Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lamplight Memories

Back to Guilds

A storage and RP Guild for creating backstory 

Reply Lamplight Memories
Skylar and Serafina Reduex Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:25 pm
Reaching up, she rubbed at her eyes sleepily before glancing up at him, her eyes not quite meeting his due to her laying on his shoulder. Her hair was a mess, scattered everywhere but she wasn't self conscious. But his words reminded her of the events of the evening past.

"Yes?", not quite sure where he was headed with this line of interrogation. But she listened to the rest of his questions before answering. "Both. Sort of. My father killed his mother trying to save me and my mother. Remember how I mentioned Avalon and knowing it was real?", she didn't mind telling him the truth, no matter how odd it seemed.

"Somehow my mother, who was pregnant with me was pulled through a realm gateway. I assume you know what those are. My father was separated from us, and took from Avalon a dragon's egg." There was no reason to mention that there was 3 of the eggs as she told her story. Only one mattered, after all. "Bubbles was born from that egg and bonded to me when I was a baby. We know when the other is upset and can communicate a little telepathically."

"Braern...", she tried the sound on her name and made a face. Too celtic for her liking. But that was then explained as he would have issues with her wards. So he was likely Fae or some other like creature to get through without an invitation. "I think you're telling me because you want more information out of me and you're trying not to think of something else..." She smiled, sitting up to lean on one arm. "You're using me to figure out what others are trying to use you for..." A small shrug before leaning back down again.

"You also seem to trust that I don't have an agenda against you, which is good. Since I don't, unless you consider my use of your body or yours of mine. You're a fantastic way to explore my sexuality without any worries of commitment." A compliment even. "However, I do have a problem with you being here. Ever since you've been over here, I've been having dreams. Since I was little, I've been told that having dreams is bad. Not just for me, but for others. I don't want people hurt just because I have an itch to scratch. I'm irresponsible but I'm not purposely cruel."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:55 pm
"Oh." He felt a bit dumfounded at the dragon story. It would explain a number of things, but it was so unlikely and held so many more questions that he just took it for pure honesty from her. "I see." Why had he never properly researched her and her damned family? She wasn't just some crazy girl with a decent mind and a wealthy family. He'd been a fool. Something important was going on, and he just didn't have the perspective to see where the currents led.

Skylar turned partially onto his side, looking at her as she postulated, frowning slightly but not correcting her on any thing. He wasn't entirely certain how much she had right, but her thoughts all seemed to be valid enough, at first. If anything he supposed he was thankful that she took the fact that he was using her to his own ends in stride.

It was a healthy attitude. After all, human interaction could basically all be broken down into either manipulation or impulsive self-gratification. When she suggested their using each other for sex he gave a small laugh, flicking a hand dismissively before laying it on her. It was a rather good summary of what exactly they'd functioned like, and it suited him just as well.

It was from there however, that she seemed to make less sense.

"Dreams?" he looked at her, dumbfounded again, and frowned for a long moment before taking up a tone like he might have been speaking to someone slightly slow. "All people dream. Many even remember them. It is a natural activity of the self conscious performing restorative functions. I haven't but had a night where I dreamed vividly since I put on this pendant. And not I, nor anyway else, has come to harm because of it. I assure you, we may be in danger from any great number of things, but dreams are not among them." He looked at her oddly, not sure whether to think it was a strange part of her sometimes slightly naive eccentricity, or if he was grossly misunderstanding her. Somehow.

He settled in, making it clear that he had no intent to get up and leave even as that ticked over in his head. Something was missing. There was still a piece out of place...

She'd been having dreams since he got there. Supposedly not before.

Skylar raised his head partially, "...what have these dreams been about? Describe one."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:11 pm
"Ugh...", she'd explained things poorly. She laid flat on her back, arms crossed as she gnawed on her lip trying to figure out a way to explain things. "I've told you how I see ghosts or...imprints of things past. I don't dream. Period. Or they are so locked back in my subconscious that my brain doesn't even recognize them as dreams. When I do remember them...bad things happen. I..oh here..." She closed her eyes tightly and tried to focus on the night's most recent dream, what was not slowly being closed off by Fae's magic. It only worked in accordance to her own will though so if she willed it to stay, it could only be closed off so far.

"In one dream, I'm with a warrior, not even dressed, covered in blue paint. We're leaving a tent after he has grabbed some of my clothing, which for some reason he thinks is another man's." As she spoke, the air around them shimmered, allowing Skylar to see his past self as Serafina saw him in the dream, picking up the clothing and the pendant from a pedestal before being led out by the girl and the dragon whom he assumed were prisoners. "But it's a trap. I was using him to lead us to his camp so that we could ambush him. My warriors were silent." Everything she described was as he could see. "But Boita saved them..." speaking the dragon's name aloud as the dragon in the dream play roared frightening all of the warriors, Boita standing between Skylar and the rest of the Firebrand's men. "I wasn't willing to go against Boita's judgement....and then his reinforcements arrived, men and women of the Fae and battle ensued." Everything she described, Skylar would be able to see as if it was being ripped from the fabric of the past, as if he could touch it, as if it would bleed him if wounded.

"Eventually, I fell..." it was then he would see one of 'his' men strike at the woman and she fell backwards atop the Serafina lying on the bed. "The battle stopped at his cry, him striking his own man. He did not know then that it was my treachery that had caused so much to fall." As Serafina continued to lie there and speak, as if in a trance...where she had been wounded began to flood with a bloodstain that slowly spread, as real as any wound on her he'd seen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:46 am
He didn't seem to understand at first.

But when she began, oh, a number of things became clear. It took him almost no time to recognize the dream he'd just had, and only moments more to see, with an audible breath drawn, the images swirling and congealing to life over them. His eyes widened and his lips worked subtly, identifying, memorizing- and trying to figure out if she was using illusion, or what was going on.

His eyes followed sharply, watching the ghost begin to fade back into her, the girl so distant like she'd never been before as...

She was bleeding.

His brows knitted and he threw back the sheets, seeing the wound in her side. It was the same one. With a curse he climbed astride her, turning that side elevated, and slapped a palm on her, bouncing energy, acclimating faster than ever thanks to the bond, feeling for the damage and then pressing the tip of a finger into each side of the wound.

This was more serious, and it took to it. His lips worked silently, this time to focus on each of the individual pieces he had to repair, the series of tasks, stitching her together from the inside out as he first sought to mend ruptured blood vessels, then small damages to organs, muscle tissue- the light climbed up his hands, then arms, glowing power he pushed into her greater than he'd ever fed from himself for anything like this before. The red ringing the center of his eyes grew darker and expanded, fighting into the purple even as he forced more power out, heart pounding in his ears, vessels burning, specks of old imprints rising into his mind- he kept up his chant, blocking it out until he recoiled as if stung with a cry, panting from the effort as he looked at her.

She was still bleeding- he'd not quite managed to close the wound on either side, but he thought he'd addressed all of the internal damage. He shook his head, blinking away false images and... they didn't all go away.

She was still recounting it?

"That's enough for now- shut up you fool girl!" He shook her and turned her onto her back. If that didn't do the trick, he lifted a hand without thinking- and laced a weak hint of power into his Command even as he slapped her across the cheek.

"That is enough!"  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:05 am
"He bent down, saving my life at the cost of his own. Battle ceased to watch our life forces struggling, dancing, loving...it was as if we could not stop ourselves." She seemed oblivious to his efforts, the energy flowing in and out of her with careless ease, infusing with such force as to drown a man. If he were to look, he would see the energy he could normally control very visible and wild, doing just as she said around them, he would recognize his own energy, of course, but hers was a wild chaotic thing, no single color, no single flow, even as he looked, it would change course and be something entirely different.

The energies fought with one another, moving into a synchronized dance to an embrace. "We were wild, we were civilized, order matching chaos, female to male...", her words drifting in and out of his ears as he worked upon her. The blood had stopped pouring so freely.

*smack*
Skylar Pendra
"That is enough!"

Slowly, her eyes came back into focus, the bright flickers of blood red in her eyes continued to sparkle as tears formed, streaming down from either side of her face.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:34 am
Skylar stared, panting and recovering, watching to be sure the storm was rhrough. He had many thoughts, too many, eager hunger and the chilling ice of shock and fear still mixing in his belly.

But first, he took her face in each hand and kissed her.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:42 am
Dark eyelashes fluttered over her unusually pale face as she looked up at him, only to have him embrace her. Raising one hand, she brushed a stray hair from his face, not yet saying anything as she looked at him, felt him embracing her, her own response weak. The 'ghosts' of the past had faded and though her side still bled, she was in no danger any longer. She looked tired, however, drained even.

Outside, the dragon continued to keen, the sound just now breaking through into the room. "Bubbles..", she tried to sit up feebly but had not the strength, especially with any resistance to the idea from Skylar.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:18 am
Skylar put a hand on her chest to halt her, frowning sternly before climbing carefully to his feet. "I will let him in. Where?" He asked, even as he felt her forehead and considered if she was in shock or merely worn by the injury and experience. If she told him he'd head off to grant Bubbles entrance, ignoring the wet spots on his back where scabs had cracked.

The silver haired man stopped in the door, turning to look at her. "Last night, I dreamt that as well," he said quietly, and removed his pendant, dropping it before going to admit the dragon.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 am
There was no fever. She was just weakened. Lack of enough food to fuel the incident plus their own exertions. Pointing to the window, she did warn," He's probably already there, I'd suggest moving out of his way." And how right she was, if Skylar did not heed her warning, he'd see a large, black-blue dragon like creature gripping its claws into the side of the brick building. But as soon as the window was opening, it slithered in a blur, managing somehow to get his entire mass through the window.

A puff of air would hit Skylar in the face as the dragon pushed off into the thankfully large room to shove into the bed, keening unhappily. "Shhhh...Bubbles, I'm okay. Just stupid." She placed a hand on the dragon's muzzle and began to give him scritches until he calmed down and placed his head and paws on the bed, like an overgrown puppy, his tail lazily thumping back and forth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am
Skylar stood back by the window, running a hand through to flatten out hair that had already been everywhere even before the dragon. Watching the two of them, he didn't even bother going for any clothing while the dragon fussed over her. After a while he settled down onto the floor, folding his legs beneath himself and watching with both intense thought and a bothersome ache like feeling in his chest. He could suppose at least let part of why very easily.

when Bubbles would eventually notice him, he'd bow deeply at the waist, maintaining eye contact and then stand to extend a hand slowly toward his nose.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 pm
After satisfying itself that Serafina was in an acceptable condition, Bubbles glanced around the room, finally spotting Skylar. Tilting his head to the side, the large mouthed beast peered at him for the longest time before padding his way over to the prince. As they continued to look at one another, the flashes of colors swirled through Bubbles eyes until Skylar finally reached out towards his muzzle...

...and got a snout shoving his hand backwards with playful force. "Brwwhrlrlrlclk", his tail thumping happily, right before Skylar got a face full of dragon tongue...

"Ahahahahahaoowwww~!" Serafina couldn't help but laugh so hard at the scene before her that her wound hurt but it was so damned funny watching mister perfect put in his place by an overgrown pet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:17 pm
"Bleeeauch!" he cried in surprise at the sudden and overwhelming amount of dragon tongue shooting across his face, slathering the whole thing and leaving some of his hair sticking straight up. Skylar stood stuck with his arms half-raised, finally trusting to pry one eye open to glower at Serafina with a a cold fury. And just the tiniest twinkle of playfulness, making it more of a 'you're going to pay for this one'.

He wiped off his face awkwardly, patting the dragon on the head, clearly not blaming Bubbles more than about a second of glaring was worth.

"I take it you've accepted me, then," he said stiffly, starting to move forward and just as quickly resolving into a white blur in the air, a fox with some awkwardly slicked and disarrayed fur hopping up across Bubble's neck to stand on his back, shaking itself dry and glowering further at Serafina, even as he got comfy on her dragon.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:20 pm
"Raw ha ra ha ra ha", Bubbles continued happily, looking like he was going in for another lick. Only to be startled himself as a quick white blur happened in front of his eyes, his neck stretching to look at the strange little being who did not look like someone Serafina wouldn't mind him playing with. Serafina who was studiously ignoring the two of them as she rummaged around under her bed, finally finding the scraps of fabric she was looking for.

"Alright, you....come here..." Bubbles trotting the length of the room to sit before her with his passenger on his back. "This is gross, my dad freaking out will be worse..." wrinkling her nose as she reached into Bubbles mouth and pulled out a bit of his saliva and slathered it on the fabric before lifting the shirt and placing the dressing. "Not sure how it works, but his saliva has some healing properties in it, kinda like a cat, I guess. I'd rather this particular marking be down before I head to my parents next week, ya know?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm
The fox shook itself dry one last time, and eyed her suspiciously for a long moment before it walked along Bubbles as if he were a big log rather than a living, firebreathing creature, hopping onto the bed to get into a good position to lift his nose up and sniff at her wounds. That, and the saliva. It was a little easier to judge its properties by smell when it was a by a means other than choking on a mask of the stuff.

He stared at her, and an ear twitched, casually biding his time and thinking before he resolved into human form again. He looked a little less sour about the whole laughing at him plastered in dragon spit thing.

"I can likely complete your healing this evening, if you prefer." He looked at her thoughtfully, very much considering the fact that she had talked about everything except for the shocking little episode. Acceptance, or avoidance? He sat quietly for a long moment and considered it, pondering quite quietly.

"You said you didn't dream, not until me. I suspect you mean until the pendant. That was one of the memories inside of it. The ones I've been remembering dream-by-dream since I put it on. Somehow, you've been channeling my memories without even the relic's presence."

He eyed her carefully for a reaction, even as he said it all more mildly and carefully than he normally would have bothered to. It would be useless to ask how- she didn't know.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Lamplight Memories

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games