User Image

Kal sat against a wall. She was staring up at the pictures of past headmasters. However, really only looking at one.

Kalena.
This woman, she looked so happy yet so sad at the same time.

"you know, you really shouldn't stare. It kinda creeps me out."

Kal became startled and she hopped to her feet looking around.
"Hello? Is anyone there?"

There was no answer.

Kal decided to sit back down.

As Kal sat down, there was another figure next to her.
"Hi there."

User Image

Kal stared at the ghost and started to freak out but found herself calmed as well.
"your the woman from the picture up there."

Kalena nodded
"yeah, I am. Please, don't be frightened. I found it difficult for myself when this happened with me."

Kal reached out and touched Kalena's face.
"how can I touch you. Your...dead.."

Kalena sighed and looked down as she felt Kal starting to pet her.
"That's one word I never saw myself ever needing."

"So why are you here? I mean....and why aren't I scared of you like I was with the others...."

Kalena sighed and pulled her knees to her face.
"its difficult to explain...so for the time being. Lets just say you and I are connected. If you saw into my memories, some of them might frighten you. I don't wish for that to happen. "

"So...your me? And im you?"

Kalena chuckled
"yeah. I didn't think you'd catch on so fast. There are others like us too....They're like family."

Kal sighed.
"I think I left a bad impression on Eric. I ran from him."

Kalena nodded
"I know. I saw. Then you started to fly. I never though i'd….well...ya know. I though i'd watch them grow old and die before I would. But it was me. Us....still a hard concept to grasp."

Kal sighed
"think they'll forgive me? I...its so much to take in. "

"They're family. And I'll be with you, even if its not me me, but another version of me, like DK."

"Amara...."

"Don't say her name. She needs that second name. One world with one name, another world with the other name. She needs both identities to keep her safe and from the two universes colliding into each other.

"oh....sorry. So....what should I do then? "

"Learn from them. Learn from our past selves, our family, our friends. Learn and grow. Be happy. Laugh once in a while."

"but that's...so hard. "

Kalena sighed
"I know. Its a difficult concept. Just know that you'll always have me, as long as that key is with you."

Kal reached to her neck and held a key pendant that was around her neck.
"but what if I need to see you again..."

Kalena had vanished.

User Image

Kelina was walking around holding a lamp to illuminate the way.
She saw Kal and tilted her head.
"Hello? Your new."

Kal looked up at the dark haired woman.
"oh.....hi. Your.....Kelina."

"you know me?" Kelina looked in shock then saw the key pendant, then looked where the girl was looking at.
"Oh.....Your the new Kalena...." her voice saddened then sighed.

"She loved you, ya know." Kal looked back at Kalena's image.

"I know. So....wanna go somewhere else? Its dark here. I never though she'd sit in the dark. Always scared her."

"Sure. I could eat. I got some....apologizing to do. And training."