Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Job hunting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Faelenn

Questing Hellraiser

27,575 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:21 pm
Really, this is just to rant about my job-acquisition failures, and to invite others to mope with me.
I just graduated from university (I'm a geologist now!), but I've been applying for jobs since December. No hits. Seriously, I've only gotten two rejection notes, everyone else just failed to reply. I have to have sent out 25-30 resumes. I'm getting incredibly frustrated about it all. Especially because while I'm searching I'm living back with my parents, because I am completely broke from uni. I love my parents and all, but after 5 years of living independently, it's really weird to have them around nagging me about things again.
I just want to get some work experience in my field, I don't even care what I'm doing.
Anyone else here in the same boat? Searching for a job, trying to get into school, any of those frustrating responsible adult things?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:33 am
getting a job in general is already difficult enough for me, because of those damn assessment tests. burning_eyes  

SteviieSkye

Excitable Giver

prayersinchairs

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 pm
I kind of am?
I moved away right after high school. I lived in college dorms. I quit college due to complicated reasons. I moved in with my at the time girlfriend. We lived together for about a year. We saved our money to move into a house. Two weeks after living in said house she broke up with me.
I had no where to go and no more money for another down payment.
I moved back home.
I'm living in my parents' guest house right now, but I'm not used to being so close to them.
I was saving my money. I got a job as soon as I moved here.
But a couple weeks ago, I quit my job due to unfair treatment.
Now I'm screwed.
I've been trying to put in application after application, but I can't find anything.
I live in a commuter town and I'm terrified of driving on the interstate.  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games