Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Avatar Fans Unite Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 am
Greetings Everyone,

I just finished watching the incredible ending of the series "The Legend of Korra - Book 2 Spirits". If you have not seen the "The Legend of Korra" Avatar series it's a must see. It's on Nickelodeon on cable but I saw it on the DVD's that I bought of book parts of the series. What do you think of this new Avatar and of the series itself? If you haven't seen it yet consider giving it look. The character development and action makes you want to see more. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:43 pm
smithers456

I haven't had the opportunity to finish watching Korra, but I saw all of Avatar: The Last Airbender and actually have all the books for it. I'm looking forward to seeing all of Korra, and if you haven't seen the original Avatar series, I highly recommend it.

Definitely do not watch the Live Action version, though.

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:32 am
Lady Shimizu
smithers456

I haven't had the opportunity to finish watching Korra, but I saw all of Avatar: The Last Airbender and actually have all the books for it. I'm looking forward to seeing all of Korra, and if you haven't seen the original Avatar series, I highly recommend it.

Definitely do not watch the Live Action version, though.

Hi Lady Shimizu,

I own and have watched the entire "The Last Airbender" series. I also now own all 4 books of the "The Legend of Korra" series. I'm a big fan of both series. I did watch the Live Action version of Avatar but I feel that the animated series is much better. I like how they added some of the characters from the original animated Airbender series to the new series. It's a great way to link both series. My favorite character is Korra and I can feel what she goes through in the series.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:39 am
Have you heard about the new Avatar stuff coming out?  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:29 pm
angelmage99

Doing a quick look through Bing this is what I found:

As reported in February, Avatar: The Last Airbender creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko inked a major deal with Nickelodeon to produce way more Avatar-related television and film projects through Avatar Studios, with most of them heading to the recently rebranded Paramount+. With Ang, Korra and the rest of the crew set to return, The Last Airbender fanbase has been salivating over the news of a potential shared universe for projects new and old, and execs from the franchise’s home base Nickelodeon recently spoke on such current developments. Credit Cinema Blend  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:01 am
smithers456
angelmage99

Doing a quick look through Bing this is what I found:

As reported in February, Avatar: The Last Airbender creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko inked a major deal with Nickelodeon to produce way more Avatar-related television and film projects through Avatar Studios, with most of them heading to the recently rebranded Paramount+. With Ang, Korra and the rest of the crew set to return, The Last Airbender fanbase has been salivating over the news of a potential shared universe for projects new and old, and execs from the franchise’s home base Nickelodeon recently spoke on such current developments. Credit Cinema Blend

Well there is also talk of Netflix doing a movie remake of some type. The creators were also on board, but back out of the project. It's unknow if they didn't like the direction or if it was because of these new projects. Part of the Paramount+ project is also a website with bonus content.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:18 pm
Now that a new trailer dropped for Netflix's liveaction, what do you guys think of it?

I'm trying to reserve my opinions about casting until I can watch it. I saw some people saying Azula's face isnt "sharp enough", but imo that doesnt matter if she's going to be a fierce enough actress to get Azula's conniving personality across.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:42 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
Now that a new trailer dropped for Netflix's liveaction, what do you guys think of it?

I'm trying to reserve my opinions about casting until I can watch it. I saw some people saying Azula's face isnt "sharp enough", but imo that doesnt matter if she's going to be a fierce enough actress to get Azula's conniving personality across.

I didn't know that their was going to be a live action version of Avatar. Is it going to be a movie or a series? I'm not crazy about Netflix grabbing another series. I'm still not happy about them having the rights for Sailor Moon.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:53 pm
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu

I didn't know that their was going to be a live action version of Avatar. Is it going to be a movie or a series? I'm not crazy about Netflix grabbing another series. I'm still not happy about them having the rights for Sailor Moon.

Yeahhh, while I cant say I totally back the way Netflix does things, I also get how most projects cant get off the ground unless they have a financial giant like them backing it. so i can only be cautiously optimistic that itll be better than the live action movie. I think people said it's going to be a series. Idk how many episodes/seasons, but here's the latest trailer if you'd like to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJKJW_XU90  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:04 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Yeahhh, while I cant say I totally back the way Netflix does things, I also get how most projects cant get off the ground unless they have a financial giant like them backing it. so i can only be cautiously optimistic that itll be better than the live action movie. I think people said it's going to be a series. Idk how many episodes/seasons, but here's the latest trailer if you'd like to see:

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJKJW_XU90

Nice Trailer. I own the entire Avatar series including Legend of Korra. I wonder if they are going to do a Legend of Korra life action movie / series.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:57 am
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJKJW_XU90

Nice Trailer. I own the entire Avatar series including Legend of Korra. I wonder if they are going to do a Legend of Korra life action movie / series.

If this series does well enough with fans, I could see them doing Korra down the road  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:45 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu" ][/quote][quote="smithers456

It's looking pretty good so far. It makes me hopeful that we don't have another flop like the movie.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:44 pm
Between the animated series and the comics, do you guys have any favorite characters? When I was in highschool, Sokka was my favorite and I thought Katara was annoying lol. But now I have a huuuuge appreciation for her now that I'm older. I think Sokka and Toph are the funniest. I think my all-around favorite is Zuko or Katara now.

In Legend of Korra I really liked Asami (maybe because she's drop dead gorgeous and a badass LOL)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:37 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
Between the animated series and the comics, do you guys have any favorite characters? When I was in highschool, Sokka was my favorite and I thought Katara was annoying lol. But now I have a huuuuge appreciation for her now that I'm older. I think Sokka and Toph are the funniest. I think my all-around favorite is Zuko or Katara now.

In Legend of Korra I really liked Asami (maybe because she's drop dead gorgeous and a badass LOL)

Korra is my favorite. She's one tough lady!!  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:54 pm
smithers456
Ennichi_Jimetsu

Korra is my favorite. She's one tough lady!!

She is! She's so cool! I also liked that they wrote someone who's the opposite of Aang in a lot of ways! lol. Like how hotheaded she can be when it comes to certain situations. I am excited to see how they'll write the next Earth Kingdom avatar - assuming it's not just a really good rumor! It seems legit enough, but here's an article on it if anyone would like to see [Link]  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff