Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

(Backdated to during the festival time.)

The sun had taken a leisurely stroll down from the sky to wander behind the mountains that guarded the lands of the Ela'Wadiyi some time ago. The sunset was the barest smudge of pink still staining the western sky line, but most of the heavens above had been streaked with rich blues and deep purples. Below, the celebrations of the lions continued at all hours. There were too many of them, all the clans gathered snugly together for the one time a year, for everyone to sleep at once. There would be revelers out and about at all hours of the day and night, especially the young ones.

Svgata was one such youth. He wove through the numerous dens and curled lions sleeping in the open away from the heart of the Wolf Clan's 'territory'. Everyone still up and about had gathered near the center area where all the clans met. He could hear voices from that way already, and sped himself up. This was the most important time of year for anyone looking to get to better know those living in other clans, and though the Wolf was numerous, Svga'd found it more than nice to meet (or re-meet as the case might be) some new faces.

He called out a friendly greeting when at last he came upon the gathering, bobbing his head at a few souls he knew from his own clan, even a sibling busy chatting away. He turned away from them of course - he could talk to anyone in Wolf all the year around. Tonight was for meeting people in other clans. Like him, or her, or...her. The young fellow stopped dead at the glimpse of golden eyes through the din. She wasn't looking his way, but in a heart beat he wished she would. She was nearly invisible against the darkening night sky, but he knew she was lovely. And he knew he'd have to find a way to try to talk to her. If only he could stop staring long enough...and if it didn't suddenly feel like he'd gone all left paws. Someone bumped into him as they pushed past and he jolted into moving. Still transfixed, he did his best not to trip over himself as he cut a path towards the stunning beauty that'd caught his eye.

Meepfur
Hope that start's okay. I wasn't sure what she'd do obviously so I just had him spot her.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:47 pm
Gosdaya was too excitable for her own good, even on normal days, but with the festival on, the painted lioness was outdoing her usual enthusiasm by far. She had to talk to everyone about everything (but especially about the upcoming Sky Ceremony and how so very excited she was). And then, every so often, she had to come and find Sagonige and tell her all about everything she had been doing and everyone she had met, as though if she didn't share it with someone immediately she might forget.

The grulla lioness did love her sister, she really did, but patience had its limits, and so did attention span. With a long-suffering sigh that Gosdaya was too oblivious to notice, Sagonige excused herself from her sibling's company, claiming that she was thirsty, and perhaps they could catch up with each other later. Look, wasn't that Etawa over there? Surely he'd love to hear about Gosdaya's adventures! ...truth was, he probably would, so she didn't feel too bad about saddling him with their most boisterous sister.

Having succesfully extricated herself, she headed in the general direction of the water. She hadn't been lying when she had said she was thirsty.

ShinosBee
Works excellently for me! He's so cute, d'aww. <3

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 pm
She turned like a bird on the wing an for one bright moment he saw the midnight beauty directly before she had looked away (never seeing him, though he hoped she had) and moving. Moving! Out of the crowd but away from where he was still gingerly picking his way towards her! His heart was beating against his ribs like thunder in a jar as he sped up, apologies half mumbled as he trod on a tail or a paw in his awestruck (but rather blind) haste.

When he at last broke free of the denser packed lions he found himself across te watering hole from the mystery beauty. Not right across-she'd not look up from a leisurely drink, meet his eyes, and know it was fate or anything of the like, but more like a half turn away from her. Near enough to ind his suspicions confirmed. She was as radiant as the sun, but far more delicate and composed. Like...like something more sedate some how. The moon? No, still too bright and obvious, he chided himself as he let water go dripping from his slackened jaw. When had he started drinking as well?

The stars, he decided. In a deep velvet night sky. Gods above if she'd only look his way.

A moments panic that of course she'd never notice an earthy brown thing like him thrilled from his neck to his toes and before he realized just what he was doing he found himself beside her, only a few yards way, and saying in a hused, almost awed tone, "You're beautiful."

An then of course he realized, and made a noise something between a mortified squeak and a dismal sigh. "S-sorry. Uh. I'm...Svgata? Let me start again..." He had more manners than that! Ugh, by he'd already stuffed his foot in his mouth. Maybe if he was lucky there'd be a crocodile in the watering whole who'd decide he'd be a tasty treat and put him out of his misery.

meepfur
He's actually quite helpless. Oops.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 pm
Ahh, relative peace and quiet and a nice, cool drink. Sagonige observed the others nearby with idle, polite curiosity, noting their presence but not truly noticing anyone. Perhaps she would socialize a bit later, after she'd-

'You're beautiful.'

The petite lioness lifted her head, blinking wide golden eyes at the speaker: dark-and-light fur, green mane, full tattoos - born Ela'wadiyi, not a newcomer. Surprised by the compliment but certainly not one to look down on such things, she favored him with a soft smile. "Please, there's no need for you to apologize. It was very kind of you to say, thank you."

Sagonige was, quite honestly, flattered, and secretly pleased to have been noticed. Meeting...prospects was a bit of a Festival 'thing,' after all, and one she found far more interesting than wrestling. "My name is Sagonige, Atadiusti."

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:24 am
Meepfur

The poor fellow really was about ready to throw himself into the watering hole until the midnight-sky lioness smiled. He nearly didn't hear her words, he was so dazzled, but soon snapped out of it. She...she'd liked what he'd said. That alone was enough to make him walk on air all night, but the fact that she didn't turn away, didn't dismiss him, didn't do anything but seem to reciprocate his interest, at least a little, and offer her name... It couldn't have gone better if he'd planned it. The spirits had given him luck it seemed, and he grinned back, still shy with embarrassment at first, then bolder.

"Sagonige Atadiusti...your name's pretty too. Ahhh...I mean, mm, my full name is Svgata Galvquodi. I'm...with Wolf Clan...and you?" Certainly not Wolf. He'd have seen her around for sure if she was. Something tickled at the back of his mind (he thought he'd heard that last name before, and didn't know where) but he shoved it aside. Now that he was coming more to his senses he was determined not to mess this up. You didn't often get two first chances and this one he'd managed to make not that bad. There would always be other festivals and chances to meet other lions, but why waste the half-good start?

"Sorry again for that," He continued with a more relaxed tone. "I've normally got more tact. Then again, it's not normal that I get that star-struck." That wasn't too weird to admit, right? She WAS lovely, and he was only being honest. Oh, hopefully he wouldn't push too hard and drive her off before he even really got to meet her. And hopefully she wouldn't think he was half the fool he still felt like.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:48 pm
"Mantis. My mother is the alunadi," she supplied with pride, for they were all that remained of any original Mantis bloodline, but not with haughtiness or undue arrogance. She was proud of her family, but didn't think herself superior for it. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Svgata Galvquodi."

The corners of her mouth turned up in a small, enigmatic smile as she watched him. He was positively adorable. Fortunately for him, his stumblings fell under 'cutely awkward' rather than 'potentially creepy.' "Please, you've nothing to apologize for," Sagonige reiterated. "It is not such a terrible thing to say to someone. There are certainly far worse!"

ShinosBee
I am the slowest person in the history of ever.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:43 pm
Meepfur
Hey Meep! Just wanted to check in if you still wanted to do this pair. I'm working on tagging anything I've left hanging (even after all these months) so I thought I'd check before I just assume one way or the other. I still think they're adorable, but it's all good either way. <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:44 pm
ShinosBee
Yass, 100% happy to continue with them! And still 100% slow.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces