Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] These wild sandy shores (Ares & Coralia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 am
User Image

Ares wasn’t exactly sure what he was doing, way out here in the middle of absolute nowhere. Only that he had been restless of late, an itch in his paws that never seemed to fully fade even when he trained so hard he fell into his den at night almost unconscious.

Oh, he had an excuse to be out here… hunting for fresh meat and scouting for new herds or well.. anything of interest, sent out by his sister who was one of the High Council lionesses, and had apparently become tired of having him follow her around, or rather ‘under her paws’ as she put it.

Smiling he shook his great maned head, amused at his spit-fire sibling’s bluntness. There was a reason she was the Sgiach’s close confidant. She always spoke her mind, never minced her words and cared not if doing the right thing offended someone. Bull-headed, their father had always said with pride, and Ares had never found a reason to dispute the observation.

Turning his thoughts away from Artemis and her proclivities, he instead focused on the landscape around him. He had reached a beach, of sorts, for the ocean lapped at the short sand bar, its steep incline making the little waves almost violent in their attempt to climb it. Behind him a small cliff rose sharply, its flank a dull gold in the sunshine.

Pretty place, but nothing to eat here…

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Tanakako

User Image

Oh much unlike what the male was thinking.. It was rather easy to find food here if you knew where to look. The crabs were especially fun to chase. Once they disappeared into the sand, she enjoyed undigging them. As if it was some sort of game with the best sort of reward at the end.

He stood out like a beacon. A neon sign against the soft colors of the sand and lapping ocean. If the sun had been out she was sure he'd sparkle like a star. She smiled at the thought. She blended into the darkness decently enough. The starshine only doing enough to make the colors stand out rather dully.

The water was still lapping at her path back home, and so she was stuck on the beaches for a little while. Not that she minded.. Mother..er..Sister as she was told to call everyone had told her she needed some work in the consort department. Coralia had never been interested in finding someone the way her other sisters had.

But he seemed like he would be interesting enough to speak with. At least worst case she would have someone to fawn on her. Or she expected him too, she was vain enough to think he just might..

Her hips swayed with the ocean, her paws nearly dancing on the sand as she walked towards him, the moon at her back. Her eyes glimmered and she smiled.

"You look lost."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:54 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

He had been playing with the wild little wavelets along the shore, pushing his toes into the damp sand to feel the drag and weird quick-sand feeling as the foamy ripples washed back and forth, excavating the grains under his pads and making him feel as if the whole beach was somehow unstable. It was rather fascinating.

As a result the typically alert warrior was completely preoccupied and the warm feminine voice caught him by surprise. Turning he looked into the shadows, only then realising how late it had gotten as he struggled to make out the stranger’s form in the encroaching darkness.

“Not really lost, just directionless….” He replied with a half grin, his voice was deep and a little husky as if he didn’t use it very much, or at least not very loudly. In contrast to his midnight mane and ruby-star studded coat, his eyes were a brilliant green, the colour so intense they appeared to almost glow in the darkness. His sister’s were the same but a near-white colour, resembling twin full moons, but no moon was ever green so his gaze was simply striking, and rather piercing, as if he saw all of you, regardless of whether you wanted him to or not.

Turning away from the wavelets lapping hungrily at his paws he gave the lioness all of his attention, waiting to see if she would come close enough to be visible through the shadows.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm
Tanakako

She smiled, golden eyes closing as she shook her head. He had quite a voice on him. Dark, and strong.. She had no doubt this lion was powerful. Though she wondered just how powerful. Her parents had been amazing creatures. Her father the ex-warlord of the Stormborn.. Though she was forbidden to say such things.. and her mother.. Lady of the Paw in the Mermaids. She had a proud lineage. Such a shame she kept her sire from everyone. Mother had said that was the price of good family. Good secrets..

She came just close enough so that the moon shone on her face, exposing her though not completely. She wasn't likely to wander into full sight. She preferred toying, and flirting, with others. She was also just close enough to look the male over. He may have been bright from far off, but he was quite lovely. His pelt so vivid, and his eyes almost looking as if they would bore into her soul.

"Mmmm.. Directionless? You know, the stars make for quite a good map." She purred.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

He waited as she slowly drifted closer, like seafoam on the ocean waves, gracefully mysterious, very obviously real and yet he had the distinct sense of something mystical, as if she were the seagoddess come ashore this one night. Nonsence he suspected but he simply couldn't shake the feeling, and being who he was he was more inclinded to believe there was more to the eye than the obvious. Afterall his sister was a direct hotline to the Goddess.

Finally she was close enough that he could make out details, not many, but enough to tell she was as beautiful as her voice and did indeed carry the kind of markings he accociated with those less earthly. Her facial markings were not the moon tattoos of his own belief, but they were similar enough that he felt it could not simply be coincidence.

A warm smile curcled across his muzzle, a strangly gentle expression for such a large and obviously powerful male. For his profession as a Knight was obvious in his muscular frame.

"Ahh... well, I don't think the stars can help me..." He responded, a low chuckle escaping before he paused, his expression turning considering. "I hope I am not trespassing..." He tilted his head in a clear question. "I beg your pardon if I am."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 pm
Tanakako

He watched as she approached, and she knew she had him entranced. Nott in the mystical way, but she knew she wasn't an ugly lioness.. and the moon was so good at showing off her good side.

She looked over his own forehead markings, cocking her head as she wondered about his heritage. She knew there were past mermaids out there. Maybe he had mermaid blood. Likelyhood was next to nil, as most of the mermaid sisters that had left, had perished. But it was interesting to think about.

"Oh nonsense, the stars can help everyone." She all but purred. She sat, in close proximity to the lion. She was good distance for running if she had to. But close enough to that wasn't exactly obvious as a thought in her head.

"You aren't trespassing. You've cleared the Pirates lands long ago." She said with her own light giggle.

"I am Coralia. Who are you, Moon Walker?"  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:43 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

His smile widened slightly as she answered, true pleasure in his expression. Her voice was like the ocean, seductive in the darkness of the moonlit night, a wash of sound that flowed around him, tugging at him in some unidentifiable way. She was as exotic as he was often told he was, a whimsy of moonlight and dreamings.

Maybe this one night he could put down the mantel of Knight and simply enjoy another’s company….

Settling back on his haunches, almost mirroring her posture, he smiled again. “That is good to hear, I have heard rumours of the Pirates, I doubt it would be a good idea to blunder into them on my own. Though, I don’t exactly have any treasure on me ..” A soft laugh, rueful and easy. “I’m Ares, and it is a pleasure to meet you, Coralia.” He dipped his head in a respectful bow, his ghostly eyes shimmering in the low light, his smile still crinkling the corners of his eyes.

“The stars hu… I don’t know, maybe I am just no good at reading them…” He gave her a playfully quizzical look. “I should possibly look for a translator in that case.”  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:18 am
Tanakako
Buffy_the_Bloody

He spoke his name, and she found herself smiling despite herself. She had always been told she was enchanting, and beautiful. But never had she allowed herself to believe that other's out there could be the same. She liked to believe that the mermaids were superior.. They were the most exotic in the world. Or.. that's what she thought.

"Pleasure is mine, Ares." She said, repeating his name as if it was made from a cloud of velvet.

She smiled again. The stars told all, you just had to know how to read them. Once you did, it was impossible to be lost, so long as the stars were glowing in the night sky.

"I'm sure I wouldn't mind terribly. Though my services have never been free." She grinned deviantly.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 am
Buffy_the_Bloody
Gaia has stopped sending me quotes. >_<

He could sit and listen to her for the rest of the night and never grow bored. She was as enchanting as the stars sparkling high above them. He hoped to draw this meeting out, to engage her a ltitle longer, this mysterious creature of moonlight and whimsy.

Her words were a very pleasent surprise. Maybe she was interested in the same thing? Grinning, his own moonbright eyes warm with amusement, he dipped his head slightly, intrigued.

"I would never imagine to lay claim upon your time and offer nothing in return, however I have little of value to give in return..." His smile stayed, warm and inviting. "I could only offer my services. As a Knight I can be fairly useful." A low, warm chuckle escaped him, holding an easy confidence and a humility that was appealing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm
Tanakako

"Good thing for you, value is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps I seek something a little different. Truth was, she was supposed to be giving the pride new sisters. She'd been tasked with it.. and Ares, seemed a strikingly capable male indeed.

"I think I should appreciate your knightly services this evening. Just in case there is a bit of riff raff scowering the sandy shores." She truthfully had a little more service she was going to require.. But safety was a big one. It would be a few hours still before the waves ebbed away enough for her to sneak through and return home.. She could imagine how happy her sisters would be if she returned home with the knowledge she'd found a consort.. Mother would probably think her lying, it had been that hard to get her out in the field.

"Tell me of your lands, Ares. I'm quite interested in where you come from." She said, settling in and curling her tail around her paws as she stared at him expectantly.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items