It had been three days since Ceto had left. He was in her thoughts constantly as she wondered how he was doing. It was good that she hadn't heard back from him, she reassured herself. It meant that he was finding his way.

She sighed. It was something she was doing a lot of now days. With her son now gone, she wondered why she wasn't out doing her own adventures. It hadn't been too long since she was out in the rogue lands, going where ever her paws would take her. She had always had an exploring heart. Once her father had become well, she decided to go on her own adventure. It had been something she wanted to do for years.

However it wasn't long until she met the male who provided her with her first litter of cubs. She never regretted having the cubs. It was a detour from her adventures. Soon she would be ready for adventures again, but not quite yet. She felt that if she left sooner then later, she would only try and find Ceto to make sure he was alright.

For his sake, she wanted him to learn responsibility. Having his mother hold his paw every step of the way wouldn't do him any favors.

As she walked, deep in thought about her son, she heard steps behind her. She stopped and turned around.

Caelius had traveled to the area, on his own journey. He was seeking out his father. A cheetah by the name Ajani. His journey led him to this area, home of a few lions and other felines. There was a rumor of some cheetahs in the area. He had decided to check it out to see if any of them knew his father.

So far no luck.

He had spotted the lioness and thought he could seek out her help. As hard as he tried to make himself noticeable, he couldn't get her attention. She was lost in thought, he decided. He knew the feeling very well. So he decided to follow her until she was done.

When he did become notice, he didn't expect her to turn so quickly. He ended up falling backwards on to the ground. She was quick to help him up.

“I'm sorry, I didn't see you there.” Naida said as she helped the young hybrid. He was a rather small looking lion. At first glance, she just thought he was a young adolescent, but she realized he was probably a hybrid. Perhaps with a cheetah. “Are you alright?”

She had met hybrids during her journey and thought them interesting. This one though was actually quite lovely, with his pale white fur that made his red eyes stand out that much more. She imagined he drew a lot of attention during his travels.

“I'm Naida by the way. I don't think I've seen you around this area. Are you new?” She asked curiously.

Caelius got up with her help and brushed off the dirt. “I'm fine. I shouldn't have snuck up on you in the first place. I just didn't want to disturb you. You seemed lost in thought.” His voice lowered. The last thing he wanted to do was seem creepy. Following a strange lioness would put him in that category.

He perked up when she told him her name. “Nice to meet you Naida. My name is Caelius. I'm a traveler. This is my first day in the area, but I plan on staying for a little bit. I'm actually searching for some information. I”m looking for my father. A cheetah by the name Ajani. I'm following a rumor that says they saw a band of cheetah come through this area. I was wondering if you seen them or know anything about them?”

Naida knew the band of cheetahs he was talking about. A group of entertainers. “I know the group you are talking about. They just left a few days ago, but they'll be back. The group comes and goes whenever they like.” It probably wasn't the answer he was looking for, but that was the best she could do.

“If you like, you can stay here till they get back. No guarantee when they'll be back, but you're more then welcome to stay around till then. I have an extra den that my son used to live in. You could stay there is you would like.” She offered. In the area she was known to pick up strays and help travelers out from time to time.

Caelius could feel his ears warm up. There was little kindness in the rogue lands so far. However he was happy to meet someone who was caring toward him. “Thank you so much.” He bowed his head toward her. “I would appreciate it. I will do everything I can to be helpful while staying here. If you need me to do anything, anything at all, just say the word.”

He knew how to hunt and gather along with some entertaining aspects, as well as do simple craftwork.

She gave him a soft smile. He was so different then her son. So willing to help. “Why don't we get some food and we can trade tales? It has been so long since I've heard new stories from an adventurer. My own stories aren't so interesting, but they're good to pass the time.”

She thought of her stories, of her brief time in the rogue lands. There were stories before she set out on her own though. But none that had a happy ending. “Let me show you to the dens. It's not too far from the watering hole. Everyone in the area is very kind as well.”

Caelius had a bounce in his step. Even though he wasn't anywhere closer to finding his father, he felt like he had made a little progress. Plus he found a good resting area and had a the company of a lovely lioness. He paused his thoughts. Lovely? He looked over at Naida. She had said she had a son, yet she looked so young and she had beautiful blue fur. He had a hard time imagining her as a mother.

He had always been able to be around females without being nervous. To him it was because he was a hybrid. He was so weird to most creatures, that he figured either an interaction would go off well or terrible. Already he had experience dislike over his mix blood.

That said, a lot of females thought he was more interesting with his cheetah looks.

Naida stopped at the dens, showing him where he would be staying. “Now that we have that taken care of, let go on a hunt.” She said playfully. Naida bolted away and he was quick to catch up. He hoped that the cheetah band would take their time, because he was enjoying this land.

WC:1,151