Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Niall Hughes - Mind Healer ~London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:32 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rυвιη Aкѕηєѕ Ɛι∂є » xx
Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Tнιѕ ιѕ ɢoѕpel ғor тнe ғαlleɴ oɴeѕ, locĸed αwαy ιɴ perмαɴeɴт ѕlυмвer,
                                                    Aѕѕeмвlιɴɢ тнeιr pнιloѕopнιeѕ ғroм pιeceѕ oғ вroĸeɴ мeмorιeѕ...
                                                    Oн, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт
                                                    Tнeιr ɢɴαѕнιɴɢ тeeтн αɴd crιмιɴαl тoɴɢυeѕ coɴѕpιre αɢαιɴѕт тнe oddѕ--

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂

Rubin, as much as he wanted to chuckle, only shrugged at Niall's remark about some complaining clients regarding the room. Well, he couldn't judge them, since people have their own tastes, everyone has it anyway. "Well... If it helps, I'm an artist; I know what I'm talking about when it comes to palettes and I can say that it's nice. Besides, everyone has a preference." Though, green wasn't actually his favorite color and he didn't think he had any color for him to hate-- It all just depends on how one combines it in a medium.

He quietly listened to the other guy's feedback regarding his first vent, and for some reason he could not argue with him. And yet he thought that his personal life and his career life were mutually exclusive to each other; There is no in between. There was a reason why he decided to close his shop every Sundays, not to mention that he closed early on Saturdays. Rubin wasn't going to lie, but setting schedules between his career and his children was difficult. Being asked about what exactly his problem was, he was beginning to feel that he was caught off-guard. Part of him wanted to bite his tongue and just leave the room, while the other told him to just spill it because there's a god-forsaken reason as of why he was here in the first place.

"The thing that has been bothering me is... um... He trailed off, any perceptive person could tell that he was not prepared to tell him what was happening to his personal life considering that Rubin tended to keep himself private generally. However, the Norwegian decided to push himself into doing it, "... It's about my ex-wife, and apparently, my daughter as well." Just saying his just made his tongue dry, but he finally managed to say it after about three or five seconds prior Niall's question, "Y'see, 'round two or three years ago, she and I divorced because well... you see-- She's an auror, and we have three kids. The problem is that she's became way more involved with her job rather than at home, and obviously, I could not just tell her to quit because I know she loves her career. I tried to save the relationship a lot of times, and yeah-- I did tell her what I feel but she didn't take it well, and we had a few argument that we had to... yeah." He was going to say 'divorce' for the second time but, saying it again just made him feel critical to himself. Dear gods, he was beginning to think that what he said seemed to sound as if it was extracted from some sappy teen romance film, it wasn't even funny, and he was on his f*cking late twenties!

He frowned at the thought of it and continued, "I mean, she did agree to do a joint custody but, I didn't tell the kids that we're... you know, not together anymore. And recently, well, this happened the day after our eldest's birthday. I got upset with my ex-wife because she's putting a priority on her job over what supposed to be a family outing, which, she promised. And yeah, we argued, and... we didn't know our daughter's been eavesdropping so..." He crossed his arms and leaned back against the backrest, his eyes looking away from the healer. The thought of Drew callously hating him and giving him a cold shoulder made his chest resemble somewhere near to lead-- First Anika, now her. Rubin was beginning to get the idea that along with the fact that his daughter might be the unforgiving type, and he feared that the twins would do the same thing as well.

And a thought hit him; Anika seemed that she was able to move on, and then there was Matteo who was able to cope up about breaking up with his boyfriend. "Something tells me that all the s**t I've been saying sounds like a poorly-written romance novel I once tried to read," He finally said, albeit a bit stiffly, "But seriously, she's able to move on, and so was my brother who broke up with his boyfriend a few years ago. Hell, he and that said ex-boyfriend are still friends. Why can't I have the same thing, too?" He was starting to feel and sound upset, not to Anika or Matteo, but to himself. If they could do it, he should too, right? And they made it sound easy, f*cking hell. He also realized that he hadn't been biting his tongue for long, and he just ran through. Oh gods, did he just buried him alive or something? "Sorry, I feel like this was abit too much for you to hear; I never said this to anyone before."

▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

--Bυт тнey нαveɴ’т ѕeeɴ тнe вeѕт oғ υѕ yeт, ιғ yoυ love мe leт мe ɢo!
                                                    ‘Cαυѕe тнeѕe wordѕ αre ĸɴιveѕ αɴd oғтeɴ leαve ѕcαrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт, αɴd тrυтн вe тold, I ɴever wαѕ yoυrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr, тнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт... Tнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт

ᙎITᕼ [Niall] ᗩT [some green room]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:24 am
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Younger Brother☰

Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall waited for the next round of ranting not knowing if he would actually start where he asked or go into a few series of circles before he finally figured out the main plot. Many clients didn't like getting to the heart of their problems either because they found them too small to actually talk about (but he truly didn't understand that logic since they had come to him, a therapist, in the first place) and other's thought that one thing was bothering them when it was a completely different thing and they just didn't notice. Unfortunately, he got more of the former than the latter on his couch. To his relief, Rubin decided to actually start from the beginning and though as a professional he wasn't allowed to have issues or topics obviously bother or startle him, he couldn't stop the slight quirk of his eyebrow at hearing that the man had a daughter. Maybe she was very young? The man in front of him barely looked thirty, though Ada was nearing thirty every day and she had seven year olds so maybe he shouldn't judge too harshly. Maybe not everyday but he got his point across. But then he heard that he in fact had three kids and his eyebrow quirked again and he blinked more than a tad surprised but still kept his composure as he listened to Rubin detail his failed marriage. Niall felt bad for the other man, he tried to keep together a failing relationship for his family's sake which he knew was no easy task. Nor a smart one but he was sure Rubin knew that now. As Rubin continued he briefly mentioned that he hadn't told their children they divorced which shocked and stupefied the mind healer since...what the hell?! That...that had been incredibly stupid. Like seriously incredibly stupid. He was pretty sure it was showing on his face so he quickly put his "I'm listening please continue" pleasant healing face back on as he listened to how his daughter unfortunately found out. (Well if he had just told them...rude Niall, real rude.) Then out the clear blue Rubin started on about how he hasn't been able to move while it seems as though everyone else in his life has been, including the ex-wife and sighed as the man apologized for telling him everything. "Please don't apologize for just expressing how you're feeling, especially since I asked for it." Niall told him with a small uptick of his lips before he got down to business.

"From what I've heard the biggest upset has come from not telling your children, especially your daughter, about the divorce. Which incidentally you most assuredly should have. Especially since it was three years ago. Children need time to process change and if you had given them that time then maybe this wouldn't have been such a big deal but instead they've been stuck and because you, their father, refused to tell them you've been stuck as well. You may not have realized it which is why this is all suddenly seemingly falling down all around you. The biggest and best thing to do after getting a divorce is to not only tell the children but tell yourself. Most don't realize it, especially those who are the most active in the actual divorce process, but once you've told and accepted something yourself it's much easier to say so to others and move on with life. You never admitted it to yourself, fully and committed that you and your ex-wife are now divorced. You allowed this lie to fester like a wound over your life and over your children as you continually lied, maybe not to their faces but the fact that you never verbally told them that your marriage had ended is the same as continually lying to their faces day in and day out. And now that the lie has been exposed you are not just internalizing the conflict that came from it, you're still trying to hold on to it. Let. It. Go. Heal. Tell your family, tell your children first, if you haven't that you have divorced and tell them why. Explain to your daughter why you and her mother thought fit to separate as you had and why you decided to keep it from her. That is most important, admit to your children that you have indeed lied and tell them why. Children are unsurprisingly resilient and knowledgeable creatures, you'd be amazed by what they do and don't know. Finally, I need you to do something purposely and expressly for you. It seems as though, from what you've been telling me at least, that almost everything that you do you do for something or someone else and not because you want to do so. For once in the past three years be honest and go do something. Anything. It could be as simple as taking the day off and do absolutely nothing or perhaps taking a surprise day trip somewhere. But whatever you do you have to do it by yourself. You need to reorient you with yourself. Do you even remember who you really are?" Niall asked the last question a few volumes lower and softer than the rest of his spiel looking honestly concerned. He knew that that would be the hardest part, especially since he himself had recently gone through it. It had been...difficult to say the least, but he was a lot happier now in his own skin than he had, he was sure, almost his entire life.

{Where~ Office
With~ Rubin
Why~ Hopefully to help
Thoughts~}

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:07 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rυвιη Aкѕηєѕ Ɛι∂є » xx
Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

Tнιѕ ιѕ ɢoѕpel ғor тнe ғαlleɴ oɴeѕ, locĸed αwαy ιɴ perмαɴeɴт ѕlυмвer,
                                                    Aѕѕeмвlιɴɢ тнeιr pнιloѕopнιeѕ ғroм pιeceѕ oғ вroĸeɴ мeмorιeѕ...
                                                    Oн, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт
                                                    Tнeιr ɢɴαѕнιɴɢ тeeтн αɴd crιмιɴαl тoɴɢυeѕ coɴѕpιre αɢαιɴѕт тнe oddѕ--

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂

Rubin could have sworn he could see Niall being surprised about the fact that he actually has children, which made him narrow his eyes out of confusion. Were there actually people who think he was crazy when he said that he was actually a parent? On the scale of one to Durmstrang's snow storms how dense they could be? However, he chose not to protest, he was not going to start a second blow-up again with this guy, they made a truce and he should keep that fulfilled.

He adjusted his sitting position for a bit as the healer began to start talking, listening to what it appeared to be a word wave in his opinion. He let Niall finish some sentences before he could reply, "Yes. I am. I know that. It's stupid, I know." He said abruptly when Niall pointed out that him being upset emanated from him omitting the truth, then he quickly said, "Sorry, but it's not like I refused to tell them," He told him as if clearing the air, "It's just that I just don't know how to word it to them. I haven't told the twins yet and they're five, what if their reactions was just the same as her? It could be worse." Like, Donner and Dagrun were both five in this year, he was pretty sure that kids at that age tend to be really emotional... Or well, aggressive-- if he was using his family's terminologies correctly. But then he wasn't sure if Anika's genes even neutralize it, to be honest. Either way, it was just going to be a mess.

"Once you've told and accepted something yourself it's much easier to say so to others and move on with life. You never admitted it to yourself, fully and committed that you and your ex-wife are now divorced. " Hah, people pretty much told him that as if it was easy. But for him, it was pretty much not. Or maybe, he was just too commited to it given that well, you know, first love. He dated abit later compared to his other siblings, apparently... He used to travel all around Scandinavia, but apparently it took a trip to England to find one person. Well, that was funny. And stupid of him. "Looks like that happens when it's your first romantic experience." He dryly muttered, more to himself than to Niall.

Then, he didn't say anything more when Niall spoke more about how omitting was just basically the same as lying. That was the problem, that was pretty much exactly the f*cking problem; That doing so made himself upset at time. Maybe he could really try to talk Drew out of it and tell her everything about why he didn't tell her sooner, though it seemed a bit tricky considering that she was becoming resentful to him. Yeah, good luck with that. "I don't think my parents in Norway would be pleased about their eldest having a screwed up relationship when I'm pretty sure they think I could do better than that. Not that I could argue with them though." He laughed, though a little bit bitter, "But fine, if only if I just figure it out how to say it without any possible blow-ups, that would be great." He won't argue about the thing about children though, maybe he has a point for that.

But what caught him off guard, though, was when he was being told that everything he did was just for someone else and not for himself. The thing was, he was convinced that he was still himself even with those three years. He was pretty sure that even if he was prolly nearly carrying the classical responsible eldest sibling trope he could still hold himself while holding others as well. Or was he? He hadn't been traveling as much as he usually did in his journalism career, especially back in Scandinavia when he used to have a thing for staying in some hotel rooms in some harsh snowstorms for weeks, which was really funny to recall about. The last question, however, made him blink in surprise. "I... 'Course I do" He answered, unprepared and still surprised, "What makes you think I don't?" What makes it surprising was that compared to all of spiel Niall had told him, the last time was like the least volumized.

▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

--Bυт тнey нαveɴ’т ѕeeɴ тнe вeѕт oғ υѕ yeт, ιғ yoυ love мe leт мe ɢo!
                                                    ‘Cαυѕe тнeѕe wordѕ αre ĸɴιveѕ αɴd oғтeɴ leαve ѕcαrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт, αɴd тrυтн вe тold, I ɴever wαѕ yoυrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr, тнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт... Tнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт

ᙎITᕼ [Niall] ᗩT [some green room]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:59 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father☰

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall came into the office still dressed as he usually did but with some slight adjustment. His blazer was undone allowing for his blue button up to be clearly visible, he'd forgone his tie mainly because he forgot it in the haste to ensure Elvira wasn't late a second day in a row and his normally combed hair was more ruffled. Slightly from the cool wind that had been blowing the moment he apparated onto the block but also because he had been attempting to dislodge peanut butter from it. Which again, he really had no idea how some got up there in the first place and gladly allowed his daughter to fix the rest of her lunch in peace only doing a cursory look-over to ensure no junk food had made it into the box (it was mainly to show he could parent since the newly eight year old abides by the treats rule like one did the law). Still despite his less than stellar appearance he figured it was a cosmic blessing seeing as his first appointment of the day was going to be a child. A little boy in fact meaning he could take out the store of action figures he kept in the office. He didn't normally get children as clients, his youngest already a pre-teen by the time he agreed to even set foot into the room, but he did sometimes counsel them or meet with them alongside parents or guardians who were going through treatment. In those times children usually said more with the way they played than their actual words and he figured it'd be about the same for this one. Once all the lights were on and his computer humming to life he hung up his knapsack on its familiar hook and set about to finding the container of action figures. He had about three tins: one filled with general boy toys, one with general girl toys, and one that was essentially unisex. If he was honest, about four Marvel and DC figurines were in about each bucket since in his mind those were universal that couldn't be constrained to gender. That and he had way too many female friends and now a daughter to be condescending about what was considered "ok" for girls to and not to play with.

Niall had just poured out most of the toys from the labeled boy container when a rather hurried knock hit his door. He stood from his crouched position and went to answer it seeing an older man with a near identical looking younger boy with him, both looking equally cross and stressed. For a minute he couldn't remember which was his client and which wasn't. "Hello, you must be Mr. Bennett and Mr. Bennett. Please come in and then we can get everything started." The elder Bennett just gave a shaky nod before walking in with his hand firmly on his son's shoulder knowing that if he released it the little boy would go bolting. "Yes, sorry if we're a bit late but um, we had some trouble this morning." Though he avoided looking at his son Niall figured that he was who his comment was directed at. The Hufflepuff merely shrugged offering a congenial grin. "It's no problem really, I know exactly how tiring mornings can be." he offered. "Mr. Bennett, you can leave your son in this room right here while we fill out some paperwork if that's alright with you?" he asked and only opened the treatment room door when the man gave another consenting nod. Once the boy was out of the room the man seemed to fully deflate with stress lines appearing almost out of thin air. "He's just gotten worse. I thought that time would, you know, make it a bit better but if anything he's gotten angrier. And then his birthday happened and he just had this complete and utter meltdown and I'm-I'm at my wit's end! I have no idea what to do and I feel like, like I'm a failure or something." he ended miserably falling into one of the chairs in front of Niall's desk. Niall felt bad for the man, from what he'd written in his request the both of them were going through a lot and instead of retreating into himself like he'd seen others do he was genuinely trying to make the best out of a horrid situation. "Grief happens in stages Mr. Bennett. Your son just seems to be going through a particularly deep one. Sit tight here, read over a few pamphlets, or don't you really look like you could use some sleep, and I'll come back in about an hour." He hadn't meant to add the part about sleeping but really, he was fighting a yawn just looking at him.

He left his office closing the door to allow him some privacy and finally joined Will in the green painted room going straight for the toy pile he had made earlier instead of his usual chair. His notepad was also notably absent since he didn't think that would be a good way to gain the little boy's trust. "Hi William, do you prefer William or Will? My name's Niall, do you happen to know why your dad brought you here today?" Niall asked him curious as to what his answer might be.

{Where~ Office
With~ Will
Why~ Hopefully to help
Thoughts~ This is probably going to hurt}

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝔄𝔤𝔢 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔉𝔲𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝓗𝔬𝔤𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰 𝔖𝔱𝔲𝔡𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔒𝔫𝔩𝑦 𝓒𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡

Will had been having an absolute terrible few days. His birthday had been the worst day ever, and he'd even had to go to school! His dad wouldn't let him just stay home! Instead, he'd gone and his stupid teacher had rallied the whole class to prepare for his birthday, after taking him to the "quiet corner" to say she was sorry he didn't have his sister. It probably didn't help that he'd almost immediately threatened to kick her if she sang, then hit the kid dumb enough to try. Of course, that meant he had to go home after talking to the principal (who wasn't really his pal at all). His dad had... not been very happy with him. After that, things only seemed to go downhill. Darcy had been even more upset than usual, and he had been a bit grumpier. After talking to one of his weird friends, Darcy had decided Will needed to go talk to some guy about his feelings. Will figured it wouldn't take long, as his only feeling was anger. He was so angry!

On the day they were to go and talk to the therapist, Will wrapped himself up in his dad's scarf, which dragged along the ground as he walked. When they got to the office, Will tried to dig his feet into the floor and refuse to go, but his dad was able to tug him along anyway. When they got in the green room, the guy greeted them, calling them both Mr Bennett. Will glared up at his dad, but Darcy wasn't letting go. Instead, he said they'd had some "trouble" that morning. Will had to figure that had to do with their fight earlier. In his defense, it was all Darcy's fault for even wanting to bring him to this stupid place. It wasn't until the man said they'd leave him alone that Will reacted with something other than anger. In this case, it was shock. Who the fart was this guy to leave him alone in a strange place!? His daddy even followed along! Will looked positively offended by them leaving. When the door closed behind them, Will crossed his arms and grumpily tapped his foot, silently glowering at the door until it opened again.

The man walked in, and right past him to a pile of toys in the floor. With a look of annoyance settled firmly on his face, Will followed after the guy. He sat in the floor too, his long scarf trailing around him. The man said hi to him, then asked what he liked to be called. Wasn't he a doctor guy? And weren't they supposed to be smart? Apparently his name was Niall, and he wanted to know if Will knew why his dad brought him to this dumb place. "It's Will. And... I dunno. I think it's 'cause his friend said I was a bad kid and so I needed to talk to you. But it's not my fault I hit him. Well.. sorta. He deserved it." Will looked at the man, his vivid blue eyes narrowed in frustration. It was all so hard lately, and he didn't like feeling so darn conflicted, but he just had to be angry!

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs
Aɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ
Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iғ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ
Iғ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇғᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ
Iғ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ

I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:18 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father☰

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall hadn't expected Will to come close to him or the toys on the first go and was mildly surprised by it though his apparent anger sort of diminished any good feeling he might've had about it. He frowned a bit at the little boy's answer confused about who exactly he was supposed to have hit. "I doubt he said that you were a bad kid, doing bad things maybe but definitely not a bad kid. Plus it's not very nice to hit anyone no matter who's fault it may be." he felt the need to add since it was the consummate adult thing to say. He picked the large green figure of the Hulk and the slightly smaller, if just as bulky, figurine of Captain Britain (Captain America being in the girl's tin since Ironman was in the boy tin and currently not talking to the captain according to last week's sources). He toyed with them a bit as he thought about what to say to the little boy. "Also you were sort of right, we do talk. But only if you want to. So, we can either talk or we just play around with these." Niall held up the figures in his hand before making lightning crash sounds come from the Hulk and knock Capt. Britain from the sky. Inwardly he was screaming in turmoil since forgodsfreakingsakethehulkneverhadlightningpowersthemostwasthatfreakishlyodddemonpowersthatwejustwon'tspeakabout.

{Where~ Office
With~ Will
Why~ Hopefully to help
Thoughts~ Ugh my geek heart}

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Will watched the man frown, and thought it was better. He was probably just pretending to be happy anyhow. As far as he could tell, grown ups were never happy, but they always smiled around little kids so they wouldn't scare them off. It had to be true, because he'd seen his parents be perfectly happy, then go off to their room and fight. And he'd heard his teacher say a swear word on her celly-telly once on break... and he'd even seen a guy on the street say hi and be happy, then turn around and yell at some other guy. It had to be true. All adults were just secretly angry. After explaining that he'd hit the dumb kid in his class, Niall tried to say Will wasn't bad, but had perhaps done some bad stuff. It wasn't bad if it was... what had he heard his dad say... self-defense. "It was his fault! But it got me 'spendered from school for fighting... and being mean to my teacher... and throwing a fit... but I didn't really. I just got mad 'cause they were all being so... so gah!" He sighed, shaking his messy hair. He was a boy, so he was pretty sure he didn't have to brush his hair every day like his mumma always had him and the girls do. In fact, he wasn't even really sure where his hairbrush was.... maybe it was under the dresser with his "missing" homework? When he looked up again, the man was holding the Hulk and Captain Britain, both of whom Will rather loved. He'd seen all the movies (that his daddy said it was okay to watch) and he'd even had his daddy read the picture books to him. Which... they hadn't done in a while. Niall said that they would indeed talk, but only if Will wanted to. So he was supposed to be in charge? He could not-talk to people at his own house! He sighed, watching in abject horror as the man made Hulk shoot out lightning bolts at Captain Britain. In a flash, the child put on a worried look, only for it to be replaced by one of anger as he grabbed the toys away from Niall. "That's not how they go! Have you never even watched a movie before?! Hulk doesn't even do that! Gah! See, he's just a normal guy, but when he gets real mad... or scared or sometimes just when he needs to... he grows really big and turns green and he can beat the snot outta people. Usually just bad people, though. And this guy, this one's Captain Britain, okay? He's my favorite." Will held the toys in his hand, looking at the two of them before looking at Niall, his expression more neutral than usual.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:01 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father☰

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall felt some tension ease in his chest in relief at hearing Will mention that it was boy at school he had physically fought with and not his father, which was still definitely bad but at least not as bad as he was originally thinking. He wasn't entirely sure he had the right program for criminally psychotic children, he barely made due with some of the criminal clients he worked with on a near daily basis. He caught a glimpse of sadness on the little boy's face that he was sure probably had nothing to do with his suspension from school and wondered what it could be before the emotion changed to horror and then anger at his misappropriation of figurines and their powers. He listened to the boy's tirade stifling a grin and laugh at how offended he was that he wasn't playing right though took mental note on how he seemingly empathized with the Hulk though stated that Captain Britain was his favorite. Interesting. "Are you sure? I mean, I thought the big green guy was big because he was filled with like, magic and stuff. And unfortunately no, I haven't watched any of the movies. My daughter has though, she's about your age and knows about all this but I've been so busy I haven't gotten the chance to watch it with her." Niall heaved a fake sigh as he put down the captain in order to slide it towards Will instead picking up Hawkeye who was missing his notorious bow and arrow. "He does something with toxic fumes right? It's why his uniform is all black and purple?" he asked in faux confusion turning about Hawkeye while cackling wondering if he could twitter this to the elder Jeremy Renner and not break client confidentiality. "Why's he your favorite actually? Captain Britain, there's all these other guys with magic and can fly and have all these amazing abilities and from what I remember he's just really strong. Why'd you chose him? Nial asked him still knocking Hawkeye and the Hulk together and choosing not to make eye contact. He had learned that asking these sort of questions while doing so made them confrontational and the last thing he wanted was to be confrontational with an already angry kid.

{Where~ Office
With~ Will
Why~ Hopefully to help

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Will already didn't like being here. Not only was he supposed to bare his deepest feelings with the weirdo glasses guy, but he didn't even know anything about superheroes! While he spoke about the Hulk, he didn't notice Niall watching, wondering on his words. When he slid over Captain Britain, Will set Hulk aside in order to hold the one he preferred. Niall lifted Hawkeye, whom Will knew a bit less about, though he thought the hero was pretty nifty. "No, I'm sure. I think he got some rad... radiate-on? He's a scientist and that's how. But you should watch the movies with your daughter. You seem busy too, so probably she wants to be with you, 'kay? And then you won't sound dumb 'bout the heroes." He nodded, still holding onto the figure in his hands. When Niall asked about Hawkeye, Will sighed loudly. "Noooo! He has a bow and he can fire arrows and never ever miss. How neat would that be?" He had a fleeting smile at the thought of himself having superpowers. Unfortunately, he didn't really think he'd be cool like Hawkeye or brave or even strong. As he thought, his frown returned, though it was more a saddened expression, rather than a grumpy face. When Niall spoke, Will looked up, then dropped his gaze back to the figure he was clutching to his chest. He thought about his answer, then looked at the man. "He's not only just strong. His name's Brian Braddock, and he has a twin sister. And he's a scientist too, but not like Hulk. He's really smart and strong and he can fly too. He's my very favorite. I think Daddy likes him too..." He nodded, looking down as he sniffled. He wanted to be like Captain Britain... he wanted a twin too, specifically his twin. He didn't want to play dress up and have tea parties, but he wanted his sister so badly it hurt. His birthday had been super duper difficult without her by his side. She had always been there! They had the same birthday! He moved to wipe his teary eyes on his dad's scarf. He didn't want to admit it, but he was scared to be alone.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:43 am
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father☰

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall chuckled at Will's exasperation and his order to go and watch these movies with his daughter so he wouldn't be so "dumb" as he aptly told him. He then nodded in agreement at his zealous over Hawkeye's impressive ability to never miss a target, "Pretty neat."He became concerned though when the little boy's face fell further as he answered his earlier question over why he enjoyed the captain more than the others and it took him a few seconds to connect and remember that his father had mentioned that he and his twin were now forcibly estranged. Remembering that made the meltdown on his birthday that much more clearer and his heart went out to him as he tried to hide and wipe away his tears on the overtly large scarf. Niall figured that if he offered tissues the boy wouldn't take them so he just sat silently for a few seconds to allow him to compose himself in quiet dignity. "You know, his twin sister, Captain's I mean, she's a superhero too. I remember some parts about her because she's my daughter's favorite." he lied knowing that Elvira preferred Hawkeye's young female protege than the oddly sexualized Psylocke. "Even though they're twins and both super heros they don't actually work with each other as much as they could. In fact, unless they're saving the world from intergalactic super-ninjas, they rarely really work with each other except to maybe save the other from evil plots or kidnapping." He was still rather confused on how her ethnicity became half-Japanese or how she garnered "the body of a Japanese woman" but that neither here nor there nor was it an appropriate rant for a five year old. "What I mean is, sometimes even superheros don't get to see their twins as much as they'd like, but that doesn't mean they don't have each other. Or that they don't love and miss the other when they're not there. I bet they talk a lot, like on phones or through letters. And I'm sure that when they're both Brian and Betsy that they see each other. What about your sister Will, do you get to talk to as much as you'd like? See her at all?" Niall asked the toys in his hand almost forgotten as he questioned the young boy.

{Where~ Office
With~ Will
Why~ Hopefully to help

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Will had firmly decided that he didn't like being here. He was used to not talking about Belle, and it was hard to even think about the girl. The room was quiet for a minute, only his snuffling as he wiped his eyes on his scarf. When he looked up, tears still lined his eyes. Niall mentioned Captain Britain's twin sister, saying he knew because he was his daughter's favorite. He said that the twins didn't always work together... unless they were fighting intergalactic super-ninjas... had they ever fought those? Will sniffled again, wondering where the man was going with this conversation. When he mentioned them talking through letters and the phone, Will drooped a bit further. He didn't look up until Niall asked about his own twin. "I... I miss her, 'kay? I wanna talk to her some more, but her bedtime is when I wake up... and I go to bed in her morning..." He wiped his eyes with his fists and sobbed a bit. He didn't want to admit it, but he needed help. "I miss her... and mumma too, and even Aurora... but I also don't sometimes. They used to put me in dresses and make me have tea. I don't even like tea!" He frowned, but he looked a little less weepy. "One time, we were sledding and Belle and me fell off the sled and got so cold! But this year I had to go sledding with little baby Ray. He's not as much fun." He sighed overdramatically and fell backward, not minding that his head thunked the floor. He rolled a bit before returning to a sit, looking a bit more relaxed. "Did daddy tell you 'bout mumma?" He tilted his head a bit, blue eyes still rimmed with pink.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:11 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father☰

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall sighed softly finally getting a small breakthrough from the little boy as he admitted to missing his twin and feeling out of depth on how to communicate with her seeing as they live on two different continents. He also mentioned missing his mother and older sister even after lamenting on the ways they used to play with him and comparing his last sledding activity with his whole family to one which happened, he assumed, some time in the past year though he had no rightly idea who "baby Ray" might be. He'd have to ask the father about that. Speaking of his father, at his seemingly random question, the mind healer took in the slowly calming presence of the little boy and thought of what he could and couldn't tell him. "He told me that they used to argue a lot and that's why they got a divorce, and that it had nothing to do with you or your sisters. He also told me that he still loves your mum but he loves you and your sisters more." Niall told him gently. Darcy might not've wanted his entire business outed to his five year old son, but he felt that trying to hide certain parts of the divorce was what was straining their relationship in the first place. But he'd get to that later in the consultation. He glanced at the clock on his wall and noticed that they had run through a lot of their time. "It seems like our hour is almost up. If you'd like, you can keep playing with these toys while I go get your dad and then you both can go." he told the blonde boy brightly before standing up, leaving the Hulk of course, and walking to his office where he saw Darcy dozing still in his chair. He cleared his throat to bring attention to himself and was thankful that the man didn't startle too much as to fall out of his chair. He sat down in his own and discussed the bare basics of what happened in the room with his son and pretended not to notice the man wiping away his tears on his coat sleeve very much like the little boy he just witnessed. He gave some suggestions of what they could do to lessen his angry outbursts as well as offering a once a week session to allow the little boy to let off steam if it seemed needed. The father quickly agreed and thanked him profusely as they shook hands and left to go collect his son.

Darcy had the strange notion to knock before entering the therapy room, for lack of a better term for it, and did so before he cautiously entered and spotted Will in the middle of a toy pile with a familiar toy clutched in his hands. "Hey, what do you have there?" he asked him settling down next to him.

{Where~ Office
With~ Will
Why~ Hopefully to help

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Will burrowed into his scarf again, peeking up when Niall mentioned his parents arguing. Will knew they argued, of course, but it was that bad? When the brunette said Darcy still loved him and didn't blame him or the girls for the divorce, Will managed a shaky smile. "I know he loves me 'cause he tells me all the time, but sometimes I think he doesn't no more 'cause I get in trouble sometimes and I can't do work at school and... and I dunno..." He shrugged, watching as the man looked over at the clock, then stood up. He said they were all out of time, which made the blonde frown. He was kind of enjoying letting out some of his emotions... though he wouldn't admit it. Niall walked off, so Will hugged Captain Britain tighter, though he took Hulk into his grasp too. When he heard a knock on the door, blue eyes traced their gaze over to see Darcy walk in. Without noticing it, the boy let Hulk slip off his lap as he hugged the other toy again. When the man sat down, Will lifted himself up to move and sit in his father's lap. "Daaaaaaad, you know this one. It's Captain Britain!" He looked up at his dad, a small smile of what almost seemed to be amusement on his lips. His bright eyes were still rimmed red, but he felt better inside. The blonde plopped his head against his dad's chest, glancing between the toy and his father, not sure of what to say.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 pm
Look up, I look up at night,
Planets are moving at the speed of light.
Climb up, up in the trees,
every chance that you get,
is a chance you seize.
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Pureblood | Father | Divorced

Darcy smiled at his son's antics and chuckled as Will settled himself into his lap along with the toy. "Right, I almost didn't recognize him without Excalibur or his staff." On muscle reflex he settled his arms around the little boy keeping him close. Seeing his red eyes and obvious tear stains he felt his heart stutter remembering all that the mind healer had told him, or rather what little he could tell him, and proposed to try harder for the future. Not just in making sure Will understood but also taking care of himself. He'd bee pushing his own emotions under the rug thinking that unburdening them would somehow make him seem whiny when he had a child to take care of. But after talking with Niall he realized that this might've been the exact wrong thing to do and resolved to fix things and be more open with his son, on some subjects, from now on. He pressed a soft kiss to Will's blonde head taking a moment to compose himself. "I love you, I hope you know that. No matter what happens I'll always love you." he murmured to his son hugging him tighter to him.

Miss GryffindorK
All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Will sighed at his father, an amused smirk on his face. "Noooo he's just him today." The boy hugged the toy again, using it as a security blanket of sorts. How could you feel safe so close to a superhero, after all! The blonde looked up, noticing his dad had very sad eyes. The boy lifted a hand up and pressed it to Darcy's cheek, his own eyes wide. "Were you crying, daddy? Your eyes look all bleh." Of course, the five year old didn't have a clue that his own eyes were red and puffy as well. After he sniffled a bit more, Will flopped back, reaching over to grab Hulk, who was closest to his short little arms. With a grin, he handed the toy to his dad, his smile drooping a bit when Darcy spoke. The first sound he made was a muffled squawk as his dad hugged him tight against his chest. "Daaaaaaaaad! You're squishing me!" He pushed back a bit, sitting up a bit to wrap his arms around the man. "I love you too, Daddy." With that, he snuggled the man, a quiet, happy sigh escaping him. He was relieved to get out his emotions and not feel guilty about them.

Yukina101

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games