Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Suggestions for Additional Offical Series Threads to Add Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 am
Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

I hope that you like the changes that I have done in this Sub Forum. I have started a few Official "Sticky" Threads devoted to certain Anime, Manga, and Video Game series. I would like to hear from you. If your favorite series is not listed please let me know your suggestions in this thread for a new one and I will start it. Then you can post to your heart's content in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:18 pm
I probly won't get lucky with many people knowing about them but my two most abolsute favorite series are "Yuru Yuri" and "Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia" that one's subbed version is called "Tasogare OtomexAmnesia"  

Noire himesama

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:47 pm
Noire himesama
I probly won't get lucky with many people knowing about them but my two most abolsute favorite series are "Yuru Yuri" and "Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia" that one's subbed version is called "Tasogare OtomexAmnesia"

Greetings Noire himesama,

I'm going to start a thread for both of your favorite series. What I would like you to do is post a reply in both threads telling everyone what each series is about and why you like it.

Yuru Yuri will be a regular thread and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia will be a sticky thread. I will include some info from Wikipedia for both series. Of the two I'm really curious about Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. I happen to like stories of the Supernatural.

By the way did you know that YuruYuri Summer Vacation! will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on February 18, 2015.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:34 pm
Here are some animes I enjoy, currently watching/interested in:

Log Horizon, Soul Eater, Inuyasha, Durarara, Ghost Hunt, Cowboy Bepop, Steins;Gate, Digimon, Hellsing, Claymore, Clannad, Death Note, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Wolf's Rain, Beelzebub, Bleach, Naruto, Princess Tutu, Blood+, Elfen Lied, Spice and Wolf, Black Lagoon, No Game No Life, Hunter x Hunter, Toradora!, etc.

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Shiny Chelle

Ruthless Prophet

15,000 Points
  • Healer 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:20 pm
Final Fantasy  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 pm
Starz-N-Madness
Here are some animes I enjoy, currently watching/interested in:

Log Horizon, Soul Eater, Inuyasha, Durarara, Ghost Hunt, Cowboy Bepop, Steins;Gate, Digimon, Hellsing, Claymore, Clannad, Death Note, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Wolf's Rain, Beelzebub, Bleach, Naruto, Princess Tutu, Blood+, Elfen Lied, Spice and Wolf, Black Lagoon, No Game No Life, Hunter x Hunter, Toradora!, etc.

Stephanie, feel free to start Official "Sticky" threads for some of the series on your list. I personally will be doing the Soul Eater, Naruto, and Claymore Threads.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm
Shiny Chelle
Final Fantasy

Thanks for the reminder. I have been planning on doing a Final Fantasy thread for some time. Thanks for your interest. I have a feeling that we will have interest in that thread. I have taken a lot of Cosplayer Final Fantasy photos over the years. A couple of them will be on that threads. You can post your best cosplay photos in the thread as well. Make sure that you follow the Guild Rules for posting photos. Thanks and have fun once I get the Thread going. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 pm
Shiny Chelle
Final Fantasy

Hello Shiny Chelle,

I have good news for you. I just finished setting up the Official Final Fantasy "Sticky" Thread. In the Thread I tell the story of my experiences with Final Fantasy and a lot of info that I posted about the video game series. I posted the info from Wikipedia and it tells you about the Video Game series in general, game play info, and plot info. I also posted 2 of my better Cosplayer Photos on the thread. Please show some Love for the series and let us know what you think about Final Fantasy, favorite characters, game version, and if you cosplayed any of the characters. I'm pretty sure that you will like how I started the thread. Encourage any Gaians that you know to post in the thread. If they are not members of this guild encourage them to join. In the future we could do contests, etc based on Final Fantasy. Stay Tuned. Again thanks for your interest and feel free to suggest other series to add to the growing number of Official series threads  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:33 pm
OURAN HOST CLUB OR FRUITS BASKET  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:30 pm
spanishbabe122

Hi spanishbabe122,

Thanks for your suggestions. Both of these series I was already planning on having threads about. OURAN HOST CLUB I will assign to our new Crew Member "Quinn" to do and I will take care of Fruits Basket one myself because it's one of my favorite series. So stay tuned to see new "Sticky" threads with both of those series on the Sub Forum.

I'm curious as to what you like about the Fruit Baskets series and who your favorite characters are. Then we can compare "notes" about what characters are our favorites and talk more about the series. With your permission I can add what you like about the series itself and what characters that you like the most on the series on the official thread that I start. That way our members will see that one of their own contributed to setting up a series. This is something that if it catches on better could improve posting in general on threads. It could be considered either a mini interview or just a conversation about a popular series that we both like. smile Thanks for any help that you can give me.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:28 am
smithers456
spanishbabe122

Hi spanishbabe122,

Thanks for your suggestions. Both of these series I was already planning on having threads about. OURAN HOST CLUB I will assign to our new Crew Member "Quinn" to do and I will take care of Fruits Basket one myself because it's one of my favorite series. So stay tuned to see new "Sticky" threads with both of those series on the Sub Forum.

I'm curious as to what you like about the Fruit Baskets series and who your favorite characters are. Then we can compare "notes" about what characters are our favorites and talk more about the series. With your permission I can add what you like about the series itself and what characters that you like the most on the series on the official thread that I start. That way our members will see that one of their own contributed to setting up a series. This is something that if it catches on better could improve posting in general on threads. It could be considered either a mini interview or just a conversation about a popular series that we both like. smile Thanks for any help that you can give me.

well thank you for being so polite and i hope it turns out great! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:08 pm
spanishbabe122
smithers456
spanishbabe122

Hi spanishbabe122,

well thank you for being so polite and i hope it turns out great! biggrin

I do my best to be friendly and helpful to the members of our Guild. Stay tuned the new threads will be up and going soon.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 am
spanishbabe122

Hey there! Thank you for the two suggestions! As our vice captain told you, I was in charge of the Ouran thread, while he is handling Fruits Basket. Just letting you know that the new Ouran Highschool Host Club official thread is now open an posted! You should check it out and make a post >uo)b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:55 am
nerdiepi
spanishbabe122

Hey there! Thank you for the two suggestions! As our vice captain told you, I was in charge of the Ouran thread, while he is handling Fruits Basket. Just letting you know that the new Ouran Highschool Host Club official thread is now open an posted! You should check it out and make a post >uo)b

ok cool ill check it out and also cool thing you have under your post. The whole "Attempting to give a damn" is really funny ! biggrin  

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:08 pm
ohoho! I'm gonna have fun with this one!

Suggestions:

- a Macross general thread(dealing with the meta-series as a whole)
- Evangelion, if it hasn't already been suggested
- Revolutionary Girl Utena

Also, how about live-action stuff? I could see general threads for Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and Ultraman taking off. biggrin

(edit: the toku-related stuff would be great for the culture forum, I would think...)  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff