[PRP] New Growth [Peep/Tipsy]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Peep nudged the budding leaf with her nose. She was, she would admit, a little bit smug. Yes, she was certainly pleased by the new growth. The seeds she had tenderly planted were well on their way and even the storm that had blown through the Swamp two days past hadn't fazed them. With her duties at home (and a new vegetable patch!), Peep didn’t get to come back to her first little garden as often as she would like to but when she did it was always a thrill to know her hard work had paid off.

Patmos of Endtimes
Finally got my s**t together!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:41 pm
Ruriska

User ImageThe grapeyard next to Peep's patch was growing just as well. Tipsy strolled in, singing sweetly, Peck the chicken following and eating bugs. "Good morning, Peep!" Tipsy called, after putting down a vine net with some odds and ends in it. "How's it going?"  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:52 pm
"Hello Tipsy! And you too Peck."

It was always a delight to see the red Acha, not just for her good nature but also the ingenious ideas she came up with. Peep knew her little patch wouldn't be so far along without the help.

"Very well, thank you. The leaves are growing larger now." She advanced forward a few steps to inspect the new net. "What have you made?"

Patmos of Endtimes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 am
Ruriska

"I'm not sure yet," she admitted. In the net were several sections of flat, thick bark off a tree type that tended to shed when infested with beetles. "I got bored with taking so much time to water with the gourds, and I thought, what if I just let the water flow into the garden, like a controlled swamp. But then it occurred to me that I'd just flood to poor plants. However, if I can divert a little of it nearby and block it with these, I can just lift them to let in water. I don't think it will work too well, but I wanted to try."  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:12 am
"How interesting." Peep tiptoed closer as not to disturb the net or the plants, nudging one of the vines carefully. She didn't have the end for this sort of thinking but she was absolutely certain Tipsy would work it out.

"There is a stream at The Den that I wanted to redirect into my vegetable patch..." She murmured thoughtfully. "But I was also worried that I large flood of rain would simply be too much."

Patmos of Endtimes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:47 pm
Ruriska

"Well, then we can learn from our mistakes here. And when we refine it, we can do it in your patch." She stood up on a rock to survey the area. "I think that I'd like to be more organic and make the little trenches meander around, rather than straight lines."  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:31 pm
"That sounds lovely," Peep said, happy to go along with whatever Tipsy suggested. She lowered her head, inspecting the little garden, imagining little rivulets of water running through. Yes, it would be delightful.

"How is your tribe doing?" She asked.

Patmos of Endtimes
edited because I gave you nothing to work with before

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas