Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] Hooked On A Feeling (GotG Movie Outing!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:11 pm
On a moderately nice Friday evening, just before the sun set, an emoticon filled message was sent out to the Island participants with the hope that the more stars the author used the more people would see it. Dissatisfied to learn that there was no raccoon smiley, sparkles were replaced and it would just have to do.
With the notice sent out to the Twitterverse, all that was left to do was get to the portal and act as Comic Book Movie Ambassador to the people of Deus. Abbi was taking the matter very seriously, as evidenced by how early she was the portal as well as her general eagerness. That particular emotion had spilled over onto the people running the portal who had to suffer the incessant chattering of the excited teen. She had started by just explaining how she didn't really know a thing about the movie they were going to see only that it was comic books and those were really cool. That, of course, meant she had to explain why they were cool but also to divulge that she'd never really gotten an honest chance to read many and on and on and on.
One of the Hunters running the portal had tried to look interested in her nervous chatting, but had grown bored and eventually just nodded occasionally regardless if it was appropriate or not. The other had completely tuned them both out.
Were anyone to approach, they would hear a very animated Abbi discussing the finer points of who she thought was her favorite comic book character.

Quote:

All are welcome! This is just a fun little outing to a random movie theater to see The Guardians of the Galaxy movie! OuO// There will be a bit of time for everyone to hang out in the mall before the movie begins so have fun.

• This WILL require a day of leave for August!
  • There will PROBABLY most likely entirely possibly maybe definitely be some sort of mild suffering/ fighting/ ACTION going on! So... There's that warning!
  • I don't think I have anything else, if you have questions you know where to reach me! ;>
  • HAVE FUN KIDDOS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 pm
Chel had no ******** clue what the guardians of the galaxy were, but she did know that a bunch of people were headed out to a movie and she liked hanging out with people, so she was there.

She (very casually) threw an arm around Abbi and said, "Hey orange-head. You're gonna buy me popcorn, right?"

ayeavast
YES HELLO O U O/ !!!

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:21 am
"Hello Abbi!" Peyton threw a hand up, waving at the other girls as she headed towards them. "Hey Chel. How you guys doing?" The former she'd seen pretty recently, but Pey hadn't seen much of Chel, before or after the Sun meeting, and really not much during. The pink haired girl hadn't seemed in a hurry to present anything in the way of proposal, or involve herself at all, really.

As she joined the two she fished her phone out of her back pocket, lighting up the screen and unlocking it, so she could shoot Noah a quick text to let him know she'd meet him at the lighthouse.

ayeavast

chimarii

prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:37 pm
Chris had every clue what Guardians of the Galaxy was, and he was pumped.

He appeared at the portal just moments after Chel, looking way too excited. Sure, it wasn't Captain America, but it was still Marvel. That was good enough for him. Chris gave a quick wave to the girl who had organized it all, even though he didn't know her. She was the hero tonight.

"Think a lot of people are going to show up?" he asked Chel.

chimarii

ayeavast

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 pm
Noah appeared, made a beeline for Pey to give her a brief kiss, and then gravitated straight to Abbi to listen with rapt attention to who was her favorite character and why.

Beejoux

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:46 pm
Noticing he hadn't seen Lydia around, yet, Chris pulled out his phone.

seussi
To: Lydia[color=white]
yooooo. where you at? they're opening a portal to go see guardians of the galaxy, come hang with meeeee. i'll buy you popcorn i swear.

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:47 pm
"And like so they made her um... Oracle?" So maybe she was fuzzy on the details of some things, but hey this hunter dude was at least sort of listening to her!
Abbi had more to say, but a spot of pink had found her and the teen turned her attention fully to Chel.
"Hey pink-head! And heck yes! I will even buy you a large." She laughed and slipped an arm around her for a quick hug. "Unless they have like a jumbo size or something and I'll buy that instead."
A moment later Peyton showed up which required the red head to hop over and wave in way of greeting.
"Hi hi! I'm glad you made it! Is uh... Your um... Boy... Joining us?" They were dating right right that made sense right. Some things were hard to tell over Twitter but Abbi was pretty sure that the two who had expressed interest in joining her were involved.

Someone new had appeared and that required introductions, but then two new people appeared instead so the girl waited.
"Hi! I'm Abbi and you must be Noah?" She offered a hand to him after he'd kissed Peyton (ok good they were totally dating yes she had definitely been right A+ Abbi), before she swiveled to the other man.
"I don't know you. Sorry." But she grinned and waited for his name.
"You guys... Guardians fans?" Please someone be a fan so they could tell her stuff about them please please pleeaseeee.

Chimarii
OVO////

Beejoux

DarkHeartedSorrow

Prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:38 pm
Chel then moved out of the hug and pulled Abbi into a headlock and gave her a kiss on her little head. "Then I'm ordering the biggest size they got!"

She relented and let the girl talk to the others who had joined them (Peyton got a wave, her boo-thang got two fingers pointed at her own eyes and them him in a "watching you" sort of motion). Chris got a punch on the arm. "Dunno why not." She looked over his shoulder at his texts in that annoying sibling way and then said, "Yo weak as ********. Rule number one is always make other people buy s**t for you, not the other way around. You got the hots for her or somethin'?"

The pink headed hunter did a little texting of her own though.

seussi
Text to Finn: ey, were seein a movie with lil abbi. tell ur right hand ur date tonight will have 2 wait.

chirigami
Text to Milo: green ranger! were goin 2 c a movie. bring bluey it can b like a date for u 2.

ol-j-man
Text to Jack: r u back on the island yet or w/e?? were goin out to a movie dont b a d**k come and have fun.

Text to Jack: o peytons here if thats a thing

Text to Jack: nvm just come anyways itll b fun abbis buying stuff

Text to Jack: pls

Chel only looked up from her phone when Abbi asked if they were fans. "Honestly I got no clue what they are. They're like a superhero team, right? I dunno, Chris probably gives way more of a s**t than I do." She patted the moon on the back and gave him a slight shove forward, as if to say, time to shine.

darkheartedsorrow

ayeavast

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:13 pm
It had seemed like a fine idea initially to Nellie. A movie outing meant that interpersonal interactions with others would be limited to before and after the movie itself plus they could always talk about the movie if they really had nothing to talk to one another about at the end of the day.

There was just only one group gathering next to the portal when she arrived so she figured that that had to be it. Crossing over to Abbi whom she presumed was the one behind organising this particular outing, she smiled weakly and gave a little wave.

"H-hi..."

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:30 pm
Chris snorted dismissively and bumped Chel away with his elbow. "No.. She's my roommate. She's just a friend."

He pocketed his phone and stuck his tongue out as his cousin, because he was a child. "Not like you're not texting a bunch of your boy toys, too. Maybe I just don't want to be the third wheel to your weird harem."

"I'm Chris," he offered to Abbi with a smile. "And yeah, I'm a Marvel fan in general."

chimarii

ayeavast

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 pm
Lydia had pretty much settled herself in for an afternoon and evening alone (as usual), making plans for a trip to the library, or maybe to the labs, or possibly even to visit the minipets. The dorm room was empty, Chris's absence hardly noteworthy to the scatterbrained woman, who assumed that he had acquired alternate company or just simply had better things to do.

When her phone chimed and vibrated at her from within her jacket pocket, she had jumped, startled and wide eyed. Who could possibly be sending her a message? She was not used to being contacted by...well, anybody, at any time, so of course her first thought was that it must be some kind of emergency!

She had fumbled around for her phone, pulling it out from her pocket and dropping it in her slippery fingered haste. With a startled sound, she dropped to her knees and scooped it up, almost afraid to look at the message that was displayed.

...........Guardians of the Galaxy? What was that, some kind of rock band? Was Chris inviting her to a concert? She could feel a flush creeping across her cheeks at the thought of a boy, a handsome one at that, even if it was just Chris, inviting her anywhere. Was this...some kind of date?

To flustered to even think of replying, Lydia shot straight to her feet, biting down on her lip. What should she do? Should she go? He was offering to buy her popcorn...which was an odd confectionery to find at a rock concert but who was she to really question it. Dancing from foot to foot, biting her lip, free hand clutching at the hem of her sweater, she looked like a woman on the brink of a complete nervous breakdown before she finally stopped and took several long, deep breaths of air.

"Okay. Okay I will go but this is not a date." She said to herself, nodding sharply as if to make a point (again, to herself it would seem).

Not long later, the always disheveled mess that was Lydia came trotting along towards the portal where she could see a group of several others gathered. Her face was red, her curly blue hair was barely being kept tied back by an overused scrunchy that had lost most of it's elasticity, and because her glasses were perched on top of her head, she squinted at those gathered, and was practically on top of them when she came stumbling to a halt.

"H-hi!" She was breathing a little heavily, eyes darting around for familiar blonde hair. "I'm here for the uh......concert?" Well, no, that was a lie. She was there for her handsome roommate, wherever he was.

darkheartedsorrow
Anyone nearby that she might be talking to idk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm
A date? The hell Chel, what the hell did you think their relationship was with one another. They were just really great friends (right?). Either way, even after receiving the text and giving the read over a very pointed look, he still walked across the hall to get Noemi - not, because it would be a date or anything, just because he would have wanted to bring the Mist along anyways. Would be fun, right? It had been a while since he'd seen a new movie... even if he had no idea what this movie was even about. Sounded very Power Ranger though - really, with a name like Guardians of the Galaxy? How could it not!

chimarii
Text to Chel
Dude, sounds fun! B there in a bit

It wasn't long before the two of them showed up at the portal - hopefully without Noemi taking it the wrong way of being asked to the movie or anything or... like him taking her hand to head over there. "Yo! Sup guys!"

nyxtsuki moon

Quote:
AND EVERYONE ELSE! HI

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:30 pm
If Milo ever asked, Noemi would tell him that Chelsea once asked if they were having sex. But since he didn't and she had long since burrowed the question in the nope zone, she didn't even think of it.

Milo per usual was a whirlwind of smiles and sunshine in her room, and she wasn't even sure what she was doing until the stopped with the group. Belatedly, it was probably a good thing he was holding her hand because it was the only way she would know where, who and what was going on.

She even forgot to let go as she pulled a small beanie hat down lower. Out of the group, she knew Abbi and Chris and Lydia.

Oh and Milo.

"H...hello...." The small mist huntress used Milo for a small meat shield against the strangers. Her free hand was brought up in a small finger wave to CAPTAIN CHRISSSSSSS and Miss Lydia.

Chirigami
Quote:
Hi all of u other people how u doin....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:16 pm
Pey returned the kiss happily, and trailed after him as he moved closer to Abbi to hear what she had to say about whatever it was she was going on about. Peyton wasn't all that versed in the Marvel universe. She knew the x-men alright, the movies were good, and the Avengers had been great, but she hadn't known just how wide spread that universe was. Noah seemed to, but Pey just didn't have a clue, so she stood near him, hand seeking out his, and listened, at least until Abbi asked a question she was able to answer. "Never heard of it, actually," she admitted with a laugh. "But the preview looked really good, and who can say no to a night out at the movie?"

Chel had pulled out her phone and seemed to be tapping out a novel, and Peyton didn't know who the blonde guy was, but there were other's starting to turn up. One was a dark haired girl she had not yet met in person, but had seen on twitter. "Hi Nellie." The other was Lydia, and Peyton flashed a fond smile to the quirky girl as she wandered closer. "Movie," she corrected gently, grinning at the other girl. "How you doing, Lydia?"

Milo's appearance easily pulled the dainty Sun's attention, and she lifted her free hand to give the tall guy a wave. "Yo Green!" Her head titled, small frame leaning to the side to spy the girl behind Milo's large body. "And Noemi."

ayeavast

prolixity

seussi

baby_gwing

chirigami

nyxtsuki moon

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:55 pm
The headlock wasn't so much fun, but since it was Chel and she only meant affection by it, Abbi did not bother to fight it. She did, however, make a pointed note of standing just outside the girl's reach, just in case. As for who the Guardians were, unfortunately Abbi couldn't say much in the matter since she really didn't know who they were either, but she did turn eager eyes to Chris.
"So are you like strictly Marvel or do you like DC too?" Not that it really mattered to her, she really only cared about finding a fellow nerd.
About to follow up with quite a few questions, the teen stopped when approached by someone new. It took her a moment to place the face as profile pictures and actual people were vastly different things, but once she did she was all bright grins and bounces.
"Oh hey! You're Nellie, right? I'm so glad you could join us! Its really nice to meet you, yanno, outside of Twitter."

Honestly surprised by the turnout, Abbi could not help but to beam at everyone gathered in the giddiest of manners. Even the arrival of a disheveled, confused girl only received a bright laugh.
"Sorry, we're all here for a movie. I-D-K if there's a group here for a concert or not." The arrival of Noemi and Milo distracted her and she bounded off toward them.
"I should have know I coulda counted on you to show up!" She told Milo with an amiable look that turned curious, as well as a little mischevious, when it moved to Noemi as if she were posing a secret question to the girl. A gesture that was meant to ask if they were together, since they'd arrived at the same time, was passed to Noemi but Abbi only winked at the girl before she turned away.
"We'll wait a few more minutes, but we should be heading out soon-ish!"

Chimarii
baby_gwing
nyxtsuki moon
darkheartedsorrow
chirigami
beejoux
seussi

THAT WAS REALLY HARD TO TYPE ON A TABLET JSYK UR LUCKY ILUALL

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items