Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
What Anime was the First One that you Watched Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LaughKittyLaugh

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:19 pm
You know, aside from Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh/etc. my first ever anime was Code Geass (dubbed). I was a bit younger and I'd love to go back and watch it subbed to see what I didn't pick up on back then.

My first ever manga were Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note. I read them at the same time, taking like 10 volumes of each out from the library at a time lol. Those were the good old days, the days before I discovered things like "ecchi" and Boku no Pico and "yaoi." Those were the days before I realized just how screwed up anime really is. (╯︵╰,)

Or rather, can be.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:10 am
LaughKittyLaugh
You know, aside from Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh/etc. my first ever anime was Code Geass (dubbed). I was a bit younger and I'd love to go back and watch it subbed to see what I didn't pick up on back then.

My first ever manga were Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note. I read them at the same time, taking like 10 volumes of each out from the library at a time lol. Those were the good old days, the days before I discovered things like "ecchi" and Boku no Pico and "yaoi." Those were the days before I realized just how screwed up anime really is. (╯︵╰,)

Or rather, can be.

Hi, I happen to own the Code Geass DVD series. It's one of my favorite series. Lelouch and CC are two of my favorite Anime characters. I've taken a couple photos of Code Geass Cosplayers in the past. Another Military type series that you might like to watch if you haven't yet is "Full Metal Panic".

As for "Yuri", "Yaoi", "ecchi", and "Hentai" series "each to their own" I say. In all cultures their are different things that people are into.

Keep in mind that their are a lot of wonderful Anime series out their and many of them have Official Threads in this Guild. One of the rules that I set out in this Guild is that most of what goes on is PG-13 or TV-14 rated or less.

Check out the "Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion" and the "Anime Retro and Classic Series" Sub Forums to find the Official Anime series threads. Feel free to post in them and let your fellow Guild members know what you think about them.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

LaughKittyLaugh

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:31 am
smithers456
LaughKittyLaugh

Or rather, can be.

Hi, I happen to own the Code Geass DVD series. It's one of my favorite series. Lelouch and CC are two of my favorite Anime characters. I've taken a couple photos of Code Geass Cosplayers in the past. Another Military type series that you might like to watch if you haven't yet is "Full Metal Panic".

As for "Yuri", "Yaoi", "ecchi", and "Hentai" series "each to their own" I say. In all cultures their are different things that people are into.

Keep in mind that their are a lot of wonderful Anime series out their and many of them have Official Threads in this Guild. One of the rules that I set out in this Guild is that most of what goes on is PG-13 or TV-14 rated or less.

Check out the "Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion" and the "Anime Retro and Classic Series" Sub Forums to find the Official Anime series threads. Feel free to post in them and let your fellow Guild members know what you think about them.

Wow, thanks. You really thought this out, huh. whee I'll be sure to check out Fullmetal Panic, as well as the guild Threads.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm
☯★

I believe the first anime I have ever watched was Sailor Moon! I must have been 3 years old. I remember watching it every day after school at my grandparents' house. I had soo many toys, puzzles, pajamas that were Sailor Moon themed!

Next would have to be Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh.... BUT what really got me into anime and manga must have been InuYasha! I was in Elementary School when I started watching that. That made me realize I really love the storylines and art style of anime, and made me do more research into other animes. From there, I believe it was Death Note.

I love anime <3333

★☯

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:09 am
Starz-N-Madness
☯★

I believe the first anime I have ever watched was Sailor Moon! I must have been 3 years old. I remember watching it every day after school at my grandparents' house. I had soo many toys, puzzles, pajamas that were Sailor Moon themed!

Next would have to be Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh.... BUT what really got me into anime and manga must have been InuYasha! I was in Elementary School when I started watching that. That made me realize I really love the storylines and art style of anime, and made me do more research into other animes. From there, I believe it was Death Note.

I love anime <3333

★☯

Hi Stephanie,

I've noticed that the series InuYasha has been a very popular series with a lot of people first getting into Anime / Manga. I'm curious as too what has drawn so many to it. I only have a movie from the series. For me I'm deep into characters. What is about the main characters that you like the most?

As you know I'm a huge fan of Sailor Moon. What do you like about the series. What toys did you have?

Thanks for posting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:21 am
Sailor moon was my first  

SamanthaAnelise

Beloved Wife

9,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm
First I watched was Pokemon or Digimon. Can't remember, but liked Digimon more.

The first I read (and finished) was Naruto, unless you want to count Bleach, when I felt it should have ended.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:11 am
The very first anime movie was Panda no Daibouken when I was around 3-4 years old.

The first anime serie was I think Spoon Obaa-san, but I'm not sure. I was around 6-7 years old and we even recorded the episodes to VHS. I didn't know it was an anime that time.

And my very first manga was Dragon Ball. I didn't know how I should read it, but It had a help page too. First I found it strange, that the last is the first page for the first time. smile  

Cute Apple Pie-chan

Friendly Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:30 pm
Bermese
My first Anime (not the kiddie stuff like Pokemon and Digimon of which I did watch) was Yu Yu Hakusho! Ah, the nostalgia. I recently re-watched the entire series and still love it.

My first Manga was Inuyasha, I remember finding a random volume in my local library and thinking "Whoa! It's like a comic of that show we were watching" I didn't even know what Anime was. crying

Same here. Yu Yu Hakusho was my first real anime.  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff