Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Suggestions for Additional Offical Series Threads to Add Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:31 pm
OnsenMark
ohoho! I'm gonna have fun with this one!

Suggestions:

- a Macross general thread(dealing with the meta-series as a whole)
- Evangelion, if it hasn't already been suggested
- Revolutionary Girl Utena

Also, how about live-action stuff? I could see general threads for Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and Ultraman taking off. biggrin

(edit: the toku-related stuff would be great for the culture forum, I would think...)

Thanks OnsenMark for the suggestions. I happen to own both the Evangelion and the Ultraman Series. So I will start both of those official threads soon. As for the other ones I will ask our Crew Member Quinn to look into the other ones. So stay tuned. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:09 pm
smithers456

I suggest Red Data Girl, an anime, and The World Ends With You, a video game. Also, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, and Kingdom Hearts ones would be great. Oh, mentioning some of these just 'cause they're kind of popular right now, but Bleach, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist ( love it ), D Gray Man ( Allen-kun~! ), Black Butler ( Also love it ), and RWBY.

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm
Lady Shimizu
smithers456

I suggest Red Data Girl, an anime, and The World Ends With You, a video game. Also, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, and Kingdom Hearts ones would be great. Oh, mentioning some of these just 'cause they're kind of popular right now, but Bleach, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist ( love it ), D Gray Man ( Allen-kun~! ), Black Butler ( Also love it ), and RWBY.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. It just happens that we already have a Full Metal Alchemist Official Thread. I added the "Fans of Full Metal Alchemist" Thread to the "Anime Retro and Classic Series" Sub Forum. Check out this thread to learn more about the series and to check out a Cosplay Photo of Colonel Mustang that I took personally at a previous Convention. I recently started the Anime and Retro Classic Series Sub Forum because I wanted to sort out the growing number of Official Threads. The Main Sub Forum that this Thread is in will have all of the newer series in it. The new Retro and Classic series Sub Forum will have the older series in it. So go check out that New Sub Forum often to see what other Classic series that have been added to it.

Right now Our Crew Member Onsen is working on an Evangelion series thread and I plan on adding in the future Bleach, Black Butler, and Kingdom Hearts to the Retro and Classic Sub Forum. Most of the retro and classic series I have taken Cosplay Photos of the Characters of those series. So when you check out many of the official threads you will be able to check out my Cosplay Photography work at the same time. Black Butler for instance I have taken a lot of Cosplay Photos of the characters of the series. Choosing which one to add to that series official thread is going to be a tough choice.

RWBY I have been hearing more about recently so that makes me curious as to what that series is all about.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 pm
I'll work on the Eva thread more once I get back from Nekocon.

Also, RWBY is awesome, and you should watch it. You can get previous volumes on DVD or bluray, and you can also watch them on youtube. Volume 3, however, you can watch on the Rooster Teeth website... every Sunday, I think.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:05 am
I would love to see an official Kingdom Hearts thread.

I love talking about Kingdom Hearts as well as coming up with all bunch of theories for it. I also cosplay as Axel, Lea, Sora, Riku, and Zexion. I even buy a lot of Kingdom Hearts posters and artwork at anime conventions, plus I have all the manga. I also have most of the games. Even if I haven't finished them all, I still know a lot about the story line and its characters. *coughs* I look up things (profiles, cut scenes, etc.) online, that's why. XD

I am a proud Kingdom Hearts fan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:38 pm
smithers456

Okay, so, a while ago my friends started talking about this new game. I was quite curious, so I asked them about it. They had mentioned terrible puns, skeletons, and fabulous robots so naturally I was interested. They called this game . . . Undertale.

I was skeptical at first, unsure how this game would go, and assumed it would be something light-hearted, not anything to ponder at night. But then I started playing it. It's a pixelated game, the music at the beginning sounds just a little tinny, so my first thought may have been a little bit disparaging. But the characters! The storyline!

Undertale is a game where you play a child, gender indiscernible, who falls down a hole in Mt. Ebott to where the Monsters live. Now, unlike most video games, you have the option to choose MERCY. You can decide to Spare everyone you come across, every Monster who attacks you, or you can kill everyone. There is also, of course, the middle option. The 'Neutral Route'.

The best parts about this game are the ones you discover by messing around. For instance, you can hack the game and turn up something called 'fun', making strange beings appear. I don't want to give too much away, but the secrets that are hidden in this game are amazing, and they can be relevant to a greater understanding of the story of a character or they can simply be for fun.

What's simply astounding is that one man created this game. One man thought this up. One man put things in this game that will frustrate you just for the hell of it. One man designed songs that may sound eerily similar to each other. One man designed interesting, lovable, sometimes adorable, and often hilarious characters, along with backstories that may just make you cry. His name is Toby Fox, and he brought an amazing game into creation.

I'm sorry to have gone on so long about this wonderful game, but I wanted you to see just how absolutely stunning this game is. I hope this convinces you to make an Official Thread about it.

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers