Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Everything Fairy Tail Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:43 am
Hello Everyone,

This is the Official Thread for the Fairy Tail Anime series. I encourage all old and new fans of the series to post what you like and don't like about the series. If you post something that you don't like about the series please be respectful of the big fans of this series.

I'm a newbie to this series so I want to hear everything about this series that I'm getting to have a bigger and bigger interest in. You can post things about characters in the series, what the series is all about, differences between the Manga and Anime versions, character cosplays, etc.

My intro into the series is when I bought the Fairy Tail movie "Phoenix Priestess".

So all Fairy Tail fans unite and enjoy talking to other fans about this great series!! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:12 pm
Hooray for Fairy Tail!

I got into Fairy Tail when it was first released as a manga, and have been obsessed with it ever since! It's been a lot of fun seeing the story develop and the characters flesh out. Mashima does a great job at character development, and Fairy Tail is no exception!

The series is very quirky with a lot of humor, but when it get's serious you definitely feel it! There is a great balance between the two that really keeps your interest in the series.

They did a fantastic job with the anime, too! While there are a few filler arcs that are tedious, the manga to anime adaptation was very well done. The animation is beautiful (especially the reboot!!! AHHH!!!) and the score is awesome! Independent of the series, I can honestly say that the Fairy Tail OST is one of my favorites!

Slightly off topic, I went to SacAnime last weekend and I got to meet Natsu, Juvia, and Evergreen's English voice actors!!!!!! I'm super excited about it! I have their signatures next to my Fairy Tail figures! ^w^  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:33 pm
xinitia
Hooray for Fairy Tail!

I got into Fairy Tail when it was first released as a manga, and have been obsessed with it ever since! It's been a lot of fun seeing the story develop and the characters flesh out. Mashima does a great job at character development, and Fairy Tail is no exception!

The series is very quirky with a lot of humor, but when it get's serious you definitely feel it! There is a great balance between the two that really keeps your interest in the series.

They did a fantastic job with the anime, too! While there are a few filler arcs that are tedious, the manga to anime adaptation was very well done. The animation is beautiful (especially the reboot!!! AHHH!!!) and the score is awesome! Independent of the series, I can honestly say that the Fairy Tail OST is one of my favorites!

Slightly off topic, I went to SacAnime last weekend and I got to meet Natsu, Juvia, and Evergreen's English voice actors!!!!!! I'm super excited about it! I have their signatures next to my Fairy Tail figures! ^w^

That had to have been awesome meeting the voice actors. Did they talk in character for you or just signed autographs? Oh, if you get a chance post your thoughts on your experiences at SacAnime in the convention sub forums. I'm sure that their will be someone that will like reading about it. Also it would be neat to see photos of your figures on this thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:29 pm
GAHHHH, you are so lucky to have met the english voice actors! When I went to FanExpo, I was right beside Todd Haberkorn and at that point I did not know he did the voice of Natsu! I was so sad I didn't line up to meet him. Maybe if he comes back this year, I will!

I love Fairy Tail! I'm not caught up fully, but everything I absolutely am a huge fan. Everything about the anime, I enjoy. The storyline, characters, art.. everything is great! heart

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:13 pm
I'll try to post a picture of my figures when I get home. I currently have 13 of them, with 6 more on the way! ^w^

I'm sure you'll get a chance to meet Todd again. He makes rounds of the con circuits. He's super nice!!!

This is the awesome birthday cake my friends got me last year! Best... cake... EVER!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:35 am
xinitia
I'll try to post a picture of my figures when I get home. I currently have 13 of them, with 6 more on the way! ^w^

I'm sure you'll get a chance to meet Todd again. He makes rounds of the con circuits. He's super nice!!!

This is the awesome birthday cake my friends got me last year! Best... cake... EVER!

User Image

OHMYGLOB! That cake is.. just.. beautiful cat_4laugh I would not want to eat it <3  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:26 am
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

User Image

OHMYGLOB! That cake is.. just.. beautiful cat_4laugh I would not want to eat it <3

I was super excited to open the box! We ate around the characters and saved them for last. Haha!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 am
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

User Image

I was super excited to open the box! We ate around the characters and saved them for last. Haha!

That's amazing! I want a fairytail birthday cake now! Sadly, my birthday just passed. This year (;  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

User Image

That's amazing! I want a fairytail birthday cake now! Sadly, my birthday just passed. This year (;

So if you eat the fairytail characters do you become them? Just being silly. LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 am
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

User Image

So if you eat the fairytail characters do you become them? Just being silly. LOL

I WISH! Well, not eat the real ones, buta cake version.. that would be wicked =D  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 pm
smithers456
Also it would be neat to see photos of your figures on this thread.

As you wish! I got a snapshot before I packed them up. I have another set coming in... hopefully soon!

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:17 am
xinitia
smithers456
Also it would be neat to see photos of your figures on this thread.

As you wish! I got a snapshot before I packed them up. I have another set coming in... hopefully soon!

User Image

I Love the photo of your figures. It also gives me an idea. We could start a thread where our members can talk about their anime collections. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:09 pm
I was reading the latest chapter (AHHH!!! THE FEELS AND THEN THE NOT FEELS AND THEN THE FEELS AGAIN! WHY MASHIMA, WHY?!!), and I loved one of the spreads!

Don't worry: it's not a spoiler. I just didn't want to stretch the page too much. wink

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:48 am
xinitia
I was reading the latest chapter (AHHH!!! THE FEELS AND THEN THE NOT FEELS AND THEN THE FEELS AGAIN! WHY MASHIMA, WHY?!!), and I loved one of the spreads!

Don't worry: it's not a spoiler. I just didn't want to stretch the page too much. wink

User Image

Ahhhh <3 I love it!
I need to catch up still, but I am loving it.
I think I'm going to get the Guild symbol tattooed on me!

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:48 am
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

User Image

Ahhhh <3 I love it!
I need to catch up still, but I am loving it.
I think I'm going to get the Guild symbol tattooed on me!

I've considered that before, but I'd also consider getting a tattoo of Sabertooth. For now I'll sport my necklace and armband.

Where are you at in the series?  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces