Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
What's Your Dream Cosplay Outfit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:57 pm
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
I would LOVE to cosplay as Ezra Scarlet from Fairy Tail. Her Heaven's Wheel armor is amazing. I don't think I would be too comfortable walking around in such a large outfit, but I would still consider trying one day when I get the time/money!

Ezras Heavens Wheel Armor <-- pic

Honestly, all her armour is awesome!

Oh! I love that armor!!! It would definitely be a challenge to make. I've only seen one cosplayer wear it, and she wasn't able to really move. The challenge (and the dream) would be to create a construct that would be comfortable to wear and able to move around.

Hmm.... maybe a compilation of foam and thermo-plastics.... Now you have me thinking!!!

On that note, my mom and I are tag-teaming a Warrod cosplay, also from Fairy Tail.

Now that's a good idea! I don't know if I'd be up to wearing that at a con, since it's so congested, and with my luck, someone will smash into me and it will break (just like my Aigis cosplay haha) But I really would love to try.

Yay, you love Fairy Tail too! I'm so glad! If I have any questions, I'm going to ask you!

That's so cool that you and your mom are tag-teaming that cosplay! I wish my mom would do that! You have to show me when that's completed ;]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:00 pm
Starz-N-Madness

Now that's a good idea! I don't know if I'd be up to wearing that at a con, since it's so congested, and with my luck, someone will smash into me and it will break (just like my Aigis cosplay haha) But I really would love to try.

Yay, you love Fairy Tail too! I'm so glad! If I have any questions, I'm going to ask you!

That's so cool that you and your mom are tag-teaming that cosplay! I wish my mom would do that! You have to show me when that's completed ;]

Mom taught me how to sew and is the one that initially got me into costuming. I've made costumes with her since I was a kid. It wasn't late high school that I found out that cosplay was a thing. She's still my go-to when I have a question.

Last December I actually brought her to her first convention, and she went in cosplay! She borrowed my Jurassic Park cosplay and had me do her scar make-up. I gotta tell ya, it's odd putting scar make-up on your mom!  

xinitia

Crew

khryseis eae

Demigod

29,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:43 pm
I would really love to cosplay Rosiel of Angel Sanctuary.. back then, I mean I really find him cool though his lunatic XD.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:12 am
I really want to wear Kuroko no basket uniform, especially for Seirin ; v;

well i want to try APH too, maybe Sealand's costume would be good xDD  

Ryo Ichinomiya

Wheezing Fatcat

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:18 am
Ryo Ichinomiya

Are you a fan of Hetalia? biggrin I think APH Sealand would be a great choice. He's very fun and his costume is so cute! Personally, I've cosplayed as APH Canada, APH America, and I'm going to be in a panel as APH China next year at Tora-Con! I think it'd be really fun as well to wear a uniform from Kuroko no Basuke! Do you have any plans to wear the said cosplays at any upcoming conventions? ovo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:27 am
nerdiepi
Ryo Ichinomiya

Are you a fan of Hetalia? biggrin I think APH Sealand would be a great choice. He's very fun and his costume is so cute! Personally, I've cosplayed as APH Canada, APH America, and I'm going to be in a panel as APH China next year at Tora-Con! I think it'd be really fun as well to wear a uniform from Kuroko no Basuke! Do you have any plans to wear the said cosplays at any upcoming conventions? ovo

wow, you've cosplayed America? ; AA; i reeeallyy want to cosplay him~ but, i'm quiet short, soo.. , v, i think it'll be weird
and yes i am a fan of them xDD

hmm i think no, i never gone to conventions before o mo  

Ryo Ichinomiya

Wheezing Fatcat

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:36 am
Ryo Ichinomiya
nerdiepi
Ryo Ichinomiya

wow, you've cosplayed America? ; AA; i reeeallyy want to cosplay him~ but, i'm quiet short, soo.. , v, i think it'll be weird
and yes i am a fan of them xDD

hmm i think no, i never gone to conventions before o mo

I don't think it matters what your body or your height looks like for cosplay- as long as you have an interest in the character, that's enough already. vuv I think if you'd like to cosplay America, you should! He super fun to portray!
I also recommend conventions- as long as you've got enough money to go and have transportation, and maybe a few friends as well! That always makes it more enjoyable. You also get to meet a lot of great people at conventions! I know I certainly have!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:11 pm
smithers456
Do you have a Dream Cosplay character outfit that you have always wanted to make?

Mine is Tuxedo Mask or Tuxedo Kamen from the Sailor Moon series. I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon series and I have taken hundreds of Cosplay Photos of Sailor Moon cosplayers over the years. I've always wanted to cosplay and pose as Tuxedo Mask by their side and have photos taken of the scouts and I together. This is big time Dream cosplay that I have always wanted to do. Also I would do it in Style. smile I want to do it right by buying or renting a tuxedo and and add his cape, mask, and top hat to the outfit.

What is your dream cosplay and why? Have you done it yet and or have plans on making one in the future?

I dream cosplay of Edward Elric "Fullmetal Alchemist", he's really cool and that Alchemy, I just know in the future it's possible to happen.
I haven't done it yet, I've only cosplayed a butler and a shinigami(bleach).
-maybe I don't have plans, can't find a time for cosplay. smile  

TimeDevourer16

energypill

Fluffy Fatcat

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:53 pm
I wanted to cosplay Akame of Akame Ga Kil but I don't even have a costume of it or any material to make one. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:53 pm
Ddeviant Mage
I wanted to cosplay Akame of Akame Ga Kil but I don't even have a costume of it or any material to make one. sweatdrop

Hi Ddeviant Mage,

Many cosplayers go to a lot of different places to get material for Cosplay Outfits. Sometimes you can go to craft stores but many people go to resale shops, value shops like Value World, Salvation Army thrift shops, and other thrift shops that sell gently used items. In the United States being that it's summer their are rummage sales, estate sales, and garage sales. Buying used clothing, material from craft shops can make a difference. So I suggest to shop around, Also the Crew of this Guild can help you out as well. If you need help with sewing or talking apart and or altering used clothing to make an outfit their are a lot of cosplayers out their and perhaps someone that you know who could help you out with that. Once you have the material you can look online for patterns to help make outfits out a scratch. My sister helped me buy material and got a pattern over the internet to make a cape for one of my outfits, Aren't sisters wonderful. smile You can even buy brand new or gently used cosplay outfits from other cosplayers. This is a new trend that is growing. Some cosplayers will even make an outfit for you. I'm going to let the rest of the Crew know and they should have ideas for you as well. In this message these are things off the top of my head. I personally drove to a lot of different places to find the different items for my cosplay outfits. I by no means are an expert. This is why we have other Crew Members that help you even more. Good luck on your Dream Cosplay outfits and other outfits that you want to create.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:31 pm
Ddeviant Mage

Aww, are you looking into places to buy material for it?
If you know how to sew, you could always start from scratch and sew material together to make her dress. Otherwise, I'm sure you could find a black dress from any store, and work with that. I found a red tie from a second-hand shop, along with belts. I really like going to those stores because I always find random things there! LOL ^^~

Like Smithers said, sometimes if it is last minute, you can even purchase used or new cosplay outfits from other cosplayers or even Amazon or Ebay. Sometimes you can really find good deals on there, especially for wigs!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 pm
TimeDevourer16
smithers456
Do you have a Dream Cosplay character outfit that you have always wanted to make?

Mine is Tuxedo Mask or Tuxedo Kamen from the Sailor Moon series. I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon series and I have taken hundreds of Cosplay Photos of Sailor Moon cosplayers over the years. I've always wanted to cosplay and pose as Tuxedo Mask by their side and have photos taken of the scouts and I together. This is big time Dream cosplay that I have always wanted to do. Also I would do it in Style. smile I want to do it right by buying or renting a tuxedo and and add his cape, mask, and top hat to the outfit.

What is your dream cosplay and why? Have you done it yet and or have plans on making one in the future?

I dream cosplay of Edward Elric "Fullmetal Alchemist", he's really cool and that Alchemy, I just know in the future it's possible to happen.

YAY, for Edward Elric! I cosplayed as Winry and the whole time I was at the con, I was looking for an Edward lol. That's awesome. I hope one day you get the opportunity to cosplay as him! ^^~ Sorry for jumping into your conversation, btw. cat_redface  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

TimeDevourer16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 pm
Starz-N-Madness
TimeDevourer16
smithers456

YAY, for Edward Elric! I cosplayed as Winry and the whole time I was at the con, I was looking for an Edward lol. That's awesome. I hope one day you get the opportunity to cosplay as him! ^^~ Sorry for jumping into your conversation, btw. cat_redface

That's okay, it'll be a small chance to cosplay him, as I said, I don't have much time for cosplaying. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:26 pm
TimeDevourer16
Starz-N-Madness
TimeDevourer16

That's okay, it'll be a small chance to cosplay him, as I said, I don't have much time for cosplaying. smile

Well, hopefully that will change (:  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

TimeDevourer16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:36 pm
Starz-N-Madness
TimeDevourer16
Starz-N-Madness
TimeDevourer16

Well, hopefully that will change (:

I hope so before I get old, or I'm old enough I think. :b  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas