Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 pm
This is a PRP for Abdiel and Rahnya.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:48 pm
It had been a long and lonely year for Abdiel, but as he often did at the start of a new year he felt that changes were coming.

He had spent the past year traveling across the land, making new acquaintances, but never any real friends, except for of course Dionysus, his owl familiar. Even though he had a herd to not only be a part of, but to lead, he still distanced himself and only visited every now and then just to check in and make sure everything was okay.

He had discovered the importance of having a herd when he had met Rahnya, but after forming his new herd with Heaven-Leigh, he had lost track of Rahnya and since then lost his desire to be a part of his herd.

However the past month had brought him in touch with several others who showed him the importance of relationships. Abdiel and Dionysus had traveled back across the land until they had come home, and with the new year Abdiel decided he would stick around and become a better leader.

He now grazed by the river, just a short distance from the herd's main territory. It was a warm day, despite it being winter, and Abdiel couldn't help but think of one mare who would be grateful for the warm weather. He remembered meeting Rahnya in the snow and her hating the cold. He shook his head to clear his thoughts, for he had already told himself again and again that he would probably never see her again. Despite this, he still wore the blanket she had given him out of her story telling chest. He was grateful to have it, especially during the winter.

The blue and white blanket draped over his back was a constant reminder that there was still something missing in his life. He had never known his family, and while this was the cause of a hole in his life, he recently started to wonder if it was not having his own family that had actually caused the hole. Being back with his herd had helped and now Abdiel was ready for any kind of change the new year might bring him.

A light breeze drifted across the river, tousling his mane, and Abdiel whinnied lightly, enjoying the warm sun on his back.

Midnight Mare

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:47 am
Rahnya was use to being alone. Ever since she learned she was Contadora, she accepted she would be alone for the rest of her years. But on one frightfully cold day, she came across a young stallion with a pointy stick glued to his head. He was not afraid of her (how foolish of him).

She remembered him fondly. How his story was not ready, how he pretended like she wasn't cursed. No one had ever stayed so long. But she could not forget his friendship, if that's what one would call it. The silly foreigner who knew nothing of curses or stories...

Oh but his story! After wandering the land spreading the wisdom hidden in her trunk, not once did she come across a spirit with a changing story like Abidel's. She never found out why this was. In fact, she tried to push the memories of him far from her mind. She could hear her mother scolding her, reminding her that Contadora are cursed to wander along.

How could she not remember him at this moment? After all, something drew her to come to this river where they first met. Fortunately, it was a much warmer day. Flopping down by the river, Rahnya decides a light nap should calm her anxious soul.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:20 pm
After getting a drink from the river Abdiel decided to walk along the bank for a bit. He suddenly realized that it was near here where he had first met Rahnya. That must have been why he had been thinking about her. He had walked along the river many times before, hoping to meet her again, but he hadn't. He didn't know why he was doing it again.

In all his travels across the land and to the west, he'd never met anyone else like her. And he'd finally decided to come back. It was a nice area, a good place to live.

After walking some distance he saw a figure laying in the grass. He chuckled, thinking it was a nice place to nap, but as he got closer he noticed that the mare napping looked a lot like Rahnya. She even had a shawl sprawled across her. He shook his head, because it couldn't possibly be her.

"Nice place for a nap," Abdiel called. As he got close and walked around to where he could see her face he was shocked. It really was her.

"Rahnya?" he exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" He was so excited to see her that he didn't even know what to say. His face lit up in a grin and he neighed in greeting. He shook out his mane and lowered his head towards her, making sure his horn was in view, so that she knew for sure it was still stuck to his head.

Midnight Mare

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:12 am
Suddenly, she thought she heard Abidel's voice. Surely she was dreaming. Puzzled, she slowly opens her eyes and looks up. Standing in front of her was the owner to that calming voice. Surely enough, he still had that silly pointy stick attached.

'What..?' She was confused and sluggish from her interrupted nap. Gathering herself, she stretches to find a more comfortable position. 'Abidel...? Is that really you, or is something in this water?' Maybe she was hallucinating, or maybe this really was still a dream.

Reluctantly, she stood up and nudged the stallions horn. 'A small herd mentioned that there was a lone horse roaming around this area. I thought that perhaps they had a story I could help them with. Surely a horse without a herd is insane and I thought I may offer some insight into their plight.' Smirking, she remembered her first encounter with this herd-less stallion. 'Of course it would be you...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:28 pm
Abdiel was pleased to see that Rahnya looked as surprised and happy to see him as he did her. He laughed outright at her comment about the water. She always did say such funny things. No one had made Abdiel laugh like that, a real happy laugh, since he had last seen Rahnya.

"There must be something in the water," he replied, "This is the second time we've met here at this river." He smiled when she nudged him, and nudged her back gently. "Yes, I am really here."

"I wandered around in the west for awhile,"
he told her. "I'm sorry it took me so long to get back. I looked for you though..." he trailed off, not knowing exactly how to finish that sentence. Perking up though he added, "but I have a herd now! You should meet them!"

It was strange how after all this time, it somehow felt as though no time had passed between them.

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:38 pm
Sighing softly, she gracefully gets up and wanders to the edge of the river. The first time they met Rahnya was overcome by new emotions. Perhaps not new, but certainly repressed from the years of her mothers teachings. How could she have stayed with this stallion? He was so funny and comforting. She could not stay and be responsible for any pain that came to him. As much as it hurt her, she had to slink away when he wasn't looking. But he kept looking for her...

Peering down she tries to hide the disappointment in her voice. 'A...herd?'

How lucky for him. She knew that when they met the first time he needed to find safety. Again she could hear her mother scolding her when she was a child. 'Rahnya, do not get too close to those other children my dear. When you grow older you will not be allowed to stay. Keep your distance for your own sake, it will make it easier to leave.'

Letting out a snort at the memory, she glances at Abidel for a small moment. 'Don't you remember? I can't.' Staring into the water, she tries to remain composed. 'I'm sure they are lovely people, and are so lucky to have you with them. But it would be best if they remained away from my presence.' Sighing, she begins to trot down the river, hoping to distract herself from these strong feelings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:36 am
Abdiel thought Rahnya would be excited that he had found a herd. She was the one after all who had scolded him for not having one. However she seemed deep in thought about it, and maybe even a little upset.

He followed her when she trotted away. It pained him to see her upset, and having found her again after all this time, he didn't want to be away from her.

"What's wrong?" he asked, coming up beside her and peering into her face which was half concealed by hair and shawl. Remembering back to when they had first met, he said, "This isn't about that curse stuff is it?" But seeing that it probably was, he said, "Tell me about it."

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:29 pm
Knowing Abidel was still following her, she slowed her pace. This new land she had found herself in was so different from the desert. How could she make him understand?

Bitterly, she snorts.'Please, don't mock my people.' Calming down she reminds herself that he simply does not know. You can not hold one accountable for simply being curious. 'I told you, I am Contadora. A storyteller. Because we hold the secrets to so much life, we are easily preyed upon. One year a male Contadora was kidnapped by a prince and made to tell stories to his people every day. The stories are only suppose to be heard by those who the cloth chooses. Others could not truly understand it's meaning and can cause great misfortune to the owner of the tale.' Stopping, she turns around to face Abidel.

'This was a very bad prince. Because of his actions, the Contadora gave his own life to stop the horrors he was spreading. Ever since then, whenever a Contadora stays too long in one place, very bad things start to happen to make them move on...' She paused for a long moment, gazing out over the river. Suddenly memories of an old, dear friend flooded her memory and she tried to stifle a sob. 'This is true, through all the lands. Even I am powerless to stop it.'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:49 pm
Abdiel mulled it over in his mind, momentarily lost for words. He could tell that this really upset Rahnya and he didn't like it. He'd heard of strange things happening in the Soquili lands and he guessed strange things happened elsewhere too.

"I'm sorry," he said finally. "I did not mean to mock you, or your people." He stepped close to her and nuzzled her gently to comfort her. "So have you been traveling, like me?" he asked her in a soft voice. "As long as you travel around, nothing bad will happen?"

He suddenly felt a sadness wash over him at the thought of Rahnya leaving again. He had just come back to his herd from a nomadic life and found Rahnya again, but if she were to travel without him he would miss her greatly. He even thought about leaving his herd again. All these thoughts took but less than a second and Abdiel quickly decided that now was not the time to think about them. He didn't even know if Rahnya felt the same way about him as he did about her. 'Which is...what?' he asked himself. He was unsure what these feelings even were.

Changing the subject he nodded to the blanket on his back. "From the first time we met, do you remember?"

Midnight Mare
I'm not sure if I interpreted the cloth right or not, but I originally thought that the blanket he wears was the cloth from the first RP where she tried to tell his story. If I did interpret wrong, and the cloth goes back into the chest, than I can make it to where he had the blanket made by someone to represent the cloth. Just let me know ;D

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:53 am
Rahnya blushed at the sight of the blanket. In all her years gone from Abideal, she never met another horse in which the story of their journey has changed. Mother never mentioned that in her lessons..

'Traveling.. yes. More like wandering, really. I always seem to come across people needing help.' Shaking out her mane she slowed her pace. 'I told you, when I stay in one place for too long, bad things happen. Things that...make me move on.' How could she tell him that if she were to stay, something bad could happen to him? She couldn't be responsible for that. She felt drawn to this hansom boy, and wished on every goddess that things would be different. Mother never told her what to when she met one who awoke these feelings in her. In fact, she spoke very little about Rahnya's father. What happened to him? Where did he go?

Drooping her ears she stomped the ground. It was so frustrating to go on this journey alone. However, she was the daughter of a grand story teller. She knew there were no such thing as coincidences. Pushing her thoughts aside, she remembered a game she use to play as a foal. She nudges Abidel in hopes he will play with her. TAG!. Hesitating for one brief second, she takes off down the river.

BelaLucina
Oh, I never thought of that before. I would think the cloth would need to remain in the trunk since it has changed for him before. I would like to start thinking of a story for him though. Is there a relationship lesson you think he should learn?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:22 pm
Midnight Mare

It seemed to Abdiel that there was information she was holding back. He didn't want to pry on anything that would upset her, but he wanted to know...what kind of bad things? He hesitated on asking her, giving her space as she went through her emotions. He watched as her ears drooped and she stomped at the ground. Before he could ask what was wrong though, she nudged him and took off down the river. Tag?

Abdiel smirked and snorted, "Oh so that's how it's gonna be then?" He'd show her a game of tag. He galloped after her as fast as he could, nudging her on the side, and then zigzagging off in another direction. He neighed loudly, throwing back his head and letting his mane toss wildly around him.

A game was a good way to throw off the tension, but he knew eventually they would have to talk about it. He still had so many questions for her.

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:39 am
BelaLucina

Rahnya dug her hooves into the ground and whipped around. Abidel was fast, but she had spend her whole life traveling great distances. She could run all day! Hiding behind a tree, she waits for Abidel to run past.'Oh no Abidel, help!' She snickers quietly, trying to lay low while she waits for Abidel's reaction.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 am
Midnight Mare

Abdiel looked behind him to see if Rahnya was pursuing him, but couldn't see her anywhere. He thought she might be hiding and started to look for her. Seeing a bit of black and gold from behind a tree, he ran past to let her know he had found her, but just as he did he heard her cry out. He stopped abruptly and ducked behind the tree to get to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked frantically. "Are you hurt?"

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Midnight Mare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 am
BelaLucina

Rahnya leaps up and tags Abidel. 'I needed help finding you!!!' Snickering, she takes off towards the edge of the river.

Slowing down by the water to catch her breath, she ponders about meeting Abidel again. He was always so sweet to her, something she was not very use to. It was nice to have someone around to play with, if only it would last...

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff