be sure to go. Is there another?" he asked after barely a pause, looking at the two ravens that were on the branch. "I wasn't interrupting anything, was I?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:55 pm
She shuffled awkwardly, unused to compliments and how to handle them being gifted to her like this. Still, he seemed genuine, which put her at ease a little.

"There will be new missions," she agreed gruffly, peering up at the ravens at his question on interrupting. Gren wished she could say yes, but it seemed like it was a no - and probably would be for some time to come. The silence was tormenting and no one seemed to have any answers for her.

"No," she answered bleakly, sitting herself down beneath the tree. "I await news that does not come."

"Graos Oma tests your patience, Gren, that is all." Moma added helpfully.

Qara, with a squawk, flapped down onto a lower branch. "Tests. Many tests. Both past, present and future. Not a test if known."

"I thought I would be returning to the main horde by now," Gren admitted, "but it seems that plans have changed and I am staying." For now, anyway. She wasn't sure how she felt about it. She liked this place but it felt odd not to be welcomed back to the main group. Perhaps the ravens were right and her job was not yet done.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:15 pm
Gael glanced up at the ravens as they spoke, tilting his head a bit to listen. More news would be coming eventually and for that he was glad. He had felt rather useless staying behind and if Gren went out on these next missions he'd have a chance to show off a little bit to her.

Not that he felt like it was some sort of competition. He just. You know. Wanted to show he was tough and strong and stuff. Yup.

"Well...I'm glad it's not time for you to go back yet. You've been here for a while, yes, but I've just gotten the opportunity to finally meet you." Gods he sounded awfully sappy. Time to fix things. "I mean. You know. A strange female comes into the pride, even if she is sent from the main horde, you want to know about her."

Ugh. Why couldn't he be smooth like some of the other males he knew? Then again, he had heard whispering from the females that those males were awful...so maybe it was good to be a bit awkward around someone you admired.

"So," he said, trying to save a bit of face. "You've not really interacted with many since you've been here. Is that just so when you do go back you won't miss anyone?" There was only a slight teasing tone to his voice when he said that, but most of his question was said in earnest. It would be a good reason not to but at the same time he wasn't sure how she could stand it. He felt like it would be pretty lonely.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:33 pm
Gren's head lowered a little, her eyes widening as she tried to understand what the male was saying. Was he being sarcastic after all? Had he been paying so much attention that he had noticed how alone she was. She didn't make good conversation or pleasant viewing, she knew that. Still, she did her job and even if it was sometimes lonely, she could take some small pride in it.

Her gaze dropped to her forepaws and for a moment she was silent, considering. "I...I need to go."

Above her, Moma gave a small quork, tipping her head. "Gren?"

"S-sorry." And, with a brief glance, she slunk off.

The ravens fell silent - though only briefly - and then Moma spoke up: "She is...going through a hard time."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 pm
Gael kept a little grin on his face until Gren spoke. Wait. What? Go? He was stunned by her answer and quickly closed his mouth so his teeth clicked together. Had he asked too many questions? Was he being too forward? Maybe she liked being around more manly males.

"I-"

But she was gone. Gael's ears drooped a bit and he lowered his head, not a normal position for the male, and he let out a little sigh. Great...such an important lioness thought he was rude or too silly or too...something! Obviously his upfront way of speaking wasn't the way to do it with Gren.

He looked up at the ravens as the female spoke, and he furrowed his brows. A hard time? He looked after her and he let out a little huff of air. Well, he would take it upon himself to make her have not a hard time. Just not right now. He'd let her cool off first.

"Well. Thanks for that heads up," he said with a little nod. "Hopefully you'll bring her some good news to cheer her up." He took his leave then, making sure he knew which direction Gren when in so he didn't go that way. He was eager, but he was patient. There would be more time for talking with her later.

FIN  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Nergui Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas