Welcome to Gaia! ::

Positive Energy

Back to Guilds

We can talk about anything we like. A relaxed group. 

Tags: advice, random, positive, friends, happy 

Reply Memorable Threads
What made you Smile today? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love your smile?
I could use a little whitener, but yeah
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
My teeth are a little crooked, but yeah
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
My lips are almost always chapped so it hurts when I smile
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Oh no, I rarely crack a smile
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Yes, through and through
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Mine is the most beautiful anyone will ever see
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:54 pm
Smiles are beautiful gestures, so when someone or something makes you show yours, you express your appreciation with a thank you.

What made you want to say, "Thank you for making me smile" today?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm
heart I was out tonight,
and I saw the moon.

emotion_c8 The sky had a dark purple
glow and the moon was hidden
by clouds until I looked up.

sweatdrop I know that's
a very small thing. It's just the moon.

It just looked perfect to me.
Made me wish I knew how to paint properly.  

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:59 am
Cinderful

I feel that way about catching Weeping Willow leaves waving in the wind. Probably my obsession with Pocahontas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:18 pm
At my interview today, one of the interviewees told me that I came off as a 'highly energetic person' which I had never heard before from anyone. It made me pretty happy that I came off that way.  

angels losing sleep

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:46 pm
Different...Very.
Cinderful

I feel that way about catching Weeping Willow leaves waving in the wind. Probably my obsession with Pocahontas.

D'aww, that's so cute Cinderful. Makes we want to go out and see the stars and moon tonight.

And Diff I'm obsessed with the song "Colors of The Wind". It is just so amazing. So many lessons to be learned in just one song. I haven't seen the movie in a while though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm
Spenelli
Different...Very.
Cinderful

D'aww, that's so cute Cinderful. Makes we want to go out and see the stars and moon tonight.

And Diff I'm obsessed with the song "Colors of The Wind". It is just so amazing. So many lessons to be learned in just one song. I haven't seen the movie in a while though.
I watched in on VHS yesterday xd  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:31 pm
Okay now I have something to smile about!! Hahaha! It's kind of sinister though. But they asked for it. I had a job interview recently. They called me up, had found me on this thing called Alabama Job Link, or AJL for short. I spent probably 30 mins getting ready and an hour to and from the interview. I get there and they then decide to then inform me that the job required daily travel and you had to pass a $149 test. I don't drive so it was a waste of time. They said they had "multiple positions" they were hiring for, which was a lie. They are door to door insurance salesmen. Which wouldn't even be something I would want to do if I did have a car. Well here is where it gets crazy. After already setting up an interview they called me again to set one up. Then after the interview was done and over with, they called me again today to set one up. The same lady who had called me the first time, and met me in person, and e-mailed me twice. I remembered her name, why the hell did she not remember mine? I asked the lady to please not call me again. She tells me as long as my resume is up on AJL she will not stop calling me. No matter what I tried to say she just kept saying, "I hope you have a great day." In a sarcastic nice voice. So I tried to delete my account on AJL, but couldn't. So I called up AJL and told them my issue. They said Liberty Mutual calls everyone on their site and they've had complaints before about them. They asked me to e-mail their HQ. So I did. I explained the whole situation. I got an e-mail back already, and I can't stop laughing. They banned the company from using their website. HAHAHAHA!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:59 am
Spenelli
So I called up AJL and told them my issue. They said Liberty Mutual calls everyone on their site and they've had complaints before about them. They asked me to e-mail their HQ. So I did. I explained the whole situation. I got an e-mail back already, and I can't stop laughing. They banned the company from using their website. HAHAHAHA!

AJL's HQ or Liberty Mutual's HQ?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:24 am
emo

Had a rough morning
so far today.

Woke up wondering why
my room smelled funny.

scream My cat had a
tinkle on my bed!!!
I accidentally closed her in my room
last night without her litter emo

Anyway. I started crying
cuz it's an awful feeling to have a ruined bed.

My gramma made it all better :'3
She had a vase that's
shaped like a red apple and she put
a potato plant in it just for me emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:38 am
Knowing that I'll be going back to my hometown in two days is making me happy. I get to spend a little time with my brother and his family before we make a trip to Philly to visit my sister.  

angels losing sleep

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:27 am
Different...Very.
Spenelli
So I called up AJL and told them my issue. They said Liberty Mutual calls everyone on their site and they've had complaints before about them. They asked me to e-mail their HQ. So I did. I explained the whole situation. I got an e-mail back already, and I can't stop laughing. They banned the company from using their website. HAHAHAHA!

Alabama Job Link. So now they might have trouble finding more people to scam. I had a sneaking suspicion it was a pyramid scheme.. and found out it is. Whoever recruits you makes money every time you do. And I found out that $149 test is just the beginning of out of pocket expenses. I found to complete their background check and take their classes it ends up costing $700. I read some horror stories. They tell you to "fake it until you make it". They pressure you to buy expensive clothes and get a nicer car to give the illusion you are successful. One person said the job got them $75,000 in debt. O.O So I'm still smiling now thinking about what I did. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:30 am
angels losing sleep
Knowing that I'll be going back to my hometown in two days is making me happy. I get to spend a little time with my brother and his family before we make a trip to Philly to visit my sister.

Oh, nice!! It's hard when your family is far away. I'm excited about going home in 23 days. I hated where I was but I miss my kitty. I get to bring her back with me. :3 I've had dreams about her the past 3 nights. When it gets closer to time to go I'll definitely be smiling about it too.  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

angels losing sleep

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 am
Spenelli
angels losing sleep

Oh, nice!! It's hard when your family is far away. I'm excited about going home in 23 days. I hated where I was but I miss my kitty. I get to bring her back with me. :3 I've had dreams about her the past 3 nights. When it gets closer to time to go I'll definitely be smiling about it too.

Aww! I wish I still had pets to take care of. Unfortunately both of my cats I had when I still lived at home passed away. sad My fiancĂ© and I have to wait until we move out of his parents' house for us to get a pet again. I'm glad you get to bring your kitty back with you!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm
angels losing sleep

Aww! I wish I still had pets to take care of. Unfortunately both of my cats I had when I still lived at home passed away. sad My fiancé and I have to wait until we move out of his parents' house for us to get a pet again. I'm glad you get to bring your kitty back with you!

Aww, loosing a pet is so hard. I've dealt with that too. At first we thought we were looking for our own place, and a lot of apts here don't allow cats. So we were going to leave her there until we knew. But after a few weeks of being here we all realized how well we get along.. and that 3 adults in one house would make the money situation so much better. Me and my bf still don't have jobs but when we do we'll all have so much money, haha. One day his mom came in and said, "Well, you may as well bring the cat when you guys go back." I was sooo happy.  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm
Spenelli
Different...Very.
Spenelli

Alabama Job Link. So now they might have trouble finding more people to scam. I had a sneaking suspicion it was a pyramid scheme.. and found out it is. Whoever recruits you makes money every time you do. And I found out that $149 test is just the beginning of out of pocket expenses. I found to complete their background check and take their classes it ends up costing $700. I read some horror stories. They tell you to "fake it until you make it". They pressure you to buy expensive clothes and get a nicer car to give the illusion you are successful. One person said the job got them $75,000 in debt. O.O So I'm still smiling now thinking about what I did. xD
Oh ok. I'm glad they did something about it. It's hard to tell the legitimate network marketing companies from the pyramid scams. I mean, I started to look at all jobs as pyramids. If there's a CEO and a scheme of branches that trickles down to an employee, it's a pyramid. You just have to be willing to research heavily on which one you want to climb and which one even allows you to climb it.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff