Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Genital Warts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chi Kamisori

Lonely Bibliophile

10,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:28 pm
Okay, so this is not cool... it makes me nervous and I do not want to tell anybody! I have never had sex, I explore with myself but never with anyone else. I shave my pubic area and sometimes I get pimples (which is also concerning..) but I began to itch down there and I looked and it looks like a wart. Warts are heredity in my family, I have them on my hands... but on my pubic area? People will think I've slept around, but I'm a virgin! It popped up recently, it was not there this morning! I'm worried.. can someone explain this to me? Can I get rid of it on my own? Can pubic hair grow over it and hide it?

Also.. my uncle (two years younger than me) had them at age 7 I believe, and I dunno if they're still there. Of course he was a virgin as well..  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 am
If you're not sexually active, you probably don't have genital warts. Genital warts are not passed down in the family in that way.

Warts are caused by a virus called HPV. There are over 100 different types of HPV. The different types all do slightly different things and spread in slightly different ways. Not all lead to warts. But the ones that do lead to warts usually only lead to warts in a specific part of the body. So the types of HPV that can cause genital warts are usually only spread through direct sexual contact.

Some people are more prone to catching HPV than others. That's due mostly to the person's immune system. And there is a hereditary element to the strength of your immune system, so that's why some families are more prone to warts than others.

Since you're not sexually active, since you just noticed this bump today, and since you shave your pubic hair, it's more likely that it's an infected hair follicle. A lot of people don't realize that shaving is actually rather hard on your skin, especially in a sensitive part like the pubic area. Shaving down there can lead to pimples, irritation, MRSA, vaginal infections, and more. So staying all natural or just trimming is the healthiest option. If you're not willing to give up shaving for good, at least take a break from it for a little while to give the bump some time to heal and to see what it does without further irritation. Also, wear cotton underwear. Make sure your pants and underwear are not too tight.

If the bump gets worse or doesn't go away in a few days, schedule a doctor's appointment to have it looked at.

As for the other types of warts, try putting apple cider vinegar on them. Clean things like doorknobs, remote controls (not by putting them under water though - use an anti-viral wipe), the refrigerator handle, and the toilet flusher to reduce the risk of warts getting passed around throughout your home. Wash your hands. Do what you can to boost your immune system - get plenty of sleep and eat right.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas