Welcome to Gaia! ::

Positive Energy

Back to Guilds

We can talk about anything we like. A relaxed group. 

Tags: advice, random, positive, friends, happy 

Reply Negative Energy (Rants)
Small Rant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PantherGirl2010

Heart Humorist

11,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 am
So, I'm having some issues that I feel the need to rant about. My fiance is good to rant to, but he just tells me to calm down and get over it. Like, how is that going to help? Anyway, I still live with my mom. My fiance came down last year at Christmas to visit from Kansas, and he decided to stay here. About a month or two after he got here, we moved out to the little apartment building out back of the house. Then my best friend who's like a sister to me moved in. It was all fine and good, but lately things are getting out of hand. Another friend of ours is temporarily staying here until she gets the letter she needs from the apartments she's moving into, so we also have here here. Anyway, the best friend one, her name is Britny, she's kind of a mooch. Like, she doesn't really do anything. She only takes care of the animals when I ask her to, and she doesn't even do her chores sometimes...and if she does, she just kind of half does them. She also doesn't like following the rules we have made, so I had to literally make a sign with them on them just so she'll get the idea. Like, right now all of us don't have jobs, and I'm trying to get one, but we had to get food stamps just to support us until we get jobs. So, we buy like food and drinks with them. She'll drink more than one soda a day, even after I said only one. Then she just acts like it's no big deal. So that's one rule I'm putting into major affect. I also have some more adult drinks that I bought with some of my money I made when I gave plasma, that I have a sign saying not to touch...thank goodness she hasn't touched them yet. She also says she does job applications, but I never see her do them...so that's a new one we're going to do. Make everyone do job apps at the same time. At least one a day. Then she's always on her laptop or phone, which so am I, but still. I have a new rule that everyone gets off all of their electronics because they need to sit down for at least an hour a day and read. I'm getting off topic though. O.o Anyway, so Britny decided to come out to our little apartment and tell me her and our other friend, Sabrina, were going out. I was like...okay whatever. But then she just kind of all of a sudden saw a look on my face and then as an afterthought was like "well, I can ask Sabrina if you can come too."...like, I got annoyed with an ex of mine for doing that...do you honestly think I'm okay with you doing it too? How much more of a b*tch can someone be? Okay...done ranting...if anyone has any thought or whatever on the rules thing, let me know...like, I don't find it to be too rude or mean. Everything has to have order and stuff.

You push me back I push you back Harder, harder You scream at me I scream at you Louder, l-l-l-l-louder

I'm dangerous, I'm warning you But you're not afraid of me And I can't convince you You don't know me  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am
Ariella Sokol
So, I'm having some issues that I feel the need to rant about. My fiance is good to rant to, but he just tells me to calm down and get over it. Like, how is that going to help? Anyway, I still live with my mom. My fiance came down last year at Christmas to visit from Kansas, and he decided to stay here. About a month or two after he got here, we moved out to the little apartment building out back of the house. Then my best friend who's like a sister to me moved in. It was all fine and good, but lately things are getting out of hand. Another friend of ours is temporarily staying here until she gets the letter she needs from the apartments she's moving into, so we also have here here. Anyway, the best friend one, her name is Britny, she's kind of a mooch. Like, she doesn't really do anything. She only takes care of the animals when I ask her to, and she doesn't even do her chores sometimes...and if she does, she just kind of half does them. She also doesn't like following the rules we have made, so I had to literally make a sign with them on them just so she'll get the idea. Like, right now all of us don't have jobs, and I'm trying to get one, but we had to get food stamps just to support us until we get jobs. So, we buy like food and drinks with them. She'll drink more than one soda a day, even after I said only one. Then she just acts like it's no big deal. So that's one rule I'm putting into major affect. I also have some more adult drinks that I bought with some of my money I made when I gave plasma, that I have a sign saying not to touch...thank goodness she hasn't touched them yet. She also says she does job applications, but I never see her do them...so that's a new one we're going to do. Make everyone do job apps at the same time. At least one a day. Then she's always on her laptop or phone, which so am I, but still. I have a new rule that everyone gets off all of their electronics because they need to sit down for at least an hour a day and read. I'm getting off topic though. O.o Anyway, so Britny decided to come out to our little apartment and tell me her and our other friend, Sabrina, were going out. I was like...okay whatever. But then she just kind of all of a sudden saw a look on my face and then as an afterthought was like "well, I can ask Sabrina if you can come too."...like, I got annoyed with an ex of mine for doing that...do you honestly think I'm okay with you doing it too? How much more of a b*tch can someone be? Okay...done ranting...if anyone has any thought or whatever on the rules thing, let me know...like, I don't find it to be too rude or mean. Everything has to have order and stuff.

You push me back I push you back Harder, harder You scream at me I scream at you Louder, l-l-l-l-louder

I'm dangerous, I'm warning you But you're not afraid of me And I can't convince you You don't know me

eek Woah. You are dealing
with a LOT of people in one area.

I can absolutely see why you
have rules in your household.
If you're stocking the fridge,
you can make all the rules you want.

And your rules should be followed scream

neutral I do hope the "freeloading"
stops at some point,
but it's very sweet of you
to give a home to so many friends heart  

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 am
Ariella Sokol

Seems like you are the only one trying to get a job. People will prey on your good nature. I have had a similar experience. I lived with my fiance, his parents, his brother, and his brothers fiance. I was the only one with a real job. My boyfriend worked at the same place I did, but he called in sick at least once a week. We only worked 3 days too! scream He made minimum wage, I actually had a career there making over $13/hr. Nobody else did crap or even tried. His dad worked for the family construction business, which was a huge joke. He hardly ever got paid but he kept getting up every day and wasting his gas money to go to work. He made just enough to buy most of him and his wife's cigarettes and his beer. I say most, how sad he didn't even make enough to fully support their habits! Honestly me and my fiance were very close. But the way we were living put a huge strain on our relationship. I became resentful of him because I was tired of supporting his whole family. He had his drug addictions too which didn't help. I finally realized this wasn't the life I wanted and I had to move out of my own house. They all refused to leave. To repay me for the years I had taken care of them they destroyed almost all my personal belongings I couldn't take with me the first time. They took an axe to my antique dressers, gave away my clothes and even killed my fish by spraying them with spray paint. They put holes in the walls of my house. I was so grateful for the landlord. He felt so bad for me he didn't make me repay him the damages.. or the rent I couldn't pay. We were about 2 months behind when I left.

I guess my advice to you is to get mean. Sit everyone down and tell them they cannot mooch off your family any longer. Tell them if they don't try harder to get jobs and help out with chores they are gone. Make them show you their apps and prove they are trying. One a day isn't even good enough. They need to spend a few hours each day on the job hunt, even if it's from home on the net, searching sites like Monster or Indeed. You have to get strict. Let them know if they don't want to follow your rules, they can get out. It's hard to be mean, but sometimes you have to. They are imposing on your life, and even your relationship with your fiance might suffer.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:25 am
Cinderful

eek Woah. You are dealing
with a LOT of people in one area.

I can absolutely see why you
have rules in your household.
If you're stocking the fridge,
you can make all the rules you want.

And your rules should be followed scream

neutral I do hope the "freeloading"
stops at some point,
but it's very sweet of you
to give a home to so many friends heart

Yeah. I'm really kind, but sometimes I feel like people just take advantage of my kindness. I think we've worked everything out. We all had some inside steam about each other building up that had to come out, and when it did, it was like the gates of the Underworld opened up and all the souls came out. xD  

PantherGirl2010

Heart Humorist

11,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

PantherGirl2010

Heart Humorist

11,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:28 am
Spenelli

Me and him are doing okay right now. We have our own little apartment, time to ourselves all the time, and things seem okay. I mean, the hardest part was getting the words out, but when I found out what my friend did, which I'll post about in my journal, then that's when I blew up. That's when all the inside feelings I had kept harbored came out, and then things went from bad, to worse, to good in the span of ten minutes. It was just that we all had resentful feelings.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:43 pm
Ariella Sokol

Well it sounds like something really good happened. smile Sometimes things have to get bad before they can get better. And kudos to you for sharing your real feelings. It's not good to keep stuff to yourself.  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100