User ImageUser Image

nessiaing: Amaranta had a skip in her step as she was walking the paths to the center of the forest. She could not contain her excitement about have found a new home. It had been a very long time since Binadamu had collapsed and now she found this place. A place that valued knowledge Amaranta couldn't have found a better place. For once she was encouraged to use a mind that she had always had instead of her looks which she had always used to get by.

She liked being around like minded leopards, it felt safer it just being leopards. Though Amaranta had to admit everyone seemed a little on edge here, she had heard some stories of an attack but hadn't managed to get the full story yet.

Velvie: Arcus was a big leopard. Not only because of his stature but his muscles rippled beneath his fur. It was obvious from first glance at him that he was strong, and he worked hard at maintaining it. He trained daily - sometimes even twice or three times daily. At the moment, there was only a small defence force, and Arcus felt responsible for the colony. Especially now that there were cubs being born - the next generation mus be protected from the unknowing attacker. There was little that he could do though, until they knew what was happening.

He moved swiftly through the trees, his pale form flickering in out and out of the leaves above where Amaranta was walking

nessiaing: Amaranta heard the leaves rustling above her and she paused to look up. The leopards here spent a lot of time in the trees, Amaranta had never been a very good tree climber she tended to be a little clumsy and the idea of being up in the trees and falling didn't seem to be a very good idea.

As she studied the trees she noticed the flicker of a light pelt she smiled trying to make out who was moving above her. "Hello" she called to whoever it was. She hadn't met very many leopards here yet and was interested in knowing more.

Velvie: Arcus hesitated at the sound of someone calling out to him. The voice was unfamiliar, but that wasn't unusual. Strangers walked in and out of the colony lands as if they were all friends - Arcus wished they would close the borders but that would never happen. He glanced down, spying the female below the trees. Ah, she was on the ground. Odd. He stretched in the trees for a moment, before weaving down to a lower branch. He still didn't make his way down to the ground though, prefering the advantage of height and speed in the trees.

"Greetings," he murmured back, his voice a rumble. "You are new." It wasn't a question.

nessiaing: Amaranta looked up at the male above her, studying him for a moment. He was a large buily leopard, clearly very strong. If she were an opponent she would definitely be intimidated. She counted her blessings that she was a friend not a foe.

"I am new" she said in agreement to his statement. "I joined not to long ago, I am a new lawspeaker." she told him. She was proud to be here and using her brians. She hadn't learned all the laws yet that would take some time but she was learning the basics quickly.

"My name is Amaranta."

Velvie: Ah, she was a scholar. He was somehow unsurprised. It seemed very few were interested in the way of the body, rather than the mind. Still, he did not blame them. The way of the defence force was tough. Very tough. He nodded in greeting to her. "Then welcome. It will be good to have some law and order in the colony," he mused. It would be a benefit to the force if law was maintained...well, once they had a force to speak of.

"I am Arcus," he introduced himself. "Captain of Defence."

nessiaing: Amaranta nodded, Captain of Defence seemed like an important title. It certainly explained the amazing physique she had been admiring.

"Well you are certainly a male that I need to know." she was slipping into the flirt she had been before coming to the pride, a habit she didn't want to continue. This was the new life that she had wanted and she had commited to not using flirting and her body to get her places or make friends.

"It seems I need to learn to climb tree's better, my old home was in a beach setting not a lot of trees." she told him.

Velvie: He raised a brow at her comment, but did not take it as a flirt. He was not one to flirt openly with others, mostly because he was usually not interested. She was attractive yes, but despite his own vanity with his physique, it was not looks that appealed to him. "As Law-Speaker and Captain, I'm sure we will see much of each other," he remarked. Especially as there was no commander at present. He was the highest ranked defence personel, though he was equal to the Warden.

He gave a half smile. "You will pick it up easily," he assured. "It is, after all, in our blood."

nessiaing: Amaranta smiled "I do hope I pick it up soon, I feel a fool walking around on the ground, and I do not like to feel a fool." she said a laugh in her voice.

She did enjoy hearing that she would be seeing a good deal of the male, although he may not be the warmest of creatures she found him intreguing and wanted to get to know him more.

"I should let you get on with your day. I do hope we run into each other again soon." she offered him a kind smile before making her way down the path that she was on. Determined to go and practice her tree climbing.

Velvie: "Stay safe, Miss Amaranta, I am sure we will meet again," he remarked as she began to walk away, and with a simple launch of his back legs, he took to the trees once again.

He continued on his path, moving through the trees with an ease. She was interesting, he decided, musing to himself. He was excited that there was a law-speaker, finally, but there was still a long way to go to get the defence force up and running with a full force. He was determined though.