User ImageUser Image

Abrafo chuffed as he picked himself a nice spot to rest. The large blow hard had to admit it; Xabryel had handed his a** to him today during sparring. The boy's focus was hard to gain, but once harnassed he easily surpassed the older lion. Of course, once the fight was over, he had fussed over his grandfather like an old hen until Abrafo had run him off. He rollled his shoulders and sat back, mouth agape as he panted the heat away. Retirement was sounder better and better by the day.

Keantha
The wind blowing across the grass brought the jasmine scent of his daughter-in-law to him before the soft voice ever spoke up. "Father Abrafo?" Lulu always addressed him as such, explaining once that it was a sign of respect and acknowledgment that he was the head of the family and just like always she patiently waited several feet away for his permission to come closer.

Quirking a thick brown, the older lion nodded his head, beckoning his daughter in law to come closer. "What is it, Lulu?" It was an odd situation he found himself in, seeing her after what Isith had told him. Also after being seeing in such a worn down state. He tried to pick himself up as best he could, but he was just too tired at the moment.

Keantha
Her smile was soft and warm as she came to sit beside him with her tail curling around her feet. Lulu was always perfectly groomed with sweet scents rubbed into her fur. "I had a concern and I wanted to speak to you personally if I may?"

"You've got my curiosity." Abrafo leaned back casually, managing to look stately and relaxed at the same time. It wasn't often that he had private chats with the female, so he was indeed more than a little nosy. "What troubles you?"

Keantha
"Shadow told me you plan to step aside and have named her your heir." Her gold eyes watched him concerned, "I know it is not my place but..this isn't because you are injured or ill is it?" She knew how deeply Shadow loved her father and she didn't want her beloved to lose him as she had lost her own father.

A little ghost of a smile crept on Abrafo's face. His bi-colored eyes, one indigo and the other orchid, found her. "It's as much your place as it is hers." If they were truly mates then what concerned one concerned the other. "You will be taking place as Matriarch one day. I do not mind saying that I am feeling my age." He shifted, moving pressure off his hips. "I've moved from one pride to another throughout my youth, and I've never been able to just relax. It seems selfish to say. I will continue to protect this family and should Shadow prove unfit I will strip her of her position, but for the most part I would like to enjoy the mystery of a nap."

Keantha
All the tension drained from her body as Lulu gave him a warm and sweet smile, "I was worried for her sake, well and mine too. She loves you so very much." When he said he would like to be lazy and nap,Lulu laughed happily, "So you will start your son's routine. Nap the day away then lounge around all night." Her tone was teasing as her gold eyes flashed with wicked amusement.

He chuckled and shook his head. "He is an incorrigible jackass." Even as he spoke it though, there was pride in his voice. "Would that we were all as lucky as my son. Though, I would think others would know to keep a gift when given to them than to put it aside." Of course he was referring to their more..intimate lives. Abrafo was never one to know boundaries for those sorts of things.

Keantha
Lulu wrinkled her nose with a soft chuckle guessing what he meant, "It is of no matter. I knew our time was limited but he gave me what I truly wanted and needed, her. She would have never believed she was enough for me to start with, never have agreed to my choosing her alone."

Shrugging a shoulder, her smile softened, "Now she knows. That's all that matters."

"Then all is well." He nodded his head. "Your emotional welfare concerns me just as much as my offspring, and if this had upset you....well, let us be glad that it didn't." Safi was a beloved son, but that title only carried so much weight. "She will be heir where my son will not. I expected Nia's prior sons to fall from the path, since it wasn't pressed to them, but I...expected more discipline from Safi. Perhaps I have been too soft."

Keantha
Lulu smiled again as she laid down beside him relaxing, "Safi has a wandering soul. He never forgave himself for what happened to them, what it did to her and it has torn pieces of his heart loose. You cannot truly love or find peace with a tattered heart and soul. Till he can learn that it wasn't his fault and that the blame lies with the one who attacked them, then he will never find peace."

"You say that as if one day it will mend." Abrafo was not so positive. That day had scared his heart as much as it had his son. He knew beneath that white fur were more scars than one so young should carry. It left it's mark on the trio, and should he ever see that demon again..."He has time yet in his life, so he may yet surprise me."

Keantha
"He's a good man, just lost." Lulu shrugged a bit. "He'll find his way some day."

"Hopefully that doesn't mean more cubs before then. I don't know how much more my nerves can take." He chuckled.

Keantha
"Well there will be at least one more from him for sure." Lulu shrugged, "though they will not be his to raise."

"Oh? And how do you know this?"

Keantha
"Because he offered and as mates Shadow and I agreed that when we are ready to start a family he would give us one. " She smiled remembering his Ernst offer of wanting to give that to his twin since she could never have children herself.

"Then when the day comes I know at least that litter will turn out better than their father. They will have the discipline he lacks, but with all of the love." Abrafo rose and stretched as he did so. "I look forward to the day, but for now, I think a trip to the watering hole is in order. Will you come?"

Keantha
"Of course Father," Lulu stood too and gave him a coy playful glance, "Since Mother isn't about I can understand you wanting the next most beautiful non-related female at your side." Her tone was impish as she watched him from the corner of her eye.

He rolled his eyes and swatted her side playfully. "Get moving." Abrafo chuckled, and started to walk off.

(WC: 1185)