Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
What Anime was the First One that you Watched Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:49 am
Hello Everyone,

Most people have their favorite Anime and Manga series but do you remember what was the first Anime series that you ever watched or Manga series that you have ever read. Also what was the first Anime or Manga that became the first one that you liked a lot and why.

Here is mine:

1. First Anime Watched or Manga Books read - Sailor Moon Anime series.
2. First Favorite Anime / Manga series: Yu-Gi-Oh! - When I started to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! I was fascinated about the idea of having a show where you played card games in tournaments. I Love playing card games, board games, and video games so this series really got my interest. Watching further I actually learned how to play the game from watching the series. That made me want to buy the cards to both play with and to collect. Then I really got into the characters. My favorite characters are Yugi and Joey. The friendships and the strong bonds between the characters made me like the series even more. To date I have thousands of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and I have made and bought a lot of playable decks. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:20 pm
The first manga I ever read was Dragon Knights by Mineko Ohkami. It isn't a very popular series, but it remains one of my favorites and is also the first series in which I collected all of the volumes.

In terms of Anime, I'm not entirely sure which one I watched first. I started out reading a lot more manga than I watched anime, so it kind of starts to meld together. I did used to watch Pokemon and Digimon before I knew what anime was, though.  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 am
Like you, Smithers, the first anime I watched was the Sailor Moon Anime series! After that, it would be Pokemon and Inuyasha! All three of those, I obsessed over, especially Inuyasha as I grew up. I even have a plushie of Inuyasha that I sleep with, and a poster in my room, as well as a Miroku figurine.

When I was little, I had a big crush on Ash Ketchum! My mom actually caught me saying this on tape, "When I grow up, I hope my boyfriend is like Ash." When I look back and watch it, I laugh so much! When I met Veronica Taylor- the voice of Ash, I had to tell her that, and she laughed as well and thought it was cute.

I don't read too much manga to be honest. Growing up, I wasn't the strongest reader and got discouraged easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Starz-N-Madness
Like you, Smithers, the first anime I watched was the Sailor Moon Anime series! After that, it would be Pokemon and Inuyasha! All three of those, I obsessed over, especially Inuyasha as I grew up. I even have a plushie of Inuyasha that I sleep with, and a poster in my room, as well as a Miroku figurine.

When I was little, I had a big crush on Ash Ketchum! My mom actually caught me saying this on tape, "When I grow up, I hope my boyfriend is like Ash." When I look back and watch it, I laugh so much! When I met Veronica Taylor- the voice of Ash, I had to tell her that, and she laughed as well and thought it was cute.

I don't read too much manga to be honest. Growing up, I wasn't the strongest reader and got discouraged easily.

I really loved Inu Yasha, too. My friends and I were reminiscing about that show recently... I should go back and re-watch parts of it again.  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:03 pm
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness

I really loved Inu Yasha, too. My friends and I were reminiscing about that show recently... I should go back and re-watch parts of it again.

I actually rewatched all of the episodes and movies last yea..man was that ever nostalgic. I cried so much lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:59 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness

I actually rewatched all of the episodes and movies last yea..man was that ever nostalgic. I cried so much lol.

Sometimes I think re-watching series, especially ones you got into early on, end up being more emotional because you have so many years of attachment to the characters.  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:30 am
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness

Sometimes I think re-watching series, especially ones you got into early on, end up being more emotional because you have so many years of attachment to the characters.

Oh, I completely agree with you there. It's so nostalgic! I really do get emotionally attached to anime!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:15 pm
My 1st anime was pokemon, still a fan of pokemon *don't really watch the anime any more.
1st manga for me was Zatch Bell!
I had no real idea what anime was until I was in high school.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:59 am
I think my very first anime was a movie, Panda Daibouken when I was a small child. But I didn't even know it was an anime.

My first manga was I think Video Girl Ai.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:41 pm
First manga: I dunno. Prolly either Urusei Yatsura, Grey, Nausicaa, or Golgo 13. I honestly can't really remember.

First anime: Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, in its incarnation as Battle of the Planets... back in 1980? sweatdrop

off my lawn, blah blah blah. lol. xd  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:22 pm
1. First Anime Watched or Manga Books read: My first anime was probably either Pokemon Indigo League or Digimon Digital Monsters. My first manga is Ayashi no Ceres by Watase Yuu.
2. First Favorite Anime / Manga series: First favorite anime would have to be Ranma 1/2 and my favorite Manga series is a tie between Ayashi no Ceres and Inuyasha.
I'm currently reading Maison Ikkoku and watching Maison Ikkoku, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, and Urusei Yatsura.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:53 am
my first was marmalade boy rofl heart  

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

KaedeKaia

11,740 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Cool Competitor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:18 am
The first manga I ever read was Sakura Card Captors, I was given the first volume as a birthday present in elementary. It was also my first favorite because I reread it so many times, I loved it.
The first anime I watched was Pokemon and I think it was also my first favorite anime. When yugioh started airing, that become my favorite.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:08 pm
My first Anime (not the kiddie stuff like Pokemon and Digimon of which I did watch) was Yu Yu Hakusho! Ah, the nostalgia. I recently re-watched the entire series and still love it.

My first Manga was Inuyasha, I remember finding a random volume in my local library and thinking "Whoa! It's like a comic of that show we were watching" I didn't even know what Anime was. crying

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

Edoroth

3,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:19 pm